The Status of SWTOR on Twitch

Manjaca

Im not one for doing the multi quoting but I think some people missed the point to my last comment.

Its about a COMMUNITY MANAGER playing the game and giving INFO out at the same time for 1 HOUR a week.

I can tell you it works with LOTRO and the community manager there knows nothing about the game as hes a DDO player, so he learns the game, has info for all the community and has fun at the same time

Remember people have different reason to watch twitch etc - some will join a channel to learn, some will want info, some are regular people to a persons stream.. Only last night I had a random bod come in to my own stream and ask if it was worth playing the game as a F2P player

So its about having some rep be there to support and give info out and yet CHILL OUT for an hour with the SWTOR community

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to think even with the small numbers of Steamers it is actually acting as a good thing.

Just because there isn't like 20k viewers does not mean that its not working in the games interest - In my channel alone in the past week I think I have had up to about 20 people either say they are going to Return to the game or have downloaded the game and wanted to start playing it as never have.

Yes I think it takes a bit more of a dedicated player to want to play it but then its also down to the streamer to try and make it so they influence a viewer into playing the game

Edited by Stephrebecca

Well I can name 2 more not on twitch nor care to be. My boyfriend and I.

+1 more.

I log in and play every single day.

Never been on Twitch and never plan to be. Don't know anything about it, don't WANT to know anything about it, and don't want to waste my time trying to figure it out.

I got better things to do with my time.

+1 more.

I log in and play every single day.

Never been on Twitch and never plan to be. Don't know anything about it, don't WANT to know anything about it, and don't want to waste my time trying to figure it out.

I got better things to do with my time.

Sorry, but what have subjective/personal decisions to do with anything, in this case especially statistics!? I tell you what, absolutely nothing and these kind of comments couldn't be more irrelevant and senseless.

Edited by Khaleg

Sorry, but what have subjective/personal decisions to do with anything, in this case especially statistics!? I tell you what, absolutely nothing and these kind of comments couldn't be more irrelevant and senseless.

<shrug> you are as entitled to an opinion as I am to one - though they be different... and differing opinions do not equal valid statistics. The point that you missed is that there are many SWTOR players who don't wish to have anything to do with watching other people play a game. I, for one, would rather watch paint dry or water boil. That point has been made a few different ways here - I just added my voice to the mix. Therefore it IS relevant to the topic and points that were made here... one of which I quoted. No one I know ingame - guild or through other means - has anything to do with Twitch.

The stats that you mention - in comparison to other games - are an apples to oranges comparison. The games might be "fruit" but they aren't the same fruit - the player composition is much different. I'm not saying there isn't some overlap, however... but the base sets are very different. You do not have enough data to base a valid statistical argument on.

...but you DO have enough to form an opinion based on incomplete data. And, if you know anything about statistics, you know that incomplete data often leads to erroneous assumptions.

Edited by ladyalchemist

<shrug> you are as entitled to an opinion as I am to one - though they be different... and differing opinions do not equal valid statistics. The point that you missed is that there are many SWTOR players who don't wish to have anything to do with watching other people play a game. I, for one, would rather watch paint dry or water boil. That point has been made a few different ways here - I just added my voice to the mix. Therefore it IS relevant to the topic and points that were made here... one of which I quoted. No one I know ingame - guild or through other means - has anything to do with Twitch.

The stats that you mention - in comparison to other games - are an apples to oranges comparison. The games might be "fruit" but they aren't the same fruit - the player composition is much different. I'm not saying there isn't some overlap, however... but the base sets are very different. You do not have enough data to base a valid statistical argument on.

...but you DO have enough to form an opinion based on incomplete data. And, if you know anything about statistics, you know that incomplete data often leads to erroneous assumptions.

...You should have just left him be, because this comment made no sense.

Your first comment was statement, not an opinion. When you say "Never been on Twitch and never plan to be. Don't know anything about it, don't WANT to know anything about it, and don't want to waste my time trying to figure it out.", that is a statement, there is no opinions there :p

And please don't speak of statistics if you don't know how they work on twitch or claim there haven't been any analytics offered, there has. And you can find plenty with a google search for sites that were made to follow twitch stats, comparable with other games... If you only read the first page of the the conversation, then i don't blame you for not knowing there was more than one post of data here.

I wouldnt necessarily say so. The thing with the people leaving is that a good portion of the comes back. This means some new people come and some old folks comeback which in the end even increases the population at times! Yes you can definitely see some parts of the community totally leave, like raiders etc. but the good thing about the game is that it is still not outdated with graphics and play style so it still has potential to attract people.

There is truth to this. I came back to the game for a couple of reasons - the biggest is that I could not find a game that was as good as this one anywhere else out there. That includes the garbage heap that is WoW, which I played for 6 years from vanilla... and then left because some stupid dev thought that pandas were a good idea for a character race. I found myself comparing each new try to this game and found it coming up short... so I came back and stayed. I am glad I did... and I brought a couple people with me.

...You should have just left him be, because this comment made no sense.

Your first comment was statement, not an opinion. When you say "Never been on Twitch and never plan to be. Don't know anything about it, don't WANT to know anything about it, and don't want to waste my time trying to figure it out.", that is a statement, there is no opinions there :p

And please don't speak of statistics if you don't know how they work on twitch or claim there haven't been any analytics offered, there has. And you can find plenty with a google search for sites that were made to follow twitch stats, comparable with other games... If you only read the first page of the the conversation, then i don't blame you for not knowing there was more than one post of data here.

My comment was a stated opinion - see what I did there? I don't know about Twitch, nor want to know about it, other than I know enough about it now (from reading through this thread) not to trust it as a sole indicator for analytics. Statistics is something that I DO know something about, I had to study it and then use them enough in research to finish two masters degrees. To do that I had to write over 100 research papers which both made use of existing statistics as well as compiled and then analyzed them.

I HAVE read past the first page in this thread and am finding the discussion fascinating. I especially found the opposing analysis of the same data interesting. The fact is what I stated in my above post... there isn't enough relevant data - solely with Twitch demographics - to make a valid statistical argument.

e.g. There are too many unaccounted for variables to make a legitimate comparison... and that is where this Twitch argument falls flat.

My comment was a stated opinion - see what I did there? I don't know about Twitch, nor want to know about it, other than I know enough about it now (from reading through this thread) not to trust it as a sole indicator for analytics. Statistics is something that I DO know something about, I had to study it and then use them enough in research to finish two masters degrees. To do that I had to write over 100 research papers which both made use of existing statistics as well as compiled and then analyzed them.

I HAVE read past the first page in this thread and am finding the discussion fascinating. I especially found the opposing analysis of the same data interesting. The fact is what I stated in my above post... there isn't enough relevant data - solely with Twitch demographics - to make a valid statistical argument.

e.g. There are too many unaccounted for variables to make a legitimate comparison... and that is where this Twitch argument falls flat.

Haha, no I don't see what you did there because opinion and statement are two different things. Even the dictionary don't have a definition for "stated opinion". Yes I checked. You probably meant opinionated statement.

Data displayed has been on par and comparable to other games. The only math you need to do in your head is reverting given numbers to reflect realistic player-base size of any given streamed game and go from there.

None of this gives you an accurate assessment of any game's health, but it will most definitely give you a guiding idea.

Edited by Kiesu

Haha, no I don't see what you did there because opinion and statement are two different things. Even the dictionary don't have a definition for "stated opinion". Yes I checked. You probably meant opinionated statement.

Data displayed has been on par and comparable to other games. The only math you need to do in your head is reverting given numbers to reflect realistic player-base size of any given streamed game and go from there.

None of this gives you an accurate assessment of any game's health, but it will most definitely give you a guiding idea.

Nope. I clearly meant that I stated my opinion. Which exactly describes what I did. Don't assume what I meant... and don't rephrase what you THINK I meant, lol. I finally made it through this entire thread. I read every post, every opinion. None of it changed my opinion, nor the context or content of what I stated above.

I remain unimpressed by Twitch as a social medium, content medium, or population indicator. As I stated above, there are clearly too many unaccounted for variables to make any kind of valid statistical argument in comparison to other games. Some/many of those variables have absolutely no comparative correlation whatsoever... which lends credence to SWTOR being a "fruit", but clearly a different kind of "fruit" (apples vs. oranges in other words).

Would I agree that the game population has experienced a decline? Certainly. I think that is obvious and I would agree with some of the arguments in this thread as to why that might be so. But those are also opinions... educated guesses, which I think have some merit. I also see new and/or returning players posting in general chat on a daily basis. That is every. single. day.

Now... do I see Twitch as a sole indicator as to the health of this - or any other - game? Absolutely not. Not even close.

Nope. I clearly meant that I stated my opinion. Which exactly describes what I did. Don't assume what I meant... and don't rephrase what you THINK I meant, lol. I finally made it through this entire thread. I read every post, every opinion. None of it changed my opinion, nor the context or content of what I stated above.

Sigh. Opinion is not factual, it's an opinion. So is your opinion about your own behavior; about you not being interested in twitch and that you're not there an opinion or a fact? Statement can be either. Fact can only be one. You can have opinion on something that is fact, but opinions on them own are not factual.

"I think I'm not X" is opinion. "I am not X" is statement. You can say "I am human" and insist it's your opinion all you want, but it is a statement in that form. I'm not sure why why we are arguing about English language here.

I remain unimpressed by Twitch as a social medium, content medium, or population indicator. As I stated above, there are clearly too many unaccounted for variables to make any kind of valid statistical argument in comparison to other games. Some/many of those variables have absolutely no comparative correlation whatsoever... which lends credence to SWTOR being a "fruit", but clearly a different kind of "fruit" (apples vs. oranges in other words).

You can argue that apples and oranges are different sure. And we can argue we know if apples are being eaten more than oranges with the stats provided.

Would I agree that the game population has experienced a decline? Certainly. I think that is obvious and I would agree with some of the arguments in this thread as to why that might be so. But those are also opinions... educated guesses, which I think have some merit. I also see new and/or returning players posting in general chat on a daily basis. That is every. single. day.

Damn I wish all those masses of returning players on forums would show up in server population too..! :D

Now... do I see Twitch as a sole indicator as to the health of this - or any other - game? Absolutely not. Not even close.

Mmm nobody was claiming that. It was just another medium where decline has been noted.

This thread was hot when people were trying to figure out how to tell how many people there are on servers currently, Trixxie thought up a good and better way of counting all people online on a server at any time elsewhere, which after this thread died.

Edited by Kiesu

I would still be streaming on twitch, youtube and smashcast but currently overseas for a couple months.

I used 2 computers to stream but the wife started playing and its a bit much to play and stream operations on the same rig. ive done it but building a 3rd computer to take over the stream duty.

Building a 3rd computer att as well as a dedicated stream computer so the wife and I can stream together.

This computer is on its way too me and I may toss up a stream from time to time.

http://SWTOR.tv of quick links to all 3 stream platforms. I use restream.io since it started to send 1 stream to multiple platforms.

the stream population is larger than you'd think. there are so many platforms to stream too.

Free Discord Channel - Open to Everyone https://discord.gg/GswKBNU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYnJona8ysBm5VVokn84Sg

http://twitch.tv/SWTORtv_

http://smashcast.tv/SWTORtv

https://patreon.com/SWTORtv https://streamjar.tv/tip/

SWTOR.tv Referrals

https://www.xsplit.com/?ref=therapy.needed

https://restream.io/?ref=jA65

i don't beg nor bribe for subscribers/followers. i dont do give-a-ways for followers/subscribers

its PVP usually solo-Q but at times will group up with friends for regs. rarely do ranked unless requested

PvE is usually Veteran Operations with guild on Friday and Saturday nights 6PM PST and other ops throughout the week pugged, will do story with the wife and some MM FPs when not in the PvP mood.

basically just straight up game-play with some discussion of the game and current topics. i don't get all crazy and such for subs, doesn't interest me. my audience is more mature than the millennial generation. i have a life and my friends play/stream to relax. i can also be found helping the community with builds and rotations.

im not the crap YT channel that just rehashes the same tired complaint videos and quick credit nonsense videos. i own the website and other swtor.tv channels on different platforms. Over 530 videos on 1 YT channel not listed here for swtor. current one has 158. I ran the shadowlands, harbinger, and satele shan discord channels before it was a thing.

System Specs:

Gaming Machine: Cooler Master ELITE 130 ITX (Currently in an ELITE 110 case)

i7-4770K

Asus MAXIMUS VI IMPACT (Bios 1603)

Kingston HyperBeast 16GB @ 2400

ZOTAC GTX 1080ti Mini (398.82 Driver)

MyDigitalSSD SB2 M.2 NGFF 512 GB (OS and Game)

Samsung 850 Pro 120GB

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Build 17134.228 Latest Updates/Drivers as of upload date.

Acer CB281HK 28" 4k Monitor (TN Panel)

150/150 FIOS Connection

Build/Mods: https://www.overclock.net/forum/50-small-form-factor-systems/1438824-itx-build-replace-fx-60-gaming-workhorse.html

Capture Machine: Cooler Master ELITE 110 ITX (Original case)

i7-4770K

Asus MAXIMUS VI IMPACT (Bios 1603)

Kingston HyperBeast 16GB @ 2400

ZOTAC GTX 1080ti Mini (398.82 Driver)

MyDigitalSSD SB2 M.2 NGFF 512 GB (OS and Game)

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

WD Green 3TB 5400

RAZER RipSaw capture card

150/150 FIOS Connection

Build/Mods: https://www.overclock.net/forum/50-small-form-factor-systems/1459773-cooler-master-elite-110-case-build-log.html

Laptop: Lenovo y510p - modified for better cooling and SSD drive (OS and games)

i7-4700MQ (Stock clock)

Samsung Ram DDR3 16 GB @ 1600

Dual Nvidia 755m GPUs in SLI config

MyDigitalSSD M.2 SSD 256 GB (OS and Game)

1TB HDD @ 5400 RPM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit Build 14332 Latest updates and drivers as of upload date.

Build/Mods = https://www.overclock.net/forum/158-laptops-netbooks/1539924-hammerdown-ebayed-2014-lenovo-y510p-sli-gt755m.html

New 4K Stream Box: Thermaltake Core V21 - MATX

Ryzen 5 2400G

ASRock B450M-HDV

G.Skills 32GB @ 3400 MHz

Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (OS and Game)

Toshiba P300 2TB 7200 RPM HDD

AVerMedia GC573 Live Gamer 4K - Capture Card

150/150 FIOS Connection

Build/Mods = https://www.overclock.net/forum/50-small-form-factor-systems/1708778-ryzen-5-2400g-stream-box-build-matx.html

I can stream at 4K even with the RAZER Ripswaw, it will pass 4k LoL

having a FIOS connection helps. that 150 meg up is nice to have.

currently i stream at 1080p @ 60 FPS but i will switch to 4K once this new rig is up and running.

if i use the laptop to stream then it will be 720 @ 30 FPS. that CPU and SLI set-up can struggle at 1080p

I use XSplit Broadcaster. love it and do recommend it. I know OBS is free and is what most use, i like the extra features broadcaster gives me. i do not recall my settings for 720p, 1080p, 1440p and 4k streaming. but once i install xsplit here, ill have those. LoL

I use RAZER Stargazers as cameras, they do a great job removing the background without a green screen. (reviews on amazon are garbage and do not reflect the product. they work great and ive had no issues with them. most issues was due to windows 10 updates not supporting relasense)

I also am picking up a 2nd Elgato Stream Deck. love this thing and have used it since it was released. great for on the fly macros for video clips, changing scenes, audio clips, images on the stream.

keyboards, keypads, and mice are all razer. ive never had a problem with them and the profiles work great.

i use modmics for comms, i dont feel the need to get a yeti at this time. modmic 4 and 5

headphones are sennhieser HD 598, but just got a massdrop HD 6XX for under $200 and will use it. also have a pair of HD 599 for the wife. i use an objetive2 amp/odac for the HD 6XX. but picked up a sennheiser gsx 1200 pro for the 598/599 for the wife.

desk is an amazon special at 6 feet wide and 3 feet deep. enough space for the both of us

2 led lamps for light

crap chairs, no need for $500 racing chairs for an MMO

one of these days ill do a video on my setup. theres a couple of apps i use for the audio input/outputs in windows i use. i dont have it here with me and forgot the name. its a software mixer. works great to adjust levels and inputs for everything connected physically and virtually. also a software mic mute that works perfectly. restream.io also has a chat program that connects to all the stream platforms you've setup to stream too. can chat with all or just 1 stream platform at a time.

i really need to do a video on my setup and config from the desk and hardware to the software settings and profiles. LoL

Edited by Liquor

I dont know much about Twitch, but i can speak for myself when I say that I dont play too often anymore.

In fact, i have resorted to watching SWTOR videos online, to see the differences in some of the storyline options.

I can also tell you why i hardly play anymore.

I have been playing since Launch, I have played the stories and have done grind over grind. Since battlemaster bags.

I have been playing hammer station and huttball over and over again; since 2011.

The worst has been the recent crawling flow of content.

We lost our COMPANIONS on October 27, 2015.

We have been just trickled content and dangled lame reunions, month after month for nearly 3 years.

So now, all my main characters are level 300 command rank, which really doesnt matter with the storymode ops and tactical flashpoints. Unless you are playing hardmode content, your gear is not worth much more as 248 than the 230 stuff from the vendor.

Maybe I am just burnt out or maybe it's that 5.10 was announced like in April and that still not going to be out for another couple of months.

All I know, is things are moving much slower than i can remember.

After years of playing you just want to have fun with your main characters. I love the storylines, but such little bits of content every couple of months is disappointing.

I am not planing on leaving because its starwars, but I cant say I am not Bored as heck these days.

Edited by kirorx

Sigh. Opinion is not factual, it's an opinion. So is your opinion about your own behavior; about you not being interested in twitch and that you're not there an opinion or a fact? Statement can be either. Fact can only be one. You can have opinion on something that is fact, but opinions on them own are not factual.

"I think I'm not X" is opinion. "I am not X" is statement. You can say "I am human" and insist it's your opinion all you want, but it is a statement in that form. I'm not sure why why we are arguing about English language here.

You can argue that apples and oranges are different sure. And we can argue we know if apples are being eaten more than oranges with the stats provided.

Damn I wish all those masses of returning players on forums would show up in server population too..! :D

Mmm nobody was claiming that. It was just another medium where decline has been noted.

This thread was hot when people were trying to figure out how to tell how many people there are on servers currently, Trixxie thought up a good and better way of counting all people online on a server at any time elsewhere, which after this thread died.

Opinion can certainly be based in fact as much as it can be based on pie-in-the-sky. I offered an opinion that was relevant to the conversation and was shared by others here. I'm not sure why you think that opinions can't be formed as statements... they certainly can be and often are. In this case, my statement was obviously an opinion and I never pretended otherwise. I think that I made it pretty obvious that my initial statement was a personal opinion that was shared by others (e.g. the person I quoted and others in this thread).

The example that you provided: ""I think I'm not X" and "I am not X" are two very common ways of sharing an opinion. They are often used interchangeably. Context is important. People often state "I think that I am not X" or "I am not X" and mean exactly the same thing.

You aren't going to get far schooling me on grammar with an online dictionary. One thing that one learns in graduate school is which grammar rules can be broken and when in writing graduate level research papers. And I'm not conceding that any rules were broken here in making this observation. One example of what I mean is that it is against the "rules" we were taught in grade school through HS to begin a sentence with a conjunction such as "and" or "but", but this is certainly permissible in baccalaureate as well as graduate level writing.

You can certainly argue that more apples are being eaten than oranges. That was never in question. What is in question is whether they taste the same or can be evaluated on same level with the same criteria. Some criteria can be shared, like ripeness for instance, but many others cannot such as texture, sweetness, sourness, etc. These characteristics are as subjective as they are measurable. As such, you will have varying degrees of opposing assessments over these criteria. The most accurate you can get is that they are different and different people will prefer one over the other, depending on their individual tastes. Likewise, the populations between MMOs are very different as has been noted here by more than one person. Also, as has been pointed out here, SWTOR has more differences than similarities when compared to other games such as WoW. Those differences are a significant argument against the "Twitch game health indicator" crowd.

Who said anything about "masses" returning to SWTOR? I noted that I see people trying out SWTOR or returning every day. That certainly does not translate to "masses" in any sense of the word. People are returning for the same or similar reasons that I did. I know that from their comments. The point was this would not necessarily be felt on Twitch streaming. There is a limited part of the gaming population who would find streaming a viable medium... and I would argue that as the gaming population physically ages, you will see less of that in the older population. But you also see less of it in younger sections of the population who lead very busy lives or work during prime streaming hours. How big or small those portions of the population are in any given game are a guess. These unaccounted for variables are in addition to the others already noted here consisting of sparse recent content release etc. I do have hope for future content release after reading the Roadmap, however.

Yes, people were making the point that Twitch was a significant - if not sole - indicator of the health of a game. And several people made great arguments against it. I found those arguments more compelling than you folks in the Twitch crowd. Interesting that this part of the dialogue all started when I offered a supporting opinion to the anti-Twitch crowd. I did find the thread interesting enough to read all 24 pages, though. There was some great insight as to the state of the game... though the Twitch data wasn't very compelling by and of itself.

Edited by ladyalchemist

Yes, people were making the point that Twitch was a significant - if not sole - indicator of the health of a game. And several people made great arguments against it. I found those arguments more compelling than you folks in the Twitch crowd. Interesting that this part of the dialogue all started when I offered a supporting opinion to the anti-Twitch crowd. I did find the thread interesting enough to read all 24 pages, though. There was some great insight as to the state of the game... though the Twitch data wasn't very compelling by and of itself.

Out of curiosity, which post(s) did you see that made the argument above — that Twitch was a significant/sole indicator of the health of a game?

People often state "I think that I am not X" or "I am not X" and mean exactly the same thing.

You can certainly pull and insert meanings in between the lines all you want, but grammar rules define pretty clearly how statement and opinion are formatted in a sentence. There is no getting around that. If you still don't agree, let's agree to disagree. Theres plenty of slang languages where grammar is completely incorrectly used anyway.

You can certainly argue that more apples are being eaten than oranges. That was never in question. What is in question is whether they taste the same or can be evaluated on same level with the same criteria.

No that was literally the question. Is swtor being streamed/watched more or less than applepie-online. You can reflect numbers pretty easily into a proper idea of the health of playerbase. If this year alone Swtor has average 100+ people viewing monthly, and ESO has 1000+ people viewing monthly and Wildstar has the average of 10 people viewing monthly, you can without a question tell ESO is probably doing better than swtor and swtor is probably doing better than Wildstar (and sure enough, Wildstar closed it doors last month. Twitch stats definitely had no relation to player-base health!)

Yes, people were making the point that Twitch was a significant - if not sole - indicator of the health of a game..

No they weren't. If they were they were wrong. I remember vividly myself posting about this in this very thread some time ago. This was not the thread in any way, unless you are adamantly listening to some radical minority only who nobody even remembers anymore.

Edited by Kiesu

Twitch you could get the impression SWTOR is 100 % PVP.

Your not far wrong there....

When I look to host people I tend to try to do people playing Story or something, but then there is also the quality of stream that plays a big factor.

I think things will change a bit with Update 5.10 - 6.0 from prevalent Pvp streams to Story/PvE which will hopefully not only have more people watching but also return to the game - that being said the guys at Bioware need to do a little more in the marketing the game update and whats coming etc

Your not far wrong there....

When I look to host people I tend to try to do people playing Story or something, but then there is also the quality of stream that plays a big factor.

I think things will change a bit with Update 5.10 - 6.0 from prevalent Pvp streams to Story/PvE which will hopefully not only have more people watching but also return to the game - that being said the guys at Bioware need to do a little more in the marketing the game update and whats coming etc

And they just need more money from EA headquarters. With what kind of crew are they running SWTOR now? I would say around 10 people or something, 6 of them only designing pixels for the EA money grabber market aka CM "micro" transactions. At least it is definitely a skeleton crew which CAN'T deliver appropriate content in an appropriate time span, even if they would want to.

P.S.: I just noticed I'm already following you. :-) And there is something wrong with your signature links, they don't work, both.

Edited by Khaleg

And they just need more money from EA headquarters. With what kind of crew are they running SWTOR now? I would say around 10 people or something, 6 of them only designing pixels for the EA money grabber market aka CM "micro" transactions. At least it is definitely a skeleton crew which CAN'T deliver appropriate content in an appropriate time span, even if they would want to.

P.S.: I just noticed I'm already following you. :-) And there is something wrong with your signature links, they don't work, both.

Problem is they wont get anything from EA, and I think a lot of the game developing companies under EA will struggle to get anything other than what they get until the LOOTBOX case thing is resolved

But getting back on track with the thread - I dont think that a stat can really say how popular a game is at the time, specially for what is prob classed as a small game at moment compared to a lot out there. Any streaming platform is going to be more of a means to advertise and hopefully get new or returning people in the game.

The game seem to be plugged more on a grapevine of friends of friends etc via twitch and other sources - which mean someone at BW needs to really actively do something, and as mentioned by someone much earlier in the thread how the official SWTOR twitch channel can get over a few hundred people on it when a dev is on there. That is one way to bring some life back

( Links are now working ;) so ty for pointing that out)