Special Roleplayer "in character" FLAIR

JecVanguard

Hi,

I have a suggestion

I'm not a roleplayer myself, but I seems logical that RPer should know when other RPers are "In Character" perhaps there could be a special Roleplayers "In Character" flair so that everyone knows who is in character, which should aid both RPers and non-RPers.

Apologies if there is a suggestion box thread, I couldn't find it if there is one.

Sounds like a good target for trolls.

Sadly, this was my very first thought as well...I erased my reply about 10 times for sounding too 'negative' on the idea, because it is a killer idea, but the target this paints on toons is something we need to consider.

Pros and cons to it, surely. it would help RPers find each other and help them avoid approaching people who aren't interested in RP (I wish I could have a flair or flag on my account that says 'not interested').

The question does become if it would become a magnet for harassment, and knowing the way some players are, it probably would be.

But it's still a shame there isn't some sort of RP flag one can voluntarily take to help find like-minded players.

Great suggestion!!! Take it one step further and add in flairs for people doing PvP, PvE and GSF even. I love this suggestion.

+1

Good suggestion by both the OP and Tux. I might actually buy a flair (I just use the one you get for completing all the class stories) if this were a thing.

Sounds like a good target for trolls.

In the big picture it probably wouldn't have much of an effect on trolling. I'd imagine most of the time people would be using the flair when they're on Fleet and looking for random RP, because you don't need to advertise willingness to RP when attending guild events, and Fleet is pretty much where all the random RP happens. So it's going to be around the cantina where someone inclined to troll RP, is likely going to troll that RP whether or not someone has a flair active.

I'd use it in PVP. :D

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

This is a fantastic idea! As a roleplayer, I would definitely use this. Trolls are not much of a concern for me—they're annoying, but they're a possibility wherever I RP out in the game world, so having something that would allow me to identify fellow RPers and help them identify me would be great!