Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

EricMusco

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me to I really want ti see this final FP, but I guess we'll just have to wait...for who knows how long?
- well i planed every day from today what i will do in Swtor to March. I hope in the end of February we will get this final falshpoint.

Bug fixes huh? Dark Corruption on Iokath issue too? Two bugs on Blood Hunt too? Interesting.

Again nothing from Consular companion. This is ridiculous. How long Master Tsukito must wait for Nadia, Zenith, Felix and Tharan? No comment.

Edited by Trlance

Hey folks,

Since we are formally in 2018 now, Happy New Year to all of you! We know there have been some questions about what is coming next, so we wanted to give you some details. The big “what is coming” type question will be addressed as always in Keith’s Roadmap, which is being worked on now. I would expect a few more weeks before you can read that. However, before the roadmap is in your hands, let’s talk about the next Game Update!

Game Update 5.7 – Legacy of the Creators

Release date: January 23rd

• New Operation Boss: Scyva
    • Available in Story and Veteran Mode

[*]Returning Companions! (these Missions will be Class-specific)

• Risha & Corso
    • Andronikos

[*]New Cartel Market Pack

[*]Various bug fixes / updates

Although we will save the specifics for the Roadmap, beyond 5.7 you can expect additional Companions returning, a new Flashpoint, and more! Thanks everyone, we are looking forward to an exciting 2018.

-eric

AHHHHHHHHH RISHA!!!!!!! She is gonna be suuuuuuuper annoyed at my cheating smuggler xD How will this go I wonder :/

Love the idea to make them class specific. A tiny little step AWAY from this crappy one size fits all formula at least :)

EDIT: Wait.... does this mean they'll be alliance alert missions...? Unvoiced....? :/ I guess I'll take it, but.... :(

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Again nothing from Consular companion. This is ridiculous. How long Master Tsukito must wait for Nadia, Zenith, Felix and Tharan? No comment.

As a JC payer I have accepted that I am the SWTOR equivalent of the redheaded stepchild. Ignored until I throw a massive temper tantrum, and then I just get into trouble.

I'm the first in line always to slaughter bioware for the content dribble we receive. Yes, erics statement had about as much meat on it as an ethiopean pig but I am hoping keiths roadmap has all the content in it, namely new operations, not one boss every 4 months, a proper expansion, hotfixes for mercs and matchmaking in regs in regards to healers.

If not, battle for azeroth here i come.

I'm the first in line always to slaughter bioware for the content dribble we receive. Yes, erics statement had about as much meat on it as an ethiopean pig but I am hoping keiths roadmap has all the content in it, namely new operations, not one boss every 4 months, a proper expansion, hotfixes for mercs and matchmaking in regs in regards to healers.

If not, battle for azeroth here i come.

yeah thats my hope too. But personally i am SW first, RPG second, MMO third so could never go back to WOW even though my brother still plays it. It just doesnt do it for me and it hasnt since WotLK... especially not when there is this game around despite the slow rate of content updates.

In that case, March for final FP/Machine boss it seems (at the earliest...). Hopefully new expansion is following in summer 'cause boy the game really needs it... these content drips are just too little, yearly expansions were much better model (even if they had their own share of issues, but an expansion format simply allows for much wider changes all at once) Edited by Pietrastor

Hi Eric, please verify:

Will these companion returns actually be fully-voiced with our characters speaking and it having some sort of cinematography (moving camera), or will these be the very much disliked "classic conversations" we've seen with other companion recruitments where our characters don't speak (or very much interact) and the camera remains static?

Hi Eric, please verify:

Will these companion returns actually be fully-voiced with our characters speaking and it having some sort of cinematography (moving camera), or will these be the very much disliked "classic conversations" we've seen with other companion recruitments where our characters don't speak (or very much interact) and the camera remains static?

I'd like to know to.

I have a bad feeling they're going to be glorified Alliance Alerts with a few lines of dialogue and that's it, even Temple got a FP. I hope I'm wrong.

Me to I really want to see this final FP, but I guess we'll just have to wait...for who knows how long? :confused:

In thinking about it, if they are class specific it gives me a tiny bit of hope that it actually might be a fully voiced little quest or interaction.

However, this does mean that unless you're playing a Smuggler or Sith Inquisitor or do Ops, the next months are going to have nothing new to do. It also means none of these newbies are in the story, doesn't it? I am not crying any tears about not having to interact with Corso (and God willing this also means I'll never have to deal with Doc either, if they leave these things class-specific), but it would have been nice to see Vette's reaction at being reunited with her old buddy Risha.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Thank you, Eric.

It's nice to hear from you. I appreciate the little bit of info, as I was wondering, like so many what was coming next.

Glad to hear we're getting Andronikos back, though I was hoping to hear about Vector and Scourge. Would it be possible to give us a time frame of the return of Vector and Scourge in the roadmap?

And also, could you please tell the powers that be, that more content including Quinn would be welcome for many, given the lackluster Iokath return?

Thanks. :)

I don't know about this "Class specific mission" thing. . . Does that mean that only my Smuggler can get Risha, and not, say, my Bounty Hunter? If that's the case, that'll annoy the hell out of me. . . I've been wanting to get some of the other classes' companions on my Smuggler for a good long time now, and I've been pretty patient about waiting, but if yall turn around and start making them class-specific, I'll be very upset. . .

Hey folks,

Since we are formally in 2018 now, Happy New Year to all of you! We know there have been some questions about what is coming next, so we wanted to give you some details. The big “what is coming” type question will be addressed as always in Keith’s Roadmap, which is being worked on now. I would expect a few more weeks before you can read that. However, before the roadmap is in your hands, let’s talk about the next Game Update!

• Risha & Corso
    • Andronikos

Although we will save the specifics for the Roadmap, beyond 5.7 you can expect additional Companions returning, a new Flashpoint, and more! Thanks everyone, we are looking forward to an exciting 2018.

-eric

Hi Eric,

First of all, Happy New Year to you and the devs too.

As you can see above, most folks sort of ignored the bit of your message where you mention that is an *update* for Jan, not the full 2018 plan.

Don't let the general bad attitude of *everyone* on this board get you down. Just keep doing what you're doing, and we'll keep playing.

Hey folks,

• Risha & Corso
    • Andronikos

-eric

LOL, pretty sure I could deliver more than that by myself. Don't believe me? Give me access to source control. Go ahead, call my bluff. Smedley tried it... once.

YES! I've been avoiding taking my sorc through KOTFE until Andronikos returned, although I'm sad my other characters won't be able to recruit him or Risha. And I'm assuming this means they'll stay silent going forward, which is also unfortunate.

Still, glad to finally have him back.

So the highlight of the Q1 release schedule for 2018 is stuff that originally should have been released Q3/4 2017?

Wow.

All The Best

This sums it up.

I take it there will be no follow up to issues raised in this thread such as for people that aren't interested in the Ops will there be any new content if they are not one of the classes getting their companion back?