Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

EricMusco

I got my first ever forum warning today :( about something I guess I said about this poster whom I dare not name so I need to be careful now what I say.:rolleyes: But although I’m nowhere near the forum legend of Dasty, if you meet the conditions he set forth again about that poster who shall not be named, I too will spam your inbox with a sternly-worded PM. :p

All I see when "he who shall not be named" posts is this. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PennyAnn,

If you ever respond to Olag again, I'm going to send you a very, very sternly worded private message!

Dasty

Please add me to your list of people to scold Dasty...I know better, yet I continue to try.

SNIP

The bigger guilds, I honestly don't see how the changes really impact them beyond personal conquest points/rewards on multiple toons. They, as a guild, still can win planets easily enough.

SNIP

While I don't give the multiple toons in multiple guilds argument much merit I think it's important to address because even though I don't like it, I definitely took advantage of it with a certain guild on the old Harbinger who had like 5 imp versions and 3 pub versions of the same guild. They would win multiple planets in the same week because #alts. I have many friends who would just put random toons in that guild depending on the planet they were going for, meet the conquest goal and get the conqueror achievements. Hell, even I did it as it seemed that would be the only way to do it (w/o doing the crazy year of gathering up of mats to make a push against them). Since alt gains were nerfed it has had a largely negative impact on the guilds that had multiple versions of the same guild. That I think is a good thing and I'm happy not see a certain guild in the top 10 on all the planet leaderboards, especially with there being only three planets to invade currently.

SNIP

Personally I dont agree with the majority of what you wrote, however I do applaud you for acknowledging others complaints with respect and giving your opinion as detailed as possible.

You are absolutely correct, the large guilds arent effected by these changes compared to the small and medium sized guilds.

There was a much easier and simpler way to nerf the guilds that had multiple guilds who dominated all the planets every week and also to nerf the guilds who kicked members on Monday to ensure they didnt get the title/achievement.

1) When a member is kicked from guild or if they quit, the points he earned would be removed from guild total.

2) Instantly give guild rewards the second the conquest timer stops for that week.

3) When you quit one guild and join another, you are locked out of conquest for that current week.

(btw, they didnt rely on alts near as much as you think, they recruited in large masses daily. They had their officers coordinate when and which guild to jump to during the week to ensure a win on each planet.)

Regarding crafting: Instead of "revamping" it and ninja nerfing it into oblivion, they should have just cut it down to one conquest week (total galactic war for instance) and made accessible all the viable planets (including yavin/rishi) and put it on a set schedule for every 6 months. This way, for all those complaining of the ridiculous amount of points and crafting bombs only have to see it twice a year. I chose Total galactic war since that one mainly focused on war supplies and the overall points were smaller compared to the other crafting weeks since there were more planets to spread the wealth.

This new system hurt the small guilds the most. The system wasnt broken beforehand but it most certainly is now.

Regarding crafting: Instead of "revamping" it and ninja nerfing it into oblivion, they should have just cut it down to one conquest week (total galactic war for instance) and made accessible all the viable planets (including yavin/rishi) and put it on a set schedule for every 6 months. This way, for all those complaining of the ridiculous amount of points and crafting bombs only have to see it twice a year. I chose Total galactic war since that one mainly focused on war supplies and the overall points were smaller compared to the other crafting weeks since there were more planets to spread the wealth.

I'd only agree to that if Yavin and Rishi were also available in Conquest Events where crafting was not a factor.

I'd only agree to that if Yavin and Rishi were also available in Conquest Events where crafting was not a factor.

It already is! Revenge of the Revanites is not a crafting conquest week. For total galactic war to be a total galactic war, it should include ALL planets that are on all the conquest weeks.

Personally I dont agree with the majority of what you wrote, however I do applaud you for acknowledging others complaints with respect and giving your opinion as detailed as possible.

You are absolutely correct, the large guilds arent effected by these changes compared to the small and medium sized guilds.

There was a much easier and simpler way to nerf the guilds that had multiple guilds who dominated all the planets every week and also to nerf the guilds who kicked members on Monday to ensure they didnt get the title/achievement.

1) When a member is kicked from guild or if they quit, the points he earned would be removed from guild total.

2) Instantly give guild rewards the second the conquest timer stops for that week.

3) When you quit one guild and join another, you are locked out of conquest for that current week.

(btw, they didnt rely on alts near as much as you think, they recruited in large masses daily. They had their officers coordinate when and which guild to jump to during the week to ensure a win on each planet.)

This new system hurt the small guilds the most. The system wasnt broken beforehand but it most certainly is now.

Yeah, you can read his assessments and it's clear he has put thought into his explanations and is well-meaning in that he wants conquest to be improved upon.

Even if you disagree with what he writes, at least he presents a different perspective that can also be greeted with discussion.

I like reading the different perspectives involving conquest because it allows a lot to be learned instead of only hearing one side of it.

I am curious to see his response to your post here.

is/was that a thing? some guilds kick people before getting the planet title? because that is crappy

Let me expand and clarify my thoughts on crafting:

1) Instead of the 4 different conquest weeks solely focused on crafting make it just one: Total Galactic War

2) Include ALL planets that are available on the other conquest weeks including yavin/rishi

3) Revert the points, objectives and crafting schematics back to what they were pre 5.8 (without planetary bonuses)

4) Remove all crafting objectives (including donating invasion forces which is beyond idiotic) from all conquest weeks (except the one designated for the crafting week)

5) Set the schedule for every 6 months: this gives crafting focused guilds a reachable goal and keeps them interested. At the same time, everyone else who doesnt like crafting weeks only gets to see it twice a year and can have all the other conquest weeks at their pleasure.

is/was that a thing? some guilds kick people before getting the planet title? because that is crappy

Yes, this was a huge issue on Harbinger (now Satele Shan) with several of the large guilds who dominated the boards every week.

Yeah, you can read his assessments and it's clear he has put thought into his explanations and is well-meaning in that he wants conquest to be improved upon.

Even if you disagree with what he writes, at least he presents a different perspective that can also be greeted with discussion.

I like reading the different perspectives involving conquest because it allows a lot to be learned instead of only hearing one side of it.

I am curious to see his response to your post here.

I completely agree, I enjoyed reading his comment even if i rolled my eyes on a few points. lol

Dear Bioware, you give us:

213 Points per PVP game! This is with my 150% Stronghold Bonus

213 Points per GSF game with my 150% Stronghold Bonus

325 Points for the Groupfinder Flashpoint with my 150% Stronghold Bonus

How much Points earn a Player with 0% or 25% Stronghold Bonus? 110 Points? Seriously is this what you want for us?

Do you want that SWTOR is a fulltime Job for us? Or you want the we have fun with SWTOR? If you think that SWTOR Need to be fulltime Job for us. Then you Need to pay me/us! And not that we pay you for destroying the Game! :mad:

So much Players stopped to Play/subscribe the Game. Generaly we see lower activity with Random Operations and Flashpoints.

After your Fail in 4.0 and 5.0 with no new Content. You drive out much Players.

After your Fail in 5.0 with bad Galactic Command improvemend and "Thrill of the Hunt". You drive out more Players.

And now? You want to continue with your failing and once more you will drive out Players from SWTOR! :mad:

How Long you will Monitor the state of the Game? How much you Need time to Monitor the state of the Game?

I tell you something i take one week to Monitor the State of Conquest now in SWTOR. And i and 97% of your playerbase know what is wrong!!! :rolleyes: So will you pay us that we are better then you in Monitoring?

But But But you will Monitor and Monitor and Monitor the Game.

Honestly Bioware Fixing what you Broke is not new Content :rolleyes:

All the tiime for Fixing and Monitoring will be better invest in new Content!

And please you Need to put all Heroic Missions to earn Points for Conquest. You know Bioware this is fun to do in a Group and is a good small Guild/Group activity.

Edited by Manjaca

Just a little feedback, although not too difficult in completing the personal CQ of 15k, the main gripe is how long it takes (lots of 250 cq's to be done etc.).

Previous CQ used to be fun and I'd do the ones that i wanted every other week or so on multiple toons.

This CQ i can only concentrate on one toon as most of the content is something i wouldnt usually do (some being absurb ie spending 500k for item to use on a run around mission from Nar shaddaa to tatooine).

The way i look at this is personally I will probably stop doing CQ as it is increasingly pushing me to do content i do not wish to do, i can live with heroics and FP's etc.. but the rewards are far too small.

My time is better spent doing the weekly Master/Tact FPs etc.. as they are more rewarding than some decos and 25/50k credits and some jawa junk.

Edited by greenMne

A debate should be logical. All he does is criticizes people's opinions and attempts to devalue their experiences.

I completely agree with you. I was just commenting on why so many did and still do engage he who must not be named. :rak_03:

Small Planet. Goal : 200.000 Points.

Place one guild right now : 325.491 points. And there are still 5 more days to go.

Greart. Big ones snatching away what was intended to by for small ones. Like I had feared and predicted.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

After your Fail in 4.0 and 5.0 with no new Content. You drive out much Players.

After your Fail in 5.0 with bad Galactic Command improvemend and "Thrill of the Hunt". You drive out more Players.

And now? You want to continue with your failing and once more you will drive out Players from SWTOR! :mad:

How Long you will Monitor the state of the Game? How much you Need time to Monitor the state of the Game?

I tell you something i take one week to Monitor the State of Conquest now in SWTOR. And i and 97% of your playerbase know what is wrong!!! :rolleyes: So will you pay us that we are better then you in Monitoring?

What did you expect, they prove their inkompetence patch for patch there is nothing to monitor. May be they have a hidden agenda to drive out enough players to shut down the game.

What did you expect, they prove their inkompetence patch for patch there is nothing to monitor. May be they have a hidden agenda to drive out enough players to shut down the game.

That's a distinct possibility. Could be why they're doing all these sales. It's a last ditch effort to show income for the quarter, and the sheep follow blindly along.