Change: +100% CXP boost consumable

ShadowGovernator

The new +100% CXP boost consumable that drops from Command crates is now legacy bound and does no longer stack. No one asked for this BW.

I used to donate this CXP boost consumable to my guild, that is no longer possible.

Also this new boost consumable is spreading like wildfire filling my already full legacy bank and inventory up.

Remove the bind and make it stack.

Just like it was originally.

I agree with the OP about making them stackable. I don't mind the legacy lock so much but I have two legacy bays full of them right now. And yes I could disintegrate them for cxp because they seem to have a decent drop rate but I have a hard time destroying things that I will actually use.

All "like items" should stack by default...they did...they don't. CXP boosts don't either, but they should. It's silly that items like this don't stack.

I agree.

They did stack one week ago before 5.6 launched and they could also be donated to guilds a week ago.

In general yes it's kind of silly - all CXP consumables that grant CXP should stack and the same with Command Crates.

Two things bother me with the change. One of which is the stacking of said item. The second of which is the time duration. The old ones (of which I have twenty atm) lasted for three hours with +100% Cxp that only worked from level 1 to Level 179. The new one (same as the supply vendor) only lasts for two hours, but works the entire time. That 1 hour was useful to my healer toon that took forever to get through the weekly daily area quests. Generally I would have roughly 25 minutes left on my buff after running all dailies. Now I have to burn 2 items or skip out on Section X and Makeb (the two that take the longest to run IMO).

I love the fact that the buff works the entire time. I love that we can get a copy for super cheap. Were these two things added into the new boost, I'd be ecstatic.

In other news, please bring back the daily ~1000 cxp daily quests for partial runs of these areas. It doesn't sound like much, but it was another option to run on the days where the weeklies were already finished.

I don't care much about them being legacy bound, everyone could get them if they wanted, but them not stacking means it's not viable to store them in a legacy bay. I play many characters, some might get more than they need, some less, and it'd just be much more convenient to have them all in one place when you need some.

I'm fine with them being Legacy bound because they sell the same item in the cash shop...I'm not fine with them not stacking.

If BW does not want people to trade in on the GTN as was possible one week ago, BW can still make it unsellable, but remove legacy bound, so it still can be donated to guilds.

If BW does not want people to trade in on the GTN as was possible one week ago, BW can still make it unsellable, but remove legacy bound, so it still can be donated to guilds.

But this still impacts cash shop sales, which I really don't care about, but I know the accountants at Bioware and EA do, so even if you dislike the cash shop, it still is a factor in this...I'm fine with these being Legacy bound because I think it's a good balance between being something we need to buy vs something we are able to earn.

Buy a stack off the Cartel Market and donate those...that's as good as I bet we'll ever get.

They stack, you just have to put them in a bank or something. It is sorta like the Jawa Junk, it has that invisible useless timer.

Jawa junk doesn't have an invisible timer. It just needs to be in the same inventory in order to be stacked. These new boosts, however, don't stack. At all. I don't care about the legacy bind, but they need to be changed to stack.

They stack for me.

The old blue ones, with the 1-179 requirement, and the blue ones purchased from the cartel market without a limit do stack. The purple ones (same ones bought for Command Tokens on fleet), do not stack outside of the command stash, and those are the ones that are now given in the command crates.

Edited by Elliraen

In your cargo bays or in your command stash? I'm leaving them in my command stash because once you withdraw them, they stop stacking for me...maybe I just haven't tried hard enough to stack em?

That's exactly right. You haven't tried hard enough. What's worse is that you don't even need to try very hard.

Jawa tokens can be made to stack in an inventory / cargo hold bay / legacy storage bay. Nominate one mini-stack to be the main stack, and drag the other mini-stacks of the same type onto it. The stacks merge (additively) until you reach 9999 on the main stack. The annoyance is that e.g. crafting materials will auto-merge if you right-click them in your inventory to send them to storage while the cargo/storage page is open, while Jawa tokens will not.

In your cargo bays or in your command stash? I'm leaving them in my command stash because once you withdraw them, they stop stacking for me...maybe I just haven't tried hard enough to stack em?

I put them in my legacy bank, AFTER I put them in they stack. You can't however move one from your inventory directly to the stack. Just like Jawa Junk, you have to put it in the legacy bank and then add it to the stack.

But this still impacts cash shop sales, which I really don't care about, but I know the accountants at Bioware and EA do, so even if you dislike the cash shop, it still is a factor in this...I'm fine with these being Legacy bound because I think it's a good balance between being something we need to buy vs something we are able to earn.

Buy a stack off the Cartel Market and donate those...that's as good as I bet we'll ever get.

Well I don't need more CXP that's why I have been donating it to my guild, let alone buy it from the cartel market.

It's not as good as we are going to get - as we just had it one week ago.