EA/Disney gives new Star Wars MMO IP to Worldwide Studios

Renata_Roselli

Good lord why on earth would we want another EA Star Wars MMO? Seriously? You would be willing to dump massive amounts of $$ just to get an updated SWTOR game? I swear World of Warcraft is looking better by the minute to play! At least there you can buy tokens for game time or store credit... here it’s just an endless Vacuum into people’s Wallets.

If they shut down this game after people spent thousands on Collections you really expect them to do it again?? Yeah Right! GLWT!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord why on earth would we want another EA Star Wars MMO? Seriously? You would be willing to dump massive amounts of $$ just to get an updated SWTOR game? I swear World of Warcraft is looking better by the minute to play! At least there you can buy tokens for game time or store credit... here it’s just an endless Vacuum into people’s Wallets.

If they shut down this game after people spent thousands on Collections you really expect them to do it again?? Yeah Right! GLWT!

^^^^^

Obviously, you don't play games often.

EA executive vice president, Patrick Söderlund: "Visceral’s take on the Star Wars title would have been a “story-based, linear adventure game,” which the company has decided needed to be shifted toward a “broader experience.”"

So EA Van from WWS will be redesigning the current games early development iteration into an MMO. Pretty simple to comprehend what Patrick is talking about.

Think you translated MMO from his points when it really translates into "we needed an environment for micro-transactions.

At best, they are probably slapping a multi-player mode on this and figuring out a way to add in game purchases to bleed players.

Think you translated MMO from his points when it really translates into "we needed an environment for micro-transactions.

At best, they are probably slapping a multi-player mode on this and figuring out a way to add in game purchases to bleed players.

That's my thought. I also don't think they'd willingly risk making a game that's direct competition to Anthem or Battlefront 2. I'm guessing they're looking for something similar to GTA online with just enough RPG & story elements to say "hey... We still have a story.... it's only 5hrs long, but it's story!". But they mainly want something they can convince suckers to spend money on loot boxes & other micro transactions.

Either way... I've lost all interest. :rolleyes: I already plan on renting BF2 from Redbox for the single player story since it'll only take at most 7hrs to finish. Screw EA...

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly... this is probably the truth of it

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've actually never said this out loud before but I have to now...

I think EA really just stripped the soul out of this game. If they're going to be the ones to make another Star Wars game, then that's bad for Star Wars. And I don't think I'm going to be playing.