Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

EricMusco

=uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu;9514686]With regards to an alliance alert being something to do at least, come on, who doesn't have an alt SI and Smuggler at this point? It's not like the people complaining will actually not get to play the alerts. Pretty much everybody has alts of each class at this late stage in the game. At least pretty much everyone in every guild I've ever joined except for pure newbies to the game have always had loads of alts.

I can honestly say that if it hadn't been for the legendary status or the Dark & Light event I would have never made a bounty hunter. I never liked the bounty hunter and it is the least played of all my character. She is 70 and finished the class story (mainly because I can't stand not having my characters at the max rank) but I haven't even brought her through Makeb, Ziost, Revan not to mention the Valkorion chapters.

I do have various alts of the other classes but only one bounty hunter as that is how much I disliked that class.

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can honestly say that if it hadn't been for the legendary status or the Dark & Light event I would have never made a bounty hunter. I never liked the bounty hunter and it is the least played of all my character. She is 70 and finished the class story (mainly because I can't stand not having my characters at the max rank) but I haven't even brought her through Makeb, Ziost, Revan not to mention the Valkorion chapters.

I do have various alts of the other classes but only one bounty hunter as that is how much I disliked that class.

Same here with the smuggler. I have probably 4 Knights and 3 Warriors all maxed out lvl-wise and gear-wise but i left the smuggler when i completed the main storyline.

I don't mind that we won't get certain companions for all classes - at least I don't have to slog through the same mission for every toon, simply to get the companion. However, unless the amount of content involved is, say, on the order of Shroud of Memory mission, I am going to be very disappointed. Edited by Kurj

Hmm, another thing occurs to me. If (some) companions are going back to being class-specific, can they also come back to the ship? I think it's ridiculous how a reclaimed companion on the class they came from still avoids the ship like the plague.

I get coding new people in new places on the ship may be a mess, but can you just put the ones who are back... well, back?

Hmm, another thing occurs to me. If (some) companions are going back to being class-specific, can they also come back to the ship? I think it's ridiculous how a reclaimed companion on the class they came from still avoids the ship like the plague.

I get coding new people in new places on the ship may be a mess, but can you just put the ones who are back... well, back?

I agree, but I think BW's approach to class ships has been to all but abandon them.

The galaxy map makes them moot, as does a number of other travel option in the game, most recently those added to the group finder.

Player housing is in now in Strongholds, so they don't hold that purpose any longer either.

I think the only thing ships do now that is unique is advance class story dialogue, in some cases with companions that can't be done elsewhere, and let you pick up on-rail space PVE missions, which were never popular to begin with.

When it's clear BW doesn't really have the staff/funds to keep up with the entire game, non-essentials get left aside. Our player ships have certainly been put in that catagory, alongside much of the 1-50 original game generally (even if that is still the best content that was ever made for SWTOR).

Bug fixes ever since 4.0 to the launch game certainly come to mind as having been left aside as unimportant, with only KotFE and KotET-era content getting real attention. Bugs and problems even in class stories don't really get any attention.

Edited by arunav

Eric, regarding Risha/Corso/Andronikos -- do we need KOTFE/ET completed before we can take their mission? I've seen it said they'll return via an alert so I'd venture to guess KOTFE/ET progress won't matter but I'd still rather know whether to push my Sinq and Smuggler to finish the story or not.

When it's clear BW doesn't really have the staff/funds to keep up with the entire game, non-essentials get left aside. Our player ships have certainly been put in that catagory, alongside much of the 1-50 original game generally (even if that is still the best content that was ever made for SWTOR). Bug fixes ever since 4.0 to the launch game certainly come to mind as having been left aside as unimportant, with only KotFE and KotET-era content getting real attention. Bugs and problems even in class stories don't really get any attention.

But this seems like such an odd thing, be it bug or feature. Unless the reclaimed companions are separate entities (which I don't think is generally the case as my T7 still had the correct customization) why do they not appear in the ship on the proper class? If you reclaim your original ship droid does it show up?

And while yes, I can see and agree with your argument, it'd be nice to at least get an acknowledgement, even if that only amounts to "it's not a priority, sorry".

Any chance dual spec to be impemented as feature on Road map and Beyond ? it would greatly help fellow players of this game i think, and is one of most wanted features long time, from what i know, thanks.

I know it's been talked about a lot over the years and bioware claims they have it on their "wall" but it's never really mentioned by them. It's not something they bring up so I doubt we get that save your spec and layout feature gamers have wanted.

Now, if you are just talking about being able to change specs (not adv classes) then you can already do that. A dual spec option is there in the legacy perks. Buy it and change anytime you want. It just doesn't save your layouts/hot bars.

But this seems like such an odd thing, be it bug or feature. Unless the reclaimed companions are separate entities (which I don't think is generally the case as my T7 still had the correct customization) why do they not appear in the ship on the proper class? If you reclaim your original ship droid does it show up?

And while yes, I can see and agree with your argument, it'd be nice to at least get an acknowledgement, even if that only amounts to "it's not a priority, sorry".

I reclaimed Vector from the companion terminal and he appears on my ship. But the ship's droid does not because he's on Odessen, so he's one of the pod people.

I reclaimed Vector from the companion terminal and he appears on my ship. But the ship's droid does not because he's on Odessen, so he's one of the pod people.

Companion terminal is different. That merely undoes the removal of the original companion. But if Vector had returned to the story and you got him back that way, he would not show up. Even if you previously reclaimed him from the terminal. So even that is a huge ***. If they don't want to automatically code returning comps to be on their old spots in teh ship, why does it override the terminal?

Companion terminal is different. That merely undoes the removal of the original companion. But if Vector had returned to the story and you got him back that way, he would not show up. Even if you previously reclaimed him from the terminal. So even that is a huge ***. If they don't want to automatically code returning comps to be on their old spots in teh ship, why does it override the terminal?

My point is that I think they ARE separate entities. Look at Quinn. He'd been renamed and when someone like my Agent (who sided with the Empire on Iokath) dismisses him as a companion, he doesn't go to his decorative place in my stronghold; he remains a hologram because his original model was named "Malavai Quinn" and the pod person version is just named "Quinn." (My SW placed him in the stronghold during their original story; they hadn't done KotFE yet, so it was "Original Quinn" being placed. I'm sure if my agent placed Pod Person Quinn, he'd appear as THAT model.)

I think we're making the same point, just saying it differently.

Companions returned via terminal (so long as they haven't been returned to the story) appear back on your ship because they haven't been converted to pod people.

I'm not looking forward to Pod Person Vector. Because on top of not returning to the ship, pod people's mouths don't move and they don't say their original "you poked me lines." Who else is going to tell me that the electrons are singing or that he's going to work on his memoirs? :(

It's also super annoying when you click on an opposite faction pod person because they say NOTHING; you just get this "you are ineligible for this conversation" warning (though they WILL speak when you give them gifts. 50% of the time their mouths don't move.)

My point is that I think they ARE separate entities. Look at Quinn. He'd been renamed and when someone like my Agent (who sided with the Empire on Iokath) dismisses him as a companion, he doesn't go to his decorative place in my stronghold; he remains a hologram because his original model was named "Malavai Quinn" and the pod person version is just named "Quinn." (My SW placed him in the stronghold during their original story; they hadn't done KotFE yet, so it was "Original Quinn" being placed. I'm sure if my agent placed Pod Person Quinn, he'd appear as THAT model.)

I think we're making the same point, just saying it differently.

Companions returned via terminal (so long as they haven't been returned to the story) appear back on your ship because they haven't been converted to pod people.

I'm not looking forward to Pod Person Vector. Because on top of not returning to the ship, pod people's mouths don't move and they don't say their original "you poked me lines." Who else is going to tell me that the electrons are singing or that he's going to work on his memoirs? :(

It's also super annoying when you click on an opposite faction pod person because they say NOTHING; you just get this "you are ineligible for this conversation" warning (though they WILL speak when you give them gifts. 50% of the time their mouths don't move.)

If that's the case, why is Vette not back on the Warrior's ship? And do you now as a warrior have two decos, Vette and "podVette"? I think some companions may be different- SCORPIO definitely is as in KOTFE she's ranged, but others are not (like I said, my T7 still had the proper customization on him when I ran my Knight through).

Unless they changed the management system on the backend somehow. Original comps are in compArray1 and have hooks in the starship, but KOTFE comps are in compArray2 and do not. Even if you get the same companion entity back, if they're in compArray2 they may not be able to use the hooks in the ship because they expect a compArray1 address. I'm no programmer but I even know there's plenty of ways to get to a silly situation like that.

Game Update 5.7 – Legacy of the Creators

[*]Returning Companions! (these Missions will be Class-specific)

• Risha & Corso
  • Andronikos

It's been five years. Risha should be off running her own planet now.

I've been seriously missing Corso, but given his oath about how we're family now, he'd better have a damn good reason for why he didn't tear Zakuul apart trying to find me.

When can we expect an end to this dreadful traitor arc?

If that's the case, why is Vette not back on the Warrior's ship? And do you now as a warrior have two decos, Vette and "podVette"? I think some companions may be different- SCORPIO definitely is as in KOTFE she's ranged, but others are not (like I said, my T7 still had the proper customization on him when I ran my Knight through).

Vette isn't back on the ship because she's been returned in the story. She's a pod person, a new model, not the original Vette. She also doesn't move her lips when my SW, who completed her return chapter, pokes her. Seeing as I didn't kill Vette and then retrieve her from the terminal I have no idea if the "Returned Returned Vette" reverts back the the original, non-pod person version of her.

Doctor Lokin, who my agent got back, doesn't appear on the ship. Neither does Kaliyo, SCORPIO, Temple, or the Ship's Droid.

Only Vector. Which is probably fine in my Agent's eyes anyway.

Companions who haven't been returned to the story and have been retrieved via the terminal, appear back on the ship because they haven't been converted yet.

As for seeing if the SH placements are different, I don't know because I don't place duplicate characters in my SH. But I am going to go into the game and find out :)

Companions who haven't been returned to the story and have been retrieved via the terminal, appear back on the ship because they haven't been converted yet.

As for seeing if the SH placements are different, I don't know because I don't place duplicate characters in my SH. But I am going to go into the game and find out :)

Okay, finished my experiment.

So I'm kinda wrong but not entirely?

(Disclaimer: My Agent is my main, is fully caught up with the story, and didn't start getting serious about SH decorating until after KotFE started, so my Agent was placing the KotFE versions of the companions AKA: pod people.)

Vette, for a SW who hasn't done KotFE, appears in her "pod-person" spot when she's not the active companion. Obviously she's on the ship because she hasn't been taken away yet (SW tested has yet to start Shadow of Revan). When she's poked, her mouth moves when she says her "you poked me" lines.

Vette, for a SW who stopped playing KotFE once he got her back, appears in her "Pod-person" spot and is NOT on the ship. When he pokes her, she says the EXACT SAME LINES as before, but her mouth does not move/there is no facial animation.

SCORPIO appears in her "pod person spot" on an agent who hasn't started KotFE. Weirdly enough, she appears with her electrostaff.

SCORPIO, for my main agent, is a hologram because she's gone in the story. I can retrieve her from the terminal, but only under the "Lost since KotFE started" which would be the pod-person version. But that SCORPIO didn't show her customization in cut scenes and used a blaster rifle (I didn't bother actually retrieving her for this experiment because my agent needed another companion like my male SW needed those pink/purple dye packs he got from cantina crates. She's got upwards towards 50 of them by now).

Quinn...

QUINN is COMPLETELY JACKED UP though. For this experiment I had my agent place "Pod Person Quinn" next to the "Real Quinn" version my SW had placed way back when.

Original Quinn on a SW who hasn't done KotFE appears like normal. Pod Person Quinn is a naked hologram.

Original Quinn on my Agent appears as a hologram (fully dressed BTW) and Pod Person Quinn appears (fully clothed) as normal.

Original Quinn, on my SW who has started KotFE and stopped when he got Vette back, appeared as a hologram as both versions, the Pod Person version was naked. For this experiment, he went to the terminal and retrieved him. Original Quinn appeared as normal, Pod Person Quinn was still a naked hologram. Oh, and Quinn, who had been absent from the ship, was returned to his regular place on the ship. Vette has not.

What I think happened:

I still think these are different models. They were probably converted to allow them to work for other classes. I think this because their mouths don't move. At all. Returned Vette, Doctor Lokin, Talos Drellik, they don't move for either their original "owners" (for lack of a better word) who got them back or for their new ones.

However, I think BW took a bit more time with the conversion to make it appear seamless...for the companions who were returned in KotFE (either in the story or in an Alliance Alert). But they also cut corners. They probably thought we wouldn't notice the lack of animation on the companions' faces and as for them not appearing on the ship...well they thought nobody would really use their ships with the new quick travels (which is true for the most part), PLUS a lot of companions were still missing so they could use that as an excuse.

But then they were under the gun and had to make cuts, so they didn't take the time to dot all the "I's" and cross all the "T's" when it came to Iokath, and that's where the illusion fell apart. Just the fact that Quinn is called "Quinn" and not "Malavai Quinn" like his original model was proves this. Everyone calls him "Quinn." Everyone. So whoever was naming the model just called him that, probably not realizing that his original model used Quinn's first name. (I can't comment of Elara Dorne because I never placed her in any SH and my Agent sided with the Empire.)

So the real test of this will come when Andronikus, Corso, and Risha are returned for their original class owners. There's no need to really convert them because they won't be cross-class companions. Maybe THOSE guys will have their mouths move and appear on our ships because there's no real need to fiddle with them. I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.

I can understand the complaint about mouths not moving during VOs, but appearing on ships? Who cares... The ships have not been part of the story for ages and wtih strongholds and all the new hub zones no one even spends time there. There are far more pressing issues than that (like mouths not moving for example)

I'm just happy I'm getting my farm boy back. My smuggler is about to lose Theron so this is good timing. But he better have a good explanation on why he didn't meet up with me on Port Nowhere after he knew I was alive. I searched for him there but he didn't.

Well at least my smuggler crew will be complete, how about Kira and Jaesa now? With the option of having Jaesa light or dark.

Complete? Not yet. Akaavi hasn't returned yet. Most will after this but the smuggler crew is still missing one.

But my poor consular has yet to receive any other than one. I would prefer Iresso over those.

Edited by casirabit

...so as of right now, no resolution to the current storyline and no hope on the horizon of more story chapters for at least another two months, then? :(

Didnt BW come out and straight up say after KOTeT that they were going to work on group content and get the OP out before anymore story? So you have a bit of wait still.

Didnt BW come out and straight up say after KOTeT that they were going to work on group content and get the OP out before anymore story? So you have a bit of wait still.

I don't mind the wait as long as it actually does end up providing some real story content and not just two minutes of fp lead up. Eventually, I'd like to try my hand at some ops but my guild is just a little teeny one right now and since I have a visual impairment I don't want to queue up and hinder people who aren't aware of my special needs.

They also said that the OP would come out in 2017 in its entirety and we did get story continuation with Iokath, Umbara and Copero. Plans change, I don't mind that, so it makes no sense to try to see their statements about what they want to do as an absolute truth. It's their intent and then life happens.

We just need to wait for the roadmap and get a better idea of what will happen this year. A lot needs to be done to make the game worthwhile playing again (or still) for a lot of players. A better more diverse reward system, better balancing of content and new things that are actually really exciting and no hidden unpleasant surprises are the first things that come to mind.