Maintenance: October 31st, 2017

EricMusco

Conquest are off until after the merging of servers. We are in a time of peace right now. so bounty contract might still be on but it will not show up on the conquest because of the time of peace.

I understand that Casi, I was asking if the event will happen at all or just shifted to the later time because I can't see the usual menacing mercs with carbonite bounties that you run into on fleet when the event is up. Just wondering if they will show up in an hour or so now the cq time is shifted.

* edited to quote the post I was responding to, since someone else posted in the interim

Edited by Azreail

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 31st in order to apply Game Update 5.5a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 31 October 2017

TIME: 6:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1300 - 1600 UTC)

VERSION: 5.5a

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Eric,

Makeb weekly still gives 112 command Points. This was supposed to change. Did you guys forget about Makeb?

Makeb now rewards 8,000 CXP (Per Notes)

Edited by casirabit

When this maintenance was first announced I was hoping it would be to fix the latency issues APAC players were facing.

Also even though I play Miralukans, I must be one of the few who prefer the sparkly eyes over the previous eyes.

I don't mind the sparkly eyes. They're not that far away from the True Eyes of Skyrim mod.

When this maintenance was first announced I was hoping it would be to fix the latency issues APAC players were facing.

I'm not seeing any changes in the spikes from the West Coast. I'm getting them just running around my stronghold, let alone being in a WZ or FP.

I know they said to give them two weeks to work out the kinks and performance issues and its only been one, but is anyone from WC or APAC seeing any improvement yet?

Edited by Lxndra

Eric,

Makeb weekly still gives 112 command Points. This was supposed to change. Did you guys forget about Makeb?

Makeb now rewards 8,000 CXP (Per Notes)

Are you looking at the [weekly] or the [daily] that you accept on planet? Keep in mind there is a difference between the two. The weekly you will only do once this week, the dailies you will see back again tomorrow. The weekly will also be a single quest, not the multiple quests you run on the planet.

Also, I noticed an error with the patch today that may be worth pointing out for those that are like me and do not always fully close the game client. If you allow your game client to idle out and do not fully close it pre-patch for 5.5a it will not close and will not force you to patch.

What this means;

You will NOT get the increased CXP rewards for the weeklies if you notice you are not getting the increased WEEKLY CXP make sure you fully close the game client, and then restart the game as normal.

If you fully logged out and closed SWTOR pre-patch and patched when you logged in today, you should see the correctly increased CXP rewards.

The CXP rewards appear to have only been increased for the weekly, not the daily planet/daily quests.

CZ-198 granted me a little over 17k CPX once I relogged and made sure I allowed the client to patch.

Edited by Manathayria

Are you looking at the [weekly] or the [daily] that you accept on planet? Keep in mind there is a difference between the two. The weekly you will only do once this week, the dailies you will see back again tomorrow. The weekly will also be a single quest, not the multiple quests you run on the planet.

Also, I noticed an error with the patch today that may be worth pointing out for those that are like me and do not always fully close the game client. If you allow your game client to idle out and do not fully close it pre-patch for 5.5a it will not close and will not force you to patch.

What this means;

You will NOT get the increased CXP rewards for the weeklies if you notice you are not getting the increased WEEKLY CXP make sure you fully close the game client, and then restart the game as normal.

If you fully logged out and closed SWTOR pre-patch and patched when you logged in today, you should see the correctly increased CXP rewards.

The CXP rewards appear to have only been increased for the weekly, not the daily planet/daily quests.

CZ-198 granted me a little over 17k CPX once I relogged and made sure I allowed the client to patch.

Makeb isn't correct the rest appear to be correct.

Makeb isn't correct the rest appear to be correct.

Ouch. Good to know.

I noticed the difference in the other planets CXP because I allowed my main computer to patch but my other laptop idled out and did not do the patch. So when I logged the main in everything was fine. When I logged my second account in... not so much.

I didnt even notice the error with the actual update not forcing you to let it apply until I saw complaints about CZ not updating after I told everyone in guild they'd been buffed. I had to double check between my two and found this issue.

Also even though I play Miralukans, I must be one of the few who prefer the sparkly eyes over the previous eyes.

They can't fix that. If they could there would never have been such a think a regional servers. APAC and many west coast people are simply done. The infrastructure in the Midwest is just not up to par so if that's your route you're simply f**ked. But they knew this when they scrapped the west coast data center and losing you was deemed an acceptable loss. And they are counting on you to let them get away with taking your money anyway and effectively denying you an acceptable quality of service.

They need to focus on what they can fix. The most important issue facing the game at this time. THOSE DAMNED GOA'ULD EYES that are sometimes frosted eyelashes a drag queen stage performer would wear and sometimes an aquarium with no fish, but often times a teary/wistful anime characters eyes. And not the good animation. I mean that cheap toony crap from shows like Poke'mon. This is the #1 issue facing the game today. Everything else should be put on hold until it is resolved. They should be ashamed of themselves for this travesty more than any other.

Eye know right?! Get it? :D

This is super cereal!!! Way beyond serious...

They fix these horrendous eyes and everyone will love them again. Even APAC and WC players. At least the game can die with the dignity of realistic eyes. As it is currently it's like watching someone die and your last memory is them wallowing in your own urine and fece*, moaning and drooling on themselves. That what those stupid eyes represent.

LET SWTOR DIE WITH DIGNITY!!!!

Edited by Dayshadow

They can't fix that. If they could there would never have been such a think a regional servers. APAC and many west coast people are simply done. The infrastructure in the Midwest is just not up to par so if that's your route you're simply f**ked. But they knew this when they scrapped the west coast data center and losing you was deemed an acceptable loss. And they are counting on you to let them get away with taking your money anyway and effectively denying you an acceptable quality of service.

They need to focus on what they can fix. The most important issue facing the game at this time. THOSE DAMNED GOA'ULD EYES that are sometimes frosted eyelashes a drag queen stage performer would wear and sometimes an aquarium with no fish, but often times a teary/wistful anime characters eyes. And not the good animation. I mean that cheap toony crap from shows like Poke'mon. This is the #1 issue facing the game today. Everything else should be put on hold until it is resolved. They should be ashamed of themselves for this travesty more than any other.

It's not like cutscenes are a significant part of this game. It's absolutely fine to leave an Andromeda-scale bug in your game for an entire month.

No the reason for the move simply was due to cost as the west coast is more expensive to host a data center then where they have them now which is a more business friendly state.

All the dailies (which I'm assuming includes Makeb) are supposedly going to be improved after United Forces launches, or at least that's what I remember reading in the latest roadmap. I'm sure the devs are well aware we want all heroics to be daily. I'm sure they've been told countless times. They're also planning to make changes to conquest. This was also mentioned in the road map. So no one should be freaking out right now about any of that, particularly in the middle of a massive server merge.

The glisteny eyes do look dumb. I hope they get fixed, but if that is the biggest f@@@-up of this server merge, you can count yourselves very fortunate. I would recommend that while they fix the eye bug, they also make the sith eyes available to all races. Having to keep my twilek at dark side 1 to maintain her pretty sith eyes is a little inconvenient. But it's not the end of the world...

Thanks for the CXP boost. I have only been playing a year and as the tiers increase, having that boost is more and more helpful. People who have been playing since beta probably don't care, but it was a good call for new players.

What this means;

I have gotten all the increases today, except for Makeb. I am not the only one that has said that Makeb has a mistake, which is not unusual since 90% of the time Makeb conquests never count for the conquest either.

Edited by casirabit

Really disappointed that Makeb doesn't work. I actually really like Makeb, except dissonance wave, which bugged on me and I had to reset 2 steps from the end. 169 cmd points. :(

Shouldn't be surprised, since it doesn't work for conquest and doesn't show up in the command interface, but I was hopeful.

Edited by Krazhez

No the reason for the move simply was due to cost as the west coast is more expensive to host a data center then where they have them now which is a more business friendly state.

I never mentioned anything about why they moved them. Did you mean to reply to me?