Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

I'm still not sure what I'll do to Theron should an option arrive that'll dispose of him. At this point he really needs a good written reason for his actions before I'll even talk to him.

That said, I would forgive him if I could have Vaylin in my squad. Though I'm sure others in the Alliance might want to take a shot at him, especially after I put a billion credits on his head. :(

If I can't kill them that would be the next best thing ... I want to see what the others are up to! :confused:

I have serious misgivings about the kill option, but they could fade from view for a while if it gives us more time with other companions. I'd like the kind of time Temple got, and options for companions to join other characters while having more detailed options when getting back with their original boss. Probably not an even trade, but it would be nice.

And I'd like more story points with the Princess, of course.

I have serious misgivings about the kill option, but they could fade from view for a while if it gives us more time with other companions. I'd like the kind of time Temple got, and options for companions to join other characters while having more detailed options when getting back with their original boss. Probably not an even trade, but it would be nice.

Don't worry brother Phil, I'm on it ... If Nathema is pooping out life ... Arcann and or Senya can go behind my back and do the deed for us ... Yes they'll get Lana moaning but they can ignore her like I do. :D

I think Temples return was the best out of the new batch to come back. Her reasons for absence make sense.

I would like to see more with Vaylin too, even If I have to make it up a story for her, which isn't that much trouble as I've been doing that for Theron and Arcann now for awhile. Devs, can you just add her to the console on Odessen? or to the Cartel Market if you want some $$$ for your time.

Knights of the Eternal Throne made me feel bad for Vaylin, it was hinted at several times during the first expansion Valkorian did something to her, but we never learned what he did until we followed Vaylin to Nathema, at that point my opinion of Vaylins character changed.

She was abused as a child by Valkorian, conditioned into becoming what she was, Vaylin had more depth to her character than most of the main companion. (Arcann, Lana, Theron) It's a pity they ended it the way they did, I would have enjoyed learning more about her character.

My playthroughs of the Knight expansion packs was as a Jedi Counsellors, I've been healing Sith from the start and it never occurred to my character to attempt such an act on Vaylin? or Arcann?

I don't know if redemption would have worked for Vaylin, but the option to try would have been appreciated, Vaylin deserved that redemption plot a lot more than Arcann.

Can they bring her back? Sure! This is Star Wars and the possibilities are endless, especially if they're doing a Star Trek III plot to Nathema.

Edited by DefenderTwo

I would like to see more with Vaylin too, even If I have to make it up a story for her, which isn't that much trouble as I've been doing that for Theron and Arcann now for awhile. Devs, can you just add her to the console on Odessen? or to the Cartel Market if you want some $$$ for your time.

*Throws wallet at screen*

Still not working!!!!!!

Can they bring her back? Sure! This is Star Wars and the possibilities are endless, especially if they're doing a Star Trek III plot to Nathema.

Give me Genesis!!!!!

We would need someone's son to heroicly sacrifice himself when the Klingon is about ... I suppose Theron could be David Marcus. ;)

Edited by Paulsutherland

What I wanted then: The ability to show her compassion, even if she spat it back in my face and forced me to kill her.

What I want now: Resurrection, some form of redemption, and a traveling companion. Or just the occasional email notification that she's getting the help she needs, but the companion would be better.

There are plenty of ways in which she could return. All it requires is a bit of imagination.

Vaylin did sort of explode. It's hard to come back from that, bacta or no bacta.

And (spoilers, I guess?) if Arcann is alive during the final battle, he has to join you in meditation in order to enter your mind and help out, whereas if he's dead he just shows up like Vaylin does. If Vaylin's alive, I doubt she's in any kind of fit physical or mental state for that kind of focus.

With that said, if Vaylin's Force ghost wants to show up in the next expansion to hang around the Outlander and offer sarcastic remarks, I would be 1000% in favor.

Wasn't that the force ability she was using at the time exploding? Her body is clearly there on the platform in the following cutscene.

The ending to KOTET doesn't really explain much, it's ends very sudden without providing much explanation into Vaylin's fate. Is she stuck in our mind? Did she merge with the Force?

There is something seriously poetic about the planet where Vaylin was broken also being the place that helps her heal.

It would indeed be a nice twist.

Sacrifice = giving up something you give a damn about. I am not sure you "accidentally" pushing a companion into Sun Reactor count as one ;).

Let's be honest, if they're sacrificing themselves for my goals, of course I'm going to care ... they might screw it up and die for nothing. :eek:

I think it might be nice to have a few variant version of chapters from Vaylin's perspective. If they play only in existing settings that would also limit the amount of work to create them. For example the chapter on the Gravestone, leading to the arrival on Iokath. Or maybe one of the earlier chapters when Vaylin is chasing the Outlander.

I think it might be nice to have a few variant version of chapters from Vaylin's perspective. If they play only in existing settings that would also limit the amount of work to create them. For example the chapter on the Gravestone, leading to the arrival on Iokath. Or maybe one of the earlier chapters when Vaylin is chasing the Outlander.

That or maybe something like 'A Shroud of Memory' ? A bonus chapter featuring Vaylin trying to get out of our heads?

Yeah... well. A chapter of Vaylin fighting the madness in a surreal landscape intermixed with scenes from that prison planet would be pretty cool. But it would probably be too much work, a bit too dark for the tone of this game. And you can't really let her win.

But anyway, a side chapter like the one for HK-55, just within a distinctly darker tone, but still within the realm of what the PG 12+ rating allows, that gives some more depth to the character might be nice.

Yeah! If I can bail from the chapter with Vaylin as a companion ... even better! :D