Please, I beg you: give Twi'lek,Togruta, Zabrak and Rattataki New Appearance Options.

Ylliarus

Do they really just not like twi'leks that much or are they just inept?

I just completely fail to understand it. Are the Twi'lek eye designs different? Are they seperate from the other species' models? What is the reason, I want to understand why.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just completely fail to understand it. Are the Twi'lek eye designs different? Are they seperate from the other species' models? What is the reason, I want to understand why.

That's exactly what I thought, would it really be that hard to just copy and paste them over?

Edited by darthisraphel

That's exactly what I thought, would it really be that hard to just copy ans paste them over?

I just really want an answer from the developers because I wouldn't be this angry if I hadn't stressed in the messages to the devs the importance of including Twi'lek and not excluding them. If there is a technical difficulty then an answer will silence my anger but right now I am just really mad. Why did the Mirialans get the option and Twi'lek not. Why? Why them and not Twi'lek?

Even in every single thread I had created about an Acina/Sith i inspired eye colour I stressed the importance of the inclusion of Twi'lek into the appearance option. How could that be overlooked, how?

Edited by Ylliarus

My 4 dark side sith are twilek, so I can't use any of the new eyes at all. Please, fix it, Keith :(

The entire purpose of my crusade for a Sith/Acina-inspired eye colour was to be able to give my Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer the iconic yellow Sith eyes. It's not something exotic and alien I am asking, Darth Atroxa from the Sacrifice trailer had those yellow Sith eyes and she was a Twi'lek.

So with the Appearance Option now added into the game but the character I wanted it for so badly being excluded from using it because for some inexplicable reason Bioware hates Twi'lek, I feel your frustration.

Edited by Ylliarus

The entire purpose of my crusade for a Sith/Acina-inspired eye colour was to be able to give my Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer the iconic yellow Sith eyes. It's not something exotic and alien I am asking, Darth Atroxa from the Sacrifice trailer had those yellow Sith eyes and she was a Twi'lek.

So with the Appearance Option now added into the game but the character I wanted it for so badly being excluded from using it because for some inexplicable reason Bioware hates Twi'lek, I feel your frustration.

on the bright side this is one of the biggest threads I've seen on the topic recently.

Bumping again. Before it's buried under 40 pages of other threads. There so many visual problems with this new patch. The eyes look like dead zombie and are washed out and the hair is still is green puke colour with no jet black. And I am still waiting for a response on the situation with Twi'lek 'Mega' Customization Appearance Bundle.

Bumping again. Before it's buried under 40 pages of other threads. There so many visual problems with this new patch. The eyes look like dead zombie and are washed out and the hair is still is green puke colour with no jet black. And I am still waiting for a response on the situation with Twi'lek 'Mega' Customization Appearance Bundle.

The overall new eye designs I happen to absolutely love, they make the eyes of our characters look a lot more realistic and have more depth in my personal opinion. I am just frustrated and angry that the Twi'lek didn't get the new Sith-inspired yellow eye colours from the new appearance options bundle as well.

After that can we also get the mega Zabrak bundle, though theres no doubt that twi'leks need one first.:rak_03::rak_03:

I very much agree, we really need "mega" bundles to even out the loads of additional appearance customization options that humans got. Various species need them, starting with Twi'lek, then Zabrak, Rattataki, Miraluka etc etc

I very much agree, we really need "mega" bundles to even out the loads of additional appearance customization options that humans got. Various species need them, starting with Twi'lek, then Zabrak, Rattataki, Miraluka etc etc

What would you suggest they add with the Rattataki pack? new makeup and tattoos and the such?:rak_02:

All the cool Togruta skin colors and the only one that looks good to me is the darkest blue-grey because it hides the face that their faces have no texture or life to them. Without complexions (and scars and makeup) it's just like a rubber mask.

What would you suggest they add with the Rattataki pack? new makeup and tattoos and the such?:rak_02:

Definitely, new tattoos would be great, some more complexions (aka one completely clean complextion without any weird blue stains or shadows or whatever, just a clean complexion), new piercings would be nice to see.

Definitely, new tattoos would be great, some more complexions (aka one completely clean complextion without any weird blue stains or shadows or whatever, just a clean complexion), new piercings would be nice to see.

New piercings and maybe some new eye colors that wouldn't break cannon would be neato too.:rak_03:

New piercings and maybe some new eye colors that wouldn't break cannon would be neato too.:rak_03:

Well, fifty shades of gray (literally) would be somewhat boring as to the eye colours but one or two extra would be nice. I could see the new yellow ones from the newest appearance customization options bundle work as Dark Side corruption eye colour, aka yellow Sith eyes. But yeah new tattoos and piercings/ornaments would be hugely appreciated.

Well, fifty shades of gray (literally) would be somewhat boring as to the eye colours but one or two extra would be nice. I could see the new yellow ones from the newest appearance customization options bundle work as Dark Side corruption eye colour, aka yellow Sith eyes. But yeah new tattoos and piercings/ornaments would be hugely appreciated.

and this is slightly off topic, but why can't I use empire zabrak customization on republic zabraks and vice versa?

I mean the republic zabrak horns are all stubby but then you look at a character like Maris brood who seems to be a irodonian but her horns are more like a dathamirian zabrak.

Again another update and no new appearances for the Zabrak, Twi'lek, Togruta, and Rattataki. The maker or who ever only want to make easy appearances changes and won't satisfy those who play characters that have very few appearance choices happy. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I do have some good news regarding this! I sent Keith 2 PM's, one about possible Appearance Customization Options bundles for specific races and one about the fact Twi'lek, Togruta etc etc are not included in the new Appearance Options: Expanded Selections bundle. To both I got the reply that Keith would send them over to the appropriate people in the development team to talk the comments over and see what could be done for the various species :)

I do have some good news regarding this! I sent Keith 2 PM's, one about possible Appearance Customization Options bundles for specific races and one about the fact Twi'lek, Togruta etc etc are not included in the new Appearance Options: Expanded Selections bundle. To both I got the reply that Keith would send them over to the appropriate people in the development team to talk the comments over and see what could be done for the various species :)

That's farther I've ever gotten, good job!:rak_01:

They said the same thing about the cartel machine. Guess time will tell. If the thread keeps going until page 50 then maybe it will be noticed enough by the cartel team and we might finally get a huge pack for Twi'leks etc.

Well, with Keith having said in his reply to me that he'd be sending my comments/suggestions over to the design and art teams I hope that the people responsible for such things have learned of the need for a Twi'lek, Zabrak and Rattataki bundle (plus the other species naturally). I trust Keith ^_^

Even without creating any new art assets there's a number of things that can be done in/with character creation.

- Make the Empire Zabrak skin tones, tattoos, and horns legacy options for the Republic Zabrak and vice versa the same way Twi'leks do.

- Separate the horns from the hair styles & give Zabrak's access to all hair styles with horns clipping through the hair. The hairstyles that were exclusive to Zabraks could be given to to other races as well.

- Separate Eyebrows, Complextions, and Makeup from one another and make them their own separate categories.

- Add the other player faces to Twi'leks.

- Allow the race + class specific tattoos and scars to be used by all races and classes.

- Give all the existing to skin tones to all the races where it makes sense. For instance Zabrak, Sith, Togruta, and Twi'leks all have various shades of orange/red skin tones, but they're exclusive to those races when they could be shared. You could even add the Rattataki white skin tone to all races so that people could more easily make DS looking characters.

You could even tie those last two into achievements or race unlocks. For instance obtain Dark V on a character to unlock new DS features in the character creator. Do you have the Cyborg species unlocked? If so you'd then have the Cybernetic options unlocked for all races. You could even have/create hybrid characters through this method. For instance if let's say you have the Miraluka race unlocked you could then have their visors as a legacy unlock for other races like the Chiss for example.

At the end of the day BW/EA's biggest goals are to generate money and/or keep people playing inside the game as long as possible. The higher the population numbers, the longer time people are playing, etc, the better it looks to investors. This is why so many games do daily log in rewards. It's a way to keep their numbers up even if people are only logging into to collect the reward(s)

Now people have the option to unlock races with cartel coins (money investment) or by completing Chapter 3 (time investment) Both solutions are what EA/BW wants from players. This would also in turn create a wider variety in the types of characters we see in the game.

Oh and remember all of this could be done without having to create any new art assets and I can't imagine that it would be resource/time intensive in terms of coding either. They'd just be moving around what's already there essentially.

Edited by Darth-Obvious