Combating Credit Inflation, increase tax of GTN? Patch Notes.

SaerethDL

To assist in combating credit inflation, the Galactic Trade Network’s tax rate has been increased to 8% (up from 6%)

Can someone explain to me how this is going to combat inflation? I'm just going to make my items on the gtn cost higher to combat that increased tax rate man. :confused:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All it does is mess up those who are already struggling for credits by making it more difficult to sell items for reasonable value.

Useful consumables or fun consumables for credits off venders has a better chance at helping.

- examples

* Temporary character flare buffs like the snow flakes at christmas time. There could be butterflies or sparkles on feet when you run, lightning crackling on finger tips, music notes, musical instruments that lets you play a sw song and so on. 30 min buff flare 5k a piece or whatever.

* Temporary RP animations buffs.

* Different types of fireworks to put on a good show.

* Temporary 'toys'. Juke boxes that play music. Pretty dance lights that hover above characters or around their feet. Tons of possible options and keeps rpers happy at the same time.

* Temporary holographic pets.

More armor sets for appearances at high cred costs and other such items have a better chance of helping.

More decor on vendors has a better chance of helping.

Those things target the people who already have a butt load of credits. Increases to gtn they wont blink at but little guys cop the dmg from it.

Edited by Suzsi

It helps because it will straight up remove an additional 2% of the price of any items sold on the gtn. For small purchases, it won't do a lot, but for a purchase of 50 million credits, that's a million extra credits removed.

Shrug, I agree that cool consumables or decos would probably serve the purpose better, but this will help inflation at least a little bit.

Bioware can't into economics. This is not how you combat inflation, you'll only hurt "normal" players who'll need to deal with higher prices as people will adjust them for the new tax.

Why aren't you introducing credit sinks that were suggested so many times before in form of a vendor that sells attractive and desirable cosmetic items? You know what I'd blow 500 mil on? A flair that shows that I have no life and I am in the 1%. And an armor set to accompany it. And make that stuff boe and rotate every month or so.

There are many other forms decent credit sinks can take a form. Why not allow people to convert credits into CC every now and then?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

It helps because it will straight up remove an additional 2% of the price of any items sold on the gtn. For small purchases, it won't do a lot, but for a purchase of 50 million credits, that's a million extra credits removed.

Shrug, I agree that cool consumables or decos would probably serve the purpose better, but this will help inflation at least a little bit.

but doesn't it inflate the prices, because at 6% i'll sell it for 50 mil, and at 8% tax i'll sell it for 52 million.. I don't see how the consumer wins?

but doesn't it inflate the prices, because at 6% i'll sell it for 50 mil, and at 8% tax i'll sell it for 52 million.. I don't see how the consumer wins?

Now this is just a video game. You have people in the government who don't have this basic understanding of economics running your countries. :mad:

Best vender credit sink they have now is the artifact companion gifts I personally deleted over 10m credits myself, they need more consumable items for credits in game x a lot also I think they need to look at all gear prices for sale on fleet they have all of the mods from 10-65 extremely cheap. I honestly think that forget all the Jawa Junk and all forms of alternative currency aside from Credits or CC that way they can delete more credits also leave the GTN tax alone a better idea is let us unlock collection gear/items with credits base line 60CC can be worth 6m for an item, 240cc 24m

400cc 40m and finally 600cc 60m then watch all the acumelated credits sink faster than a rock in the ocean Lol!

Best vender credit sink they have now is the artifact companion gifts I personally deleted over 10m credits myself, they need more consumable items for credits in game x a lot also I think they need to look at all gear prices for sale on fleet they have all of the mods from 10-65 extremely cheap. I honestly think that forget all the Jawa Junk and all forms of alternative currency aside from Credits or CC that way they can delete more credits also leave the GTN tax alone a better idea is let us unlock collection gear/items with credits base line 60CC can be worth 6m for an item, 240cc 24m

400cc 40m and finally 600cc 60m then watch all the acumelated credits sink faster than a rock in the ocean Lol!

Need something more and better than that. Personally I don't give two cent about companions. Level 15 or so is enough to do anything solo apart from the insane Master Mode chapters. I'd be more than willing to pay for cosmetic items I can show off to others comparable with what we get from cartel market. :l Similar credit sink was in the game and it was a time-limited thing when the vendor sold insanely rare and expensive korrealis mounts as well as white crystals.

Need something more and better than that. Personally I don't give two cent about companions. Level 15 or so is enough to do anything solo apart from the insane Master Mode chapters. I'd be more than willing to pay for cosmetic items I can show off to others comparable with what we get from cartel market. :l Similar credit sink was in the game and it was a time-limited thing when the vendor sold insanely rare and expensive korrealis mounts as well as white crystals.

Glad you don’t care about leveling your companions past lvl 15 for PvE however for crafting a lvl 50 Pet has it’s time to complete missions or items reduced by 75% and it’s Crit chance increased by 25% and with the cost of mats for crafting those Crits are important as well as the increased speed...

Glad you don’t care about leveling your companions past lvl 15 for PvE however for crafting a lvl 50 Pet has it’s time to complete missions or items reduced by 75% and it’s Crit chance increased by 25% and with the cost of mats for crafting those Crits are important as well as the increased speed...

You don't need more than 8 companions if you're going for power crafting ( i don't use more than 3 maxed per crafting character) and even by that time you'll have a ton of gifts from galactic command and cheaper options on gtn.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

They could rise the deposit higher like 8% but DO NOT REFUND if the item did not sell after the time expired.

If seller keep rise the price they will lose more their own money and broke if they keep losing the deposit credit.

I knew 1 game I played before did that to keep the price on auction house in control and it works.

You don't need more than 8 companions if you're going for power crafting ( i don't use more than 3 maxed per crafting character) and even by that time you'll have a ton of gifts from galactic command and cheaper options on gtn.

You can’t exclude preferred players out of this equation though. They are capped at 3 Companions forever being able to run missions and are only able to make one item at a time and can’t queue any. As much as people like to admit they are against free players or preferred they need to have that vender. Preferred players spend money probably a lot more because they get double hit everywhere. So you see my point when they can only buy max 35 companion gifts at a time and wait until something sells or they farm it. Some people enjoy playing with different capped companions...

Yeah you only need 3 but 4 is nice so you can keep those three running missions and a 4th while your out doing the things you like to do. I know I seem edgy but not everyone plays under the same self made rules as others seem to tote a lot on these forums. Yeah I seen the white crystal vender I played during that time. They need to also bring back the payment for skills too or did you all forget that 1 skill at level 50 was about 50k each? :)

I'm not sure how this is going to help either...Maybe it's just me being slow.:o

You're not slow, it is not helping at all, it will just make prices for ( let's say) bronze items go even higher. Pay 5 mil credits for a bronze rating cannon, how is that normal? :(

This is a good step in the right direction to handle the credit inflation, hopefully, this is followed by increased repair costs and/or a reduction of credit gain from quests and other content The amount of credits that is circulating today and maybe most importantly, how quickly you can gain them is really ruining the economy.

This is a good step in the right direction to handle the credit inflation, hopefully, this is followed by increased repair costs and/or a reduction of credit gain from quests and other content The amount of credits that is circulating today and maybe most importantly, how quickly you can gain them is really ruining the economy.

Did you take into account people who buy credits from third parties, people who exploit and don't get caught (or successfully laundered before getting "caught"), and/or people who buy CC items for the express purpose of converting to credits on the GTN?

Increasing repair costs and reducing credit gains through questing hurts the people who are actually playing the game rather than the ******* who are actually responsible for the inflation. And taxing the GTN higher is going to also hurt those who are playing honestly by crafting/gathering.

Can someone explain to me how this is going to combat inflation? I'm just going to make my items on the gtn cost higher to combat that increased tax rate man. :confused:

First rule of business.. Pass on all costs to consumers. I'll be doing the same, in fact it will probably higher because I normally round up.

I don't do a lot on the GTN anyway only small one time purchases here and there. I'm certainly Not trying to take over like a Wall Street thing or whatever here. If this is simply going to make the already exorbitant prices just go even higher then I'll be infact "Less Likely" to buy anything from the GTN. When I first read the notes I wasn't sure how that would help and now reading this thread it seems it really doesn't.

I don't do a lot on the GTN anyway only small one time purchases here and there. I'm certainly Not trying to take over like a Wall Street thing or whatever here. If this is simply going to make the already exorbitant prices just go even higher then I'll be infact "Less Likely" to buy anything from the GTN. When I first read the notes I wasn't sure how that would help and now reading this thread it seems it really doesn't.

It sucks that even a subscriber won't use the GTN, I agree prices are pretty silly. But at Level 70 it pretty much rains credits. What gets me though and this might be a one man show fighting for the underdog in a boxing match, but how many people can account for GTN perchases that are not being made because a large part of the community can't perchase anything with a 200k - 350k lock down?

Cartel items on a lot of things over 2-3m turn over is sometimes extremely slow, makes me think 1. Subscribers have what they need and won't pay those prices. 2. Free players want the items but are capped.

So here is my overal question. Who is buying the unlocks and items if preferred or free can't? And with a lot of the comunity locked out what's making more money for EA? Cartel items or subscriptions?? Does anyone have info on this?

Here on the forums a very small but vocal group has advocated credit sinks to point of wanting to add repair costs to pvp matches. Past credit inflation was due to Bioware incurred vendor stack exploits. Now it is due to converting cartel coins to credits via auctioning of direct sale rare gear.

5.8's update is the latest in a succession of balance slicing we first saw last summer which had each class get slight reductions from their abilities. The fact each class got their abilities shaved slightly did not bother me as much as it was mainly one class - merc/mando which was allowed to run rampant for almost a year - that needed the nerf.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Another thing I am curious about, how many people new or returning come back give the game a try and "if" the like it subscribe or the flip side can't justify paying a subscription fee and get to the point with all the transactions are run off because it eats up there money? People who have played from the start can get by pretty easily... New players not so much.

Bioware can't into economics. This is not how you combat inflation, you'll only hurt "normal" players who'll need to deal with higher prices as people will adjust them for the new tax.

Why aren't you introducing credit sinks that were suggested so many times before in form of a vendor that sells attractive and desirable cosmetic items? You know what I'd blow 500 mil on? A flair that shows that I have no life and I am in the 1%. And an armor set to accompany it. And make that stuff boe and rotate every month or so.

There are many other forms decent credit sinks can take a form. Why not allow people to convert credits into CC every now and then?

Or, you could put those credits into finally making good on your "offer" from another thread.

Just a thought.