'fan-favourite characters'

Paulsutherland

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the fall roadmap. What fan favourite characters do you think / hope return in 5.10?

Satele?

Kephess?

Jaxo?

Don?

Clone/Ghost Marr?

Clone/Ghost Vaylin?

Clone/Ghost Revan?

Darth Jadus?

HK-47?

Thana?

Satele, Ghost Marr, Ghost Revan and Jadus on your list are possibilities.

So is Vowrawn, if this Galena Rans is the former Supreme Commander Rans? then so is he, Moff Pyron is another as his silencer fleet literally went silent, General Hesker, Jonas Balker, Admiral Numinn..

Of course you can expect others to show up, Lana, Gault, T7-01 as they survived through FE and ET as main characters. support characters like Hylo, Ogorubb, Admiral Aygo and maybe Sana-rae also survived throughout.

I don't expect Acina or Malcom to show up, but if they did it would be to put their stories to bed for good so things can move on to Vowrawn and Rans and make the storyline less fluid and more set in stone.

Also one last character who appeared through SoR: Jakarro and his droid, they could also return and play a part still.

Based on how the Devs describe them, my bet is that these "fan favorites" are NPCs that we haven't been around in a while, and are also NOT former companions.

I think two safe bets are Satele Shan and Darth Vowrawn. Satele seems like she'll be integrating back into the Republic as one of its primary leaders and missions givers. That much was made clear by the message she sends to Republic characters after Nathema. As for Vowrawn, he'll likely take a similar role as an Imperial mission giver. Either he's the Emperor himself, or he's one of Acina's advisers. In both cases, he's a high-ranking Imperial that makes him ideal as a mission giver for the Empire-supporting players.

As far as other potential characters go, then yes, we can probably forget any that might be dead. In that sense, the writers did definitely eliminate a lot of characters in Nathema. Ravage, Mortis, Garza, Watcher 2, and several others. So don't expect them to return.

Otherwise, I would expect to see other NPCs originally from class stories that might now be reintroduced for this new story. Given the Republic v Empire theme, we could probably put in a few good guesses. Jonas Balkar seems possible as an SIS agent. One or a few of the Intelligence personnel from the Imperial Agent storyline could show up. Maybe Moff Pyron shows up (maybe having become a Grand Moff? Or, fate willing, the Empire's Minister of War). Perhaps one of the Rift Alliance members will show up in support of the Republic? There are a lot of options.

There are also story-relevant NPCs that have shown up in stories beyond the original eight class stories. I wouldn't be surprised the Supreme Commander Rans (from the Ilum Republic story) came out of retirement to support his faction. Or if Lord Krovos re-emerges, since having her brief tenure as fan-favorite during the release of Kuat Drive Yards. Speaking of Kuat, we might also see one or all of the default GSF crew members. Frankly, I was surprised they didn't show up in an GSF-themed Alliance Alert back in KOTFE, like Pierce and M1-4X did for Warzones.

Edited by Kataret

Oooh yes. This. Great idea.

I'm wondering who the heck they're talking about. I don't recall running into anyone with that name in game ... or in KotOR 1. I admit, I haven't played KotOR 2 for any appreciable amount of time *hides*. Is it someone from the 2nd game?

I'm wondering who the heck they're talking about. I don't recall running into anyone with that name in game ... or in KotOR 1. I admit, I haven't played KotOR 2 for any appreciable amount of time *hides*. Is it someone from the 2nd game?

She's one of the main characters in the novel with Darth Malgus on its cover.

She was the former Padawan of Master Ven Zallow (the Jedi who is killed by Malgus during the Sacking of Coruscant in one of the game's trailers) and wanted to avenge her master's death. I have not finished the book yet though.

I'm fairly certain the return of fan favorite characters was probably a reference to companions that are slated to come back. It will probably be DS Jaesa, Kira, and Scourge. Maybe Nadia as well, though she is perhaps less likely than the other three. Jaesa, Kira, and Scourge have all been mentioned as companions that are slated to return at some point soon.

One interesting way to do it would be to have DS Jaesa and Scourge on the empire path, Kira and Nadia on the republic path.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

One interesting way to do it would be to have DS Jaesa and Scourge on the empire path, Kira and Nadia on the republic path.

I'll be really disappointed if they 're going this way.

While i don't care if i never get DS Jaesa back, i want Scourge back since he's my favourite of the JK's companions, and i clearly don't want Nadia as a replacement for him.

I'll be really disappointed if they 're going this way.

While i don't care if i never get DS Jaesa back, i want Scourge back since he's my favourite of the JK's companions, and i clearly don't want Nadia as a replacement for him.

Scourge is one of my favorite characters as well, and my canon Outlander is a LS Jedi Knight who sided with the Republic.The thing is...does it make sense for Scourge to continue supporting a Republic loyalist? Maybe it will, depending on how they write him back into the story.

But if we just go by the class story version of Scourge, it really doesn't. He wasn't aiding the Jedi Knight out of any sense of personal loyalty or devotion to either the Republic or the Jedi. He aids the Jedi Knight because he is driven by vengeance and wants the Emperor dead, and wishes to replace him as Sith emperor. He also had a vision that the Jedi Knight would be the one to make these things happen. With the Emperor now dead there is less reason for him to stick around with a Republic aligned Knight.

Whatever happened to that Mirialan Jedi from one of the Empire class stories? I can't remember which class story he appeared in now or his fate, but you had to cooperate with him (if temporarily) for whatever mission you were on. At least that is how I think it went down. It has been years since I've played through that.

In any case I thought he was fairly memorable for a minor character and his dialogue was a bit funny. Assuming he wasn't a character that could be killed off (like Thana), it would be fun to see him return in an expanded role.

Whatever happened to that Mirialan Jedi from one of the Empire class stories? I can't remember which class story he appeared in now or his fate, but you had to cooperate with him (if temporarily) for whatever mission you were on. At least that is how I think it went down. It has been years since I've played through that.

In any case I thought he was fairly memorable for a minor character and his dialogue was a bit funny. Assuming he wasn't a character that could be killed off (like Thana), it would be fun to see him return in an expanded role.

I think he's from the warrior's story when you're on Belsavis. You team up to track down Darth Bara's sister. There is an option to kill him.

Throw him on the CM? Or make him an unlock if you keep him alive? :D

He couldn't have been too memorable. Generic green Jedi #4371.

Scourge is one of my favorite characters as well, and my canon Outlander is a LS Jedi Knight who sided with the Republic.The thing is...does it make sense for Scourge to continue supporting a Republic loyalist? Maybe it will, depending on how they write him back into the story.

But if we just go by the class story version of Scourge, it really doesn't. He wasn't aiding the Jedi Knight out of any sense of personal loyalty or devotion to either the Republic or the Jedi. He aids the Jedi Knight because he is driven by vengeance and wants the Emperor dead, and wishes to replace him as Sith emperor. He also had a vision that the Jedi Knight would be the one to make these things happen. With the Emperor now dead there is less reason for him to stick around with a Republic aligned Knight.

I wouldn't say that Scourge is driven by vengeance or a desire to take the throne. He knows about Vitiate's rituals to preserve his immortality and doesn't seem to want that to happen again. It's mentioned in one of the Codex entries that a number of other Sith lords tried to stop Vitiate hundreds of years prior, for the same reason, and failed.

Having said that I do agree with rest of your post. Scourge has no love for the Jedi, no desire to become one, and no desire to support the Republic. He's there specifically to help the Knight because they have a role to fill in killing Vitiate.

Now that Valkorion is once and truly dead, that goal has been reached and the Jedi Knight is off on Odessen or whatever, Scourge really doesn't have a reason to stick around in the Republic. When he returns, I'd be very surprised if it isn't revealed that he's gone off on his own somewhere outside Republic space.

He was memorable enough. I just haven't played through the scene with him in it three or four years, so I can't recall his name or which class story he appeared in.

I think you're all talking about Master Timmns. He's in the Sith Warrior story on Belsavis. He does have a kill option so he probably can't be brought back.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Somminick_Timmns

I think you're all talking about Master Timmns. He's in the Sith Warrior story on Belsavis. He does have a kill option so he probably can't be brought back.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Somminick_Timmns

That was exactly who I was thinking of. Also it looks like Paulsutherland had said that as well, I just missed his post. Apologies for that!

In any case Timmns potentially be dead rules him out as a returning character. Like Thana Vesh, he's now on the list of NPCs I wish Bioware had kept around for more than one scene or planet. (even if just to kill at a later date)