SWTOR Roadmap - The Autumn Update!

KeithKanneg

Hopefully the long awaited option to enable chat bubblesfor /say, /yell and /emote player chat will be included in the roadmap for 2017 or at least the "glimpse of early 2018". Fingers crossed.

That's an interesting idea! Doesn't CO do that, idk it's been awhile since I played that but I think I remember them having chat bubbles. it might make the game look more comic-y. :D

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first time in 4,5 years i play this game i have a BAD FEELING about this game and think it wont be on for long time anymore.

all they post is just bla bla blablabla and more bla bla bla.

is all very frustrating and i cant hear all those broken promises and empty phrases from devs anymore.

and i dont critisise cause i hate the game - no i love the game thats why it hurts so much

That's an interesting idea! Doesn't CO do that, idk it's been awhile since I played that but I think I remember them having chat bubbles. it might make the game look more comic-y. :D

I think it would (make it look more comic-y) and, if they ever do it, I surely hope it is OPTIONAL. Love to see players get options.

:eek: Nooo! Bad Orangenee! Bad! You just wanted me to call you bad, didn't you. :p

I'd rather your passive aggressive remarks and keep my lovely SIS man out of 'The Walking Dead' list. :)

Well Luna, if they want to kill Theron, that is okay as long as Lana dies too. What is fair for one is fair for the other. :D

Hopefully the long awaited option to enable chat bubblesfor /say, /yell and /emote player chat will be included in the roadmap for 2017 or at least the "glimpse of early 2018". Fingers crossed.

I personally don't care about chat bubbles one way or the other. If you want to see chat bubbles, okay.

However, I will say this.

Hasn't it become apparent by now that SWTOR is lacking in resources ($$$ + personnel)? With the limited staff they do have, do you really want them to focus their energies on chat bubbles as opposed to other elements in the game, core elements?

If you want chat bubbles, fine, but do you really think that should take priority over things like new ops, new FPs, new dailies, story, class balance, and (though its maybe not a "core element per se") old bugs that need fixing?

Chat bubbles, if they are to be implemented should be like "Okay. we've delivered new ops, new FPs, started a good, new story arc, got a handle on a lot of these outstanding bugs, and have things in motion to keep delivering more of the same for the foreseeable future. We still got some bandwidth to handle secondary things. Okay, we'll tackle chat bubbles because it's in popular demand." That scenario, I'm okay with, but I don't want everything put on hold to accommodate chat bubbles or pretty much anything that is auxiliary to game play.

i guess I have to much patience for my own good. As much as i would like to see anything about what to expect for the rest of the year i guess it have to admit that, regardless, it wont impact my decision to stay a sub. however, i have to disclose that every Christmas i get this urge to resub to WoW for presents and go after the greeench. and several years ago i actually had a dual sub going on (right around warlords), but that came to a close quickly because i dislike grinds -.- he say whaaaaa)

Quoted for MEMPHIS! :D

As far as the "update"...I like others was hoping for more, but you didn't say "soon" so I guess I'll let you slide. ;)

Looking forward to the stream!

P.S. do what you like with Theron.... I always romance Lana anyway. :D

That's okay if you want to kill Theron.......provided I get to kill Lana as well. :cool:

Please prove me wrong:

• You got an excuse to postpone 5.5
  • Lots of activities means not much content till end of 2017 but maybe events and CM sales
  • Glimpse of 2018 translates into more delay for delivering long awaited content.

All in all : YAWN.

Yeah Deewe...this is kinda scary to me as well...I can see it being:

• Return of DvL Event from October 10th through January 15th

• Return of the Gree event mid November

• BH week mid December

• Continuation of Gods From the Machine the first quarter of 2018!!! (our sneak peak at 2018...)

I do hope this isn't it...but it does worry me a tad...

I'd love a DvL event, bring it on BW!

• BH week mid December

• Continuation of Gods From the Machine the first quarter of 2018!!! (our sneak peak at 2018...)

The last DvL lasted half a year? October till January 15 doesn't seem accurate. If there's a 6.0, I can see them releasing DvL in October until March/April during the " content drought".

Edited by Eshvara

yes ,i also would like a dvl event again.

i didnt join first one cause i was pissed off that devs take the piss out of players.

but now i had time to think about it and what a GREAT idea this dvl event was.

so please please please gimme the chance to join such a GREAT NEW EVENT :):):):):):):):)

( for people dont understand sarcasmus then this post is sarcastic )

I'd love a DvL event, bring it on BW!

The last DvL lasted half a year? October till January 15 doesn't seem accurate. If there's a 6.0, I can see them releasing DvL in October until March/April during the " content drought".

Edited by tonitirola

• BH week mid December

This get me thinking because it is something biwoare would do and in turn call it amazing updates / additions to the game while we all know 3 of those 4 are nothing but old stale content and the Gods of the Machine OPS which was to be finished by the end of 2017 gets extended into 2018 as if that was some kind of amazing thing bioware did. Amazing would be finishing it in 2017 it seems as originally stated if we continue to follow the delays we keep seeing.

The announcement of an announcement doesn't put me at ease at all with what I feel we are about to see.

Edited by Quraswren

i didnt join first one cause i was pissed off that devs take the piss out of players.

so please please please gimme the chance to join such a GREAT NEW EVENT :):):):):):):):)

Hear hear! 🤗

I hear tell that gamers will do things they never do, some even things they dislike and don't find fun for good rewards.

I wouldn't mind another DvL event but what I really would like is my Armour set for alts with the nice armour plating put into collections... I get so worried ill accidently Delete it on a whim. or if that isn't possible make a DvL vender where those items of the last Event that has all the items for sale... just not for astronomical prices yikes!!! ;)

Another good candidate lol. No shortage of ugly speeders to recolour, that's for sure. :D

One thing said new mount needs though... when you use it.. if flys upside down too (and ONLY upside down). :p:p

And when you ride over rough terrain... they need to add a flourish that presses your head into the ground and your character moans and groans each and ever time. :p:p:p:p

Edited by Andryah

Thats absolutely criminal, shame on them!!! Seriously, where is their honour?:eek:

Hey now. Don't go getting mad when you see me running around some PVP map I actually dislike trying to get a reward I want while only healing with force wave when it's off cool down so I don't get kicked. :cool:

You have any idea how hard it is to single target heal with force wave. Thats skill my friend.

Edited by Quraswren

Hey now. Don't go getting mad when you see me running around some PVP map I actually dislike trying to get a reward I want while only healing with force wave when it's off cool down so I don't get kicked. :cool:

You have any idea how hard it is to single target heal with force wave. Thats skill my friend.

Are you talking about the PvE'rs doing PvP for CxP/UC?:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

i was just started to get excited, then I remembered it's Bioware and their definition of '"fun" we are talking about here. Last time it was a Wampa Comp from cartel market. No doubt it something simuliar this time.

Not interested, Keith. Or maybe it's romanceable Arcann, since that has been datamined. Even less interested.

Why are you even here since it sounds like no matter what he said you wouldn't like it? Perhaps you should take a break from SWTOR and just monitor the forums for changes that will coax you back when you're not so bitter. Games are supposed to be fun, not like an abusive relationship, there's no dishonor taking some time apart.

One thing said new mount needs though... when you use it.. if flys upside down too (and ONLY upside down). :p:p

And when you ride over rough terrain... they need to add a flourish that presses your head into the ground and your character moans and groans each and ever time. :p:p:p:p

im starting to think that Andryah's niece, possibly, is visiting and got a hold of her forum password.

Why are you even here since it sounds like no matter what he said you wouldn't like it? Perhaps you should take a break from SWTOR and just monitor the forums for changes that will coax you back when you're not so bitter. Games are supposed to be fun, not like an abusive relationship, there's no dishonor taking some time apart.

Not that you shouldn’t take a break or anyone shouldn’t if the game is getting too frustrating but are you seriously telling them to watch these boards.....I mean watching these boards will only add to any frustration someone might have regarding this game. No better to ignore everything about this game for a couple months then read over any issues/update changes on Dulfy that have gone out since you stepped away and decide if you like what you see or not. I think game boards are well always a bit negative, Judge for yourself is my suggestion and just look at the raw changes and decide, maybe try a month or two again if you can’t decide.

But, what if we got a "Theron mount?" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I know we won't learn anything story related, or at the very least it'll just be when we can expect new story. But so long as we're all wishing hypothetically, I'd like to know if we can both kill and spare/save etc Theron, and if the latter if he will have a future role in storylines.

Well, I'd be one of the first in line, shouting 'shut up and take my money' :D

I would like to know more about what we can expect in the next bit of story and when it'll be served up to us. I'm hoping they can find a way to keep Theron a vital part of the story, I enjoy him a great deal, and I hope that they can manage to do so in a way that is satisfactory to even those who want to *gasp* be rid of my poor SIS man. I don't know if they're capable of branching the story, and like others have said, I don't see why Theron needs to be killed off or 'retired' to bring in a new cast...that's possible because the precedent was set in the vanilla stories--like Nefla said in that ghastly thread about Theron, at no time in the vanilla story were we expected to give up Mako, to get Gault...etc to cite her example.

Well Luna, if they want to kill Theron, that is okay as long as Lana dies too. What is fair for one is fair for the other. :D

I'd rather it didn't come to that, but I will say this, if he does die...that yellow-haired stalker pain in the butt needs to go too. :)

Haha, now that I'd have to see. And you know Kai Zykken has to come into play in all that somehow lol. :D

Edited by Lunafox