Stupidest Story Mistakes You've Made?

nuclearmind

Howdy all, Nuclearmind here. i was just wondering what are the stupidest mistakes you've made? I'm currently a little drunk. Three or five nights in a row been playing my Agent. Act 1 is a drag til the end, but then it's so fun.

Unfortunately, I had one goal for my agent. And I goobered it up.

I meant to recreate Imperial Intellegence- and I should have known whenever the minister was all down and such. But I accidently destroyed the Codex. Meant to basically be like "Why you want it. K here you go bro. Intelligence for life.

So now, naturally, after so many nights after work into the early morning playing that character, with 3 maxed crew skills, I deleted him. Also forgetting he had tons of mats on him. I am a genius...

It's dangerous to play drunk, I never remember what I did the next morning :o

It's also dangerous to pick dialogue options with your most important companion(LI obviously) just to hear them because you've never said them before. Never know when you're going to be blisteringly cruel to them, then the conversation ends before you can escape, and then the damage is done and you're stuck with it.:(

Answering the post-Ziost holocall from Marr. Characters that ignored it are still fun to play.

Ouch.

On a seperate note, I definitely regret last night. Drunk playing is fun, but playing an end of a chapter when drunk is not the smartest. Especially IA which can change everything about them.

Flirting with Andronikus ONCE on a character who I wanted to keep single and who has no time for love, Dr. Jones.

Turns out he's really persistent, and you have to be pretty grouchy to shoo him off.

...Also had a similar problem with Mako. [Flirt] [Flirt] or [be a terrible meanyhead]. D: NO GURL I JUST WANT YOU TO HOOK UP WITH TORIAN STOP LOOKING AT MY BOUNTY HUNTER'S STRING BEANY BT1 ARMS

Getting fooled by a nice trailer before KotFE and then later understanding it and KoTET ruined what was otherwise a stellar (vanilla) to decent (everything through 3.x) story in SWTOR.

Though I like playing all aspects of SWTOR (FPs, PVP, OPs, GSF, leveling more characters, collecting CM things, etc), the story at level cap has always kept me invested in continuing.

Ever since 4.0/5.0 landed, I've found it to border on awful, especially this year.

I'm not sure who is responsible for writing the story these days, but BW should really hand the responsibilities over to folks who developed the main stories in the vanilla game. Just as how Keith has taken over as producer, SWTOR needs a significant change in how it's written. They might be able to salvage future story content somehow, after a few awkward transitions away from what's already occurred, though I'm not sure how you can undo the damage done to Vitiate as well as the player characters and their companions.

This is just honest feedback from someone who has kept with the game since the launch era. I don't see myself continuing with updates as bad as Iokath and Umbara, and problems go beyond just the story in them. I've found myself searching for a different game to commit my time to, as I have little faith left in the future of this one. It's really disappointing, but the writing has been on the wall for a long while now.

Edited by arunav

Answering the post-Ziost holocall from Marr. Characters that ignored it are still fun to play.

This. My SW was a happy SW until he answered his phone after Ziost.

Now he keeps having a dream that he wasn't playing Final Fantasy. Also that Theron was a guy we met once then never met again.

Unespecified mistake somewhere along KotFE which prevented me from romancing Lana. At the time, i didnt know the Lana romance was locked in chapter 9, so i thought everything was fine.

It was when starting Iokath that i noticed i had no romance when the romance reunion scene with her simply did not happen.

Also, anybody knows if i can romance Lana with a toon who finished KotFE/ET, by repeating the chapters?? Is this possible?

Unespecified mistake somewhere along KotFE which prevented me from romancing Lana. At the time, i didnt know the Lana romance was locked in chapter 9, so i thought everything was fine.

It was when starting Iokath that i noticed i had no romance when the romance reunion scene with her simply did not happen.

Also, anybody knows if i can romance Lana with a toon who finished KotFE/ET, by repeating the chapters?? Is this possible?

I think you can yes, it resets the romance flags at least. I might be wrong though.

I think you can yes, it resets the romance flags at least. I might be wrong though.

Thanks, i'll do a bit more research on this because i definitely wanna give it a try. My doubt is if i should play it on the same difficulty, or higher one. But i definitely wanna try it, i screwed it up and i dont even know why, i'd say i took every 'flirt' option, but obviously something went wrong.

Doing this is on my main (smuggler). I've regretted it soooooo hard. Wish I'd taken my knight instead. She'd miss Doc, but not like my gunslinger misses Corso.

Rishi...Shadow of Revan story...

Theron: Blah blah blah

Lana: Blah blah blah...

- 1 [light side]

- 2 [neutral]

- 3 [dark side]

Me: 11111111111111

- 1 [light side]

- 2 [neutral]

- 3 [dark side]

- 1 [light side]

- 2 [neutral]

- 3 [dark side]

- 1 [FLIRT Theron]

- 2 [Not sure yet]

- 3 [No dude, I prefer girls]

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :eek:

Getting fooled by a nice trailer before KotFE and then later understanding it and KoTET ruined what was otherwise a stellar (vanilla) to decent (everything through 3.x) story in SWTOR.

Way too true.

Ever since 4.0/5.0 landed, I've found it to border on awful, especially this year.

That's a huge understatement.

I'm not sure who is responsible for writing the story these days, but BW should really hand the responsibilities over to folks who developed the main stories in the vanilla game. Just as how Keith has taken over as producer, SWTOR needs a significant change in how it's written. They might be able to salvage future story content somehow, after a few awkward transitions away from what's already occurred, though I'm not sure how you can undo the damage done to Vitiate as well as the player characters and their companions.

The only way to save the story is to retcon out all of 4.x and 5.x. There's no way to go from where they are to a decent story again any other way.

This is just honest feedback from someone who has kept with the game since the launch era. I don't see myself continuing with updates as bad as Iokath and Umbara, and problems go beyond just the story in them. I've found myself searching for a different game to commit my time to, as I have little faith left in the future of this one. It's really disappointing, but the writing has been on the wall for a long while now.

I'm playing ESO when I'm not playing here with my raid group. I have one character there who is geared to basic raiding, so I want to try some of that there.

I'm starting to think that romancing Lana was a pretty stupid idea. Since you can only break up with Lana/Theron/Koth if your original LI comes back...and my consular didn't romance Nadia (and she's not back yet anyway), so he doesn't *have* an original LI... I'm stuck with her. :/

At least I have headcanon...which I'm using pretty extensively throughout all of KOTFE/KOTET.

Dumbest mistake I made was choosing the lightside option and deciding to free Dramath---back when you could equip his saber pike after unleashing him during the end fight. Being able to claim his pike would have made Kotfe something really worthwhile considering the only real drop was a Vaylin holo :(

Dumbest mistake I made was choosing the lightside option and deciding to free Dramath---back when you could equip his saber pike after unleashing him during the end fight. Being able to claim his pike would have made Kotfe something really worthwhile considering the only real drop was a Vaylin holo :(

They made it "requires Lord Dramath" So no loss there.