Maybe it's time to move to a full F2P model

PorsaLindahl

Wonder all you like. Do some research and you'll find your answer and you can stop trolling.

I think you need to do some research on what a troll is. Your unsatisfied. I get that. Perfectly fine, but you keep stating that you don't want to play the game and still address a bunch of things you want to change - in a often hostile manner. If you can be more constructive I'm all for it :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol! Interesting deduction if nothing else :D I want to pay for the game and for the extra services that come with being a subscriber. I just rarely have any interest in anything on the cartel market - so I don't buy them.

As for what you are suggesting: Isn't that very bloody close to what they are already doing? :p

They get to keep those perks and get more perks, while the others wouldn't have those perks.. so you are getting something if you want to stay subbed while others would not get those same benefits.. I'm talking about getting rid of most/all of the restrictions and just letting people buy the new content as it comes out.

I'm not stopping you, or anyone, from playing the game. This isn't the game. This is the forums. And I'll post until I lose my privileges. I'll continue to post my displeasure as I see fit. It's not your call. These vain attempts at trolling, on your part, are pretty pathetic.

Talk about "noise". You are not only hijacking your own thread, you are doing so by attacking the studio incessantly now and also other forum members. Just stop. You are self admittedly done with the game.. yet here you are ranting and attacking left and right... apparently just because you can.

I get it.. you are angry. Your anger being vented on others though is of no productive purpose in discussing the game you no longer subscribe to or play.

Edited by Andryah

i know they do? what are you talking about? Let them keep the cartel coins or increase them, let them keep the xp bonus, and give them so more bonuses to go with that.. f2p or b2p wouldn't get those bonuses.. can you grasp that? boy you like to argue! lmao

No need to give subs any more bonuses. What we get is quite nice already, thank you very much :)

Why change *anything*? MMOs commonly charge 15/month for a monthly fee, and give discounts if you sub for longer periods of time.

LOTRO, WoW, Rift, Final Fantasy XIV, and others *all* charge a monthly fee for full access, and have an option to let players play for free, with a limited set of options.

So, SWTOR is just following a long standing industry practice.

Feel free to keep asking for things though. If you find a car salesman who's giving away free rides, hook me up, ok?

Edited by translucentwolf

The IP license is rented for a chunk of years at a time. Don't remember spesifically how long the terms are, but 4 or more iirc. Browsing around for "EA" and "Star Wars license" might get you the results you're looking for. So no, it's not continuous payments, but they don't have the license till the end of time either. When SWG shut down it wasn't only because the game wasn't doing great, it was also because the Star Wars license was expiring and SOE didn't want to keep paying for something that wasn't very profitable.

That's exactly what I said, they already paid for the contract to have the name until the contract expires. They aren't making payments unless they want to re-up.

They get to keep those perks and get more perks, while the others wouldn't have those perks.. so you are getting something if you want to stay subbed while others would not get those same benefits.. I'm talking about getting rid of most/all of the restrictions and just letting people buy the new content as it comes out.

That could work - what I would really like to see is letting people do PVP and OPS, but maybe get some restrictions if they are not subscriber - less reputation and no CXP maybe?

That's exactly what I said, they already paid for the contract to have the name until the contract expires. They aren't making payments unless they want to re-up.

You clearly know nothing about the norm in the industry in the context of IP license contracts and agreements.

Subs already get "perks" that f2p players don't get.

monthly coins

'sprint' at lvl 1

early speeder access

3rd crafting slot

extra quickbars

etc.

So, once again, your argument is invalid.

As this is a free country, continue to post your " I want something for nothing " threads. The multiple ways you try to spin it are kinda interesting, if ultimately useless.

Edited by translucentwolf

I think you need to do some research on what a troll is. Your unsatisfied. I get that. Perfectly fine, but you keep stating that you don't want to play the game and still address a bunch of things you want to change - in a often hostile manner. If you can be more constructive I'm all for it :)

I've given my constructive feedback, made suggestions, etc. But when I see something stupid, I'm going to say it's stupid. I don't mince words. If you knew anything at all about me, you'd know that one fact for sure.

That could work - what I would really like to see is letting people do PVP and OPS, but maybe get some restrictions if they are not subscriber - less reputation and no CXP maybe?

Now we are talking, they need cxp for endgame so you cant take that away, but you could give subscribers a big cxp bonus. In return b2p people would get to do all the content you get to do, to be extra warm bodies when waiting in queue. :D

I've given my constructive feedback, made suggestions, etc. But when I see something stupid, I'm going to say it's stupid. I don't mince words. If you knew anything at all about me, you'd know that one fact for sure.

Your calm, measured voice on these forums will be missed.

:t_cool:

Subs already get "perks" that f2p players don't get.

monthly coins

'sprint' at lvl 1

early speeder access

3rd crafting slot

extra quickbars

etc.

So, once again, your argument is invalid.

As this is a free country, continue to post your " I want something for nothing " threads. The multiple ways you try to spin it are kinda interesting, if ultimately useless.

Again you don't understand and I'm not going to keep explaining so this will be my last reply to you.. you are acting somewhat like a troll trying to agitate people.

Now we are talking, they need cxp for endgame so you cant take that away, but you could give subscribers a big cxp bonus. In return b2p people would get to do all the content you get to do, to be extra warm bodies when waiting in queue. :D

Nah. I'm a sub. I already get an infinite bonus on CXP vs. a non-sub.

Next suggestion please :D

You clearly know nothing about the norm in the industry in the context of IP license contracts and agreements.

Again do you? You said it yourself they are under a strict NDA. So unless you work for bioware/EA and you're a higher up, what do you really know yourself? :D

This thread seems to be based on some mock altruism.

"I'm quitting the game because <reasons> and no longer wish to pay! But you should make it fully F2P, for "others", but really so I can continue to check back in and play without paying a dime because while I no longer wish to pay, I don't fully want to quit either and I hate the lack of perks as F2P."

But maybe you're sincere, I don't know you well enough. Just getting a vibe that while you're waving the quit-flag, you don't actually want to walk away because the game still matters to you. I get that, I'm walking that line myself and it sucks but things are what they are. Also seems a lot of your reactions come from a place of disappointment and frustration, still trying to fight for improvement with one foot out the door already.

We can debate for hours what the best course of action would be for Bioware, perhaps one or two of us are actually experienced enough to know what would and would not work but in the end, it doesn't matter. Bioware and EA will follow the money and for as long as their current model works, they're going to milk it. When it stops working, you may get your full F2P while the prices on the CM soar because they won't stop trying to grasp for every single penny. It's out of our hands in any case.

Again you don't understand and I'm not going to keep explaining so this will be my last reply to you.. you are acting somewhat like a troll trying to agitate people.

I understand you *perfectly*.

You want what you have now. No restrictions, as a sub.

You don't want to pay anymore.

You offer up a pretty empty suggestion:

Give me what I have now, after I stop paying. And give people who still pay a little something on top of the same stuff I get.

You spin it as 'more perks for subs' but it boils down to the same thing:

Current features, 0 cost.

It's not trolling to tell a guy asking for free meal that maybe he should, you know, pay for his lunch.

TANSTASFL

Google it, if you don't know what it means.

I disagree. I say drop the F2P model altogether and either go back to a Sub-only model, OR go the Guild Wars 2 route where the player needs to make a one-time purchase (minus expansions), and then they get full access to the game and all features. Extras would come from the CM.

Well, they could get CXP from the "dull content" like dailies and heroics - I bet some people might decided to subscribe for that reason alone :D Now we are at it, I never understood why they removed the passes. I thought that worked well.

They could learn a lot from NCSoft and Arenanet. I'll leave it at that. It's too bad NCSoft didn't buy BW instead of EA getting their destructive meathooks into them.

I'm not sure if this line is a joke or not? EA could learn something from NCSoft? HAHAHA! NCSoft is just as bad as EA, but I'm going to continue to let you think otherwise.

I disagree. I say drop the F2P model altogether and either go back to a Sub-only model, OR go the Guild Wars 2 route where the player needs to make a one-time purchase (minus expansions), and then they get full access to the game and all features. Extras would come from the CM.

B2P won't work. IP costs too much.

Keep the sub fees, Bioware. If you need more cash to hire some devs, feel free to boost the cost. The people who actually care about the game will pay whatever you want to charge.

Nope. If they bump it to 30/month I'll stick around. I suspect you would too.
I wouldn't. Much as I love the game, and as much as I think it's worth the current monthly subscription, I don't think it's worth 3 times the industry standard. I'd pay once in a while to binge through several content patches and make good use of my unrestricted credits while it lasted, but after that I'd leave the game again until I once more had several content patches/expansions to play through. I suspect a lot of people would do the same. And I really don't think people dropping that amount of cash once or twice a year is more profitable than having them consistently pay smaller amounts.