Ashara Zavros appreciation thread (Anyone? Am I alone? :o)

Plk_Lesiak

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked Ashara best out of the four padawans, not entirely because she has two lightsabers (but that certainly doesn't hurt). I think in part it's because she has more grounded problems - it's not that she has unique powers, or the Emperor in her head, or that she's nobility. She's just a little lost and confused. Her mentors don't understand her. She can charge four guys with a lightsaber but she can't ask her friend out on a date. Etc., etc. I guess on some level I identify with her a little more than any of the others.

• 2 weeks later...

The reunion wasn't even two minutes. Sad. But I actually thought that given her class storyline they did a good job of explaining where she was.

And I am SO GLAD they did not have a kill option for her. I'm so tired of people wanting to kill characters just because they find them annoying or whatever, when they haven;'t actually done anything that deserves it.

In the report you receive after KOTET Chapter 1, it mentions that the Alliance was tipped off to Vaylin's impending attack by an anonymous source on the ground in Voss. That source was never able to meet with the Alliance and never found after the attack was over. I have to wonder now if that was Ashara since she's hanging out on Voss.

The reunion wasn't even two minutes. Sad. But I actually thought that given her class storyline they did a good job of explaining where she was.

And I am SO GLAD they did not have a kill option for her. I'm so tired of people wanting to kill characters just because they find them annoying or whatever, when they haven;'t actually done anything that deserves it.

Yeah, it's nice she didn't get a kill option. While there are some people who genuinely don't like her, quite a few are just spiteful and want her dead out of spite. It's silly, to say the least.

I do however think companions that are class specific such as Vector and Ashara may as well be dead considering nobody has ever met them. I wouldn't know how to feature them in the main story without incorporating an entire new story part so others can meet them.

Either way, I'm glad to have so many of my team back on my SI! I could never be mean to Ashara!! Even if she's a bit silly? Sometimes.:rak_03:

In the report you receive after KOTET Chapter 1, it mentions that the Alliance was tipped off to Vaylin's impending attack by an anonymous source on the ground in Voss. That source was never able to meet with the Alliance and never found after the attack was over. I have to wonder now if that was Ashara since she's hanging out on Voss.

That would be cool! I really hope they would confirm that it was her, showing she still helped us in some way.

I was disappointed by the lack of "neutral" option to welcome her to the Alliance (I felt there was the very friendly "Yes, please come back, we will do great together!" and whatever the torture option was, neither of which fit my assassin), but I'm very happy with her character development. I think the reason she stayed away was very in character for her and feel she's now a much more confident, mature version of herself.

Bad news is that her old outfit didn't fit her new personality anymore, but I didn't like the chestpiece of the new outfit, so I put her in Exar Kun's chestpiece and then spent 5 million credits to have the outfit colored the way I wanted. :p Damnit Ashara, your return is expensive!

Well, as anticlimactic as this proved to be, it was definitely the last thing I ever did in SWTOR. The way they implemented this reunion and Arcann romance is pretty good indicator that the quality of story content will not go up anymore. :)

Goodbye guys and be good to Ashara! ;)

I was never really a huge fan of Ashara and was kind of annoyed that my assassin was stuck with her as a romance due to me messing up Lana's romance. But after reuniting with Ashara I guess my assassin is just meant to be with her and I am happy to have her back.

As others stated it fits her that she stayed away and in that, makes perfect sense she is only a companion for the inquisitor, she simply wouldn't be a follower to anyone else and I doubt any other class without the background story would see her as an equal.

Well, not so much annoyed at the short return or Ashara ignoring that I accomplished what she and I always wanted...I'm super annoyed because I had her from the terminal for a while now and her mouth still moved when clicking on her. Now her lips are sealed, just from doing the alert. I know this has happened to others, but I can no longer naively believe those were unintended bugs.

Keith, Eric, Charles, anyone--why is this problem with all companions considered an intended feature? What is so hard about fixing this? Which one of you sat at the big table and said "Hey guys, people love their companions, let's break them after we bring them back even though we never should have taken them away in the first place!!" Why can everything be working 100% correctly with the companions before an alert, and break after the alert? It's not like it's working before the PATCH and not after, it's working BEFORE THE ALERT and breaking ONLY AFTER THE ALERT.

I know I know, get in line with this complaint. It's just my turn because this was the only companion I've really really really been waiting for since 4.0.

I really, really regret ever doing anything post-4.0 with my main. It was stupid to do it. How stupid is that? They have made me regret playing my favorite toon. I should have made a sacrificial toon to waste through all this. There is no part of post-4.0 where I've been happy to do anything with my main story-wise, and waiting so long for the only companion I cared about only to be greeted by a 30 second cutscene that ignores anything prior and a sewn-up mouth.

Since it's such a great feature, why don't you guys just slap some animated thread on all of our companion's mouths, really stick it to us. That's all I feel you're doing, especially since 5.0.

This is my "straw that broke the camel's back" moment. It may seem minor to all of you, since everyone hates Ashara so much, but it's too much for me anymore. I've always sympathized with everyone else who has been screwed over by these companion "returns," it just really hits harder than expected when it's "your turn" and you were stupid and naïve enough to believe any lessons would be learned after constant, loud feedback that this is not what we want, especially after two years of bad returns that so few are satisfied with.

Freakin' pirate got 90 more seconds of bad cutscene than Ash...just....pffffffffffffff

done

Asharas return was the worst. I like her and always understood her and the SI as more of a team than master and apprentice. Both were mostly inexperienced with the deeper knowledge of the force and now start exploring it together in ways neither the Jedi nor the Sith know of. So i hoped that Asharas return would have to do something with the force enclave on Odessen. That they would talk about it and share what they learned during their time apart. But nooooo. Just another "Hey, here i am. Pick the right dialogue choice and i am back as another dumb companion never to see or hear of ever again".

Please BW, as long as you don't change your way for the better never bring Kira back. Never!