Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

EricMusco

The big problem with crafting for conquest now is the ability to farm the lower level mats in a timely manner in order to make all the war supplies for the invasion forces.

Grade 8 and Grade 9 mats farming was reasonable because of the concentrated small areas of mats on Yavin 4, Zakuul and Darvannis that had reasonable respawn times. You could make a decent route when farming your mats and by the time you came back around they were respawned. With the lower level grade mats, there are no concentrated areas of mats with reasonable respawn times. They are spread all over their respective planets. For example, Grade 7 mats are on Makeb, CZ-198 and Oricon. CZ-198 and Oricon are too sparse to even consider farming and with Makeb, they are spread out amongst all the mesas. Will take forever to farm that crap. The only mats that are "farmable" at lower levels are the ones you can harvest from defeated droids and creatures while doing heroics and that leaves out the archaeology mats. And good luck traveling all over each planet to find enough nodes to make enough war supplies and invasion forces. Unless new areas of concentrated mats for each grade are introduced in the game, I will no longer be farming and crafting for conquest purposes (and that is after I spent 100s of millions of credits a few months ago to level up influence on 8 companions for each of my crafters and harvesters.) I feel like I flushed those credits down the toilet now.

Anyway, you should think long and hard how this is going to affect the people who farmed and crafted for conquest purposes (not to mention how it will affect GTN prices for those who just farm and sell the mats, which I don't do.) If the new schematics remain, then think about adding in concentrated areas of mats on each of the low planets so that it will be reasonable to farm all the grade mats necessary to make war supplies and invasion forces. We can no longer pre-craft and plan ahead (which is a good thing now,) since we won't know the schedule. So, at least make it reasonable that we can farm and craft some during the conquest weeks involving crafting.

Edited by nootsie

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, it's just like Command levels all over again - screw it up totally then spend 12 months pretending to half fix it.

Not good enough, not even close to the same galaxy as good enough.

All The Best

Based on your sig, be of good cheer. Soon enough, you'll have no worries.

Also as several other people have said please address the bugs also. One guild member did the Gree event on 10 char in one day. I was able to get 2 in before all mine said completed. My wife completed it Tuesday and Wed was unable to do it on any char. According to the icons this was a daily repeatable. But you are not differentiating between completable once per day per legacy or once per day per character. Please mark them different. And if you are trying to help small guilds conquest make them repeatable per character. Small guilds rely on alts to get into the top 10 (old system) or make the required points in the new one.

Too little, too late.

Your proposed changes are not enough and half of them will come too late to fix this mess.

You're trying to slap a bandaid on a gut wound here.

The underlying issue isn't being addressed.... what stops large guilds from going after small planets?

I wrote quite a long post in the previous thread about this, maybe look that up, it might give you an idea...

I knew BioWare wouldn't listen, they never do. There's always this mentality of "We know better", as if gamers who played dozens of MMOs and hundreds of games in general had no valid opinion on game design.

I keep reading about upcoming changes, (possibly next week). The thing is, this is a situation that needs to be resolved immediately, and next week is the final straw for many of us. I already unsubbed and in two weeks it will have run out. If by that time the group content is still completely dead because of current conquest changes, I'll only be one of many flocking to greener pastures. So when I read, "possibly next week," as a disclaimer after every issue addressed, that isn't good enough.

SWTOR in its current state is bleeding players anyways. We enjoy playing the game but acknowledge that the content drought is unacceptable but don't really know what other games to play, so we do conquest and the daily grind in SWTOR because it's just something to do. With conquest changes that daily time sink is gone so people realize that SWTOR doesn't have much left to offer. Every server is comprised of the same old faces doing the same old content. Every player lost has a domino effect. It would take an incredible commitment to creating new and engaging content to bring those players back and revitalize the community.

So with snail paced content and no rewarding daily grind, what's there to stick around for? That's the question the devs should be answering. They can't control that their shareholders have their hands tied as far as content release. So the developers primary goals in lack of content should be damage control, making a bad situation less bad, by making what content they do have to work with as engaging as possible to the most amount of people.

No icon = once per legacy per week.

Blue icon = Once per day per character, not counting bugs that allow a few of them to be completed multiple times.

That may be the intent, it is certainly not working that way for me. I would like an official BioWare clarification on this so that I can write up bug tickets properly.

Also, it's a significant difference to those of us who enjoy getting Conquest on alts; it's frustrating to not have a clear idea of what is intended vs. bugged rewards.

After all the unsubbing threads, I'm looking forward to the "I'm resubbing..." threads.

Wait...

:p

He has me through at least next week. Depending on the point values and alt feasability, this might be good enough. The big sticking point for me wqs unspammble group content.

Eric,

One thing I didn't see addressed in your post was which behavior of the blue repeatable objectives is a bug. Is it supposed to be once per character per day or once per legacy per day?

Because you used the same symbols as the new Activities window, once per character per day makes sense, but that's not consistently what it's doing. It's just really hard to tell what the intended behavior is as it stands. If it's once per character per day, that addresses about 90% of the legacy/alt concerns.

Can you elaborate on the intended meaning?

Good question, Flashpoints are in that list as well. Basically, here are the Objectives that should be consistent for content in every Conquest:

• Group Finder: Operations
  • Group Finder: Flashpoints
  • PvP: Participation and Winning
  • GSF: Participation and Winning

It was a bug that this wasn't the case for the Gree Conquest. Let me find out the details on if this is an issue with other Conquests or not and if it is, when it will be addressed.

-eric

Why is participation in PVP but not in PVE?

You need participants to succeed. You need participants to even play. That works for both areas of play.

Whats the reasoning of excluding PVE activity of participation when like PVP, you cannot do it without encouraging others to do it?

Well, I wanna say thanks for the yellow post. I wished this would have been done a week before the patch.

(...)Conquests are meant to be an activity that someone can work on throughout the week as they play the game. (...)

I would like to remind you that this is a game. If you want me to WORK throughout the week, you have to pay me salary. I pay you for this game. I refuse to WORK for this game. I don't want to feel pressure or having to worry whether I will reach my conquest goal or not. It's supposed to be a fun bonus and an extra reward for content you can otherwise also play without the conquest system. It's not the end game. It's a bonus game within the game. (A very much liked bonus game by many.)

I would also like to request going back to a fixed conquest schedule. If there are so different conquests from now on, I wouldn't want to have to rely on luck to get a conquest week I like when I - for example - have a holiday week or so and thus more time to play. The conquest from this week is to my disliking, for example. I'm not sure that I want to do it again, unless it leads me to conquer one of the few remaining planets.

On top of that or as an alternative: I would like to know upfront what missions there will be coming next week. Sure, in 2 months or so, Dulfy's has covered everything, but it would be nicer to have it in the game. Could you make a preview-window for the upcoming conquest, so that I already know if the week will be something for me?

Also, just wanted to run some supply numbers at you. If you start with no War Supplies and you want to make 1 invasion each day for five days on 4 crafters (20 total here) You will need the following mats

(...)

This comes to a total of 5200 items to be farmed. Just wanted to throw that out there as you look at the Crafting piece.

Also adding another bit about the daily/weekly Flashpoints as well.

I can already say that I will not craft for conquest anymore under the current circumstances. This is just insane.

Oh also you seem to be entirely ignorant of how really big guilds select their invasion targets. These guilds are mostly conquest guilds (like Wardens of the Republic on Malgus) and they select the planets that their members need for titles. Rewards have nothing to do with that at all, nor point goals. They will go for small, medium and large yield all the time, depending on their rotation, not your idea of interesting rewards (hint: they're not).

^^this!

For no icon, is that once per week per legacy, or each character, or is that a mix? If it is a mix, please provide another symbol to clarify. I guess same question for the daily repeatable, if there is any daily repeatable stuff thats only daily for the legacy (not char) it should have its own symbol.

side note: I'd like to see only whats available to a character, not whats already "completed".

For the blue and no icon items: is that repeatable/once per week PER LEGACY, or per character?

No icon = once per legacy per week.

Blue icon = Once per day per character, not counting bugs that allow a few of them to be completed multiple times.

This needs a thorough explanation immediately. The legacy vs. character question is crucial for many players. I have honestly no idea what is correct and what is not.

To finish with something positive: The new threshold numbers sound reasonable.

Edited by JattaGin

Change the point system back for the individual conquest goal. This allows the individual player to be rewarded for playing their multiple characters, instead of having to choose 2-3 characters to focus on per week. I also did not have a problem with the consistency of conquest objectives from week to week. Why change that? Just have more "unique" objectives that are added in for the special aspects of each conquest theme.

However, this is how you make it more fair for the guilds...

The guild points will be calculated based upon a factor of number of accounts and members. Also, ALL planets will be available at each of the yield tiers. Guilds may only compete at the yield level they qualify to be under based on their member/account factor, or any tier above that level.

How do you determine the factor for small, medium, or large guilds? Use the analytics on the server. From the active conquest guilds, analyze the member to account ratio and how the servers are broken up. Then see where each tier will shake out, in order to balance the numbers. Basically, less than 30 accounts and 150 characters (5 characters/account) could be a "small" guild. A medium guild could be 31-100 accounts and 151-500 members (5 characters/account). A large guild would be anything over that. That is just a starting suggestion. Use the analytics to see where the median character to account numbers are across the server.

MAKE SURE EVERYONE ON THAT SERVER UNDERSTANDS WHERE THE DIFFERENT THRESHOLDS FOR GUILD SIZE ARE SET. If a guild goes over or under the thresholds through the course of the conquest week, they can go UP a tier, but NOT down. If characters start the week in the guild or join during the week, their roster value keeps them on for the duration of the conquest. Even if they leave the guild (or get kicked) during the week. That would help to avoid sandbagging and also make member recruitment/management an issue instead of just blindly recruiting numbers then booting people once a guild has their points on the board.

In regards to how each individual member contributes points to each of the guilds based on the size of the guild, here is a starting suggestion. Small guilds will be at a 100% transfer rate from personal to guild points, medium guilds can be at 90% transfer rate from personal to guild points, and large can be at a 80% transfer rate from personal points to the guild points. Or whatever the analytics suggest.

Those are just humble suggestions.

Edited by SithScorp
Grammar

Deleted previous.

So if it was a bug that FP's and the repeatables weren't in this this week, why didn't you just come out and say that? Why all the "we want feedback" and "we hear you" nonsense?

^ Exactly if it's a bug come out and say it.

Why is participation in PVP but not in PVE?

You need participants to succeed. You need participants to even play. That works for both areas of play.

Whats the reasoning of excluding PVE activity of participation when like PVP, you cannot do it without encouraging others to do it?

What do you mean? Points for attempting a boss?

If thats the case, i assume because. By definition, pvp involves having a losing team. Not being able to "win" against a boss is pure incompetence. And yes ill admit it, I'm incompetent at defeating NiM bosses as a dps because my dps isnt that amazing.

Fix these next week and you save my subscription.

As I asked in a previous post, that probably got overlooked since it was edited in:

If it was a bug that these repeatables weren't included, why did you wait 3 days to inform us instead of this nonsense about "give us your feedback" and "we hear your concerns" when those concerns were voiced 3 days ago? You could've saved people a lot of headache had you just told us ON TUESDAY AFTER THE PATCH that it was a bug.

You need to pass this to your superiors: Stop being so cryptic and own up to your mistakes. It'll create a better relationship with your customers/player base.

If I could like 1 million times I would!

After all the unsubbing threads, I'm looking forward to the "I'm resubbing..." threads.

Wait...

Don't hold your breath. I'm still not convinced enough to resub.

Also, something that's a concern is will the daily/weekly activities (FPs and PvP) going to be repeatable on alts or if they'll be one-off achievements?

Oh, and cutting the personal to 15k isn't enough unless doing the daily + weekly FP and PvP + maybe a few heroics if needed can complete the personal goal. Give us baseline numbers, not what they would be at 150% stronghold bonus.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Hey Keith and Eric !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude Really If you wanna just kill the game the rest of the way just pull the plug on it and stop just making everyone upset and making them all leave the game AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didn't we all loose enough friends to other games last time this kind of stuff happened.... most of which are still playing the "other game" with the mediocre graphics.

BTW before 5.0 there where MANY! times the people playing this game i bet that number is somewhere.

But go ahead and continue not listening to us and pissing on all of our legs while you tell us how great things are going

Crafting schematics that are gone

Ridiculous amount of mats to make an invasion force and the low price you give in conquest for donating them ?

over a million credits in crafting mats for a small 500 points towards conquest

not to mention taking the old dark project schematic and sneaking the new crafting mat into the formula on the newer one.

pvp issues are a small group of whiners as far as I'm concerned that have controlled more in this game than should be allowed [my tune isn't performing as good as another WAAAAA!!!!!!!! ]

some players just know their tunes better than you get over it.

its pvp your gonna get killed at some point

all the price hikes not mentioned in any notes and you guys know what they all are

try taking a piece out of any gear latley anyone?

among other things.

"we thought you were here to save the game Keith not leave it in ruin!!!!!"

If need be sure but I can think of a couple ways that participation can be rewarded in PVE.

If thats the case, i assume because. By definition, pvp involves having a losing team.

PVE can involve a losing team as well. The whole raid team can fail or win at an OPS. Happen all the time.

Not being able to "win" against a boss is pure incompetence.

Not entirely true but acceptable enough. You can lose PVP and PVe though incompotence. We see it all the time in both areas. However, it's still a participation effort or it doesn't get played at all. Just like PVP.

No reason to not reward PVE efforts just like PVP even if you cannot win. Sometimes it's one person that makes the other 7 fail. They should be rewarded for their efforts even if htey don't win. Just like PVP.

Wait...

If I had unsubed. I wouldn't resub for that garbage yellow post.

That does very little to make conquest into an acceptable venture just yet. Too much wait and see.

Edited by Quraswren

If thats the case, i assume because. By definition, pvp involves having a losing team. Not being able to "win" against a boss is pure incompetence. And yes ill admit it, I'm incompetent at defeating NiM bosses as a dps because my dps isnt that amazing.

The cq reward could be for lasting some time with a boss, if it's important to pve-ers to have pve participation conquest objectives. Perhaps lasting until boss enrages? Something not spammable, and more time consuming than actually trying to kill the boss, maybe. After all, if you've lasted that long, you've practically done the op. I don't think something like this would compete and interfere with actually killing a boss and getting drops and cxp and stuff.

This is pure theory, not even a suggestion at this point, though, in the middle of all this fubar mess.