EricMusco

Nice that you added wall hooks to the quarters on the ship. Small but they are workable, I would have prefered medium but there might be a reason why small so acceptable.

Seems to be a few more hooks on the floor of the ship-nice.

Now:

(1) Sun Room-Yes this again. (So sue me) The hooks need to be brought up if you can't change them to large. My hanging plants do not belong sitting on the floor. While you are at adjust the ones in the Hillside room as well. They are just as low. See image:

https://imgur.com/WTYjspU

(2) Can the hooks all be changed to large outside the tower on the beach. It would be a nice place to put some waterfall. See example:

https://imgur.com/bAIBzod

Nice change on the beach sand . Looks better but (pouts) why did you pick up my beach chairs there. (I kid, figured it was on the sand and you needed to change it)

Thanks for reading and thanks for your work.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A key piece of feedback we've definitely seen and investigated is the addition of a "house" or "cantina" type of building to the stronghold; unfortunately, that just isn't something we can feasibly add to the stronghold at this point. I know this may seem like a simple request, but it would actually require significant development and testing time to implement at quality. That said, we are taking this particular piece of feedback to heart and will make sure that future strongholds include those types of spaces where it makes sense."

I appreciate the statement but nonetheless i'm still sad that there wasn't enough foresight to include a reasonable Civic building to begin with. Truly one the biggest missed opportunities. You guys seem very out of touch with your playerbase. Good job as you continue to disappoint.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Hey folks!

First off, I want to thank you all for your feedback throughout the PTS cycle! Although we won't be able to address every point of feedback, your input has significantly improved the quality of this update, and we look forward to repeating the process for more of our releases in the coming months.

A key piece of feedback we've definitely seen and investigated is the addition of a "house" or "cantina" type of building to the stronghold; unfortunately, that just isn't something we can feasibly add to the stronghold at this point. I know this may seem like a simple request, but it would actually require significant development and testing time to implement at quality. That said, we are taking this particular piece of feedback to heart and will make sure that future strongholds include those types of spaces where it makes sense.

I also want to clarify that although this is the last build we have planned for PTS, it does not represent the final build that will be going live as update 5.9.2. Additional fixes and changes that are not in the final PTS patch notes will be included in the full update, such as the PvP toggle. The comprehensive patch notes for 5.9.2 will be released a bit closer to the update going live, which is still planned for July 31.

I won't say I'm not disappointed but addressing this issue is certainly a good first step. I'm sad that you can't add one in one of the other buildings and I can dream that one day you will add it but for now I suppose I will have to make do. Hopefully when you eventually make a copero style stronghold, we'll have lovely buildings to decorate!

Hey folks!

First off, I want to thank you all for your feedback throughout the PTS cycle! Although we won't be able to address every point of feedback, your input has significantly improved the quality of this update, and we look forward to repeating the process for more of our releases in the coming months.

A key piece of feedback we've definitely seen and investigated is the addition of a "house" or "cantina" type of building to the stronghold; unfortunately, that just isn't something we can feasibly add to the stronghold at this point. I know this may seem like a simple request, but it would actually require significant development and testing time to implement at quality. That said, we are taking this particular piece of feedback to heart and will make sure that future strongholds include those types of spaces where it makes sense.

I also want to clarify that although this is the last build we have planned for PTS, it does not represent the final build that will be going live as update 5.9.2. Additional fixes and changes that are not in the final PTS patch notes will be included in the full update, such as the PvP toggle. The comprehensive patch notes for 5.9.2 will be released a bit closer to the update going live, which is still planned for July 31.

First off, thank you for the answer, I do appreciate it. I suppose, what I can take away from this is that we're wasting our time asking for a proper housing structure for Rishi. I really don't understand why you would choose to omit a home for people to decorate. The Rishi SH is one that people have asked for, for years, myself included and never once did any of us imagine in our wildest dreams that you guys would go with the slummiest of slums when there are so many nice locales and attractive structures.

Does this mean you will make another Rishi for decorators? At this point, if you're declining us, then keep Rakata Prime in mind and for the love of god, it has to be beachy with oceans and lovely plants and a great house.

I really don't understand why you would forget your decorators. We spend money, we promote and post our creations on a variety of social media and websites, all of which is free advertising for the game. We show the joy we get out of playing with the strongholds and yet you choose to cater to a demographic, that to my knowledge has never once requested a 'pvp centric stronghold'. I'm very disappointed and honestly, there isn't anything for me to do in the game during the content drought. No story, no proper stronghold...what incentive do I have to remain?

Edited by Lunafox

After checking out the new patch on the PTS:

Unfortunately, it appears that most bugs from the first PTS patch, that were fixed with the second PTS patch, are now back in. Please check my posts in the bug reports thread for details.

Most notably, you are no longer flagged for PvP when entering a PvP area of the stronghold. In other words: PvP is impossible in this stronghold. This must be treated as a blocker bug.

It looks like the buttons to use the training dummy and to start PvP are now restricted to bronze keys. While this may be fine for personal strongholds, it is wrong for guild strongholds. Many guilds have a Friends&Family or conquest rank, where they invite players without a long background check. These players all have a bronze key by default, and will be able to disrupt any guild event.

Please ensure that for guild strongholds, all buttons require a silver key, if not even a gold key. If you can't separate it between personal and guild strongholds, have the buttons require a silver key.

I'm not too sure how the terminals to change the spawn position are supposed to work. Right now, they only appear to work in personal strongholds, not in guild strongholds, and they only work the stronghold owner. Any visitors to the stronghold will still spawn at the entrance. Shouldn't the setting apply to anyone, not just the stronghold owner?

And also, please allow players with golden keys to set the bind point for guild strongholds.

Ideally, you'd also ensure that if you /stuck or return to medcenter, you also return to the bind point and not always the starting area.

Clickable objects no longer glow blue. This was fixed with the second patch, but is now bugged again. For new players, it is very hard to notice these objects, e.g. the speeders, unless they glow blue. Please ensure that it is fixed again when the patch hits the live servers.

My previous feedback on hooks was ignored, so to reiterate:

• For example, here on the beach there are large gaps between the large hooks. Please add 2-3 more large hooks and ensure that all large hooks are flush together. That way, you can build one huge scene and not just 2-3 spots spread around.
  • Thanks for adding the centerpiece hook next to the small island, but why put in a centerpiece hook? Please change it into a starship hook (that can still be broken down into centerpiece hooks). There are more than enough starship decorations after all, let us place them down somewhere! Maybe even add two more starship hooks somewhere in the distance (even if we can't get there ourselves).

On the positive side, I like the new cinematic that was added when clicking on a cannon. And I like the new elevator to take you up on top of the canopy.

And I really like the new walkway that was added to avoid the small PvP area. In my opinion, this concern is therefore satisfied; there is no more need to add a way to turn off all PvP features.

Finally, since there is no longer a PvP feedback thread, please also look at the bug where the class icon colors of the Consulars/Inquisitors are swapped (bug report). This is super annoying for cross-faction queueing and should be fixed ASAP.

Edited by Jerba

I like the changes to add the bridge to the beach spawn point and the ability to change spawn points (I found 4: beach, cove, main deck, sky deck). I also liked the cutscene return to beach, fixed speeder bike on the sky deck and elevator to the awning on the sky deck. However the view from the awning helped me notice a floating platform piece: https://imgur.com/a/pEIVbSF

I'm a little disappointed the pvp toggle didn't make the PTS, but am glad to here it will make the final patch.

One new concern I have regarding the spawn point system is whether or not visitors without keys can use them (hopefully not but haven't had a chance to test this yet.)

Edited by Lowarro

From the patch notes:

Using the Skydeck elevator will now play a transition cinematic.

I didn't see a cinematic when using the elevator to the skydeck. Is this patch note meant to refer to the cannons to return to the surface, or is there supposed to be another new cinematic?

Edited by Jerba

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the update and communication in this thread.

First, thank you for recognizing that ways to get around the PvP area and different bind points were wanted and for incorporating those requests.

Second, thank you for mentioning that the PvP toggle WILL be in the final release.

Lastly, I am sure there are some decorators who will enjoy creating something great for themselves in the Rishi stronghold. I'm also sure that many PvPers will enjoy it. But I'm still disappointed in the stronghold because of the lack of buildings and the choice of the area of Rishi that was used. People requested this stronghold for years and I don't think this is what many people had in mind.

My plan right now, since there will be a PvP toggle, is to buy the initial unlock, buy the ship, make a spawn point in the ship and never look at anything on the ground again.

But I feel as though I wasted my money extending my subscription for...this. I also hope that future strongholds will be more thoughtfully designed for the enjoyment of all.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I'm going to abandon my usual wordiness (at least by 75% :D ) and cut straight to the chase in this post about hook placement. (I'll give other thoughts in a separate post, because my hope is this one can be forwarded in its entirety to the design team.)

I went into the issues with the hooks extensively in previous posts, but while in those posts I called out some fixes that were less impactful than others, this time I've trimmed the fat and I'm focusing only on the most vitally needed and egregiously overlooked issues that remain after today's PTS patch. Although I am formatting this in a manner similar to my previous posts, some of the content is new.

Please address these, they are significantly more negatively impactful to your decorators than might be apparent to someone who doesn't actively decorate.

Team PVP Area - Viewing Platform

This area has been called out as needing hook changes by almost every person who has commented on the hooks in the feedback thread, and it's still unchanged.

Suggestion #1: On the "viewing platform" area in the back overlooking the arena, the hooks on the sides are enforced Narrows, there's no reason for this as there's more than enough space. Please make these Medium hooks, or one Large and a Medium in the corner nook.

Suggestion #2: Still on the "viewing platform" area (see the picture link in Suggestion #1 above). Please add a row of Medium hooks up at the front edge of the platform (make sure they are Mediums, enforced Smalls or Narrows would be arbitrarily pointless and limiting). Without hooks right up by the forcefield we can't place any deco, personnel or chair or otherwise, to actually create spectators or a spectator area.

Staging Room

Another area called out by many people, and it's still unchanged.

Suggestion #1: In the first/larger room of the Staging Area, the hooks along the walls are enforced Narrows. Please make these Mediums. As it stands now, restricted to these ridiculous Narrow hooks, you can't put chairs in front of desks or computers, or tables in front of couches, or more than half of the environmental plant decos in the game. These need to be MEDIUMS.

Suggestion #2: Still in the first/larger room of the Staging Area. Please add two more large hooks in the center of the room, in cross formation in relation to the two already there. This is absolutely vital to being able to fully furnish this room. Enforced open space is the death of decorating.

Both of these issues are a BIG DEAL in this room! The space as it stands is severely limited in trying to achieve any type of functionally furnished room. In the absence of a "house" environment as some people are calling for, making these spaces more functionally decoratable is even more important.

Sun Room & Hillside Room

Suggestion #2: Some wall panel sections have two Medium Wall hooks, and others have only one. One or multiple of the following options for these hooks is badly needed: 1) Make these Large hooks, 2) Add a second row of Medium hooks in the upper wall section, 3) Make these two wall hooks on each section, or better yet three packed tightly together so that we could choose if we wanted a single centrally placed deco or if we wanted multiple things in each section. It's completely arbitrary to alternate like this and it prevents us from achieving symmetry, and without these being Larges we can't use most of the plant or water decos.

Hideout Exterior Upper Level

Suggestion #1: This is the first stretch of open space after taking the ramp upward, located at this point on the map. One additional Large hook was added in this space since the initial release but it needs MORE. There is more than enough open space, please FILL it. Also please make that corner with the random two Mediums + Small a Large Standard Arrangement hook instead. Open space needs large decos. Large decos require Large hooks. I really shouldn't have to elaborate further. If we want to use any sort of furniture arrangement here (which most vendor stalls are, for example, including the Rishi one) we need Larges.

Beach Area (and Approach to Beach Area)

I am leaving this first suggestion here not because it's so vital but because it epitomizes something that we need the people laying hooks to understand. The pattern-making here is not good for decorating. This is a continuing example of something we've been calling out since the Manaan SH released, about how negatively it impacts your players' ability to actually decorate when hooks are being laid with an intention to make geometric patterns instead of trying to place the largest hook possible that will fit in a space provided that hook comes with the option to break it down into smaller hooks.

Suggestion #1: This walkway off the Team PVP Area on the way to the beach is an enforced alternating pattern of Narrows and Smalls. Please make this a grid of six Mediums. The pattern as it stands now is arbitrary (and very obviously a pattern rather than a blank canvas) and limits our options.

Suggestion #2: The beach still needs more hooks!!! Or, at the very least, existing hooks need to be altered and shifted so that, one way or another, the following two things are accomplished: 1) There are hooks that reach the water line, and 2) The hooks that reach the water line can be broken down into SMALLS so that we can place PERSONNEL in the water!!!

Suggestion #3 Please give us more Floor Covering hooks! There are five now, which is better than the zero there were before... but five widely scattered little beach towels are still going to look... very strange.

Islands and Open Water

Suggestion #1: Every instance of an enforced/stand-alone Narrow or Small on this island needs to be changed to a Medium hook. Every one. There is more than enough room. Arbitrarily limiting us to smaller hooks is not good.

Suggestion #2: We need more hooks in the water. Lots more. They need to be Large Standard Arrangement hooks, and there need to be more of them than you think there should be (because it's very clear your players want more hooks than you think they do), and they need to be widely scattered around.

Patrol Carrier - Escape Pods

Suggestion #1: Currently there are Large hooks in front of the built-in computer terminals, and a grid of Mediums in the back corners. Please swap this, so that the grid of Mediums is in front of the terminals and the Large is in the corners. Reasoning: Why would we want a Large deco to block what is already a built-in feature? Whereas the corners are begging for a sizable deco like a Multi-State Mainframe Terminal or a Republic Data Storage Unit or a Zakuul Megaterminal or a Shooting Range... all of which require a Large hook.

Patrol Carrier - Awning

First off, thank you for this neat addition! It will help both for decorating an area for spectators and for actually spectating a match in progress. It cries out for a quick revision, though:

Suggestion #1: If the whole point of this area was to let us spectate and decorate for spectating... shouldn't the hooks be at the edge of the awning where the view of the arena is actually possible? Most of the hooks are currently laid out right along the middle. Standing in that spot, you can't even see the arena. Please think of hook laying less as geometric art and more as a functional tool.

As a final suggestion, it appears that none of the feedback I've seen provided about the hook options in the Sky Deck Arena has as of yet been taken into account. I provided some here, and other people have provided their own too. One of the most critical things that has been called out by multiple people is needing hooks that allow us to completely block access to the ground floor ramps leading up to the scoring area. All of the other suggestions are valid and pertinent, but this one about blocking the ramps is actually critical to making the arena functional for PVP. Without these hooks, all it takes is one Force Speed + plus one stun breaker to score. This does not make for playable matches.

So, those are the hook changes that I feel are still vitally needed. There are many others that, ideally, I would love to see, but with the release so close I think it's more important to focus on the truly game-breaking ones.

After seeing the hooks that you added to this patch I think I begin to better understand how the geometry of a room affects your ability to place hooks. We asked for wall hooks in the cabins and bridge on the Carrier, and when I see how they were added it appears you were forced to add hooks only in the spaces that provided flat planes. If that's a coding limitation then it's unfortunate but I understand, and I think the lesson for the design team should be that built-in assets need to be designed with the ability for maximum hook versatility and coverage in mind. If, however, the placement of these new Smalls (and the absence of Larges) is just arbitrary then it is absolutely TERRIBLE and all of those hooks should be converted to Mediums or Larges immediately.

As regards other changes, thank you for the Large hooks in the corridors of the carrier, and thank you as mentioned above for the hooks on the awning (though also as mentioned above they do need a change).

I still feel that your team responsible for laying hooks needs to do a pass of the full stronghold, and anywhere they see an arbitrarily enforced/stand-alone Narrow or Small hook where a Medium or a Large would fit they should immediately change it to a Medium or Large instead. Number one rule of hook placement should always, always be: place the largest hook possible that will fit in a given space provided that hook comes with the option to break it down into smaller hooks.

Edited by JediBoadicea

Some things I (and someone else) noticed while playing around in the SH;

PvE/general stuff;

• The training dummy is very quick to reset; with the added temp ability there should be more time given (or only have it reset/despawn on ability or lack of health), especially since some classes use stealth rationally
  • The lift on the sky deck (while cool) is very awkwardly placed. There is a central vertical support beam that should be used for the lift location, instead of the side where it looks very out of place (can also hide the backbone, making it less obviously a DK lift :p )
  • The spawn terminals (to set default location) only work for the owner; friends still spawn at dock, as do guildies. This makes them less useful or even confusing for others... vs a great way to get people directly to the arena/huttball area or quickly show people stuff on the training dummy. The owner/gold key holder should set default universally
  • Could also make it so you can change it from the SH window, in case of inviting a group to a specific event (minor comment)
  • The spawn terminals should double as QT spots
  • Treasure Chest still missing

PvP Stuff;

• The arena no-longer auto-flags you, even when you lock it, we had to request a duel to fight each other
  • can once again mount up when carrying the huttball
  • Anyone with a bronze key can use all controls, even terminate games in progress from the outside... even on the guild version. This means any guildy can troll guild event like tournaments (or accidentally ruin them) with a simple click - the PvP controls should be reserved for silver key holders, or only the person that initiated the fight when a fight's in progress (temp ability pops up that ends it? Only given to the one that started it?)
  • Leaving the viewing probe via the ability turns off my sprint, every time

This might have been reported before, however it is impossible to access the awning elevator as the viewing probe - you clip right through it.

Additionally - it is impossible to use operative roll while on the ramps / arena decoration.

Edited by NikSunrider

I want to thank you again for opening the PTS for feedback. I really do think it's already made a positive difference for the stronghold, and I think it will have a positive knock-on effect for the next one.

Here are some of the chief concerns I continue to have. I'm leaving the "would be nice" ones for a footnote at the end and for this main list really cutting straight to those that give me nightmares. All of these are extremely important.

1. You absolutely must address the issue of the cap on strongholds. This has come up with every single stronghold released since the first batch, and it will continue to come up every time. It's vital that you not arbitrarily cap players, when the server merge proved the game can support players having up to 35 strongholds. Here's a suggestion for a CM-purchasable stronghold slot unlock. If an ability to purchase additional slots isn't provided (or the cap isn't simply raised right up to 35 or more) I know I will end up being one of those players who cannot in fact gain access to the Rishi stronghold, and I would be very sad if that happens.

2. You need to find a way to let guilds have more than one ground stronghold. Currently they are limited to one. The Rishi stronghold is ideal for guilds. But if you force guilds to have to choose between sacrificing a stronghold they've already lovingly built up and getting a new one, I promise some guilds won't make the sacrifice, and your newly designed game feature will go unused. That's a loss for absolutely everyone.

3. You need to address some of the remaining issues with hook placement in Rishi. In this post I called out the ones I feel are still very important after today's update.

4. You need to increase the X/Y axes for decoration placement from 20 to 40. Especially with many of the issues that will not be able to be addressed with the hooks before the SH release, this is very important. Your SH player base has been crying out for this for a very, very long time. Currently it is not possible to get many large decos (requiring a Large hook) to sit flush against a wall or against any other deco. This has an enormously negative and frustrating impact on decorating. It is completely needless to be frustrating your players this way if an adjustment to the axes is all that is required to fix it. If this adjustment isn't possible, please tell us so.

5. You need to make sure that among the changes you are making to the Stronghold Management window you fix the current inability to scroll through the list of character names, if that list goes further down than the visible window space. (This happens if you have a lot of characters, or if the stronghold is at the bottom of the window.)

6. This is a suggestion more than an imperative (I feel that at least items 1-4 through above are indeed imperative). While I personally don't have an issue with the lack of a "house" space for the Rishi SH, even I think it would be really nice to have one, and I can't help but imagine that you could still achieve this if you were to add another phased instance like the Patrol Carrier accessible through a terminal. I totally understand that it actually isn't easy to add design assets to a region that has already been visually coded out to completion, and that it's probably not just a copy/paste job (most likely because the logic behind how a PVE environment space is coded may be different from how the SH space is coded). But an isolated, phased, terminal-accessible add-on to the SH could be added on after release as an expansion. If you were to make an announcement that this was coming here and in the patch notes, people would know it was on the horizon. The consensus from everyone wanting an additional cantina/house space for Rishi has been that folks would be happy to wait if it meant getting this, and adding it as an expansion would mean that you both meet your initial release and satisfy the folks who were willing to wait.

So, with those important concerns out of the way, here are some "these would be super nice" things to call out (all stronghold related, though granted not all specifically Rishi related):

• Please add the Grade 8, 9, and 10 crafting mats as utility decorations. Utility decorations are some of the most frequently used by your decorators, and it's now been three and a half years since the Grade 8 mats hit the game. Don't you think that indicates it is way, way past time for a decos update?
  • Please give some thought to making some adjustments to the hook assignments for the upcoming Martial decorations. Here are some suggestions.
  • Please consider increasing the number of keys we can hold. If this is somehow game-breaking that's fine, but if it's just another arbitrary cap then it's pointless, and I know that for sure at least your decorators and RPers are frequently hitting the issue of keyring caps.
  • In one of the previous game patches some personnel decos appeared in the decos UI that were incorrectly labeled as belonging to the Deepwater Essentials Bundle. These decos were removed from the UI with a later patch. They were all military-themed personnel decos from both factions, and they were wonderful. We badly need more personnel decos like this, and I strongly encourage you to release these as an upcoming personnel decos bundle.
  • Please revisit the Starship hooks in the following locations, because these specific Starship hooks are bugged exceptions that cannot be broken down into other layouts and they really need to be:
    • Tatooine SH - the external (not in the hangar) starship hook
    • Yavin SH - the rear starship hook on the grounds (by the sentry tower)
    • Imperial Guild Flagship - neither of the starship hooks in the hangar bays can be broken down (compared to the Republic side ship where both can).

Edited by JediBoadicea

Additionally - it is impossible to use operative roll while on the ramps / arena decoration.

Can confirm, this is a major issue, and a regression from the first and second PTS patch. On those patches, you could roll just fine on the new training area decoration that fits onto the arena hook. Now, you get the error message "Not usable while in air", similar to other decorations.

This should also be treated as a blocker bug as it makes any serious PvP tournaments impractical.

Edited by Jerba

Thank you for making clickable objects behave properly and glow only when you move the mouse over them.

The clickies not glowing at all in build 1 was a bug, them permanently glowing in build 2 was a bug as well. It was a longstanding bug that existed since adding the speeders with the release of Umbara, and IMO it was a very annoying one. Thanks for fixing that bug in the other strongholds as well.

If you ever think that your players can't find clickables on their own, add a good ol' highlight function that makes all the clickables glow while you hold the key. Don't ruin the atmosphere of the stonghold by making them glow permanently.

The ability to choose the stronghold's entrance point is great, and makes Rishi much more interesting to me. There's one flaw, though: When you log in to a character, you usually started where you logged out, now you're at the selected entry point.

Another small bug: in the carrier you can still hear the jungle noises when standing in the southeastern corner of the reactor room, just on the opposite wall from the door, next to the medium wall hook.

Love the addition of new hooks, especially on the carrier. Sure, there is always way for improvement, but this is already so much better than it used to be, especially with wall hooks in the carrier (Maybe a few more in the reactor room?)

The halls in the carrier could still use more flooring hooks. Let us to put carpets along any halls you build; Coruscant and Dromund Kaas are almost perfect in this regard. Also, for Kephess' sake, when you have a fireplace and a wampa rug, every stronghold should at least have one wall where you can place both of them. Generally, every Large Standard Arrangement hook should include a floor covering hook, so maybe this could be done by adding the flooring to the large hook layouts, rather than placing all the flooring hooks manually.

Will sorting the stronghold list make it into the release build?

Also: Will you increase the max number of strongholds? (Many of us have more than 10 after the server merges.)

Edited by Mubrak

Hey folks,

Please use this thread to give us your thoughts on the Rishi Stronghold changes that are in the final PTS build (going out today or tomorrow). I will leave the other thread open so I don't squash any on-going convos there. Please use this thread only after playing with the Stronghold on the new patch.

Thanks!

-eric

Thank you and the team for being responsive to the community regarding strongholds and indicating that this will continue. I understand as many do that not everything on everyone's wish list will happen, but great strides have been made this time around to solicit feedback from the player base, and this is much appreciated.

1. You absolutely must address the issue of the cap on strongholds. This has come up with every single stronghold released since the first batch, and it will continue to come up every time. It's vital that you not arbitrarily cap players, when the server merge proved the game can support players having up to 35 strongholds. Here's a suggestion for a CM-purchasable stronghold slot unlock. If an ability to purchase additional slots isn't provided (or the cap isn't simply raised right up to 35 or more) I know I will end up being one of those players who cannot in fact gain access to the Rishi stronghold, and I would be very sad if that happens.

Why will you not be able to access the Rishi stronghold? I have all 8 strongholds unlocked on the PTS so there is no issue unless you still have multiple copies of your strongholds active from the server merge. If that is the case, delete a couple of your copies. There are 8 strongholds and I believe the cap is 10.

Hey folks!

Does this mean the suggestion about wall decorations like the Kaas City wall or the Imperial Wall becoming available to smaller hook types such as large or medium might still make it into the actual game update? It would be a huge loss if the new wall decorations stay limited to their current hook types. They're an amazing addition into the decoration system and having them available to smaller hook types could spark so much creativity. So please, don't overlook this and please also make the wall decorations available to smaller hook types so then could be put anywhere!

Does this mean the suggestion about wall decorations like the Kaas City wall or the Imperial Wall becoming available to smaller hook types such as large or medium might still make it into the actual game update? It would be a huge loss if the new wall decorations stay limited to their current hook types. They're an amazing addition into the decoration system and having them available to smaller hook types could spark so much creativity. So please, don't overlook this and please also make the wall decorations available to smaller hook types so then could be put anywhere!

Making the wall hooks more versatile would actually do a lot to help with the lack of a proper building. I know more than one place where I could use those walls to make my own home if they are aavailable for use on more hooks. This would be a a good compromise to those who are disappointed by the poor building design in the SH.

I can understand how creating a whole new building isn't feesible in a timely manner, however, I think there are ways that the SH could be made a little more friendly to a wider range of decorators. Perhaps, you could divide the hillside room into smaller rooms and give it a better floor? Maybe rework the hooks in there to just cover the entire floor so players can create their own rooms more easily. That would work especially well if you made those wall decos more flexible. There has to be a middle ground here.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Most of my comments have been already made by others. One, though, remains, and the silence of others makes me wonder if this is a glitch that just affects my character. I can now bravely ride a mount into an open PvP area and stay on board. I can also mount up in that area even if the gates are locked. But, if I try to exit a PvP area, I am unceremoniously dumped by my mount. An annoyance.

I do want to thank you so much for the efforts you have made to bring this SH up to players' expectations/desires. Although I am sad you cannot provide the cantina/house some players want, your willingness to listen and your responsiveness have been remarkable. I especially like that, in this SH, we can actually create options of game-play to suit ourselves.

For some time now, players have demanded a Rishi SH, but they failed to say which Rishi should be featured--Raider's Cove is not the same as the jungle areas. I suspect that either choice would have brought on objections.

Edited by BattleAxMaeve

You need to increase the X/Y axes for decoration placement from 20 to 40. Especially with many of the issues that will not be able to be addressed with the hooks before the SH release, this is very important. Your SH player base has been crying out for this for a very, very long time. Currently it is not possible to get many large decos (requiring a Large hook) to sit flush against a wall or against any other deco. This has an enormously negative and frustrating impact on decorating. It is completely needless to be frustrating your players this way if an adjustment to the axes is all that is required to fix it. If this adjustment isn't possible, please tell us so.

This please and can you please add small hooks on top of the centerpiece hooks and when you break down the centerpiece hooks please have the large hooks have the small hooks like the other large hooks.

I was trying to add a restaurant in the hillside room but without the small hooks on top of either the centerpiece hook it is hard to place a person behind the CZ Food Vendor since even when I break it to a large hook there are no small hooks on top of the large hook. So please???

And having the extra axes would help as well so I can push the cantina bar cabinet against the side of the food vendor.

Thank you.

Edited by casirabit

Why will you not be able to access the Rishi stronghold? I have all 8 strongholds unlocked on the PTS so there is no issue unless you still have multiple copies of your strongholds active from the server merge. If that is the case, delete a couple of your copies.

This solution is not actually a solution, it is asking me to take countless hours of passionate investment and work and throw it in the trash.

I have more than 10 fully decorated strongholds. The entire reason the dev team was wise enough to not delete anyone's strongholds when the servers merged is because they recognized it wasn't acceptable to erase something their players had created and invested in because of a decision that was out of their players' hands. This is no different at all. The stronghold cap being set at 10 is a decision out of the players' hands, and the fact that the server merge proved it's possible for players to have more than 10 strongholds (up to 35, in fact) means there is absolutely no excuse to leave the cap at 10.

Further, it is completely counter-productive not only to player happiness but also to the studio's own potential profit. If I cannot access the new SH because I am needlessly capped, I won't be investing cartel coins in SH unlocks or decoration purchases to decorate it either.

In this thread alone there have been comments from others indicating I am not the only person with this problem, and there've been comments in other threads in the forums, and I personally know other players who have this same issue. I'm not the only one who would be affected by a cap left at 10.

Further, in the suggestion thread I linked to I made a point of suggesting that the implementation of something like a Stronghold Slot Unlock purchase could also open the door to letting people buy duplicate copies of the same stronghold, which I know many people have asked for in the past. The restrictions currently in place on total number of strongholds, and number of stronghold copies available, are actually blocking the studio from pulling in additional profit. It's a fairly painful oversight all around, made all the more painful after seeing what the server merge proved is possible.

I've been calling out the need to address this for months, not just now a week before the Rishi release, but getting a fix in before the Rishi release really does feel imperative. Players are most driven to impulse spend when something is brand new and shiny and the desire to have it is most fierce; the longer you delay on removing a roadblock the more people you lose.

Edited by JediBoadicea