Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Has everyone seen Dellums' tweet from yesterday? He's recording for Arcann again! ๐Ÿ˜

I'm obviously overjoyed and I want to stay positive, but it's a little disconcerting to see him describe it as a "short gig" (if his other tweet from April 15 refers to the recording he's doing for SWTOR, which I assume it does). We've waited so long that it's going to be hard not to feel sad if all we get is a super short cutscene of Arcann and Sana-Rae returning to Odessen to report.

I will still be happy just to see him, but I can't help hoping that the mission we sent him on will prove integral to the future story, somehow. Even if it IS really short, Arcann's dialogue has never once disappointed me. All of the content involving him is top-notch in my opinion and his story really is what has kept me around this long.

So please, Devs, if you are by chance reading: give him the chance to shine and prove himself on his mission - he deserves it ๐Ÿ™And I would still sell my soul for an official short story ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, the only character I romanced him with is my Dark Side Sith Zabrak.ย  And that was only for purely selfish reasons - to keep her "legacy" alive.ย  She was never going to have strong force sensitive kids with Quinn.ย  Especially with after how she punished him after the "incident".ย  So she was all too happy to have him go off and "atone" so she can still carry on an affair with Pierce.ย  After begetting offspring so she can be Maul's great-great-great-great- etc....... grandma. ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

18 hours ago, Shayddow said:

Interestingly enough, the only character I romanced him with is my Dark Side Sith Zabrak.ย  And that was only for purely selfish reasons - to keep her "legacy" alive.ย  She was never going to have strong force sensitive kids with Quinn.ย  Especially with after how she punished him after the "incident".ย  So she was all too happy to have him go off and "atone" so she can still carry on an affair with Pierce.ย  After begetting offspring so she can be Maul's great-great-great-great- etc....... grandma. ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Poor Arcann, reduced by your evil Sith to a broodmare! ๐Ÿ˜ฏIs that really her only reason for romancing him though? I mean, is she deaf and blind as well as heartless?ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm obviously just kidding and mean no offense ๐Ÿ˜Š Your headcanon for your character as Maul's ancestor is pretty cool and I can absolutely see a Sith obsessed with securing a powerful Force-sensitive legacy like that!

I love Zabraks and am romancing him with one myself (a Light Side JK who loves him for his own sake, however. I don't see them ever having children, personally - although humans/Zabraks can interbreed according to canon, of course). It's interesting to think about the things that might come up between him and an alien partner. Zakuul was an almost exclusively human society until KOTFE/KOTET, and although I assume Arcann would be reasonably knowledgable about other species, I imagine some things may come up that he would want to learn more about. Cultural practices etc. I'm also obsessed with the fact that Zabraks have two hearts ๐Ÿ’•

I wonder if other people have specific headcanons for the species that they romance him with?

I know this is a Arcann love thread, I like him, he's cool. I do really like that him turning to the light or dark side isn't even dependent on your interaction with, but more a choice you do with his mom. Shows how choices with one character have impact on others. Speaking of which, could I ask for more Senya stuff too? I like her.

And yeah more Arcann voice lines is cool. (meaning iirc timelines, we should see it in about 4-6 months.)

• Like 3

So, I thought I'd revive the thread after Theron got so much love. Hopefully, in 7.3 we get reunited and for those of us for romanced him, a proposal. However, what I'd love to know is how he's grown, his opinions on the Sith that Tenebre and Vitiate created, and how being involved in the wider galaxy is affecting him. I also hope Senya gets some love as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

So, I thought I'd revive the thread after Theron got so much love. Hopefully, in 7.3 we get reunited and for those of us for romanced him, a proposal. However, what I'd love to know is how he's grown, his opinions on the Sith that Tenebre and Vitiate created, and how being involved in the wider galaxy is affecting him. I also hope Senya gets some love as well.

I hope whatever planet we sent him to, we'll be able to go there and do things with him and get a bit more of the romance, and see him evolve a bit more too, even outside of the romance. I think it's still a bit too early for a proposal, but developping more the relationship, both the friendship when not romanced and the romance would be nice, i'm all for it, would be great to have some reaction from Senya too, like knowing she's happy her son found someone who loves him or even a great friend, because i doubt outside of Thexan he's ever had any true friend.

• Like 2

In my most crazy dreams I want a delegation of Gnost Dural, Tau, and Satele to meet up with Senya, Arcann and if there are any sane live Sions out there to learn about other Force Traditions. Voss would be the perfect location, and I always need more Voss in my life. It could work Imp side too, with Rivix and co.

Edited by JakRoanin
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 10:05 PM, Goreshaga said:

I hope whatever planet we sent him to, we'll be able to go there and do things with him and get a bit more of the romance, and see him evolve a bit more too, even outside of the romance. I think it's still a bit too early for a proposal, but developping more the relationship, both the friendship when not romanced and the romance would be nice, i'm all for it, would be great to have some reaction from Senya too, like knowing she's happy her son found someone who loves him or even a great friend, because i doubt outside of Thexan he's ever had any true friend.

This is exactly what I hope to see! Especially the part about character development outside of the romance. I was interested in Arcann as a character long before the romance was announced. For me, the real hook is still his inner turmoil and the redemption arc. If we do get romance content, I hope they use that as an opportunity to give us more insight into how he has grown as a person, what he still struggles with, etc. I agree with you that friendship is probably just as new to Arcann as romance. It's a shame you miss out on some of his most vulnerable and meaningful conversations if you're not in a relationship with him (I'm thinking of the one before Echoes of Oblivion, in particular).

Having said that, I do think Arcann has one of the sweetest, most respectful and poignant romances in the game and if all we get is pure fluff, I'll probably still love it.

As for the proposal, I agree that it feels a bit early, but I'm not sure it actually is? Based on Charles Boyd's posts about the timeline, Arcann joined the Alliance in 23 ATC and we're now in year... 27 ATC? So he has potentially been in a relationship with our character for years, I suppose. We probably have to take timelines with a grain of salt at this point, though ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

On 4/29/2023 at 10:13 PM, JakRoanin said:

In my most crazy dreams I want a delegation of Gnost Dural, Tau, and Satele to meet up with Senya, Arcann and if there are any sane live Sions out there to learn about other Force Traditions. Voss would be the perfect location, and I always need more Voss in my life. It could work Imp side too, with Rivix and co.

Seconded!

I would love to know more about how Arcann and Senya think of different Force traditions. I feel like Arcann hasn't really had an opportunity to express much about his (changed?) views on destiny and prophecy. It would be awesome to see him speak to a Voss Mystic or, even better, a Scion about it. It would also be cool to see him return to Voss, as the place must hold a great deal of significance for him. I know other posters have expressed misgivings about Sana-Rae in the more recent cutscenes, but to me she comes across as very supportive of Arcann. I head-canon that the two of them have probably talked quite a bit about the healing ritual on Voss. Perhaps there is even a growing friendship or mentorship between them. She certainly seems to trust him and see him for who he is now.

Edited by witchglove
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, witchglove said:

This is exactly what I hope to see! Especially the part about character development outside of the romance. I was interested in Arcann as a character long before the romance was announced. For me, the real hook is still his inner turmoil and the redemption arc. If we do get romance content, I hope they use that as an opportunity to give us more insight into how he has grown as a person, what he still struggles with, etc. I agree with you that friendship is probably just as new to Arcann as romance. It's a shame you miss out on some of his most vulnerable and meaningful conversations if you're not in a relationship with him (I'm thinking of the one before Echoes of Oblivion, in particular).

Having said that, I do think Arcann has one of the sweetest, most respectful and poignant romances in the game and if all we get is pure fluff, I'll probably still love it.

As for the proposal, I agree that it feels a bit early, but I'm not sure it actually is? Based on Charles Boyd's posts about the timeline, Arcann joined the Alliance in 23 ATC and we're now in year... 27 ATC? So he has potentially been in a relationship with our character for years, I suppose. We probably have to take timelines with a grain of salt at this point, though ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Yep, i'd really like to see more of the relationship with him, both the friendship and the romance, because my JK does consider him a close friend, while my SW is in love with him, so i'd love more of both, especially since it could show different things from him, which is interesting and gives more replayability.

Agreed what little we've had so far was honestly pretty good, with more this romance could easily become my second favorite after Theron's, i'm always up for more from that.

Yeah, in terms of timeline Arcann and the PC could have been in a relationship for years, but unfortunately we as the players have seen very little of that, which was very sweet, but for me still feels not enough to get to a proposal. I do hope we'll get one at some point, but i'd love a bit more to the romance before that (both cutscenes and mails, tbh having more mails would help a lot here)

• Like 2

On 5/2/2023 at 2:46 AM, JakRoanin said:

Always felt Sana-Re was criminally underused. Glad to see her get a larger role. I'm excited about the livestream this week. Hopefully, we get a truckload of story!

I'm excited for the livestream, too! They did say they'll talk about story, so perhaps we can hope for a mention/teaser about Arcann and Sana-Rae. I've seen a lot of people express positive interest in his mission both here and elsewhere (including on forums where there's usually a lot of hate for Arcann). I really hope they're aware that people would like to hear more about that part of the story.

On 5/2/2023 at 2:47 AM, Goreshaga said:

Agreed what little we've had so far was honestly pretty good, with more this romance could easily become my second favorite after Theron's, i'm always up for more from that.

Yeah, in terms of timeline Arcann and the PC could have been in a relationship for years, but unfortunately we as the players have seen very little of that, which was very sweet, but for me still feels not enough to get to a proposal. I do hope we'll get one at some point, but i'd love a bit more to the romance before that (both cutscenes and mails, tbh having more mails would help a lot here)

Arcann's romance is hands down my number 1 favourite, but I always hope that everyone gets more content with the characters they love, including Theron (maybe not Lana, I'll be honest - but only because she's had so much screentime). I felt terrible for Theron fans during the whole traitor arc and it hasn't seemed like we've seen much of him since. I'm only romancing him on one toon that I'm not terribly invested in (although I like him a lot as a friend), so I could be wrong about this, but it seems to me that he had significantly less screentime after his proposal. I do think there's a tendency for Bioware writers to consider a romance arc "finished" once the characters get married. I really hope this wouldn't be the case for Arcann, especially as I feel he could have so much character growth in a committed, long-term relationship. It's one of the reasons I'm not in a hurry to get a proposal from him. It does seem like Torian got some nice content lately, though, so I guess that bodes well for characters with kill options and spouses.

And YES to more mails! It would be such a good way to keep us engaged with minimum resources between bigger story updates. If we don't see Arcann and/or Sana-Rae in the next update, I'll at the very least expect a bunch of letters from them both about their mission. I'm dying to know more about the unnamed planet we sent them to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, witchglove said:

And YES to more mails! It would be such a good way to keep us engaged with minimum resources between bigger story updates.

I'm really surprised they don't do this. They could just let one of the writers go a little wild and pick a character or companion to send a mail every week or so.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, witchglove said:

I hope everyone else is as OVERJOYED as I am after watching the livestream! ๐Ÿ˜„

@JakRoanin, seems like we got a lot of what we asked for! More Arcann, more Sana-Rae and more Voss! I haven't been this stoked for new content in ages ๐Ÿฅณ

I'm legit over the moon.ย  This is going to be spectacular.

Arcann is 100% on Voss with the Outlander/Commander! You can totally tell by the building's architecture and by the autumn colors visible through the doorway!ย  Are we going to get an AMAZING redemption arc for Arcann in him helping to rebuild Voss?!

LET'S GO! HYPEEEEEEEE

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jedimasterjac said:

I'm really surprised they don't do this. They could just let one of the writers go a little wild and pick a character or companion to send a mail every week or so.

AMEN!ย  How easy, yet impactful would that be?ย  This would be a wonderful addition to the game.

5 minutes ago, Siita said:

I'm legit over the moon.ย  This is going to be spectacular.

Arcann is 100% on Voss with the Outlander/Commander! You can totally tell by the building's architecture and by the autumn colors visible through the doorway!ย  Are we going to get an AMAZING redemption arc for Arcann in him helping to rebuild Voss?!

LET'S GO! HYPEEEEEEEE

Yes, it's Voss for sure! I'm replaying all the story missions on Voss right now (because HYPE!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰) and I'm noticing how many missions deal with Outsiders "making amends" for harming Voss. There's some wonderful potential here for that lore to tie in with a continued redemption arc for Arcann. I think there's a very good chance that it will. They emphasised several times in the stream that we'll be dealing with the damage that Vaylin and the Eternal Fleet did to the planet. Arcann will surely have something to say about that!

I'm also extremely excited to hear what he discovered on his mission and to see how the consequence of our choice to send Sana-rae to assist him/not to send her plays out!

It does seem like we won't actually see the planet he went to (I'm guessing we will reunite with him and Sana-Rae on Voss). I had hoped we would go there, but honestly, a new story on Voss sounds so good I don't even mind too much. I do hope we will get a name for the planet and a bit more info on it, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, witchglove said:

Yes, it's Voss for sure! I'm replaying all the story missions on Voss right now (because HYPE!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰) and I'm noticing how many missions deal with Outsiders "making amends" for harming Voss. There's some wonderful potential here for that lore to tie in with a continued redemption arc for Arcann. I think there's a very good chance that it will. They emphasised several times in the stream that we'll be dealing with the damage that Vaylin and the Eternal Fleet did to the planet. Arcann will surely have something to say about that!

I'm also extremely excited to hear what he discovered on his mission and to see how the consequence of our choice to send Sana-rae to assist him/not to send her plays out!

It does seem like we won't actually see the planet he went to (I'm guessing we will reunite with him and Sana-Rae on Voss). I had hoped we would go there, but honestly, a new story on Voss sounds so good I don't even mind too much. I do hope we will get a name for the planet and a bit more info on it, though.

This x1000!!!ย 

It means even more that there could potentially be a wonderful Arcann redemption story on Voss, especially since Voss is where he was figuratively 'reborn'.ย  I would LOVE to have Senya play a part in this story somehow.ย  It would be so meaningful for her to be back there as well, not only because that's where Arcann was saved by the Voss ritual, but also because that's where she gave *everything* to get her son back.

Amazing.ย  I'm so excited.ย ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakRoanin said:

LOL I'll see it all tomorrow. Today I'm concentrating on conquest and re-designing my bedroom. I hope he hasn't been on Voss this whole time! I mean, Gia-Sade could have visited.

Please come celebrate with us in here when you've seen it! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm sure he hasn't been on Voss the whole timeย ๐Ÿ™‚I'm guessing you meet up with him there or go there together later. In any case, it bodes well for his involvement in future story that he's on Voss with us! I was worried he would make his report in the briefing room on Odessen and then vanish from the story again.

48 minutes ago, Siita said:

This x1000!!!ย 

It means even more that there could potentially be a wonderful Arcann redemption story on Voss, especially since Voss is where he was figuratively 'reborn'.ย  I would LOVE to have Senya play a part in this story somehow.ย  It would be so meaningful for her to be back there as well, not only because that's where Arcann was saved by the Voss ritual, but also because that's where she gave *everything* to get her son back.

Amazing.ย  I'm so excited.ย ๐Ÿ˜„

I would love that, too! I would also like to know more about how Senya is processing everything she's been through up until this point (which, to be honest, has been a lot).

At the same time, I also think it would be good for Arcann to have more scenes completely independently of Senya, especially if whatever we're doing with him on Voss ties in with his redemption. Senya already played such a large part in his recovery, so I hope we see more of him acting on his own terms.

I still think that he was not Reborn on Voss, because, first, he saved Senya from Vaylin way before he liked PC! In fact, he LOATHED pc at that point. So, Voss didn't miraculously transform him into good Arcann. Still, more Voss, more Voss, and more Tirall family.

@witchglovebrought up an AMAZING detail that she noticed in the picture released from the livestream yesterday of Arcann on Voss.

It appears he's sitting down in that room and in a conversation with the outlander/commander.ย  It definitely seems like way more informal setting for a 'mission briefing', especially when you couple it with any perceived body language cues.

ย 

Here's the picture in question without the bottom bar covered from the livestream overlay:

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/1653825214067646472

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

Hello, I just found this thread. Iโ€™m not active on forums, but if this is for giving Arcann some love then Iโ€™m tempted to do so.

43 minutes ago, Siita said:

@witchglovebrought up an AMAZING detail that she noticed in the picture released from the livestream yesterday of Arcann on Voss.

It appears he's sitting down in that room and in a conversation with the outlander/commander.ย  It definitely seems like way more informal setting for a 'mission briefing', especially when you couple it with any perceived body language cues.

ย 

Here's the picture in question without the bottom bar covered from the livestream overlay:

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/1653825214067646472

ย 

ย 

Looks like they could be meditating. Meditating over a Nul relic? Or a not main story related scene where Arcann says that he wants to try meditation, which he has never been able to achieve before but being here again on Voss makes him want to try.

23 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

Voss didn't miraculously transform him into good Arcann

Agreed! Yeah the story says the Voss healing ritual โ€œhealed his broken spiritโ€, but I find it much more impactful if it only heals his physical injuries, because then Arcann has a slow, day-by-day struggle in figuring out how to be at peace with himself and the past.ย 

I think that when he wakes up and discovers Senya seemingly dead, this brings him back to Thexanโ€™s death. So his grief and shock at losing another family member who unconditionally cared for him momentarily snaps him out of his rage. Since Senya sacrificed her lifeforce for him, he blames himself for her death, adding onto his guilt over Thexanโ€™s.

And this heightened guilt makes Arcann realize the magnitude of ALL the deaths heโ€™s caused for his own goals. Sacrifice? Necessary collateral damage?

No. The death of millions. And the destruction of everything he loved. He feels completely lost, so his eyes turn blue again.ย 

Then the Outlander shows up and, despite every reason to kill him, instead helps him, tells him his mother actually isnโ€™t dead, and says they can ally together to stop all this destruction. Then during his absence in KOTET, now by himself, Arcann does a lot of reflection. I really like what his companion description says: โ€œinitially sought revenge but the mercy shown to him and his mother profoundly changed him.โ€ He realizes that not all is lostโ€”revenge is not all he has left or the only way forward. He can atone by joining the Alliance and go down a new path of ending conflicts not starting them. And this is when his redemption and mental healing starts.

• Like 2

I am so thrilled with the livestream! The last update was amazing for my BH {Theron's Wife} and now it feels like this is tailored for my lovely JC! Of course, it will be fun with my other PC's because they all have an investment in Arcann and especially Voss. Also, those DECOS! <swoon>

What is wonderful about Arcann whether a PC romances him or not, is that you see how Valokorian tortured him and the entire family that makes you want them (even Vaylin) to win! I never play DS but if I did, I'd keep Arcann around if only because it defeats the Emperor.

• Like 1