The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Have you ever played content primarily because of an NPC's voice?

jacquelee

I will never get tired of Troy Baker. I've been listening him now for years, and I just never get tired of him. Also wanted to say that I've played Inquisitor story through three times just because I love male-Inquisitor's voice, but I guess he doesn't count in this instance. So Theron Shan it is. Close competitor is Vector. My God that voice! And how he articulates words. It's pure magic! Played Agent through three times too, my operative is now lvl60 and I made him just to play story through and talk with Vector. Edited by tahol

CAPTAIN BIRON

lol. I normally skip as much of Hoth as possible, but I've taken a Republic character through the Brotherhood quest chain just for him. I don't know who failed to give everyone a forbidden romance option for that Imperial boy, but they are crap at their job and should be fired, rehired, and then fired again.

Other than that, no. Usually, a likable voice just adds to the pleasant experience, ala Theron and Vector. I'll still like an NPC despite not enjoying their voice, like Quinn. For me, it's more about the writing and pixels :D

I play a male warrior instead of female because of his voice, but he's not an NPC, so idk if that counts.

Totally!

I've played a couple of female troopers on a couple of servers now because of Aric's voice, I've also repeated the reunion chapter a few times for the same reason. He does this low drop, semi growl voice crack thing which is super awesome.

--

To me, voice is everything.

Reason number 1a I keep subscribing :D

And then there are the companion voices...Richard Teverson as Malavai Quinn, I adore him.

Reason number 1b I keep subscribing! Richard Teverson could sell me anything for any amount of money with that voice. Case in point:

(the ladies and gents of the Quinn thread will know this well :D )

The other voice I really love is Scorpio. I took her with me to do Star Fortresses on my main (a sith inqusitor) a while back & hadn't really paid much attention to her voice before. I had headphones on so I could hear her really clearly for the first time and when she said "fools always believe they can defeat me" she sounded exactly like I do in real life. For a second I thought I had gone mad!

Runner up voices for me are Torian (such a nice calm voice when he's not speaking mandalorian) and Theron's, especially when he says "shall I say it like a spy? Target eliminated" that makes me smile every time he says it! I also quite like Darth Thanaton's and Valkorian's voices mostly because they really suit the characters (rather than for swoony melt reasons that Aric Jorgan and Malavai Quinn's voices have).

I had headphones on so I could hear her really clearly for the first time and when she said "fools always believe they can defeat me" she sounded exactly like I do in real life. For a second I thought I had gone mad!

You have had occasions to say this irl? lol what is your life?

Theron's, especially when he says "shall I say it like a spy? Target eliminated" that makes me smile every time he says it!

That was such a cute little line, but I don't ever hear it anymore since they changed it because he was saying it so often. I'd prefer him to talk a little more than he does now. it's like he went from motormouth to mute.

I also quite like Darth Thanaton's and Valkorian's voices mostly because they really suit the characters (rather than for swoony melt reasons that Aric Jorgan and Malavai Quinn's voices have).

I really like Thanaton's voice as well. All of the og sith dark council voices were really great.

I'm torn on Valkorion. He speaks so slowly and with such forced gravitas, it's highly irritating. But then, that's exactly how someone with an ego like his would speak. Like every word they say is the most profound thing ever uttered. :rolleyes:

Theron Shan obviously. I love his voice and delivery, especially the little laugh when you give him a gift he likes, so cute! Aric Jorgan's VA is great, too. The Trooper wasn't a storyline I particularly liked (in fact, I just recently managed to finish a playthrough after multiple failed attempts), but as long as I had him as my active companion, it was bearable:). Love the female SW. There's also a NPC on Hoth who gives you quests, same VA as Fenris from DA2. God I loved his voice! I romanced him every time, just to hear it. I find the JC to be a little bland, both male and female, and the female JK to be a little grating, but not unbearable.

I am making my way through the KotEE story, and I just LOVE Vaylin's voice. I do not suppose she could be romanced and become a companion? Go on... I mean yeah she is a mad psychopath, but still...

Nope! Though I think it should have been made available, just so that Paulsutherland can be happy!

Yes. I played and replayed Warrior story, because I can't get enough of Malavai Quinn's voice.

There are other NPCs I like to listen to, but this case is the strongest.

Unless we also count out characters' voices, not just NPCs. Then I can replay KOTFE/ET chapters just to listen to them and their lines. My faves are fem SW, male IA, SI, Smuggler, and SW.

Voices go along with personality -and generally the whole NPC

Fauler -the SIS guy on Tatooine (planetary story arc) is very cool. I do the quest just to have a chance to interact with him

For PC characters: I'm most impressed with male SW voice. I played male male SW only LS but the voice is just... fitting. Very much fitting. Great job

I always love that mini boss in Maelstrom, who is talking about his master making him a Darth, his "How pathetic" is just great and of course his disbelief when the players win. "No... Impossible"

Playing Republic, the interactions with Kilran convey his personality way better than the short snippets you get as Imp.

Sometimes it makes me sad that I don't really enjoy the Bounty hunter specs, a corpulent male with that voice simply is the perfect fit in my opinion.

Counting my various male agents, inquisitors and warriors, their voices are also a big reason to replay them, next to the story itself.

Edited by Khaleijo

The Imperial world arc on Hoth. That guy who voices (Captain? Colonel?) Yudrass... *starry eyes*

That voice is the one I tried to imitate when reading The Thrawn Trilogy out loud, for Thrawn's dialogue. Sure, I failed miserably*, but it was fun! :D

And as for PC voices - yeeeeeeeeeeah, I freely admit to going back and doing old exploration quests just to hear my male knight, male consular, female warrior, and female smuggler. ...and female agent. Audible chocolate, as someone once described her voice? YES. (Seriously, who said that? It was *somebody* on these forums, and that description's stuck with me ever since. :p)

*I can't seem to get the accent right. What *is* Yudrass's accent? It's beautiful.

His family is from the Caribbean but he was born in Birmingham so I'm guessing it's a combination of accents. Very unique and cool voice :D

No. While it's vital that all content be voiced, they could change the voice actors in and out each expansion and it wouldn't bother me.

Have every character's voice replaced with someone the quality of Trask Ulgo and you'll be changing your tune :p

I could play KOTFE Chapter 7 a million times, just to hear SCORPIO's voice delivering the lines "I know, you didn't get the deal you wanted. But you did get the deal you deserved. Think of it this way Exalted... you'll finally be with your great serpent."

*goose bumps* every time...

Edited by mlbstarscream