Some Date Updates!

KeithKanneg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for popping in here and addressing things, Keith. I'd very much like to hear some word from the team as to whether there is anything they can do to make sure the returned companions interact the way they used to. As Vector is my favorite companion in the game I don't want to run my agent past Shadow of Reven if it means trading original Vector for one that doesn't make crazy little comments as I run around various planet, or who's mouth doesn't move when I click him.

I mean, it's not something I'd drop a sub over, it just means keeping my favorite toons in a holding pattern so they don't lose companions who work properly. So, that does diminish my enjoyment of the game a little.

Thank you Duchess for bringing this up again. As another poster said, it's quite possible that some code got deleted somewhere that triggers the comments when fighting with them. It was bad enough that their mouths stopped moving when right clicking, but to lose ALL their comments is a real let down. It seems this occurred during the Corso, Risha, Andronikus returns. I will still run those toons through that already lost their companions, but this alone will prevent me from running any other toons/alts through.

Any word on when or if this will be fixed would be greatly appreciated.

I hope so, but it could also mean: we plan to not have an expansion.

Wouldn't the best thing be in that regard to not mention it at all?🤔

What nobody knows never happened! Or in this case, is never going to happen.:rak_02:

:rak_03:

I'm about to quote someone from a different thread who is in three words and if he lost 10 pounds would look AMAZING in a speedo...

1) Fab; 2) U; 3) Lous

CALIBRATE YOUR EXPECTATIONS!

I think it is fair to say over the past 15 months, I've been a (hopefully) positive member to this community. With that said...and I'm not ragging on Keith (though his discussion about butting heads for resources during the podcast was pure pablum / nonsense -- I sometimes wonder if he realizes that some of us have ourselves been in the business world).

It is easy to read too much into what he said to Tux. I go by what he said during the podcast...

Keith said it is preferable to release content in an iterated, but piecemeal fashion in order to avoid a huge content drought, bigger than the 'soft spot' we are currently experiencing.

In other words, I would expect 6.0 to probably have an intro story line and then a FP with the possibility of 1 Op boss. A few (maybe more) months later the same.

He all but said it will not be a grand expac in the way we traditionally conceptualize it.

Whether that is enough to keep you subbed or not is up to all of us to decide independently.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Keeping in mind what we've already seen as far as "Content", "Story" and "Amount" goes and trying to be "Realistic with our Expectations" I'm thinking a string of Copero, Reunion size and dragging these out throughout the year or longer. It may last two, three or thirty three installments but it wont be quick, sizable or *Chunks of new story adventures, just *Ongoing. At the pace they've already shown even a tiny story could last very long but altogether isn't much (Imagine RotHC drug out for a year). Edited by MikeCobalt

So are you replacing the conquest objective of the "spirit of cooperation" quest, which you've gotten rid of, with completing the Yavin 4 Daily Planetary objective one time, which is the same thing, but doesn't have the name anymore?

Keeping in mind what we've already seen as far as "Content", "Story" and "Amount" goes and trying to be "Realistic with our Expectations" I'm thinking a string of Copero, Reunion size and dragging these out throughout the year or longer. It may last two, three or thirty three installments but it wont be quick, sizable or *Chunks of new story adventures, just *Ongoing. At the pace they've already shown even a tiny story could last very long but altogether isn't much (Imagine RotHC drug out for a year).

Like if they released it 1 mesa every month or two, and never gave us Oricon, Dread Palace, Dread fortress, Galactic Starfighter, Stongholds, the 4 Flashpoints that lead up to the Shadow of Revan, and etc., while simultaneously working of Rishi, Yavin 4, Ravagers, Temple of Sacrifice and 2 new flashpoints, and etc.

I for the life of me can't understand why we should ever want more than we are currently receiving, lol. After all, Keith spoke, and he told us in the "Bad Feeling" podcast, that BioWare still has a sizeable crew working on SWTOR.

I sincerely *Hope its not that. Maybe these little *Bits they've been passing out is just a small team while their Main crew are putting together the next adventure; its a nice thought just I haven't seen, heard or read anything to indicate what's next will have more *Substance then what they've already shown. I Do Hope were all starting the next stage but realistically I'm not expecting anything Big.

Wouldn't the best thing be in that regard to not mention it at all?🤔

What nobody knows never happened! Or in this case, is never going to happen.:rak_02:

:rak_03:

It would be best to not mention something you're not going to do, but that's not what happened with Nightmare versions of Gods from the Machine. They announced it, kept announcing that they were going to release them, and had the raiding community somewhat excited as it would have been the first Nightmare (Master Mode) put into the game since halfway into expansion 2.0 (when The Dread War, patch 2.4 was released in October of 2013). Think about that for a second. No nightmare raid content in 4 1/2 years (and the game is only 6 1/2 years old this May).

So my point is, even if he talks about it... you will be blue in the face holding your breath for something that might never happen. There is really no use speculating until something is announced, and even then... it can be undone.

This line of discussion on these forums is just like the "is the game shutting down?" stuff. There is absolutely no point in it except to hype people's expectations to absurd levels in both directions.

I can't think of a bigger waste of time.

(Edit: Okay, maybe I could, but it does bad things to this community to parse every single sentence that Keith utters here, there, or anywhere and guess what it means. It sets up people's expectations in unrealistic ways, and then they are bitter and nasty about "Keith promised an expansion" just because some forum threads decided it was so based on a few words he uttered in a fan-based podcast). Not great for anybody, at the end of the day.

Edited by PennyAnn

So my point is, even if he talks about it... you will be blue in the face holding your breath for something that might never happen. There is really no use speculating until something is announced, and even then... it can be undone.

This line of discussion on these forums is just like the "is the game shutting down?" stuff. There is absolutely no point in it except to hype people's expectations to absurd levels in both directions.

(Edit: Okay, maybe I could, but it does bad things to this community to parse every single sentence that Keith utters here, there, or anywhere and guess what it means. It sets up people's expectations in unrealistic ways, and then they are bitter and nasty about "Keith promised an expansion" just because some forum threads decided it was so based on a few words he uttered in a fan-based podcast). Not great for anybody, at the end of the day.

^^ I agree with your points here.

Quality stuff right here.

Thank you Duchess for bringing this up again. As another poster said, it's quite possible that some code got deleted somewhere that triggers the comments when fighting with them. It was bad enough that their mouths stopped moving when right clicking, but to lose ALL their comments is a real let down. It seems this occurred during the Corso, Risha, Andronikus returns. I will still run those toons through that already lost their companions, but this alone will prevent me from running any other toons/alts through.

Any word on when or if this will be fixed would be greatly appreciated.

You're welcome, :). I intend to continue to bring it up until I get some kind of answer. I think it keeps getting buried in all the posts and so requires a bump every now and then. Devs, I really want to take my characters through all of the content I can, but I don't want to lose companions who interact properly. Is there anyone looking into why the returned companions are not commenting, or why their mouths don't move when they speak? Could someone please take a look at what's going on with that?

I know it's a little thing to some players, but it's very immersion breaking to others. I will finish running toons through Kotfe/et who have already started it, but I probably won't take my mains, or any new toons through until/unless it's fixed. It kind of sucks to not be able to play any of the newer stuff with my favorite toons, unless I give up favorite companions working properly. Please, pretty please, with sprinkles and all the things, look into fixing the glitched companions.

I'm still waiting for the "No More Pod People" movement. To some its not so important however I see this as another instance of just pushing them out to get it over with. Like what I posted long ago about how much time and attention they devote to the companions; we're seeing it now and again an issue of SWTOR is lesser After the Zakuul story then before.

You're welcome, :). I intend to continue to bring it up until I get some kind of answer. I think it keeps getting buried in all the posts and so requires a bump every now and then. Devs, I really want to take my characters through all of the content I can, but I don't want to lose companions who interact properly. Is there anyone looking into why the returned companions are not commenting, or why their mouths don't move when they speak? Could someone please take a look at what's going on with that?

I know it's a little thing to some players, but it's very immersion breaking to others. I will finish running toons through Kotfe/et who have already started it, but I probably won't take my mains, or any new toons through until/unless it's fixed. It kind of sucks to not be able to play any of the newer stuff with my favorite toons, unless I give up favorite companions working properly. Please, pretty please, with sprinkles and all the things, look into fixing the glitched companions.

I'm still waiting for the "No More Pod People" movement. To some its not so important however I see this as another instance of just pushing them out to get it over with. Like what I posted long ago about how much time and attention they devote to the companions; we're seeing it now and again an issue of SWTOR is lesser After the Zakuul story then before.

I agree that this vein of discussion is worthy of having here, getting other people's experiences recorded for the developers, and showing them the amount of people that desire a fix for this. Count me in that number.

Hopefully it will garner attention and they will fix it. I also know it is likely not an easy fix, but some acknowledgement that it's a problem and effort at working on it would be really great.

Dear Keith,

I just read your last replies and the replies of the community and I think that I speak for all of the players if I make the following suggestion to you:

The most important thing for us is exciting, new content. We know you can deliver it. You have proven that in 2017 which was a very successful year for Swtor. Now, we players all also know that the circumstances are not the easiest right now.

Good things take time!

On behalf of all the players, I ask you to take that time. Make sure that those companion return cutscenes show the right costumes. Make sure that Arcann moves his mouth while kissing his new love interest. It is important to us.

Izax is also important to most of the players. Not all, sure, I admit that. But almost all players are looking forward to play a veteran mode boss that acts like a nightmare mode boss. Did I use those terms correctly?

So, here finally comes my suggestion: Don't rush 5.8 and 5.9! We don't want bugged content that lacks quality. Do it properly. And do it together, not in bits. Spring is almost over. It makes no sense to rush a Spring update. Then comes summer. We all will be busy in the summer. No one really plays much between May and August anyway.

But in September, everyone will be back. It's the most important playing month of the year. So, the best thing you could do at this point is postpone 5.8 and 5.9 to September. If you make it all a bit more stylish and neat and write one blog entry about it all, using catchphrases and stuff, that update would well deserve being called 6.0.

What do you think? Wouldn't this be in all our best interest? Honestly, no one wants small updates in the Spring. Bring us a big update with Izax, a few companion returns, the conclusion of the traitor storyline and the Arcann romance. Think about the exitement we could build up whole summer. Dreaming of Arcann's tongue in our mouths, whispering sweetly in our ears. That's the stuff.

TL;DR: Merge 5.8 and 5.9 to 6.0, bring it in September and make a big fuss about it. Win, win for everyone.

P. S. Hello Dulfy-forumers, this one was for you. Hope you had a good laugh. ;)

Edited by JattaGin

Hey Tux, that's actually how I took it and was poking fun at myself, too. I do plan to tell everyone about what we are planning, how we want to deliver updates, and also discuss our expansion plans for SWTOR. I'll post up some insight when I'm ready to start those discussions (but, it's definitely not for at least another month).

--Keith-

Awesome, can't wait.