Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

I don't, either, but it's what Senya tells us. They were definitely on the run from Vaylin the whole time, but they should have still made some progress. I really feel that there was a more interesting, and less destructive, story in there that they just decided not to tell. It's a shame, even given that they were forced to rush it so much.

Agreed.

They could have done so much more with KOTET that wouldn't have made it feel like a rushed expansion.

So we could of had a story that was fleshed out? returning all our companions? maybe even allowing us to recruit Vaylin and instead we've got this rushed plot to get us back into the dribble of a faction vs faction story again?

It was demanded vocally by players, so we missed out on almost 3/4's of the original story outline, as well as the original plan of returning all LI's at least in the chapter style the first bunch had (Kaliyo, aric, vette etc - notice they got parts in later chapters of kotfe too ie the original planned story, kotet was the shortened one), and we are getting these alliance alert one scenes returns for companions instead so we can go back to rep vs imp (they stated this in one of the interviews). Anyone speaking against KotFE/KotET story is the ones responsible for this change as it was done to pander to them.

I both want and don't want to know what we could've gotten instead. The meaningful companion returns comments they told us they wanted was only the KotFE style, they can't do meaningful ones now as they 'have' to rush back to imp vs rep and rush companions back.

It was demanded vocally by players, so we missed out on almost 3/4's of the original story outline, as well as the original plan of returning all LI's at least in the chapter style the first bunch had (Kaliyo, aric, vette etc - notice they got parts in later chapters of kotfe too ie the original planned story, kotet was the shortened one), and we are getting these alliance alert one scenes returns for companions instead so we can go back to rep vs imp (they stated this in one of the interviews). Anyone speaking against KotFE/KotET story is the ones responsible for this change as it was done to pander to them.

I both want and don't want to know what we could've gotten instead. The meaningful companion returns comments they told us they wanted was only the KotFE style, they can't do meaningful ones now as they 'have' to rush back to imp vs rep and rush companions back.

Wow, so whining really works? What if a new group does the same with 6.0? Will they rush that too?

It would be nice to know, yes, but I agree with you, if what could have been is better than what we're currently getting, then I suspect we'll be drowned in threads asking to roll back to 4.9.

Wow, so whining really works? What if a new group does the same with 6.0? Will they rush that too?

It would be nice to know, yes, but I agree with you, if what could have been is better than what we're currently getting, then I suspect we'll be drowned in threads asking to roll back to 4.9.

In this case, it seems to have been a combination of complaints from "story sucks go back to rep vs imp" and "more group content" (which was needed but not in this way) and "I want my companions back NOW".

In this case, it seems to have been a combination of complaints from "story sucks go back to rep vs imp" and "more group content" (which was needed but not in this way) and "I want my companions back NOW".

It sounds like listening to those complaints allowed them to shoot themselves in the foot. Which they've done multiple times with various 5.0 releases.

(Iokath, Companion Returns, Traitor Arc, CXP, Conquest)

Edited by DefenderTwo

It sounds like listening to those complaints allowed them to shoot themselves in the foot. Which they've done multiple times with various 5.0 releases.

(Iokath, Companion Returns, Traitor Arc, CXP, Conquest)

Instead of doing really well in one or two areas, they're disappointing almost everyone across the board multiple times and ways. It feels like a very strange business move.

I'm even at the point of saying, just suddenly have Vaylin at the odessan terminal, no lines or anything, just there now summonable and you'll please a bunch of people, since it's barely different to current one cutscene alerts. See how far we've fallen.

Instead of doing really well in one or two areas, they're disappointing almost everyone across the board multiple times and ways. It feels like a very strange business move.

I'm even at the point of saying, just suddenly have Vaylin at the odessan terminal, no lines or anything, just there now summonable and you'll please a bunch of people, since it's barely different to current one cutscene alerts. See how far we've fallen.

I don't know how I feel about going back to Imp vs Pub.

In the story Lana says the Empire and Republic were still fighting one another despite the Eternal Empire being the major power, right? You could of had chapters flavored to this 'Imp vs Pub' in the KOT** expansions. The second time to go back to Imp vs Pub was on Iokath, but that was pushed aside for this traitor arc and is only being referenced by mail or Lana. There's also a mention to the conflict from the announcement during the Chiss flashpoint if to be believed is reporting the enemy faction is having a resource crisis, forcing them to abandon several of their worlds and pull out of Iokath. So already the enemy faction is at a severe disadvantage.

As for Vaylin, at this point, that is the best I think we can expect, as much as I would like her to return to the story, I would be satisfied with this option.

Edited by DefenderTwo

I'm even at the point of saying, just suddenly have Vaylin at the odessan terminal, no lines or anything, just there now summonable and you'll please a bunch of people.

Well as Phil said a few pages back, she has some lines from various fights that could be ideal, but yes, this would shut me up for awhile. Take my money Bioware!

*throws wallet at screen*

You can claim Arcann from the console if you do a dark side play-through of KOTET and killed him? I didn't know that.

Huh, I wouldn't have thought so, but I've never successfully finished the "kill the whole family" play through. I mean, on that line you never get him as a companion, so "returning" him makes less sense, unlike Senya.

But, he exists as one, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

Huh, I wouldn't have thought so, but I've never successfully finished the "kill the whole family" play through. I mean, on that line you never get him as a companion, so "returning" him makes less sense, unlike Senya.

hmm..

if it works for DS Arcann? Why not Vaylin? :D

I just checked, none of the KOTFE characters are on my list, I'm not sure if that's a bug or not? So at this point it looks like a no.

I suppose it doesn't hurt to question for them to add Vaylin and Arcann if you killed him to the Odessen console, both act as companions during that fight with the Emperor anyway.

Bollocks, her KOTFE outfit was better than the Hood-Hood outfit ... her arm tattoos were cool, I'll give you that.

I've always thought both outfits were pretty good. Not to be a prude, but since at least the Empress outfit appears to be armor, I'd prefer if it covered her heart and lungs, but what can you do? If there were to be something more, I'd like the customization slot to do one or the other or possibly an uncorrupted version.

I've always thought both outfits were pretty good. Not to be a prude, but since at least the Empress outfit appears to be armor, I'd prefer if it covered her heart and lungs, but what can you do? If there were to be something more, I'd like the customization slot to do one or the other or possibly an uncorrupted version.

Maybe they'll do that in the version we end up with? If we ever get that outfit. Uncorrupted?

but what can you do?

Moan endlessly until they give us a Vaylin companion! :d_wink:

Maybe they'll do that in the version we end up with? If we ever get that outfit. Uncorrupted?

Not sure how to do it, exactly. Possibly the eyes, less of an angry expression, that kind of thing.

Moan endlessly until they give us a Vaylin companion! :d_wink:

Well, there's that.