Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

Arcann is great and all, But Vaylin would be one of the best additions to companions. Everyone wants it and force using companions in kotfe are sparse. She could also have a light and dark side costume as well. Most people are capped on those and have nothing to spend it on. Please tell me this is seriously being considered because ill feel gypped if we don't get her before next expansion.

They said something along the lines of if she was to come back they would do it in a responsible way - GamePhil has the quote in one of his previous comments. We're a long way from 6.0, so you never know, maybe if we ask nicely.

Adding Vaylins appearances from the expansions onto the light side and dark side vendors would be a neat idea - Like they did with Arcanns appearances. As you say, there isn't anything on those vendors I need, I'm capped at 100 tokens, it would be nice to get something else added. :)

Vaylin deserves to come back before the new expansion.

I have a sith pureblood as a SW with the romance DS Jaessa.

When Vaylin come back then a new one of course. That I am going to do with the lightsaber to cut a V sign and a heart on a tree for Vaylin :)

When Vaylin come back then a new one of course. That I am going to do with the lightsaber to cut a V sign and a heart on a tree for Vaylin :)

Now here is a good romance story :D It isn't one that requires flowers or gifts, but killing your enemies together! <3

Why stop with a tree? :p Spell out her name using the remains of your enemies ... like Deadpool! :D

Yeah! I would like a good story, but I'll settle for a 2 minute alliance alert. :)

Psychopath.Great reactor trick.A lot of dead zakuulans.

Compassion for that psycho?Don't make me puke.

That is, what made her a psychopath of torture her own father, is not worthy of compassion? Everything is clear with you.:cool:

Tell that to families of those who died.

Oh those poor serial killers!!Lets hug them.They didnt have much love.

No she is not worth of compassion.Like her megamaniac brother.

Edited by Oreget

Tell that to families of those who died.

Oh those poor serial killers!!Lets hug them.They didnt have much love.

No she is not worth of compassion.Like her megamaniac brother.

Vaylin is Valkorians greatest victim. You can't help but feel for her.

What about all the people Theron has got killed? Or Lana? Or Koth? Or Kaylio? Or any of our already existing companions? Some of them have got a dark theme to them.

If I fill a person with psychotropics and give them the keys to the weapons of mass destruction, I'm pretty sure I'm to blame for everything they did and they deserve compassion. In this case, the psychotropics are Dark Side rituals until their eyes go yellow and the weapons of mass destruction are too much Force power and the Eternal Fleet.

And if you want to say she was just a monster as a child, fine, I can see that as an interpretation. But it means that we were treated to imagery of her being tortured for no reason other than the writers wanting to show a little girl being tortured. Because then those lovingly crafted moments just don't advance the story, don't do anything to explain her. That is so much more disgusting, and I simply don't believe the devs intended that.

So, yes, compassion. That's what the word means. I can both recognize that she did those things and still feel sorry for what was done to her. Compassion for her victims does not preclude having compassion for her, a victim herself. I can still recognize that she has to be stopped while feeling remorse over it coming to that.

Edited by gamephil

If I fill a person with psychotropics and give them the keys to the weapons of mass destruction, I'm pretty sure I'm to blame for everything they did and they deserve compassion. In this case, the psychotropics are Dark Side rituals until their eyes go yellow and the weapons of mass destruction are too much Force power and the Eternal Fleet.

And if you want to say she was just a monster as a child, fine, I can see that as an interpretation. But it means that we were treated to imagery of her being tortured for no reason other than the writers wanting to show a little girl being tortured. Because then those lovingly crafted moments just don't advance the story, don't do anything to explain her. That is so much more disgusting, and I simply don't believe the devs intended that.

So, yes, compassion. That's what the word means. I can both recognize that she did those things and still feel sorry for what was done to her. Compassion for her victims does not preclude having compassion for her, a victim herself. I can still recognize that she has to be stopped while feeling remorse over it coming to that.

Well said brother Phil, may Zildrog smile upon your day!

I think the biggest issue was how we went around dealing with Vaylin. Especially in the later chapters of kotet. In several cases our characters are making the situation worse.

The palace chapter for example, that chapter provided us with the perfect opportunity to eliminate Vaylin as a threat, it was set up in such a way we could have just walked up to her but instead of committing to the mission, our characters get distracted by Indo and his band of rebels. We then humiliate Vaylin in front of an audience by using her conditioning in view of the public.

Then you have the Nathema chapter, our characters become aware of what Vaylin went through as a child. We didn't even discuss this with Vaylin. I don't think Vaylin was even aware of our presence during that chapter. While I'm of mixed opinions on whether she would listen or not, it would have been a way to open a dialect with her.

Then the Odessen chapter, this one I despise with passion, we're making basic mistakes again and again. If the death of Vette or Torian was suppose to make me hate Vaylin, it didn't work. If anything I feel more sympathetic to her while simultaneously starting to despise my own character. The writing in this one is just stupid for so many reasons. We triggered Vaylin into battle, we caused her to kill Torian or Vette.

Then you have the last chapter, Vaylin's spirit is inside our minds? snagged by Valkorian as a means to feed his own power? Okay, that was a douche move, but what happened to Vaylin? Had they not of shown the Outlander surviving the same wound, I could dismiss the chance she could still be alive.

I think the biggest issue was how we went around dealing with Vaylin. Especially in the later chapters of kotet. In several cases our characters are making the situation worse.

Yeah, I could accept her fighting us and forcing our hand if we'd been allowed to try before that point. If the PC had attempted to make it better. Instead, we're allowed to talk about it, but never actually allowed to try, or what we try is actually pretty awful, too.

Yeah, I could accept her fighting us and forcing our hand if we'd been allowed to try before that point. If the PC had attempted to make it better. Instead, we're allowed to talk about it, but never actually allowed to try, or what we try is actually pretty awful, too.

If we had the option to try at least that would have been something.

What's your opinion on returning her through these Alliance Alerts? or as a CM companion?

Unless your a Sith, she may enjoy a visit to the Sith Empire :p If Arcann was a LS companion, I still think Vaylin should have been an option for Dark Siders. :(

What's your opinion on returning her through these Alliance Alerts? or as a CM companion?

AA? Maybe she survived? went back to her body and ran away into the forest to be alone for awhile to focus her thoughts? :confused:

Short answer: Torn. And that's as someone that has suggested something very similar.

Longer answer: What I'd like is some official storytelling that makes what happened to her in her childhood, the fact that the PC was forced to continue it, and her ultimate fate better. At one time, that wouldn't even have required her to live, but now, after so long and with the little asides from different characters that blame her exclusively, I'm not sure it would be enough, and they don't seem to be interested in doing so, anyway. Quite a few of the other players aren't, either. It's a business, after all..

Just giving us a voiced companion that we could travel with would be something, at least. Not what I'd prefer, but it's simpler, and as long as she isn't forced on people (whether by being an Alliance Alert that we can say, "No, leave her dead" in or a CM that no one has to purchase) that don't want her, I think it would be enough. I like in descending order return to story, bonus chapter (like HK), alert, console, CM (only because it would cost money, please let her be direct sale). 3rd to 5th place is still better than nothing at all. I'd like an official story, if it's good, but I'll supply that myself for myself if necessary.

Edited by gamephil

- i dislike that in spite of having options to cease the conflict between you and the new empress of zakuul nothing really changes in the story of KOTET

- you discover a rumor about something happening on a Zakuulan Battleship in deep space

- Characters : on arrival u find the " Horizon Guard " fighting a squad of soldiers ( this is an opportunity to introduce forgotten companions like : Lord Scourge / Jessa... E.T.C )

- Plot : Vaylin's Horizon Guard have stolen Tenebrae's Holocron ( the one still housing Vaylin & Tenebrae from the last fight ) and are on route to a secret base.

- Conflict : Here u find out they have Vaylin's body and are planning to return her spirit using a force ritual.

- Solution : Accessing the holocron you meet Vaylin . At the end of dialogue she will offer to assist you in exchange for completing the ritual of essence transfer . Final dialogue will have multiple outcomes .

* Light Side -> convince her to remember her childhood ( restore her spirit )

* Dark Side choice -> let her follow her passion and emotions ( restore her spirit )

* Neutral choice -> destroy Vaylin's body and Holocron

Rewards :

* Vaylin - sith sorcerer - caster companion ( Light Side choice - less psychotic Dialogues )

* Vaylin - sith warrior - melee companion ( Dark Side choice )

Extras :

Cartel Market Item :

* Companion Customization Vaylin ( blonde & blue eyes , similar to the one in the trailer )

* Armor : Ventilated Wicked Huntress

- i dislike that in spite of having options to cease the conflict between you and the new empress of zakuul nothing really changes in the story of KOTET

- you discover a rumor about something happening on a Zakuulan Battleship in deep space

- Characters : on arrival u find the " Horizon Guard " fighting a squad of soldiers ( this is an opportunity to introduce forgotten companions like : Lord Scourge / Jessa... E.T.C )

- Plot : Vaylin's Horizon Guard have stolen Tenebrae's Holocron ( the one still housing Vaylin & Tenebrae from the last fight ) and are on route to a secret base.

- Conflict : Here u find out they have Vaylin's body and are planning to return her spirit using a force ritual.

- Solution : Accessing the holocron you meet Vaylin . At the end of dialogue she will offer to assist you in exchange for completing the ritual of essence transfer . Final dialogue will have multiple outcomes .

* Light Side -> convince her to remember her childhood ( restore her spirit )

* Dark Side choice -> let her follow her passion and emotions ( restore her spirit )

* Neutral choice -> destroy Vaylin's body and Holocron

Rewards :

* Vaylin - sith sorcerer - caster companion ( Light Side choice - less psychotic Dialogues )

* Vaylin - sith warrior - melee companion ( Dark Side choice )

Extras :

Cartel Market Item :

* Companion Customization Vaylin ( blonde & blue eyes , similar to the one in the trailer )

* Armor : Ventilated Wicked Huntress

Hey mate! I remember that! You made this thread awhile back! It was one of the threads that I went to make this suggestion.

Anyway, good suggestion! I do want a sorcerer type companion! :D