Utility Changes coming in GU 5.6

EricMusco

You guys actually listened to reason? :eek: I am shocked, shocked I tell ya.

Edit: Could you also look at dps jugg defences while you are at it. Especially for ranked. DPS PTs would also like some love.

Ya, the DPS Juggs need Guard removed...

Edited by Foambreaker

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Here are some updated changes for Carnage and Combat from the dev team:

-eric

Hey Eric. Thank you guys for listening to the feedback for these changes, this isn't exactly what I was hoping for but it's much better and I appreciate that you guys were open to making some changes on it.

If things are still being looked at, Ataru Form Strikes still need a bit of tweaking due to this change. If some way of getting Ataru Form Strikes to benefit from Precision's buff isn't possible (perhaps a secondary buff/passive triggered by activating Precision, so it could be separated from Precision itself), a straight up damage buff for them as giorgo mentioned on the last page could also help. Not sure what it'd need to be, I imagine the value for that buff would have to be carefully chosen to avoid overbuffing them. I'll leave that to those that are more knowledgeable on it than I am.

Regardless, though, this change makes me feel a lot better. I'm really glad you guys listened.

Hey folks,

-eric

Lol, did you just listened to our feedback?? This didnt happen in a long time lol. You actually heard the voice of reason!

Now, what about ataru form strikes during ferocity and giving Dps pt a defense buff so it finally stop being garbage in pvp??

thanks

Edited by omaan

Now please reconsider the heals for the shield reserve utility. 1% is so small its a nightmare. Factor in the disadvantage of staying within the confines of the ballistic shield, it is hardly an effective utility anymore.

1% gives around 27k hp that equates to getting hit with an ability (with crit).

2% gives about 54k this is a lot better and a compromise.

I would also like to see the utility reworked so you get healed for the full duration even if you leave the ballistic shield area, at the moment the restrictive condition of shield reserve coupled with the nerf to heals is a death blow to slingers and snipers in ranked. If you [devs] play solo ranked and solo regs you would fast see the limitations of the proposed changes.

On a final note once united forces hits, concentration sents and fury maras will be so overpowered, the class has great dps many immunities and plenty of defensives they will be hard to fight against.

You guys actually listened to reason? :eek: I am shocked, shocked I tell ya.

Edit: Could you also look at dps jugg defences while you are at it. Especially for ranked. DPS PTs would also like some love.

If that were true then they wouldn't have moved the servers.

Now maybe you can explain why the dev team is allergic to fixing IO's heat management

They improved dot spread of IO, so no reason to touch overall heat management of the spec.

As long as you know your ****, heat isn't an issue.

Hey folks,

-eric

Mara's complain for 2 weeks and BIOWARE immediately acts.

IO mercs have been complaining about overheating for years and BIOWARE gives them back 15 heat. And a lemon. Guess we know what to do now when we over heat.

It's 15 heat. You're nuts

Yeah, and once 5.6 hits, you only need to use 1 ability to spread both dots instead of two.

Spreading dots right now is probably the only issue IO faces.

Edited by godsuxx

Yeah, and once 5.6 hits, you only need to use 1 ability to spread both dots instead of two.

Spreading dots right now is probably the only issue IO faces.

Yes. Hence how we saved 15 heat. I just think it's nuts to believe that is all is needed.

Yes. Hence how we saved 15 heat. I just think it's nuts to believe that is all is needed.

Yeah, but not only do the changes make you save heat, it also makes dot spreading more convenient.

Honestly, it's bw... what more did you expect? This change for the spec is pretty good me thinks.

Yeah, but not only do the changes make you save heat, it also makes dot spreading more convenient.

Honestly, it's bw... what more did you expect? This change for the spec is pretty good me thinks.

It really doesn't. I'm not saying you don't play IO. But it would appear to be a good fix to those who don't play IO. I assure you all it does it save 15 heat. Sure it's one less instant ability to cast. Whoopiteee dooo. Then end result is it saves you 15 heat every minute and a half

It really doesn't. I'm not saying you don't play IO. But it would appear to be a good fix to those who don't play IO. I assure you all it does it save 15 heat. Sure it's one less instant ability to cast. Whoopiteee dooo. Then end result is it saves you 15 heat every minute and a half

IO is not the one who really needs help. We are actually having dps pts which are absolutely garbage in pvp due to their low defenses. And iam saying this even though iam not playing this class lol. I just cant watch swtor having a useless class in pvp (pvp must have diversity in it so it's not booring to play it.

IO is not the one who really needs help. We are actually having dps pts which are absolutely garbage in pvp due to their low defenses. And iam saying this even though iam not playing this class lol. I just cant watch swtor having a useless class in pvp (pvp must have diversity in it so it's not booring to play it.

I agree. There's at least a few classes that have been over looked

I'm guessing you're making your point from a pvp perspective, as I was more forthcoming from a pve point of view.

I don't pvp much, but I have noticed that heat IS an issue when it comes to wz's.