Please, I beg you: give Twi'lek,Togruta, Zabrak and Rattataki New Appearance Options.

Ylliarus

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you read my post at all before flipping out over it?

He only reads what supports his flawed point of view. The rest he just skims and attempts to distort it to make him feel like he is right and you're just some "liar" trying to discredit Bioware. After all Mr. Obvious knows what is right? Not the Player :rolleyes:

I don't tell lies

I am not even going to exhaust anymore time on you.

4 mins later...

He only reads what supports his flawed point of view. The rest he just skims and attempts to distort it to make him feel like he is right and you're just some "liar" trying to discredit Bioware. After all Mr. Obvious knows what is right? Not the Player :rolleyes:

Nice job not exhausting any more time on me.

I thought you said you didn't lie. ;):p

Have fun posting liar couple more times

Okay, but only because your lies are so obvious that they're easy to point out and share with everyone.

Mean while I'll do what I should have done when you started quoting me with your Biowaredrone crusade at the beginning.

/Ignore

Nice job ignoring me.

Oh and it couldn't be any more obvious than your lies what you're trying to do.

"Oh I'll bring this person who disagreed with him over to my side of things. That way we can both team up and I'll have someone to validate my opinions so I can feel better about myself."

Not to mention that you posted twice already in between the time that Nefla made that post which means you were so desperate that you actually went back to find that/any post that worked for you. It also didn't seem to occur to you that Nefla didn't continue responding to me.

Come on, you can do better than pathetic.

Also what a way to keep the thread on topic hypocrite ;)

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Fanboys (especially those who don't actually read what they reply to) who flip out at the idea that their beloved company can do any wrong and even get upset when people make suggestions or ask the company for certain additions...yeah I'm done with those people. I put Mr. high-and-mighty on ignore. He can fawn over BioWare as much as he likes but that wont change my mind about their current shortcomings. I'm not the only one who feels this way either, and pretending everything is perfect and wonderful and that anyone with criticism is just a big meany-poop with nothing valid to say doesn't help anything.

Anyway if BioWare did make the alien customization packs suggested, I'd buy them.

Fanboys (especially those who don't actually read what they reply to) who flip out at the idea that their beloved company can do any wrong

Except I've pointed out plenty of instances of them doing wrong.

and even get upset when people make suggestions or ask the company for certain additions

Where did I get upset at the suggestions?

...yeah I'm done with those people.

You're talking about me right now, so how exactly is that you being done with me?

I put Mr. high-and-mighty on ignore. He can fawn over BioWare as much as he likes but that wont change my mind about their current shortcomings.

Their current shortcomings? Bioware Austin has been in disarray since the game failed to be the WoW like success they thought it was going to be. The staff was gutted, Dr Greg left, Daniel Erikson left, the studio's annual budget was slashed, Makeb went from being a free update to a paid expansion, etc, etc.

But yeah, it's only the current Bioware that's been faulty huh?

I'm not the only one who feels this way either

Oh? What gave that away, the fact that you were replying to someone who was/is baiting you?

and pretending everything is perfect and wonderful

Yes clearly my above statement about their "current" short comings paints a picture of me thinking everything is perfect and wonderful.

Anyway if BioWare did make the alien customization packs suggested, I'd buy them.

Oh was that not obvious from before?

What is the point of the bickering going on in this thread? Get back on topic!

Not sure, both DarkEclipse and Nefla seem to be insanely hypocritical. Complaining about arguing and the thread going off topic while arguing and taking the thread off topic.

I need those new eyes on my Togruta Sith Warriror! :hope_02::wea_03:

Oh you'll get them eventually, but for whatever reason they've never released the new cosmetic features to all the races that can use them when a new cosmetic feature has been introduced.

I feel like it's one of the various problems that results as a part of the dev team being separate from the Cartel Market team.

I was hoping whether Eric or Keith could perhaps update us on the question whether something is in the works to include Twi'lek, Rattataki and Togruta into the new eye colours from the latest Expanded Selections bundle? It would be hugely appreciated to have some confirmation that maybe something is indeed in the works :) Edited by Ylliarus

I was hoping whether Eric or Keith could perhaps update us on the question whether something is in the works to include Twi'lek, Rattataki and Togruta into the new eye colours from the latest Expanded Selections bundle? It would be hugely appreciated to have some confirmation that maybe something is indeed in the works :)

You might have noticed that cartel market items aren't typically discussed much unless it's something like the Master's Datacron and I believe that's because the Cartel Market team is a separate team.

The typical response or best they can generally say is something like "I'll pass it a long to the team."

We really know very little about how the character creation works, what goes into making a new race, etc. Character creation is one of the least talked about aspects of MMOs post launch, and typically one of the least touched parts of an MMO post launch. Think about how little character creation changes or is over hauled in games like WoW, SWTOR, STO, ESO, GW2, etc.

If I had to venture a guess I'd say the amount of people playing Twi'leks is probably too low for them to think it's worth overhauling the Twi'leks.

For instance lets say 10,000 people are using Humans and 1,000 people are using Twi'leks. Whoever is crunching the numbers will look at the amount of people playing Humans and see money to be made there while not seeing much potential for sales from the Twi'lek. Now I know what you're thinking "But more people would make/use Twi'leks if they gave them more options!" but that's not the way they look at it because that's an uncertainty from their point of view.

Humans are the most commonly played species in the game by far, and that is nearly always the case in games that have multiple playable species. As such I agree that the reason why many more customization options have been released for human characters is because humans are played more often.

I'm not so sure about Twi'leks being an unpopular choice however. Of the aliens I do see running around Fleet or encounter in Flashpoints, Twi'leks seem to be one of the more popular choices. I probably see more Twi'leks than any other alien Rep side (though Togruta has to be close) and Imp side they seem to be either second or third behind Chiss and Pureblood Sith. Of course that's anecdotal though. I'd love to see Bioware release statistics for the most played species.

In any case Twi'lek can't be less popular than Mirialan, which has to be among the least played. You rarely see any greenies running around, at least compared to some of the others. Mirialans had additional appearance options released on the Cartel Market.

Humans are the most commonly played species in the game by far, and that is nearly always the case in games that have multiple playable species. As such I agree that the reason why many more customization options have been released for human characters is because humans are played more often.

I'm not so sure about Twi'leks being an unpopular choice however. Of the aliens I do see running around Fleet or encounter in Flashpoints, Twi'leks seem to be one of the more popular choices. I probably see more Twi'leks than any other alien Rep side (though Togruta has to be close) and Imp side they seem to be either second or third behind Chiss and Pureblood Sith. Of course that's anecdotal though. I'd love to see Bioware release statistics for the most played species.

In any case Twi'lek can't be less popular than Mirialan, which has to be among the least played. You rarely see any greenies running around, at least compared to some of the others. Mirialans had additional appearance options released on the Cartel Market.

I agree, but you have to keep in mind that things like new hairstyles (which is probably what sells better than the other cosmetic race items) can't map to Twi'leks where as they can map to pretty much every other race like Mirilians without any problems.

Sadly with Twi'leks being the most "alien" of the playable species they get passed over in ways that the other species that are basically all identical don't.

Back when the game was in Alpha/Beta there were apparently a lot of problems with the Twi'lek leku. Not only with them clipping through clothing, but just their physics glitching out, them disappearing entirely in some cases, and things like that which is why while disappointed by the Togruta leku I eventually realized "Oh this is probably the one and only way they discovered to model them that cause a bunch of issues."

Side Note - There's a great bonus feature on The Incredibles that goes into the numerous issues/problems with hair physics and whenever I'm playing a modern game and thinking about how most games still don't have hair physics I eventually think back to that Incredibles feature and think "Oh right, that's why we rarely see hair physics."

Also I found a way to fix the male Twi'lek faces ;)

https://imgur.com/ro93W4m

I recently made a new togruta sith inquisitor. Was looking forward to using one of the inquisitor-only scars -- only apparently togruta can't have scars? Why the heck not?! A couple other races have more appearance sliders than togrutas, so it isn't like they ran out of room for a slider.

Seriously, I want a scarred sith togruta. Even if they have to limit the scars available because the ones that go over the side/back of the head won't map to the togruta montrals/lekku.

The BioWare of today tends to seem passionless and eager to cut corners and take the path of least resistance to make a quick buck. Every cost cutting move they’ve pulled such as DA2’s human-only, one backstory that’s not playable or fleshed out, reused maps, and short game length, DA:I’s focus on style (graphics, big pretty maps that are lifeless, generic chosen one story and cliched evil world destroying villain) over substance, character, story, roleplaying, or side quests-ME3 completely shifting tone and becoming a generic grimdark shooter, SWtOR moving from 8 unique stories down to two faction stories on Illum and Makeb down again to one story that changed a little based on your alignment/decisions to a one size fits all story that plays out the same way regardless of your class, alignment, decisions, or relationships-all of that has pushed me further and further away from BioWare until this is the only game of theirs I play

If it weren’t for my friend deciding she wants to be a gamer and buying a 6 month subscription I wouldn’t even be playing SWtOR anymore. Each game has soured me on BW more and more and after many years and many games being so enthralled and devoted I skipped my first BioWare game since I started with KotOR (Mass Effect Andromeda-and it looks like I dodged a major bullet with that dumpster fire). It would take an extreme tidal wave of fantastic fan feedback and reviews for me to even consider buying another one of their games and I don’t see that happening. More likely they’ll be added to the pile of studios EA has bought, run into the ground, and completely destroyed. Maybe this focus on the lowest common denominator, the player who just goes with the default because they don’t care about making a character, who skips the cutscenes and dialogue because they don’t care about story, who doesn’t want a challenge but even so, won’t finish the game, maybe catering to this type of person is lucrative but that person certainly isn’t me.

You hit the nail right on the head. A painful, sad truth. I remain hopeful the tides will still turn, but then again I am always foolishly hopeful.

I recently made a new togruta sith inquisitor. Was looking forward to using one of the inquisitor-only scars -- only apparently togruta can't have scars? Why the heck not?! A couple other races have more appearance sliders than togrutas, so it isn't like they ran out of room for a slider.

Seriously, I want a scarred sith togruta. Even if they have to limit the scars available because the ones that go over the side/back of the head won't map to the togruta montrals/lekku.

I know right? I don't get it. They could limit the scars like you said or treat the montrals the way that hair is treated as in scars go into the hair but don't affect the hair, they just disappear into it. What I REALLY don't get is why Togruta can't have complexions? You're stuck with a flat and lifeless face like a mask.

Very true on all counts, especially about Mirialans being unpopular but still getting additional customization. I think most people that are going to go with what boils down to a recolored human are going to go with Chiss. I've never been in a group of people either loitering around or in a flashpoint or whatever and had it be all human (not even counting myself as I never play human). The amount of Twi'leks and Togruta I've seen FAR outstrip Mirialans and Cyborgs but both of the latter have gotten extra customizations.

Both the Cathar and Togruta felt underwhelming in a number of areas and I imagine that will continue if/when they add another race.

As for the scars, it remains baffling why they never opened up the class specific features (tattoos & scars) to more races/classes.

It seems really strange that Twi'leks have legacy unlocks with skin colors and markings and no other race or class has anything like that. For example when/if you finish Chapter 3 with a Sith Inquisitor the Inquisitor scars should open up to all races/classes via a legacy unlock. Same with the Empire and Republic versions of the Zabrak. Their horns, tattoos, and skin colors should be made available to opposite faction version.

I get the impression that outside of creating Cathar and Togruta that the dev team never really touches the character creation. They overhauled the UI for it awhile back, but I can think of anything off the top of my head that's been changed from what was their at launch, not counting the cartel market features, which don't even show up in the character creator unless you bought the options already. The only way to view those is at a Designer Kiosk.

You hit the nail right on the head. A painful, sad truth. I remain hopeful the tides will still turn, but then again I am always foolishly hopeful.

You have to keep in mind that Bioware Austin and Bioware Edmonton aren't the same teams. We tend to lump them together because the short comings of both teams started happening around the same time, but it's not like Bioware Austin became bad as a result of Bioware Edmonton getting worse or vice versa.

At one point there was a team named Bioware Victory working on a Command & Conquer game (which got canceled) and I wonder if they too would have gotten lumped in with Edmonton and Austin or if people would have not counted them as Bioware. In other words does Austin get lumped in with Edmonton because the one game they put out is also an RPG.

Bioware Austin always seemed more like EA Multiplayer Studio #4 than an extension of Bioware Edmonton especially given how Austin is basically never referenced in many situations that talk about Bioware. It's always more like "Oh right, those guys exist."

This is an upgrade I would really love to have.

As you can see from my sig, I've wanted the bug where you can't get the white skin on the Imperial Zabraks if you're picking any non SW/SI class for years. I really wanted BioWare to fix the bug for free since it's clearly a bug and not a design choice. But at this point I would settle for a Grand Zabrak appearance pack. In it I'd put new tattoos, new hairstyles and horn patterns, new eye colors, and new skin tones. Ideally actually I'd love to be able to merge the 2 Zabrak styles so you could get all mixes of sharp vs dull horns, tattoo patterns, skin tones, etc...

I think Twi'lek need new lekku patterns, new faces, and new skin tones. I wish we could get a bunch of the Togruta skin tones ported over to Twi'leks, like the purple skin tones! Oh, and I'd like some new headbands. In Jedi Academy there was an option to have black leather wrapped around the lekku and I'd love that as a permanent headgear option (even if it was technically a lekku pattern style and overrode the tattoos).

As you can see from my sig, I've wanted the bug where you can't get the white skin on the Imperial Zabraks if you're picking any non SW/SI class for years. I really wanted BioWare to fix the bug for free since it's clearly a bug and not a design choice. But at this point I would settle for a Grand Zabrak appearance pack. In it I'd put new tattoos, new hairstyles and horn patterns, new eye colors, and new skin tones. Ideally actually I'd love to be able to merge the 2 Zabrak styles so you could get all mixes of sharp vs dull horns, tattoo patterns, skin tones, etc...

I think Twi'lek need new lekku patterns, new faces, and new skin tones. I wish we could get a bunch of the Togruta skin tones ported over to Twi'leks, like the purple skin tones! Oh, and I'd like some new headbands. In Jedi Academy there was an option to have black leather wrapped around the lekku and I'd love that as a permanent headgear option (even if it was technically a lekku pattern style and overrode the tattoos).

Ooh I would love lekku wraps (for male Twi'leks too)!

Ooh I would love lekku wraps (for male Twi'leks too)!

Me too. And goggles and fixed (not-animated lekku) in different positions.. I feel like a broken record. They could probably do the goggles above head for everyone though. Just make it a cartel headset and place them above the forehead. We have so many variations of them but they are never slung round the neck or above your brow.

https://imgur.com/a/t6UnU - Female Lekku wraps q_q

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/1d/1f/f8/1d1ff80c994c14ff5d488fb12d23d047--star-wars-rpg-star-wars-characters.jpg - Male

If only we had a Twi'lek Cartel Pack <sobs> like this mod >

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=815484526