Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

sorcerer: The most boring class in swtor

Lazzerswords

Lightning nothing but lightning ; a warlock rip off tree and the laziest healing tree in

any MMo in recent memory.

The healing spell casting graphics are unimaginative, as is the healing mechanics.

Chain lightning is supposed to impress me? So much more could have been done for the class of the emperor.

Here's some ideas

Dark mind trick: on one mob it will make them ignore you dropping all aggro on pcs it makes you invisible to the person only( kinda like vanish single target)

Masochistic rage : when hit while channeling force lightning each hit increases crit chance stacks x times.

Force flight: cost 40000 credits replaces speeder.

summon dark spawn. 20 sec pet on 5 min cd

Dark master: summon the avatar of your lord. mimics spells you cast.

etc etc . Im going make my questing buddy mad and reroll agent

Lightning nothing but lightning ; a warlock rip off tree and the laziest healing tree in

The healing spell casting graphics are unimaginative, as is the healing mechanics.

Chain lightning is supposed to impress me? So much more could have been done for the class of the emperor.

Here's some ideas

Dark mind trick: on one mob it will make them ignore you dropping all aggro on pcs it makes you invisible to the person only( kinda like vanish single target)

Masochistic rage : when hit while channeling force lightning each hit increases crit chance stacks x times.

Pretty horrible Ideas

/yawn

/thread

Actually, I'm enjoying the class. The only complaint I agree with is that everything has to do with lightning. It is fine for attacking abilities but for abilities like Whirlwind and Jolt, they could have simply come up with something a bit more original. Although Tumult stands out as an interesting and fun ability to use.

Here's some ideas

Sounds like someone wants pretty colors and doesn't really care about results. Maybe play a different class? Or if you want pretty colors go play republic?

I think the OP does have a point.

It's a very fun class to play, but all the spells look near identical. I don't find it that bad, however my main issue is Whirlwind. I would like to see the lightning on this spell a different colour, not for my benefit, but for the DPS classes that do not know our spell animations and go running for the mob I'm casting on thinking that I'm nuking it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Soazak

I have to say that the class is really great if the only complaint is the graphics. I love my Sorc! With everything else going on in the game, story that matters, diffrent gathering system, etc, if you only don't like the look of cetain skills, I'd say you're being too picky. Just enjoy the game!:D

I have to say that the class is really great if the only complaint is the graphics. I love my Sorc! With everything else going on in the game, story that matters, diffrent gathering system, etc, if you only don't like the look of cetain skills, I'd say you're being too picky. Just enjoy the game!:D

Could not have said it better myself....

I kind of agree with the underlying message of the OP which is that the class seems underwhelming.

I was slightly dissappointed with the class until I got lightning storn. Now that is a fun spell. :) But I pose a question to the OP. How would lightning be shown other than lightning? Did the emporer do some fancy arm waving before shooting out his lightning?

Being a sorc dps which is primarily a lightning spec class should tell you that the majority of your attacks will be, wait for it, lightning.

Good point... hard to CC when your allies interrupt your CC! :)

EDIT: Er... looks like I quoted the wrong post. I'm talking about the Whirlwind animation. :o

Edited by Thehatfield

There is the Madness tree, too, you know. You'll still get Force Storm regardless for group mobs, and this way you won't feel like the whole time you're fighting a boss that you're trying to be Electro. In fact, I've devised a build that allows for Chain Lightning as well while still having a lot of talented oomph for boss encounters. It doesnt allow either final point talent to be taken in the trees, but unless I'm mistaken neither one is doing terribly much more damage than what you get at earlier levels anyway.

Please feel free to disprove me on this if I am incorrect, and I will make changes wherever necessary-- I am merely going on what I see thus far.

i kind of agree with the underlying message of the op which is that the class seems underwhelming.

I was slightly dissappointed with the class until i got lightning storn. Now that is a fun spell. :) but i pose a question to the op. How would lightning be shown other than lightning? did the emporer do some fancy arm waving before shooting out his lightning?

being a sorc dps which is primarily a lightning spec class should tell you that the majority of your attacks will be, wait for it, lightning.

hahahahah :D

lightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightninglightning

but OP your wrong class is great...

love my sorcs and if your play is boring then your prolly doing something wrong.

As a healer for groups I shine. I can CC, heal great and do a little dps in fights, far from boring to me. Yeah everything is lightning, it was to be expected within the SW lore. And im not even a big SW fan and knew that coming in.

Having a blast in pvp as well. I can keep a team up, kill people and still run with the hut ball, not much more I can ask for really. This is the first healing class out of any mmo since EQ that ive played that will be my main and not some discarded alt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.