Any forum posters that are "gone" that you miss having around here?

Eshvara

People come and go, and some kind of stay in your heart!! (in a way anyway) :D

Are there any old forum posters/swtor players you miss having discussions with or just enjoying their banter?

I do!!

Myself, I miss seeing Rolodome, I always liked his posts and PorsaLindahl! I'm sure there are more but these are the first I came up with.

What about you? :)

(I assume a thread like this is alright, not sure if it's supposed to be in off-topic, so forgive.)

:o

Happy ©Saturday!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several. Ikinai is a good one, I love her song parodies. Peter_Plankskull I always enjoyed seeing. Crazy_CT, Codedrago. Thoronmir and his morning ritual pancakes and tea! Squirrelballz who's always wonderful. Kabeone though I think she was better known in the Community Content section for art drawings and fiction. PennyAnn even though she only just left recently. Plenty of great people who've come and gone and it's a shame they're no longer around to liven the place up. Edited by JennyFlynn

PennyAnn: Wrote eloquently and did a great job at expressing their point in great detail. I wouldn't have understood conquest nearly as well had it not been for PennyAnn's explanations on how and why the changes BW made to conquest were bad decisions. Sad to see PennyAnn gone, even though I didn't agree with everything Penny wrote I found the posts Penny wrote enlightening and interesting!

Dawginhole: I like to read some of his old posts because many of the problems with gears and PVP still exist today, even 5 years later. Sort of a malcontent, but his gripes were accurate.

Foxmob: An oldschool PVPer that always had a voice and added banter in the PVP section.

TheCourier- :always was in conversations around PVP and gave good info with great insight.

Icykill_ : I miss Icykill_ because her posts were always well meant and many of her concerns were valid. She was very passionate about the game and really loved it. I realize she seemed to have an obsession with hacks in the game and this brought a lot of heat on her by some people on the forums, regardless her post output was strong and I miss the activity and passion she brought to the forums.

Capt_Beers : Always had an opinion and was fairly objective in his posts. He didn't slam BW all the time but he was a heavy critic when they deserved it.

Evolixe: PVPer always had an opinion. Even if I didn't agree with him he was a heavy contributor to our forums and added to the activity with great insight and a ton of technical knowledge of the classes in PVP.

Zoom_IV: He played Crinn, and I am pretty sure he hated my guts! That being said, I liked the fact he voiced his opinion and he was fun to interact with on the forums. Even though I am pretty sure he hated me. rofl.

Jinre_the_Jedi: Krea made awesome guides and was a topnotch contributor in the PVP forum section when he was active and playing, I miss his posts and guides.

BigDumbViking: I miss going back and forth with this troll. He was a great PVPer too. One of my detractors who wasn't very fond of me, but regardless I still miss him. :p

Sindol: Sindol was a RPer first and a PVPer second on TEH. I miss his enthusiasm and energy in the game as well as on the forums!

Hei_Atzfel: He played Saya on TEH, and was a bit angry and hated me lots early on. I miss our forum PVP sparring sessions! He was another guy that although a bit jaded and always favoring stealths in perspective I miss mostly because of his energy and activity plus he was one of my main detractors who loved attacking me. This kept me on my toes! (I miss those days! Back when we actually had passionate arguments on the forums about what guild was best in PVP or who was worst etc. lol those were good days.) Before I took a long break we became better acquainted and a lot of the hate was dissolved between us.

Anyway, I guess basically looking back at earlier times made me nostalgic. I had to read some of the older posts I wrote and read posts written by many of the people around 2013-2014 and the amount of silliness is pretty shocking to my eyes now.

I was quite obnoxious and can see why I had a lot of haters rofl. I wrote a lot of the posts back then to stir people up and make WZ PVP more interesting not just the forums, so I had a reason for my heavy handed trolling. Still pretty obnoxious, I admit.

One thing present though was passion. Even in all the responses to much of my trolling, whether against me and the guild I was in or for the guild, people really had a lot of passion and we have none of that anymore. The forums have come to a screeching halt, there's little to ZERO guild competition and people just don't care anymore.

I'd provide a link to some of the posts I wrote just to show the amount of energy present in those posts by people responding but tbh I am a little embarrassed at the length I went to troll. :o

Fact is though, the forums were really active back then, there was drama, and emotion which sometimes even when bad is good. I miss them days.

PennyAnn: Wrote eloquently and did a great job at expressing their point in great detail. I wouldn't have understood conquest nearly as well had it not been for PennyAnn's explanations on how and why the changes BW made to conquest were bad decisions. Sad to see PennyAnn gone, even though I didn't agree with everything Penny wrote I found the posts Penny wrote enlightening and interesting!

Dawginhole: I like to read some of his old posts because many of the problems with gears and PVP still exist today, even 5 years later. Sort of a malcontent, but his gripes were accurate.

Foxmob: An oldschool PVPer that always had a voice and added banter in the PVP section.

TheCourier- :always was in conversations around PVP and gave good info with great insight.

Icykill_ : I miss Icykill_ because her posts were always well meant and many of her concerns were valid. She was very passionate about the game and really loved it. I realize she seemed to have an obsession with hacks in the game and this brought a lot of heat on her by some people on the forums, regardless her post output was strong and I miss the activity and passion she brought to the forums.

Capt_Beers : Always had an opinion and was fairly objective in his posts. He didn't slam BW all the time but he was a heavy critic when they deserved it.

Evolixe: PVPer always had an opinion. Even if I didn't agree with him he was a heavy contributor to our forums and added to the activity with great insight and a ton of technical knowledge of the classes in PVP.

Zoom_IV: He played Crinn, and I am pretty sure he hated my guts! That being said, I liked the fact he voiced his opinion and he was fun to interact with on the forums. Even though I am pretty sure he hated me. rofl.

Jinre_the_Jedi: Krea made awesome guides and was a topnotch contributor in the PVP forum section when he was active and playing, I miss his posts and guides.

BigDumbViking: I miss going back and forth with this troll. He was a great PVPer too. One of my detractors who wasn't very fond of me, but regardless I still miss him. :p

Sindol: Sindol was a RPer first and a PVPer second on TEH. I miss his enthusiasm and energy in the game as well as on the forums!

Hei_Atzfel: He played Saya on TEH, and was a bit angry and hated me lots early on. I miss our forum PVP sparring sessions! He was another guy that although a bit jaded and always favoring stealths in perspective I miss mostly because of his energy and activity plus he was one of my main detractors who loved attacking me. This kept me on my toes! (I miss those days! Back when we actually had passionate arguments on the forums about what guild was best in PVP or who was worst etc. lol those were good days.) Before I took a long break we became better acquainted and a lot of the hate was dissolved between us.

Anyway, I guess basically looking back at earlier times made me nostalgic. I had to read some of the older posts I wrote and read posts written by many of the people around 2013-2014 and the amount of silliness is pretty shocking to my eyes now.

I was quite obnoxious and can see why I had a lot of haters rofl. I wrote a lot of the posts back then to stir people up and make WZ PVP more interesting not just the forums, so I had a reason for my heavy handed trolling. Still pretty obnoxious, I admit.

One thing present though was passion. Even in all the responses to much of my trolling, whether against me and the guild I was in or for the guild, people really had a lot of passion and we have none of that anymore. The forums have come to a screeching halt, there's little to ZERO guild competition and people just don't care anymore.

I'd provide a link to some of the posts I wrote just to show the amount of energy present in those posts by people responding but tbh I am a little embarrassed at the length I went to troll. :o

Fact is though, the forums were really active back then, there was drama, and emotion which sometimes even when bad is good. I miss them days.

Agreed!! I guess times change, eh?:o But there are still some healthy discussions going around here! :)

It seems a lot of the more "Conversation Oriented" members have gone. Right now the forums this sub forum in particular are a lot more short subjects rather then the long discussions. That was pretty good following the subjects as they were discussed some at length by those wanting to *Discuss and not just bash anybody that dared to post. Most of the names nolonger here are.. those people. Discussing = Good, Bashing = Bad.

Darth... what was his name... he recently posted again on Reddit, but it didn't last very long. What was his last name... I forgot. He was funny. (Not on purpose, but anyway.)

And this one extreme white knight. I also forgot his name (and he wasn't mentioned above). He just disappeared from one day to the other after some years of massive whiteknighting. Still puzzles me how that happened. He never said a bad word against anyone. Just left quietly.

And some old friends whose names I have long forgotten.

Most people who are gone, I don't miss. Just like most people wouldn't miss me. But I won't leave. :p

[Edited.]

Edited by JattaGin

Darth... what was his name... he recently posted again on Reddit, but it didn't last very long. What was his last name... I forgot. He was funny. (Not on purpose, but anyway.)

And this one extreme white knight. I also forgot his name (and he wasn't mentioned above). He just disappeared from one day to the other after some years of massive whiteknighting. Still puzzles me how that happened. He never said a bad word against anyone. Just left quietly.

And some old friends whose names I have long forgotten.

DarthSpuds? Or DarthEnrique? I like them both! :)

Edited by Eshvara

:D They were good, too. (Enrique is still lurking here, as far as I know.)

The Darth I refer to was here long before those two Darths. I believe it was years before you joined this forum.

Ahhh, I see! I remember one more Darth, but not the full name, hah! :D

Nice to see people missing other posters/players and having fond memories of them. Thank you for participating! :)

Ahhh, I see! I remember one more Darth, but not the full name, hah! :D

Nice to see people missing other posters/players and having fond memories of them. Thank you for participating! :)

I'm happy to participate. There haven't been many threads I felt like responding to during the last months. It's good to have you back. Your positive attitude (without whiteknighting) has been and still is refreshing to me. I didn't always agree with you in the past, but your positivity is... well, positive. :D Keep it coming. :)

I'm happy to participate. There haven't been many threads I felt like responding to during the last months. It's good to have you back. Your positive attitude (without whiteknighting) has been and still is refreshing to me. I didn't always agree with you in the past, but your positivity is... well, positive. :D Keep it coming. :)

N'awww, thanks!! Glad to be back as well! :D

N'awww, thanks!! Glad to be back as well! :D

Breaks are often good! Nothing wrong with playing other games / enjoying other things when there is a content drought or real life demands take hold.

With that said, the devilish cynic in me thinks that some of the names listed in this thread aren't really gone. It is amazing how similar posting styles and subjects catch my eye. Far worse on Reddit, but it's pretty obvious here too.

<<insert X-Files theme>> :rak_03:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Breaks are often good! Nothing wrong with playing other games / enjoying other things when there is a content drought or real life demands take hold.

With that said, the devilish cynic in me thinks that some of the names listed in this thread aren't really gone. It is amazing how similar posting styles and subjects catch my eye. Far worse on Reddit, but it's pretty obvious here too.

Dasty

I agree, breaks are wonderful and when you return you get that refreshing feeling back!

I've been gone for some months so I'm not all that aware of who is really gone and who isn't, But the ones I mentioned were gone before I was, iirc!

:)

I miss the Old Witch, who suddenly disappeared from the forums. At the risk of sounding morbid, I occasionally wonder when people just suddenly drop out of forums (and games) if they are OK in real life. I probably would not have pondered this too much, except for the real-life loss of gaming friends in other games over the years.

Let's toast all of the once-active forum posters, and wish them good health and long lives.

Too all forum posters, past and present!

Cheers

Dasty

Agreed, Dasty.

DarthSpuds? Or DarthEnrique? I like them both! :)

Well thanks, I do pop in from time to time, usually using a referral link to get to post for a few days.

Kind of bored with the other games I have installed at the moment (ESO, LOTRO, WOW) and mourning the demise of Wildstar (was a gem of a game IMO), so I thought I would give Star Wars another try.

And it is getting close to Xmas - and Xmas always means Star Wars for me.

All The Best

Well thanks, I do pop in from time to time, usually using a referral link to get to post for a few days.

Kind of bored with the other games I have installed at the moment (ESO, LOTRO, WOW) and mourning the demise of Wildstar (was a gem of a game IMO), so I thought I would give Star Wars another try.

And it is getting close to Xmas - and Xmas always means Star Wars for me.

All The Best

Oh, hey Spuds!! :D Nice to see you around! I only just resubbed myself a week ago, I think! :)

Oh, hey Spuds!! :D Nice to see you around! I only just resubbed myself a week ago, I think! :)

I've not resubbed as such, just used a referral link to get 7 days.

If at the end of that 7 days I'm still enjoying it I'll sub for 3 months, see me through the Xmas holidays etc.

Most of my "downtime" is now spent prepping for a running a weekly table-top Dungeons & Dragons game for some work colleagues and friends. I've done very little MMO gaming in the last 4 months or so. Don't even have an ESO sub running currently, and I have had that running since the game launched.

Anyways, nice to see you are still around, and being positive.

All The Best

I've not resubbed as such, just used a referral link to get 7 days.

If at the end of that 7 days I'm still enjoying it I'll sub for 3 months, see me through the Xmas holidays etc.

Most of my "downtime" is now spent prepping for a running a weekly table-top Dungeons & Dragons game for some work colleagues and friends. I've done very little MMO gaming in the last 4 months or so. Don't even have an ESO sub running currently, and I have had that running since the game launched.

Anyways, nice to see you are still around, and being positive.

All The Best

I've never played D&D before, but it sounds like a lot of fun so that's great! :)

Ahhh, right!! Well, if you somehow don't sub and wont be around during the holidays, I wish you happy very early holidays!! :D And if you do sub, I guess I'll see you around here.:)

I miss PaulSutherland's posts -there was something humorous in them and his admiration for Vaylin (and ideas on how to bring her back) were admirable in their own ways imo.

I also miss PennyAnn's posts, she was always a voice of reason in these forums.

I miss Darth Wicked, the king of lore monkeys.

I miss Ixum and his sexy photoshops.

I miss bright_ephemera and the Forced Companions Daycare.

Kabone and her beautiful art as already mentioned. I particularly enjoyed her chibis. Maybe she will come back when Scourge does!

Crezelle and her fascination with Chiss and Vector fangirling.

DomiSotto, the sane Zenith fangirl.

And many, many more :(