Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

EricMusco

NO no no ... he searched a very long time for his wife (Raina told that), and he never would be togehter with another woman^^

{SNIP}

and now Corso, Andronikus and Risha returned and Vector not :([/size]

I don't think posting datamined stuff is allowed on the forum, so you better edit your post before a hammer falls on your head.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a week, I take it there is no update on the Roadmap and it is still set be released in a few more weeks.

Given update 5.7 is meant to drop in 1 week, does this mean the Winter Roadmap will about one update? It seems it is going to take longer to write the winter roadmap than it will take to play it. There has got to be something wrong in the system when the Roadmap takes so long that its talking about the previous months rather than looking ahead.

So given it looks like the roadmap will be focused solely on 5.8, is it possible to get some more details about 5.7, it can't be one op boss and two class specific alerts and then more waiting on hopefully some news about 5.8 which will hopefully be more than a flashpoint and class specific alert.

Been a week, I take it there is no update on the Roadmap and it is still set be released in a few more weeks.

Given update 5.7 is meant to drop in 1 week, does this mean the Winter Roadmap will about one update? It seems it is going to take longer to write the winter roadmap than it will take to play it. There has got to be something wrong in the system when the Roadmap takes so long that its talking about the previous months rather than looking ahead.

So given it looks like the roadmap will be focused solely on 5.8, is it possible to get some more details about 5.7, it can't be one op boss and two class specific alerts and then more waiting on hopefully some news about 5.8 which will hopefully be more than a flashpoint and class specific alert.

I think that the reason it takes so long to do so is that they probably are trying to be very carefull about their choice of word in the roadmap, it's BW/EA we're talking about. The company that advertised this game as the "WoW-killer" from the start. The same company that over-advertised Kotet with a (splendid) CGI trailer.

They are probably trying to do the same, because they want peoples to still believe that there is something going for this game.

But that's just me. I'm not saying they are right or wrong, they are just doing their job. ^^

It's been a running joke for a reason that each quaterly "roadmap" covers 1 update of what we already know so yeah, you kinda answered your own question. Edited by Pietrastor

It's been a running joke for a reason that each quaterly "roadmap" covers 1 update of what we already know so yeah, you kinda answered your own question.

I'd hope they would avoid turning the roadmap into a running joke, as its not so much a haha joke as a this is a, variety.

They must know what people are working on, they must have already budgeted 3 months in advance, so how is it the roadmap takes so long to write. If it needs approval at such a level, surely that approval is given before you are 2 months into the 3 month period it is covering.

By the time we see the roadmap, they must have started work on that final month. So how is it needing approval when there is nothing in there isn't already approved.

It probably takes a long time to write because they need to think hard how to dress up the lack of content from last year with the exact same content, but use different words, so at least to keep the white knights playing and throttling on the forum. Or probably the "winter" road map will include all this game will be getting until the next winter...

I appreciate the update Eric! I can't help but notice that the update is a little thin...I hope there's a lot more in the roadmap...

It would help a lot if EA would actually care a lot lot more for this almost forgotten' game. What EA wants to know from Bioware is this. "Where's Our Micro-transactions money, that's what EA wants".

Sorry Devs and Keith, but i used to stand up for EA, but not anymore. I do respect and thank you All at Bioware that are really trying to make things better to, and i know some people are really trying hard to make this game work.

I look forward to a "Hopeful" bigger picture for 2018.

I highly doubt it, I don't think it's been possible to romance any of the returning companions unless you romanced them before.

I romanced Risha previously, and even floated the "let's have a threesome" option to her and Akaavi, and it did not go over well. She was I---I close to marrying me and I picked Akaavi since she was actually willing to fight for me, and not just walk away. It would be awesome if I could re-romance Risha, find out her marriage to the prince guy fell through and she really wants me back.

Good question. Right now it is not planned that you can access these Companions via the terminal on other Classes. However, I passed the suggestion on to the team as something we could possibly implement down the line.

Thanks!

-eric

I think it would be wise to give everyone some method of getting non-class companions. I always wanted to reunite Risha and Vette on my warrior, for instance. I can make up the story in my head, that's fine, but I'd like to see them in my stronghold.

About story: Umbara arrived on September and Copero 3 months later on November. Now we have already 2 months after Copero released. How long we need wait for next story when now we have almost end of January and still nothing about it? We need wait for March or April, when next flashpoint should be on February?

Wonder if we will have 6.0 this year with next big expansion like KoTFE or KoTET. Last year only Iokath and 2 flashpoints. It was like only 2-3 chapters of story. 106$ dolars for subs for only 2-3 chapters and 3 bossess from operation? Hope this year will be much better :rolleyes:

I’m quite interested to see where the class specifics go! :) Right now I only really play on my SW boy haha. I was thinking Jaesa might be a multi-class character, but a personal (and probably murder-y, they didn’t get along) encounter would work too! I like that our characters might get tied back down to their origin stories again, my boy hasn’t been called Sith in ages! :p

I read some people speaking about the missed opportunity between Vette-Risha though for other classes, that is kind of sad. :o Maybe later, she might be a story npc?

I’m really happy to hear that you’ve developed these new alliance alert quests into proper cinematics this time. I’d love it if in the future we could get closer to all our companions like this, even if it was just for silly missions!

Curious to see how this story arc wraps up, and where you guys will go next! Good luck for this year.

Personally, I really like the idea of this if it sets a precedent, I main a sorc, and all of our comps are pretty dinky unless you like Andronikos and I do not.

However I LOVE KHEM VAL! My little buddy loyal x 100000 . Especially if *no spoilers* you take the route I chose in his comp quest ending. Anyways I recall those little emails from the very beginning of the game if you didn’t log in and next thing you knew you received a email “Khem Val misses you *sad faces khem val in email* . Well now I’m the one missing him and I would like him restored (story wise) not just console on Odesson to our inquisitors and I feel like he, and other comps for other classes such as maybe Kira or Scourge make sense to return to their original class only in these class specific missions.

Anyways I do like where this is going if it’s a hint of what’s to come!

Hey folks,

Since we are formally in 2018 now, Happy New Year to all of you! We know there have been some questions about what is coming next, so we wanted to give you some details. The big “what is coming” type question will be addressed as always in Keith’s Roadmap, which is being worked on now. I would expect a few more weeks before you can read that. However, before the roadmap is in your hands, let’s talk about the next Game Update!

Game Update 5.7 – Legacy of the Creators

Release date: January 23rd

• New Operation Boss: Scyva
    • Available in Story and Veteran Mode

[*]Returning Companions! (these Missions will be Class-specific)

• Risha & Corso
    • Andronikos

[*]New Cartel Market Pack

[*]Various bug fixes / updates

Although we will save the specifics for the Roadmap, beyond 5.7 you can expect additional Companions returning, a new Flashpoint, and more! Thanks everyone, we are looking forward to an exciting 2018.

-eric

Ngl I hope The Empires Wrath has a chance to recruit Scourge like turn him back to the Darkside ha ha

Personally, I really like the idea of this if it sets a precedent, I main a sorc, and all of our comps are pretty dinky unless you like Andronikos and I do not.

However I LOVE KHEM VAL! My little buddy loyal x 100000 . Especially if *no spoilers* you take the route I chose in his comp quest ending. Anyways I recall those little emails from the very beginning of the game if you didn’t log in and next thing you knew you received a email “Khem Val misses you *sad faces khem val in email* . Well now I’m the one missing him and I would like him restored (story wise) not just console on Odesson to our inquisitors and I feel like he, and other comps for other classes such as maybe Kira or Scourge make sense to return to their original class only in these class specific missions.

Anyways I do like where this is going if it’s a hint of what’s to come!

Hmmmm. This post just got me thinking this whole "Class specific" returns business could be a BIG help in getting Khem back. To my recollection the problem was ALWAYS which Khem do you give back based on his companion quest outcome to NON-Inq characters. Problem solved. If he is ONLY returned to Inquisitor characters we can sidestep that whole issue and just use whichever version the person picked in their class story.

Hmmmm. This post just got me thinking this whole "Class specific" returns business could be a BIG help in getting Khem back. To my recollection the problem was ALWAYS which Khem do you give back based on his companion quest outcome to NON-Inq characters. Problem solved. If he is ONLY returned to Inquisitor characters we can sidestep that whole issue and just use whichever version the person picked in their class story.

Same for Jaessa. It could open up new paths. You had LS Jaessa and now want to turn her DS. Or you had LS Jaessa and she wasn't a LI but now she can be, etc etc.

Edited by kodrac

Well a bit disappointed myself. Finally get Andronikos back, but I hope it's more than something like "Hey Sith! Sooo... I was in jail this whole time. I just got out. Miss me?"

P.S. If you are gonna do class specific only now, bring Khem back!

Edited by Vultura