Why is there no kill option for Lana?

Avashnea

There should be. Especially now that she's no longer the sole option for F-SGR. If they can do it to Theron, they can do it to her. I would be satisfied, if we could just get rid of her for a while--send her to the ends of the galaxy to fetch Outer Rim Chocolate so that we don't have to have her in our face in every. single. mission. forever, if we don't want to. But killing is good too. <.< Edited by Lunafox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just need to stop killing off LIs, period.

Yeah, I would've agreed...except that ship has sailed and some are not better than others that have been killed and those that haven't been aren't more worthy to live than those lost. Death for all or death for none.

Edited by Lunafox

Of course. Hey, having two F/F romances limited to two classes in Alliance Alerts that will never be main story is a-ok, we can kill off the only one for the other six classes! EQUALITY, y'all!

Who wants to take bets on when the first "I hate 5.10 female companion/I want them dead" threads will start appearing from this bunch? My wager is the day after the patch drops. They'll play through and invent the usual reasons to worship the males, even if they're out there kicking puppies, and invent their usual reasons to find hate the females, all while screaming that the devs are sexist.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

The problem isn't that we should or shouldn't kill off LIs, it's that BW needs to continue writing for characters even when in one dialogue tree they end up dead. Killing off LIs is fine. BW's lazy writing is not.

This right here is the best post in the whole thread, I think. I agree completely. Characters should continue for people even if others decided to kill them. Excellent post Ardrossan. :)

I really don' t hate Lana but I am tired of her being the one that we have to use. Even in the new chapter coming up it seems she is the only one that knows anything, sorry that is wrong. That really shouldn't be. My jedi wouldn't tell her, they would tell Theron since he has always been loyal to the Republic. If you are going to betray the Republic fine tell Lana but if you are loyal to the Republic or going to betray the Empire then no.

Regarding the new characters in the new chapter, I have no problems with them except for one thing, my sorceress did not side with Malora on Korriban so they already have sort of a history not a good one.

I don't hate them except the way Malora is being represented on twitter is not setting well with me. I don't care if some like her but the comment on twitter stating she is everyone's favorite doesn't sit well with me. She not my favorite and I really don't appreciate that comment and it really bothers me that Eric would actually say that on twitter. It would have been better to have said Some of our favorite or something in that line. This is not the first time they have done this but the first time I overlooked it, when they said everyone hated Koth but here they go again.

Edited by casirabit

We've been given the option for Theron and Koth (both of which didn't REALLY deserve it and I would never chose to do so). Why is there no option for Lana? She HAS deserved it a few times.

Theron and Koth were begging for it. Theron especially, the only companion that begged for a kill option more than Theron was Quinn.

Lana is like, the most loyal friggen companion in the game. She so clearly is devoted to you and virtually worships the ground you walk on.

As far as earlier Lana 's mechinations on speaking out on Theron, she is a Sithlord, she's allowed to kill or seek the death of anyone she wants [other than her superior].

There is absolutely no way Theron could have possibly felt secure you wouldn't die on the tram than he bombed.

That is utterly ridiculous to even entertain the possibility that the player would likely die.

Call me a stickler but, when people shoot at me, I tend to take that personally. This isn't Star Trek, there is no set to stun on blasters, you shoot someone with a blaster they could die. Attempted murder is still a crime the last time I checked as well as Reckless endangerment, setting bombs on trains that explode, trapping people behind a force field so they can't just get out with ease. Theron shot Lana, Lana dives in front of you when Theron shoots at you and she takes the friggen shot for you. That's kinda a thing that demonstraites loyalty.

When the player manages to jump out of the window to escape the explosion, the bombs gone off, the Tram is already detract and half way to crashing to the ground, so you essentially escape with your life by about half a second.

What if Lana hadnt woken up after Theron shot her in time to jump out the window? Should the player just chuck her unconsiuos body out the window and hope she doesn't break her back or spine or her neck when she hits the floor? What if the window got stuck? What if you tripped. What if your shirt got caught on something? What if the window had been locked? What if I couldn't fit through the window? What if I slipped? What if I got scared for a second and wasn't sure what to do? When you leap from things with that kinda kentic energy, you don't stop going in that direction the second you get out the window, you keep moving in the direction the Tram was going in and sometimes when you jump from that height ya land wrong and break your friggen neck.

It would be conservative as all hell to say that you and lana had a 50/50 chance of survival, but l;ets just for argument sake say you had 90% chance of survival, that's 10% chance I could die from it, and that's just about 10% more than I'm going to let someone live over for putting me in that kind of danger.

You are not allowed to knowingly endanger peoples lives, you are not allowed to shoot at people, you aren't even allowed to shot at people and miss let alone hit them. When you shoot at people they can die. You are not allowed to set bombs, you are not allowed to blow up and derail trains, you are not allowed to trap people in places that could very likely lead to their deaths. You are not allowed to force people to leap from one dangerous situation to another one. You are especially not allowed to practice espionage on your own volition and without the consent of the head of state [ under the table of course]. Theron shot at his own father and than had the balls to cry over his death. Even Theron's Mother who is your arch-enemy [ if you're Sith] sends you a letter saying she understands why you killed her son, he did wrong,

I'm a Sithlord and when it comes to Sithlords no one is allowed to place their lives in danger and live. It doesnt matter what the friggen reasons are, Theron knew full well what you were and when you do something like that to a Sithlord, you know given the chance they are going to kill you for it. That's kinda what the Darkside is about.

Theron was just about as loyal as Benedict Arnold.

I understand and am sorry you are unhappy with that option because you really like him and don't want to lose him, but not everyone shares your opinion. But at the same time he deserves a kill option something fierce.

I like Lana a lot [i don't love her though, but she does make a good pincushion until Jaesa get's back] , and I cannot think of any other comp that has ever been as loyal and considerate as Lana. But, if she ever does betray me I will kill her almost as fast as Theron, only difference being I always hated that pub bastard and take less pleasure in the kill. I can't see that ever happening though.

The issue here is not about whether it is wrong or right to have love interest comps get kill options, the issue is making reasons to have to give kill options. BW needs to stop making them betray or work against the player. - I don't want anyone to have to lose comps they like/love. It's just not as fun without some of them.

I don't so much mind that you want a kill option for her because you hate her, but you hate her not because she deserves it, you don't even hate her at all, you are just pissed that they made the pub bastard have a kill option and you want last out and try and make other people unhappy without any basis to do so in fact. She hasn't done anything to deserve a kill option, at least as of now, if that ever changes in the future, by all means, relish the kill.

Theron is a traitor to me, and thus as a Sithlord I feel he has it coming. It's a role-playing game, and I'm just playing my role.

For the Glory of the Empire.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

WayOfTheWarriorx;9656044]Theron and Koth were begging for it. Theron especially, the only companion that begged for a kill option more than Theron was Quinn.

Koth was only "begging for it" if you were sith. My Republic characters had no problems with him since they had no intention of killing innocent people so maybe for you he was begging for it, but not for my Republic characters and the problem with these LI being killed in the stories is they are out of everyone's story which is wrong.

It is fine for you to kill everyone in your story but it is not fine for those choices to affect them in my story.

Koth was only "begging for it" if you were sith. My Republic characters had no problems with him since they had no intention of killing innocent people so maybe for you he was begging for it, but not for my Republic characters and the problem with these LI being killed in the stories is they are out of everyone's story which is wrong.

It is fine for you to kill everyone in your story but it is not fine for those choices to affect them in my story.

None of my Sith Warriors let Kaliyo slaughter civilians either. I don't think any of my characters would. Sith or Jedi, they're not there to hurt innocents.

Koth gives a lot of warning before he takes off, too. It's not a surprise and a PC has many opportunities to avoid it. If Koth leaves it's their own fault. I do think the quantum bomb incident was ridiculous and showed very poor judgment (if Koth had been, say, sick or injured and someone else had to fly the ship and tried to use the controls, well, bye bye to everyone), but I can't blame him for leaving if he felt a PC was not doing the right thing.

But the bottom line is yeah, we know kill for one = kill for all and it's not fair that other people's dislike of certain characters ruins things for everyone.

I don't hate them except the way Malora is being represented on twitter is not setting well with me. I don't care if some like her but the comment on twitter stating she is everyone's favorite doesn't sit well with me. She not my favorite and I really don't appreciate that comment and it really bothers me that Eric would actually say that on twitter. It would have been better to have said Some of our favorite or something in that line. This is not the first time they have done this but the first time I overlooked it, when they said everyone hated Koth but here they go again.

TBH I think - or at least hope- that the comment was either a trolling of the fanbase or an inside joke that only the devs find funny. The same way I really don't think they are giving Khem Val a romance. I don't think anyone would ever consider Malora their favorite Sith. I mean, she's a minor character in a side quest on a starter planet that is only seen by 2 out of 8 classes. I had to Google the name when it came up in the livecast summary.

But I do dislike it when they say that a certain character is liked or hated by everyone. When the Arcann romance came out they said he was "everyone's favorite ex-villain" and I really took exception to that, so I do understand.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Theron and Koth were begging for it. Theron especially, the only companion that begged for a kill option more than Theron was Quinn.

Lana is like, the most loyal friggen companion in the game. She so clearly is devoted to you and virtually worships the ground you walk on.

You're joking, right?

Theron did everything to protect YOU and wasn't 'begging' for anything. As for Lana, hell I trust Gault more than I'd trust her.

And if Theron were actually shooting at you, he wouldn't have missed.

Edited by Avashnea

You're joking, right?

Theron did everything to protect YOU and wasn't 'begging' for anything. As for Lana, hell I trust Gault more than I'd trust her.

And if Theron were actually shooting at you, he wouldn't have missed.

The way it was written doesn't exactly help Theron, the further we went into that plot I think the worse it got for him. As a character I like him but when it got to the traitor story, I don't know anymore. I get what they were trying to do but in the process of doing that I think they actually ruined Theron's character for me.

Forgive me for being Cranky McCranky Pants, but it is 5 in the morning and my first cup of coffee is still brewing. This was the first thread of this nature that I have ever participated in. It is also the last because it is clear there is no middle ground on this one and we will just agree to disagree.

Forgive me (again) for being blunt. It is really irritating, dare I say arrogant, for some people to tell me the proper way to view Lana. I neither need nor desire your advice on the matter. My RP reasons are mine and mine alone -- and they can and do vary.

And, as several people pointed out in this thread and everyone like it, we can ROLEPLAY different views of Lana with different motivations depending on the character we play. I just don't understand why that is such a difficult concept to grasp. That's the whole point of roleplaying -- as in playing a character that is not you. If you have alts, as many of us do, it should not be too difficult to arrive at the conclusion that not every character will view her the same way.

The argument that giving us choices impacts you because it means the character is less likely to play a role in the future is made moot, or at least mitigated, because it obviously means the writers had already arrived at the conclusion the character would not be central to the arc of the story. Put differently, it is not -- oh, there is a kill option for Koth, oh dang, now he is no longer a central character. The order is reversed; i.e., Koth isn't central to the story any longer, let's give players options. You can still have Koth as a romantic partner. Arcann came back for cut scenes, etc..

But it is a fool's errand to try to give primacy to one companion over another because it inevitably devolves into a silly and non-falsifiable debate about which companions are more or less popular.

Dasty

Phew, coffee is ready! :rak_04:

Edited by Jdast

The way it was written doesn't exactly help Theron, the further we went into that plot I think the worse it got for him. As a character I like him but when it got to the traitor story, I don't know anymore. I get what they were trying to do but in the process of doing that I think they actually ruined Theron's character for me.

That is the problem. They made Theron out to be someone that a player would want to kill because of his actions. It wasn't the "hey I just don't like this guy - he gets on my nerves". No, the story was written in a way that there was no turning back from his actions from a player stand point. I was so disappointed that the writers put this awful mess for us to play through because I knew deep down what the end result would become. We never got to see Theron's undercover work through his perspective. We only saw him being hateful to our character. I know this is just a game, but in real life there would be no friggin way anyone would forgive him for his actions. For a guy that says we should court martial Aric Jorgan (or punish Kaliyo or Aric), was happy if we either killed or imprisoned Saresh to not expect the same treatment is pathetic.

But of course, I didn't kill him (with exception to my Sith Assassin, but that's it. And that was on accident :(). I really like Theron but the writers messed up his character with this story. Now he's just going to be a silent statue for my characters thanks to that story.

Koth doesn't deserve to die if you put up with his garbage and do everything totally light-sided. BUT, I can't stand Koth. I will never use him and every time he speaks in scenes I just want to slap him. Him telling my smuggler to try and find a captain for the gravestone was it for me. Or how he doesn't care about anyone who is not Zakuulan. My character is trying to save all people from Arcann and Vaylin's tyranny not just Zakuul.

Lana has never done anything to make me want to kill her. She has been loyal from day one. She risked her life to save my characters from carbonite while their boyfriend/lover/friend Theron was off doing whatever. He was too busy to want to help save the person he fell in love with before (more lazy, cheap story telling). But Lana has never given me a reason to want her dead.

Edited by Swingkittie

The argument that giving us choices impacts you because it means the character is less likely to play a role in the future is made moot, or at least mitigated, because it obviously means the writers had already arrived at the conclusion the character would not be central to the arc of the story. Put differently, it is not -- oh, there is a kill option for Koth, oh dang, now he is no longer a central character. The order is reversed; i.e., Koth isn't central to the story any longer, let's give players options. You can still have Koth as a romantic partner. Arcann came back for cut scenes, etc..

This is how I feel about it, too. It's not that a kill option removes a character from the active story, it's that nowadays we have so many companions and other NPCs that we can't possibly involve all of them in the story the whole time. Some of them get their 15 minutes of spotlight and then are written off -- possibly with a kill option. Some are not even getting that 15 minutes. There's just too many of them, and if you're not going to use them much anytime soon, might as well give players options to RP their characters.

Lana has never done anything to make me want to kill her. She has been loyal from day one. She risked her life to save my characters from carbonite while their boyfriend/lover/friend Theron was off doing whatever. He was too busy to want to help save the person he fell in love with before (more lazy, cheap story telling). But Lana has never given me a reason to want her dead.

What game are YOU playing?

Lana is totally untrustworthy from day one and Theron wasn't 'off doing whatever'. He was helping to form the Alliance and get Odesson set up Like I said before, Lana only wanted you free so she could use you as a puppet and figure head. She doesn't do ANYTHING to help find your crew, either, Theron does all that.

That is the problem. They made Theron out to be someone that a player would want to kill because of his actions. It wasn't the "hey I just don't like this guy - he gets on my nerves". No, the story was written in a way that there was no turning back from his actions from a player stand point. I was so disappointed that the writers put this awful mess for us to play through because I knew deep down what the end result would become. We never got to see Theron's undercover work through his perspective. We only saw him being hateful to our character. I know this is just a game, but in real life there would be no friggin way anyone would forgive him for his actions. For a guy that says we should court martial Aric Jorgan (or punish Kaliyo or Aric), was happy if we either killed or imprisoned Saresh to not expect the same treatment is pathetic.

But of course, I didn't kill him (with exception to my Sith Assassin, but that's it. And that was on accident :(). I really like Theron but the writers messed up his character with this story. Now he's just going to be a silent statue for my characters thanks to that story.

I agree with this. There was no way that storyline was going to end well for Theron unless there was a clone or a mind control or conditioning scenario, both of which would have been better, IMHO. But after Theron starts a war on Iokath, fries my PC on a train, shoots my advisor and gets both of us in a trainwreck, and leaves a string of dead bodies through Umbara and Copero, it doesn't matter what his intentions were.

Even Theron admits he was reckless, stupid and almost cost the Alliance everything.

I have not killed him because that scene is brutal, but most of my characters ask him to leave because there is no way they would ever trust him again, and because I just hate everything about him. Even the ones that asked him to stay will never trust him with anything serious.

What game are YOU playing?

Lana is totally untrustworthy from day one and Theron wasn't 'off doing whatever'. He was helping to form the Alliance and get Odesson set up Like I said before, Lana only wanted you free so she could use you as a puppet and figure head. She doesn't do ANYTHING to help find your crew, either, Theron does all that.

I am playing the same game you are and I would appreciate it if you would respect other people opinions instead of verbally attacking them. I find your comments toward me to be rather rude. You feel Lana is untrustworthy and I completely disagree with you and your reasons for wanting to kill her. Theron helping to find my crew?? That's why my force users were without their companions. He did nothing to find Iresso, Doc, Kira, Scourge, Ashara, Andronkikas - shall I go on? And helping Odesson when the writers could have had it where he rescues republic characters. All I said was that it was lazy writing.

Edited by Swingkittie

Theron helping to find my crew?? That's why my force users were without their companions. He did nothing to find Iresso, Doc, Kira, Scourge, Ashara, Andronkikas - shall I go on? And helping Odesson when the writers could have had it where he rescues republic characters. All I said was that it was lazy writing.

Yeah, almost all of the Alliance Alerts come from the specialists. And they don't even realize it if those people know you, so it's not like they specifically tracked down your companions. There are a few, like Guss, Broonmark, Skadge and Xalek, where you don't even know what is going on or the name of the person you're looking for when you're sent out. On the missions at the end of KOTFE, nobody even knows that Torian is with the Mandos' camp or Vette is with Gault. So it's not like anyone there was great about finding your crew.

Yeah, almost all of the Alliance Alerts come from the specialists. And they don't even realize it if those people know you, so it's not like they specifically tracked down your companions. There are a few, like Guss, Broonmark, Skadge and Xalek, where you don't even know what is going on or the name of the person you're looking for when you're sent out. On the missions at the end of KOTFE, nobody even knows that Torian is with the Mandos' camp or Vette is with Gault. So it's not like anyone there was great about finding your crew.

And with Kaliyo all Theron knew was her name Firebrand. He had no idea her relationship to the agent. The Trooper one always bugged me because he would have known Havoc Squad and could have mentioned she would be running into her husband, but he said nothing about it and neither did she for that matter. Lana had T-7 and Scorpio was found before meeting up on Odesson. I did more companion finding through the alliance specialists like you mentioned.

Theron was also busy off doing things to save you. We just don't know the details. He's a spy who typically works undercover, so logically a lot of the info the team gained came from him doing his undercover thing. And doing undercover things in enemy territory is also risking his life. Not knowing the details of what someone was doing is not the same as them not doing them.

Theron was also busy off doing things to save you. We just don't know the details. He's a spy who typically works undercover, so logically a lot of the info the team gained came from him doing his undercover thing. And doing undercover things in enemy territory is also risking his life. Not knowing the details of what someone was doing is not the same as them not doing them.

This ^^ absolutely. Theron was always risking his life way more than Lana. Theron went undercover to help us to be freed from Zakuul and he did the tough job of risking his cherished relationship by going off to get yet more information to protect his Outlander. He truly did have everything to lose and yet he did it anyway for the greater good of the alliance and to save his love from an unknown enemy. I don't think Theron gets enough credit for putting himself on the line to help the Alliance and Outlander.

And with Kaliyo all Theron knew was her name Firebrand. He had no idea her relationship to the agent. The Trooper one always bugged me because he would have known Havoc Squad and could have mentioned she would be running into her husband, but he said nothing about it and neither did she for that matter. Lana had T-7 and Scorpio was found before meeting up on Odesson. I did more companion finding through the alliance specialists like you mentioned.

You know, I don't think all this stuff deserves to be heaped on Theron. What it should be heaped on is the lazy writing and hiring of temps to come in and do work with characters they knew little about. Seriously watching a youtube video about a comp misses all of the nuances gathered during the vanilla phase of the game. A writer that doesn't know the history of the game can't possibly know to write in the depths of relationships and what they encountered together. Who knows who and why or what. The Outlander if a Jedi should've known Kaliyo too, they met when Doc went to help Nemro. So many missed opportunities cause of laziness and ignorance.