Looking for Signatures: Allow Speedy to be brought Back to Life

Zurashad

We the undersigns ask that there be away to bring Speedy back to life, so that he can once again roam free along the beach with out being eaten.

We the undersigns ask for a title for being a "Good Samaritan" for doing this. :cool:

Hint and suggestion to Dev team: The Good Samaritan :)

• Like 1

Choices have consequences. Let the dead stay dead!!!

True, the priest and the Levite felt the same way of the man who was rob and left to die. "Well let me go on the other side"

Yet for a MMORPG system would you not have to agree that there may be people that play both sides of the game as a Jedi that would be consider a good Samaritan as well as a person that plays as a Sith and that toon is a Horrible person?

Given that killing Speedy requires quite a bit of effort, I feel like you know what you're doing when you get him killed off. Choices have consequences.

If they want to add another quest to do something to atone and replace Speedy in the future fine, but I can't endorse just bringing him back.

And there is a juvenile turtle pet you can buy if you want another little guy roaming the beach.

Given that killing Speedy requires quite a bit of effort, I feel like you know what you're doing when you get him killed off. Choices have consequences.

If they want to add another quest to do something to atone and replace Speedy in the future fine, but I can't endorse just bringing him back.

And there is a juvenile turtle pet you can buy if you want another little guy roaming the beach.

^^ I agree with IoNonSoEVero.

I concur. Being a "Horrible Person" has consequences. No speedy resurrection terminal for you :p Should have done the "achievement on another server than transfer" option if you wanted to have your cake and eat it!

Also agreed. If you wanted a legacy title so badly that you were willing to sacrifice the life of Rishi's adorable stronghold mascot to get it, you don't deserve to have him back! Speedy was too pure and good for your sinful legacy! *sniffles*

If you bring Speedy back Scritchy will just eat him again. If you kill Scritchy to bring Speedy back they should give you a permanent title you can't turn off. Something like "Pet Killer, Player's Name" that you have to live with forever.

Causing a creature to die for your own gain and then bringing it back to life because you'd like to have kept the creature around is in no way 'Good Samaritan'. It is called wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

I could use some chocolate cake, now that I think about it.

Also agreed. If you wanted a legacy title so badly that you were willing to sacrifice the life of Rishi's adorable stronghold mascot to get it, you don't deserve to have him back! Speedy was too pure and good for your sinful legacy! *sniffles*

You still get the title and only lose him on one toon in your legacy. The rest still have speedy. So no biggie killing him on some alt you never use, if it has the Lokin cheevo.

Edited by -Highsteel-

I think, as many have said, that this is nonsense. If you want Speedy alive in your stronghold, don't kill him. It's really that simple. If you want the title, kill him on an alt you don't care about, or whatever "work around" you prefer... but do not ask the already stressed out developers to spend their time appeasing your desire to never sacrifice anything ever to get the things you want.

They have their hands full right now figuring out why the game is nearly unplayable with lag and disconnects after 5.9.2.

Edited by PennyAnn

It's totally premeditated murder.

Also don't reincarnate the dead. Give an achievement to the turtle lovers that kept him alive. Decency should be rewarded, not punished. A nice title and an allotment of CC would be a great prize.

Edited by Lunafox

Also don't reincarnate the dead.

Spoken like a old school zombie hunter. :D

Also don't reincarnate the dead. Give an achievement to the turtle lovers that kept him alive. Decency should be rewarded, not punished. A nice title and an allotment of CC would be a great prize.

^^ I very much agree with this.

Silly devs....... if you put an achievement in game... people are going to go after it... which is how Speedy ends up taking a dirt nap.

I have an unguilded level 70 "trash" toon that takes on all the negative choices I don't like, turning down alliance companions, etc. for the sake of achievements. If I ever get motivated to kill Speedy, it'll be with her.

Having a sacrificial toon to make all our bad decisions might be a way around people's angst.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I have an unguilded level 70 "trash" toon that takes on all the negative choices I don't like, turning down alliance companions, etc. for the sake of achievements. If I ever get motivated to kill Speedy, it'll be with her.

Having a sacrificial toon to make all our bad decisions might be a way around people's angst.

Do you know if anyone who has killed him has confirmed that he's dead only on the character that killed him and not on their others?