No ops in group finder....

Esron

Hey folks,

The team is aware of Ops missing from Activity Finder and we are looking into a fix. If we can get in a fix this week it will take a couple of days. I am confirming with the team but that may mean we will move tomorrow's maintenance back a day or two to address the issue.

I will pass on more info as I have it.

-eric

Don't forget the Master Mode Uprisings either! :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so.. im guessing alot of you has noticed by now that the ops is not listed in group finder any longer.

so.. i wonder how long EA will make us wait before they fix it, my guess is a year or so.

so.. EA what will you do to compensate us from your ongoing stupidity this time ?

"Ongoing stupidity?" Really? You somehow typed that and felt it was a good idea to click submit?

Lol! I sure have more fun quing regs than SM ops.

Honestly I wish they'd put hardmode ops in group finder too for the extra reward. Maybe it's a suicidal wish but SM ops are so easy I don't like doing them anymore because they're such a faceroll... Putting HMs in would liven up my guild especially, where we're largely nim raiders but still do GF ops (or just last bosses) just because the cxp and conquest rewards are better...

/cjoin allies

I believe the devs present work and incoming patch contradicts your fixing of my actual statement! It seems we have PVP changes coming soon™. :D

The most popular MMO on the planet focuses on PVP, so naturally other MMOs follow suit.

No they freaking don't. They only thing Blizzard cares about anymore is mythic+. They don't balance anything around raids or pvp anymore. Only M+.

Edited by Stncold

Oh this thread is sooo funny! I didn't even know there was an issue that "needed" fixed until I came here when the servers went down to see why.

Yeeeaaah… Ops are the most boring part of this game... just barely ahead of PvP, LoL!

Haven't done even one since I returned to the game months ago and am enjoying the game much much more than when I was a raid baron years ago.

Oh this thread is sooo funny! I didn't even know there was an issue that "needed" fixed until I came here when the servers went down to see why.

Yeeeaaah… Ops are the most boring part of this game... just barely ahead of PvP, LoL!

Haven't done even one since I returned to the game months ago and am enjoying the game much much more than when I was a raid baron years ago.

Good for you, but running OPs is a very important part of the game, and actually, at this point, it's what keeps many guilds and players still in the game. After people that have played the game for years have completed all story content, there's not much left to do, and challenging yourself to do them is the most fun you can get.

So yes, there was an issue that absolutely needed fixing. I personally know 2 people that just got tired of things not working in the game and quit it. They were thinking about it for some time because of lack of new content, and now they did it. Trust me, they are not the only ones.

If you are happy, then I am happy. I love ops, but since you dont like them, i will stop running them too, because your opinion is all that matters around here. Can we vote you in as dev?

Even though I’m not an ops player. I still find your post offensive.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

...but since you dont like them, i will stop running them too, because your opinion is all that matters around here.

Don't see anything in my post that stated or implied that you or anyone stop running ops or that my opinion was all that mattered here. All I did was laugh pretty hard at the situation and the resulting meltdown because I found it funny that this "broken" thing wasn't even noticeable to me. And I still do find it pretty humorous... the only thing that I found the least bit annoying was the servers shutting down just after I got home from work.

Edited by ladyalchemist

Don't see anything in my post that stated or implied that you or anyone stop running ops or that my opinion was all that mattered here. All I did was laugh pretty hard at the situation and the resulting meltdown because I found it funny that this "broken" thing wasn't even noticeable to me. And I still do find it pretty humorous... the only thing that I found the least bit annoying was the servers shutting down just after I got home from work.

You have a weird sense of humor.

Meltdown? Lol you clearly are new here.

A thread (or two) is not a meltdown here. Heck that doesn't even get classified as a semi meltdown.

Not sure why you would find a part of the game broke funny though.

You also either A. don't play that often so you wouldn't notice that type stuff broken. or B. You don't pay attention the fact that it states the servers will be shutting down for maintenance. Since LAST FRIDAY! lol

What do you do that's so much better? I do Ops every day I play because I enjoy the group play part of an MMO.

TUX, bro, i remember you in SWG being the BMOC of Commando's, where are you when we need you in Pvp. I remember i almost almost got you in SWG. Once, lol. Almost heheh:p

A thread (or two) is not a meltdown here. Heck that doesn't even get classified as a semi meltdown.

You also either A. don't play that often so you wouldn't notice that type stuff broken. or B. You don't pay attention the fact that it states the servers will be shutting down for maintenance. Since LAST FRIDAY! lol

Or.... if a player cannot complete a certain type of content because they're just not good enough, then they are happy that it's broken for others, because that means they can't complete it either, for the time being.

Nope, not new. I took about a year and a half or so break when I was working on my Masters, but other than that I was subbed since 3 months from launch. We'll call it a mini meltdown, because, yes I've seen worse. It's STILL hilarious.

A.) I log in every. single. day. No exaggeration - both when I wake up before work over coffee and to wind down when I come home from work. My job has me working hours away from home so this is how I relax.

B.) I DID note that the servers would be down on TUESDAY, not Thursday, lol. I found that unusual so I came looking.

There is a common expression about making assumptions.

I did not say you implied anything or suggested anything. I simply chose for myself to determine that your opinion is all that matters and that ops should not ever be run. Your post just nudged me in that direction enough to make my own choice. Id like to see the game through your experience. Hell, lets call it a psychosocial experiment.

Edited by olagatonjedi

Or.... if a player cannot complete a certain type of content because they're just not good enough, then they are happy that it's broken for others, because that means they can't complete it either, for the time being.

Never stated or implied that I was happy that the content was broken for others, nor did I state or imply that I did not do Ops because it involved content that was too hard for me to do. In fact, I stated the exact opposite; that I used to be a raid baron - raiding was a major part of my play style. I used to raid so often - here and in other games - that I got burnt out on it and it certainly wasn't fun anymore.

There ARE other perfectly viable reasons that people avoid Ops like the plague they are that have nothing whatsoever to do with ability or lack thereof.

I LoL'd for the 2 reasons which I stated: A) Regularly scheduled maintenance was delayed for two days to fix, what seemed to me, to be a pretty minor issue and, 2) coming here to see what as up and seeing the QQ.

But I've been gaming since the mid 70's, online gaming since the mid 90's, and started raiding about 2001 (DAoC). I can certainly understand how newer gamers incorporate that as a major part of their play style… been there, done that.

I did not say you implied anything or suggested anything. I simply chose for myself to determine that your opinion is all that matters and that ops should not ever be run. Your post just nudged me in that direction enough to make my own choice. Id like to see the game through your experience. Hell, lets call it a psychosocial experiment.

I DO like your dry sarcasm, lol. That's actually a breath of fresh air.

I do PVP, the best and most important part of the game ofc. You know that, Tux, sheesh. :o

Another Pvper with no real brain. The pvp crowd does not carry this game its the Pve that is keeping this game alive. I enjoy pvp but if it wasn't for the Pve and the story this game would have died because frankly the pvp part has caused alot of issues for raids and in the game in the past years. Also the biggest servers are always the Roleplay servers and the servers that died where the pvp servers, so if pvp was such such a huge factor your servers would not have died first. Pvp is just a side quest in this game.

Edited by Fallensouls

• 2 months later...

PvP is far more popular than you think...FAR MORE!

Only way i see that being true is that even if your group sucks in PvP you get a small consolation prize of valor and mission progress, if your team sucks in ops you're just stuck with a dead fish. I'd still rather do co-op play which is slightly less toxic than training to get into PvP ranked

Edited by MagicTerror

Only way i see that being true is that even if your group sucks in PvP you get a small consolation prize of valor and mission progress, if your team sucks in ops you're just stuck with a dead fish. I'd still rather do co-op play which is slightly less toxic than training to get into PvP ranked

And why did you bring back this thread, pertaining to Ops GF being broken, to comment on a post by Tux pertaining to PvP?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Wait til your guild explodes due to raid drama. Carry this,scrubs that, you're a failure in life because you're undergeared, etc. Organized PvE is far more toxic than anything I've ever experienced in PVP and I've been doing this for over a decade.

Edited by kodrac