Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What games will you be playing during the extended downtime for the merge?

xordevoreaux

Uh oh, this is dangerous knowledge to have. If I mention it to my husband, I may not see him again for a very long time :confused:

Is the emulator multi-player or stand-alone? When I played SWG, I was a level 90 male twi'lek dancer. I stood up on top of the bar in the cantina wearing nothing but a skimpy pair of tighty whities. For some odd reason, I got a lot of flak from other male players to the point where female players were standing up for me. I don't think SWTOR's community is that hostile. Individuals, sure, that's always the case, but I have a feeling there's more space here to be yourself than you could ever be in SWG.

Edited by xordevoreaux

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, Star Trek Online... how I wish that was a proper ST game.

I mean, if the graphics were a little less horrible I might even invest my time on the game. As it is... meh.

It's free and doesn't lock anything out. So I figured I'd try it. Hasn't aged well but it still managed to employ DX 11 unlike a certain game of our acquaintance.

Space combat is good fun but the PvE queue is a little horrible.

I'm counting on 12+ hours of maintenance, more likely to go over than under. I remember the fiasco with uhm... was it the Chapter 10 release of KOTFE? Musco even started a forum game/give-away. Either ways I'll assume the worst and if it turns out to be not all that bad... bonus, woo!

Is the emulator multi-player or stand-alone? When I played SWG, I was a level 90 male twi'lek dancer. I stood up on top of the bar in the cantina wearing nothing but a skimpy pair of tighty whities. For some odd reason, I got a lot of flak from other male players to the point where female players were standing up for me. I don't think SWTOR's community is that hostile. Individuals, sure, that's always the case, but I have a feeling there's more space here to be yourself than you could ever be in SWG.

Dunno but it doesn't seem like it'd be the same game if it wasn't multiplayer. I didn't play it myself, only watched my husband play, but the social aspect was obviously a huge part of it.

Worth looking into it, anyway! I'm still going to twiddle my thumbs and wait for a City of Heroes emulator or successor, ho hum

Dunno but it doesn't seem like it'd be the same game if it wasn't multiplayer. I didn't play it myself, only watched my husband play, but the social aspect was obviously a huge part of it.

Worth looking into it, anyway! I'm still going to twiddle my thumbs and wait for a City of Heroes emulator or successor, ho hum

I'm far more at home here just from a generic playing perspective than I ever was in SWG, and that's all due to the storyline in SWTOR. Few games have as strong and as prominent of a story line as SWTOR. Coming from Everquest 2 before coming to SWTOR, I was very impressed with the story line. EQ's doesn't even come close.

Curious...do you think that's reflective of the times we live in now vs. then, or do you think it has more to do with the type of players playing this game vs. SWG? SWG had a healthy PvP population...and one that was none too forgiving.

It's free and doesn't lock anything out. So I figured I'd try it. Hasn't aged well but it still managed to employ DX 11 unlike a certain game of our acquaintance.

Space combat is good fun but the PvE queue is a little horrible.

My one big disappointment was STO (I had several, mainly with moving the ship), was that I couldn't aimless wander the halls of my ship early on, it was always part of a chapter that I could get into the hallways, and then I had to do something.

Curious...do you think that's reflective of the times we live in now vs. then, or do you think it has more to do with the type of players playing this game vs. SWG? SWG had a healthy PvP population...and one that was none too forgiving.

The times may have been a big factor and community/culture is self-reinforcing and takes a lot to turn it around.

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes....

Which ironically is probably the Star Wars EA game that is the reason they dont invest in SWTOR anymore, more money in mobile gaming these days it seems.

I have a flip phone and will never play a mobile game even if I get a smart phone. The road's more important.

Great reply...I absolutely agree. I would hope things would be different for you today.

Definitely different and some better and some worse. Living in Atlanta for 19 years several years ago good. Living in the middle middle of Florida...I don't sashay to the left or sashay to the right when walking through downtown Zephyrhills, I'll put that it that way.

Edited by xordevoreaux

You just need to have the discs and then download their client but it is an MMO. You play with other people. We play because of some of our friends from SWG. They both good games, just different.

I have a flip phone and will never play a mobile game even if I get a smart phone. The road's more important.

I have a smart phone but the wi-fi doesn't work on it. I know how to fix it but I don't for a similar reason as why you don't bother with smart phones.

I have a serious weakness for trading card games. I'd be doing nothing else but play those.

You just need to have the discs and then download their client but it is an MMO. You play with other people. We play because of some of our friends from SWG. They both good games, just different.

Good, it'd be novel as a stand-alone but I'd be tossing it off my hard drive not longer after installing it.

They said 12 hours. I expect 24. Would not be surprised at 72.

Yeah, TUX, we were talking about how it could be down for 2 days lol. Remember SOE and their server problems with SWG. Anything that could go wrong Might go wrong, since EA did the servers part of the deal, heheh:rolleyes:

But they did say 12 hours, even though they pretty much already have them mostly merged in some ways already, they still have to do the data /cache and player cache and data moving, etc, etc, etc.:(

Edited by MandFlurry

LOL, I can't say I can argue with that.

I'll be at work. If it's still down in the evening, I'll be in ESO. (Tuesday is the one night my raid team seems to be able to get it together, so I'd normally be in SWTOR.)

Conan Exiles

Civ V

Empire Total War

Well, that's what I normally play anyway, I unsubbed and left over a year ago, I just came back to manually move toons around before the forced mergers and see if the game was any better.

Ah, right, Empire.

I'll add that to my list as well.

I'm optimistically expecting 72 hours and will be pleasantly surprised if its anything below that. I'll be playing Hearthstone & binge watching stuff on Netflix/Amazon/Sky. I also have quite a few books on my Kindle that I really should make an effort to read.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.