Some Date Updates!

KeithKanneg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i got few questions:

1) You still in need, so cant hire good IT-folks (like in 2011)? Bring us more Cartel stuff so we can support you more (maybe).

2) Are you going to shake that "casualAF" SWTOR and give us something really awesome? Or we gonna face only CM reskins and 1 boss per few months (+ 1 hour's story)?

3) And since i pay sub from pre-launch in 2011 and never canceled it, would you tell me when you gotta close SWTOR (lack of end-game content, bad quality patches, community is leaving) so i can cancel right before it?

Thankies! :)

So i got few questions:

1) You still in need, so cant hire good IT-folks (like in 2011)? Bring us more Cartel stuff so we can support you more (maybe).

2) Are you going to shake that "casualAF" SWTOR and give us something really awesome? Or we gonna face only CM reskins and 1 boss per few months (+ 1 hour's story)?

3) And since i pay sub from pre-launch in 2011 and never canceled it, would you tell me when you gotta close SWTOR (lack of end-game content, bad quality patches, community is leaving) so i can cancel right before it?

Thankies! :)

same bro

I was reading through the thread thinking of something snarky and mean to say when I read Keith's response to a post. What did he say, it it doesn't matter. What I remembered was Keith and Eric and all the people working at Bioware and EA are human beings. We owe them all the dignity that goes along with that. Dignity is a big word that when applied to humans means we have an obligation to say and do the right thing, the moral thing toward them. It doesn't matter that they "can take it or it comes with the job". We owe them much better. Think before we speak and if we have nothing moral to say don't say it. Its offensive in many ways.

Revenge of the Revanites, I will get it added to the sticky.

-eric

So...um...bummer

I haven't even logged in yet and seeing the posts that what is in game isn't what you said it would be.

I was excited about it being Revenge of the Revanites. There was a certain symmetry with having that, the last one I need for the Galaxy Conqueror title be the last scheduled invasion before the new system starts.

I was reading through the thread thinking of something snarky and mean to say when I read Keith's response to a post. What did he say, it it doesn't matter. What I remembered was Keith and Eric and all the people working at Bioware and EA are human beings. We owe them all the dignity that goes along with that. Dignity is a big word that when applied to humans means we have an obligation to say and do the right thing, the moral thing toward them. It doesn't matter that they "can take it or it comes with the job". We owe them much better. Think before we speak and if we have nothing moral to say don't say it. Its offensive in many ways.

The problem here is that we as gamers haven't been treated like people either.

Money grabbing, deliberate time sinks, releasing exclusive content people paid for as free gifts, not delivering fully on promises (where's our 3rd set of chapters?), baiting people with crafty wording to spend more, then under delivering.

I'm sorry, but that's not right to do to anyone... and they need to stop.

I'm done trusting it will be better... they need to actually DO IT instead of promising and blowing smoke while they release something way less than promised that we need to deal with and make sense of.

I'd really like to see the Pod People companion issue addressed. Yep, bringing it up again before it gets lost in the thread. I don't expect any miracle, I imagine it's not a high priority compared to some things. Still, it would be nice be super nice to have the topic addressed. Even if you can't fix it right away, it would alleviate concerns to know you are looking into it, or that you know why it's an issue. Knowing what the problem is, is the first step in fixing it.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on the status of Game Updates 5.8 and 5.9. After reviewing our internal test results along with the feedback we’ve received from the players on our Public Test Server (PTS), we decided release 5.8 is not ready and needs a bit more time to make the necessary adjustments. The new targeted release date for 5.8 is now a week later on Tuesday, March 20, 2018. This additional time will help ensure we deliver a quality experience with Izax, the final Boss encounter for Gods from the Machine.

Also, while I have your attention, this means we will also move the release of Game Update 5.9 one additional week, too. We were planning to release 5.9 on April 24th, but the new date will be Tuesday, May 1, 2018.

Thanks all,

--Keith-

Since your post is not "stickied" can one of you with yellow text forum powers please update the dev post in the Winter/Spring Roadmap thread with the updated dates? The wrong dates are giving my OCD OCD!!! Thanks.

The "Pod People" issue isn't Game Breaking and I do understand they're stretched thin trying to put out content enough to keep customers *However* the Companions issue has been going since midway through KotFE. This issue was sorta Slapped in the amount of attention the previous reunions received and their returning *Damaged just inflames that even more. This really is more a drastic word then I typically would use but the state of the companions thus far is just Shoddy work. Just *Return them to what they were. Without that aspect SWTOR is about the same as any other.

The "Pod People" issue isn't Game Breaking and I do understand they're stretched thin trying to put out content enough to keep customers *However* the Companions issue has been going since midway through KotFE. This issue was sorta Slapped in the amount of attention the previous reunions received and their returning *Damaged just inflames that even more. This really is more a drastic word then I typically would use but the state of the companions thus far is just Shoddy work. Just *Return them to what they were. Without that aspect SWTOR is about the same as any other.

I agree, while companion returns may not be game breaking, the treatment of their returns has been getting increasingly disappointing and it's a concern players have been voicing for years. Care and effort needs to go into every companion return. Every companion should get something special as a return, and they should work properly once they're back. I'm not insisting on an immediate fix, but it would go a long way, at least for me, to know that the team is aware of the issue and willing to put some time into figuring out how to fix it.

I agree, while companion returns may not be game breaking, the treatment of their returns has been getting increasingly disappointing and it's a concern players have been voicing for years. Care and effort needs to go into every companion return. Every companion should get something special as a return, and they should work properly once they're back. I'm not insisting on an immediate fix, but it would go a long way, at least for me, to know that the team is aware of the issue and willing to put some time into figuring out how to fix it.

KALIYO got a commemorative statue. Vector gets a post script.

They need to do A LOT to make up for the garbage they've been pulling with the companions who aren't Therlanarcann.

Edited by AngFour

KALIYO got a commemorative statue. Vector gets a post script.

They need to do A LOT to make up for the garbage they've been pulling with the companions who aren't Therlanarcann.

I really want a Vector statue. I mean, I feel Vector would be horrified by it, but I still want it. I like Theron, redeemed Arcann and I get along, but Lana and I are not a good combination. I find myself picking fights with her in almost every conversation.

Devs, can you please fix the companions and treat them equally?

I really want a Vector statue. I mean, I feel Vector would be horrified by it, but I still want it. I like Theron, redeemed Arcann and I get along, but Lana and I are not a good combination. I find myself picking fights with her in almost every conversation.

Devs, can you please fix the companions and treat them equally?

Me too, and I've been asking for a Malavai Quinn statue for like...forever. It's really unfair that they give everyone and their brother a statue, but not Quinn or Vector.

Me too, and I've been asking for a Malavai Quinn statue for like...forever. It's really unfair that they give everyone and their brother a statue, but not Quinn or Vector.

Torian missed out too. I was pretty upset about that, I think he was the first in return order to not get one. We got one for Shae instead that chapter, and then they started just not making companion ones after that I think.

Edited by Asmodesu

Torian missed out too. I was pretty upset about that, I think he was the first in return order to not get one. We got one for Shae instead that chapter, and then they started just not making companion ones after that I think.

Torian is my second favorite romance. I'd love a statue for him as well. I also want to be able to get Vector on all of my characters. I'd be fine just pulling him from the terminal for anyone who isn't an agent, but I really want him. I love that I can get Torian for my other toons. I need my lovebug too.

That's right, I knew there was a third one, and for the life of me, I couldn't remember. I think they should give statues for all the love interest companions at least and perhaps some for the more fascinating companions that aren't yet love interests too.

I find the amount of complaining about Bioware LISTENING TO PLAYER FEEDBACK from the PTS hilarious. ......

Little confused with this.

Didn't the PTS close in April a few years ago?

Is there some other hidden or non-Public "PTS" that I missed the announcement of? :rak_02:

Little confused with this.

Didn't the PTS close in April a few years ago?

Is there some other hidden or non-Public "PTS" that I missed the announcement of? :rak_02:

There is an invite-only PTS for testing new raid bosses that has been active since they started creating Gods from the Machine. There may or may not have been an announcement requesting that people who were interested apply, I don't remember... I just know it is only open to those who have been invited by Bioware.

That's right, I knew there was a third one, and for the life of me, I couldn't remember. I think they should give statues for all the love interest companions at least and perhaps some for the more fascinating companions that aren't yet love interests too.

Statues for all classic companions should really be a thing... especially when/if they died during KotFE/KotET (Vette has one, but not Torian, etc).

I would love to pay tribute in at least one of my strongholds to "my crew" that have been with me from "day 1".

This would be something cool to add to an existing vendor - like Dark vs. Light or perhaps the new Conquest vendor.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on the status of Game Updates 5.8 and 5.9. After reviewing our internal test results along with the feedback we’ve received from the players on our Public Test Server (PTS), we decided release 5.8 is not ready and needs a bit more time to make the necessary adjustments. The new targeted release date for 5.8 is now a week later on Tuesday, March 20, 2018. This additional time will help ensure we deliver a quality experience with Izax, the final Boss encounter for Gods from the Machine.

Also, while I have your attention, this means we will also move the release of Game Update 5.9 one additional week, too. We were planning to release 5.9 on April 24th, but the new date will be Tuesday, May 1, 2018.

Thanks all,

--Keith-

@Keith

Doesn't this earn us a double xp event? :) Note i didn't ask Eric

Statues for all classic companions should really be a thing... especially when/if they died during KotFE/KotET (Vette has one, but not Torian, etc).

I would love to pay tribute in at least one of my strongholds to "my crew" that have been with me from "day 1".

This would be something cool to add to an existing vendor - like Dark vs. Light or perhaps the new Conquest vendor.

All the way up to Torian's chapter we were getting the returned companion in statue form and I had started getting excited to collect them all for my sh.. and then they chose to stop making them suddenly :( I think they all should have one!