New Tier 3 item drop - Superior Command Boost

NeoBlakkrstal

I received this item from a Tier 3 Command Crate today:

Superior Command Boost

Cartel Market Item

Bound

Quantity 1

Requires Level 70

Use: Increase command points gained in Command ranks 1-179 by 100% for 3 hours. Does not effect Command Stash disintegrations. Cannot be combined with any other Command Boost. (Cooldown: 1 hour)

This would be a nice item. If Tier 3 didn't start at Command Rank 181, or if it wasn't bound. As it is, it is an utterly useless addition to a Tier 3 Command Crate.

RNGesus already hates me, you have now given him another way to torment me. Thanks a bunch EAware.

Is this intentional? That they are legacy bound?

Well, I don't work for Bioware but it clearly only makes sense if you can give it to alts, so I think they just messed up the info on the item. It's a CM item originally and what I just think is that they forgot to update the text to be honest.

RNGesus already hates me, you have now given him another way to torment me. Thanks a bunch EAware.

If you insult the Mistress of Pain(1) by calling Her by a male name (and by saying "him"), She will direct more of Her malevolence toward you. ;)

(1) Also known as Fortuna, Lady Luck, or even just "The Lady"(2), but I prefer to call Her the Mistress of Pain.

(2) Rincewind knows who I am talking about.

If you insult the Mistress of Pain(1) by calling Her by a male name (and by saying "him"), She will direct more of Her malevolence toward you. ;)

(1) Also known as Fortuna, Lady Luck, or even just "The Lady"(2), but I prefer to call Her the Mistress of Pain.

For a moment I thought you're talking about the strange lady in BH Tatooine quest chain :)

(2) Rincewind knows who I am talking about.

Say her name three times fast!

Adahn says hi :D

It's still a pretty lackluster reward. These will be just another item I automatically disintegrate like green gear was. They really don't like giving us good drops in packs, do they...

Yes, there's RNG, but then there's just having crappy items in the crates in the first place. These should go the way of the dodo, you can buy far superior CXP boost items with Command Tokens.

It's still a pretty lackluster reward. These will be just another item I automatically disintegrate like green gear was. They really don't like giving us good drops in packs, do they...

Yes, there's RNG, but then there's just having crappy items in the crates in the first place. These should go the way of the dodo, you can buy far superior CXP boost items with Command Tokens.

Except those require 14 tier 4 missions, or 38 tier 1, to acquire the necessary 190 command tokens. I'm almost out of CT.

And besides being free, the one from the GC crates lasts one hour longer. That's a huge relief !

Edited by BenduKundalini

Except those require 14 tier 4 missions, or 38 tier 1, to acquire the necessary 190 command tokens. I'm almost out of CT.

And besides being free, the one from the GC crates lasts one hour longer. That's a huge relief !

If these are bound, they shouldn't be appearing in Tier 3 crates, when you are past the GC level to use them. Heck, even if they aren't, give me something I can use! Restrict these to the GC Tier 1 and 2 crates, but don't put things in there that I can't even use based on the level of GC that I currently am and the Tier of crate I'm opening.

I also have more than enough CT after doing dailies until my eyes were bleeding until Tuesday. I still don't think they are a great item to have in the GC, but leave them in as long as they are worth at least as many disintegration command points as a piece of green gear or the like.

The real issue is - if its supposed to make it better - why restrict the usage at all?

It's legacy bound (the tooltip is misleading, you can put it in your legacy hold immediately), it's very useful for your alts, and has a high disintegrate value for your main.

Only thing they need to fix is the tooltip, make the 1-179 part bold and remove the bound/timer labelling.

Edited by Eli_Porter

It says that it is a cartel market item and it has the usual cartel market timer. I also got one and was assuming that I will be able to put it to the GTN when the timer runs out. The icon is also a cartel market icon, not legacy icon.

Am I misinterpreting the item?

The real issue is - if its supposed to make it better - why restrict the usage at all?

So they don't gut sales of the Command Boosts from the Cartel Market would be my guess. It's a decent item to get for a tier 1 or tier 2 character, it also goes straight into legacy storage as mentioned above.

Saves Command Tokens and Cartel Coins or credits. It doesn't cost anything, it's useful for lower tier characters. Something I approve of (and it's more useful than getting a schematic I will likely not use).

If these are bound, they shouldn't be appearing in Tier 3 crates, when you are past the GC level to use them. Heck, even if they aren't, give me something I can use! Restrict these to the GC Tier 1 and 2 crates, but don't put things in there that I can't even use based on the level of GC that I currently am and the Tier of crate I'm opening.

I also have more than enough CT after doing dailies until my eyes were bleeding until Tuesday. I still don't think they are a great item to have in the GC, but leave them in as long as they are worth at least as many disintegration command points as a piece of green gear or the like.

The INFO about the possibility to put them in legacy bank is literally the first comment above yours. Beats me.

It is NOT just from tier 3 crates, i gt it on a tier 1 toon, as well. You can get any of the new drops from any tiered crate, just got to have luck. and yea it is bound to character as far as i can tell.

You are correct that any level can get them. However Its only bound for the same as time cartel items are bound for which is around 48 hours. I've already added mine to my guild banks & legacy banks after the cooldown has run. Have two more today but as the character was only GC rank 42 will just use for that character.

Bound to character is not the same as bound to legacy. All mine so far are bound to legacy so after the cool down any of my characters over level 70 within levels 1-179 can use it. As clearly shown if you put your mouse curser over the item.

BTW OP I think its a grate item for GC crates.

Not yet had any chance cubes yet:( saved up about 70 crates but not any in any of them. guess these must be super rare or I am just unlucky.

Edited by Thunderisaclone