How much have you spent on swtor?

vingmotor

I spend the Monthly Fee for a subscription, that's it. Every *Once in a great while, Rarely something comes up for "Direct Sale" in the C.M. then if I like or need it I'll buy some coins but that's it. Buying the Packs for whatever big item that's advertised is like Vegas and seemingly even worse odds.

Only buy CC if the item selling on GTN for 100 Millions LMAO.

I do buy off items from GTN for 30~50 millions but 100 millions is too much for me to farm :D

Now I pretty much have most items that I wanted on collection so I stopped buying CC, only pay for monthly sub! I'm using monthly CC reward for being sub to buy thing now.

Edited by Xbladez

Let's see...I've been playing since the beginning of 2013*, and looking at my account history, I've spent about 40 dollars CDN, total. That's about 31 dollars American. But most of that I've spent in the last three months, and I'll be spending an equivalent amount for the amazon 90 day bundle when this runs out. I'm currently sitting on about 2800 CCs, but I'll be using a good chunk of that to buy CXP boosts on the CM to turn around and sell.

*I never stopped playing for any longer than a month.

Edited by Ardrossan

Lets see. I started playing when RotHC launched. only been unsubbed for..maybe 5 months all together.

So 2013 April. So thats about 5 years. Round down to a total of 4.5 years I have played. Thats about 54 months.

54 x 15$= 810$

Then add maybe $20 a month for cartel coins for about 2 years ( stopped after they cut the amount of stuff in the packs and messed with RNG) so about $480.

So maybe a little over $1,200.

Not that bad..

Could be worse.

Like my bar tab or recreational stuff over that course of time..

jesus dude that is a car note for some people, lmao.

Well in my defense I spent a crap ton trying to get that revered master's set.. Like I said I didn't realize it was quite that bad.. But I have a good job, disposable income.. Not wasting it at a bar, so... ;)

Let's see...I've been playing since the beginning of 2013*, and looking at my account history, I've spent about 40 dollars CDN, total. That's about 31 dollars American. But most of that I've spent in the last three months, and I'll be spending an equivalent amount for the amazon 90 day bundle when this runs out. I'm currently sitting on about 2800 CCs, but I'll be using a good chunk of that to buy CXP boosts on the CM to turn around and sell.

*I never stopped playing for any longer than a month.

I take it you haven't been subbed for long if you've only payed 31 dollars since 2013, that is just 2-3 months worth of sub.

Been paying a 6month sub since launch so that's $936 then at one point a few years ago they had a super sale: 5000CC for $20...I jumped at it. So all told $956.

That said, the better question is if SWTOR (or any other MMO you subscribe to) did not exist would you have spent that money anyway on other video games? I know I would have spent easily double that on other games, so the fact that I subscribe to an MMO in fact curbs my spending on video games.

Monthly sub only plus whatever we spent on so called expansions.

I get enough free coins a month to get the market things I want so I've never had to purchase extra. The amount is a bit lower now with people leaving but it's still enough to do what I need without spending more. Been here since launch.

Edited by Quraswren

I just added up all of my cartel coin purchases since November 2012.

My cartel coin purchases total $19,713.85.

Ok so see.. You're close to my average.. and that number just seems insane to me.. I'm going to have to go to AA or something.. sheesh.

$1150 on Cartel Coins (including the KotFE Amazon Packs).

Subscription, I cannot check, because that page (payment history) does not work for me, it only shows page 1 of 5, the pagination does not work, and choosing to list 25 or 50 items doesn't work either.

Being a sub on and off since launch, so I estimate being a sub around half of the time, that would equal to around $570.

So there, $ 1720.

Not as bad as I expected.

Edited by Galahard

I just added up all of my cartel coin purchases since November 2012.

My cartel coin purchases total $19,713.85.

No offense but you should really look for professional help. This is not normal, and it doesn't matter if you can easily afford it or not because it is just a matter of gambling addiction or addiction in general.

Edited by Khaleg

No offense but you should really look for professional help. This is not normal, and it doesn't matter if you can easily afford it or not because it is just a matter of gambling addiction or addiction in general.

I disagree, that poster is spending it on entertainment. It's no different from people spending it on going to the nightclub every weekend and buying drinks for girls who they don't really know!

Some people go out to eat every week, celebrities buy bags that cost half of that and have a 100 more.

If said person does have an addiction, she may or may not be ready to seek for help. Or her spending behaviour is not an addiction at all.

While it's unusual to see people spending that much, I wouldn't say it's abnormal. How do you think these game companies make money? Especially with the lootbox craze.

It always makes me irk when people tell others to seek help, maybe she/he has, if there's a need for it.

Edited by Eshvara

I disagree, that poster is spending it on entertainment. It's no different from people spending it on going to the nightclub every weekend and buying drinks for girls who they don't really know!

Some people go out to eat every week, celebrities buy bags that cost half of that and have a 100 more.

If said person does have an addiction, she may or may not be ready to seek for help. Or her spending behaviour is not an addiction at all.

While it's unusual to see people spending that much, I wouldn't say it's abnormal. How do you think these game companies make money? Especially with the lootbox craze.

It always makes me irk when people tell others to seek help, maybe she/he has, if there's a need for it.

While I question your absurd comparison with going out or even eating I can of course answer your question at the end:

They make money, more specifically absurd profits, with meaningless and cheap (for them) pixels from addicted and/or stupid people. Some people ruin themselves with this crap and you and the companies celebrate. Recklessness and ignorance is not bliss. This is not fun. I can easily afford this too but again, that doesn't matter. Not even speaking about that there are a million more meaningful and useful ways to spend this money, maybe helping causes, but it is just insane and way off to spend 400 bucks a month for game that does not even deliver enough content for the 15 bucks monthly fee if we all wouldn't like Star Wars, also while whole offline game titles cost not more than 100 bucks total.

In most cases like this there is an addiction involved which is always combined with losing track, completely. The other poster with this insane way off spending even comfirms this.

Edited by Khaleg

While I question your absurd comparison with going out or even eating I can of course answer your question at the end:

They make money, more specifically absurd profits, with meaningless and cheap (for them) pixels from addicted and/or stupid people. Some people ruin themselves with this crap and you and the companies celebrate. Recklessness and ignorance is not bliss. This is not fun. I can easily afford this too but again, that doesn't matter. Not even speaking about that there are a million more meaningful and useful ways to spend this money, maybe helping causes, but it is just insane and way off to spend 400 bucks a month for game that does not even deliver enough content for the 15 bucks monthly fee if we all wouldn't like Star Wars, also while whole offline game titles cost not more than 100 bucks total.

In most cases like this there is an addiction involved which is always combined with losing track, completely. The other poster with this insane way off spending even comfirms this.

What's meaningful to you, does not mean it is to another. I don't see why you have to call people who choose to spend money on whatever they please stupid or absurd.

There was a time I spent a lot of money on online gaming as I did not have or did do much in my life due to personal issues. While I wish it could have been different, it made me able to deal with my situation as I had something to keep me occupied. I hardly spend money on cosmetics in game anymore, but I don't judge those who do. I don't know their situation and neither do you. You're incredibly insensitive towards people you have no clue about.

That aside, to people who don't game at all, we're the ridiculous ones for even spending a dime on something that they perceive as "not real"

Whether people choose to spend money on games, clubbing, the red light district, books or fancy clothes, it's their money and their choice.

And most of all, not any of your business.

Well Subscription since launch

Some Cartel coins..

but no where as near the amount so far I did in WOW running 4 accounts for 7 years

Nor do i see any reason to run more then 1 in swtor though i do know a guy who runs 8 and he has one hell of a set up.

he runs 26 accounts in WOW...

Now I have spent far far more money into other games because they were well worth it

Warthunder 4000 dollars and i only play it part time...still worth it

Mechwarrior online...lol EA wish i spent that kind of money on swtor..

Smiling how much I spent it on Mechs I have bought every single Mech bunch or pack.

It has to be over 10 grand and I only play that game part time.

Any game I feel deserves and is worth my money i will spend a lot on.

Those two games have replaced their engines more then twice to keep it looking incredible for the players

Because they and here is a word you do not here in SWTOR

CARE ABOUT THE PLAYERs... and they prove it no excuses given

World of Warships...well not to much but near a grand so far..

When i quit Rift and WOW to play swtor I kept paying Trion and Blizzard for a full year even though i didnt play anymore because they Deserved it... That wont happen here though...EA deserves nothing.

Len