Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really now people, could you please cut the devs and coders some slack?

You know, I could imagine that some of them had some reallife related issues the last few days besides their job, maybe some little thing that starts with 'H' and ends with 'arvey'. Check your maps if you will, Austin is not that far from Houston.

And now, today, they have to spend their time possibly until late in the night to find some bugs potentially resulting from some lines of code someone two years back and no longer part of their team wrote.

Turn the vitriol down a notch, will you?

If there wasnt enough time for testing then DONT. LET. IT. GO. LIVE!

Its not an excuse to say "sorry, but, well,we didnt got the right amount of time for testing and, hehe, you know. Its just a game. Dont be too serious about it. Things like this can happen."

No, they shouldn´t. If there is enough time for testing you just dont implement such a serious patch which could, and obviously does, crash the whole freaking game.

People get written warnings for this.

I'm thinking not from what Eric said. This one looks to be a real mess to sort and I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't a good day before they get it done.

If its gonna take a day they better damn well extend the Double XP/CXP event.

And stop any attempts at fixing the "bug" that people want to stay regarding the CXP.

I hate to say it, but at this point they've asked for it. This patch was supposedly tested yesterday. Obviously that didn't really happen in spite of yesterday's claims that it had. I've said it before and I'll say it again, mistakes like this where I work are career altering. EA is a business, it's not just a game, so the paying customers have every right to complain and EA really needs to address those complaints and change how some things are done in Austin.

Looks like they just dont care about it, like cutting budget, cutting numbers of dev's and just releasing new hats with no content, or content like this, delayed, bugged and not optimized at all. I imagine what this game could be with proper approach. It makes me sad.

That's a pretty good point...I hope people recognize that THIS is exactly why we had the patch that broke the game...

The irony is not lost on me. Sometimes you just have to say...*** and let it go. This looks to have been one of those times.

Hindsight.

Oh please don't do this. I was one of those with a *ton* of things borked and the last time I had to re-download the game it took me DAYS on my crappy limited connection. If I started right now I could maybe enjoy some double cxp on Sunday evening. I realise not everyone is going to have that big a problem with downloading again and might just prefer a couple of hours downtime while you rollback, but for those people in similar situations to mine, I am *SO* glad you're looking into other options.

Me too. Not sure how long it'd take but it would be a very, very long time.

Hey

It is my first week on this game and I'm having trouble understanding what the actual **** happened? How can you do an emergency update and not have tested the patch in question even on a local server? You just went blind? You just threw up this patch without any testing what so ever? That is unbelievable especially for a company with the credentials Bioware has.

I'm not going to get all butt hurt over a game, I am enjoying this game very much but there are many other games to play and if this **** continues I won't be resubbing.

If you patched your servers with a tested patch and found a slight bug after live launch then that is forgivable this is just shocking. It might be time to give up on BioWare. Mass Effect Andromeda was disappointing but this is just unprofessional.

So, first and last time I played SWTOR was around when it was released. I didn't bother to play it then since there was lots of problems. When I came back yesterday to try the game again, you had some login problems, I waited few hours and everything worked. I even could play couple of hours(!). Today, four hours ago, I was thinking that maybe I'll continue a bit.. no, nope.. of'course not. Back to another games. Should I even bother to try tomorrow?

Granted, you have discovered a major flaw with the recent patch, and are taking steps to rectify these issues. However, this is happening on an all too frequent basis, and again it happens during EU prime time play. Why can you not release all patches onto the PTS before releasing it to the main servers? It would save much agro from the fan base, and allow those of us in Europe who subscribe and pay good money from losing out again and again with zero refunds or bonuses.

If its gonna take a day they better damn well extend the Double XP/CXP event.

And stop any attempts at fixing the "bug" that people want to stay regarding the CXP.

No argument from me. This is a major screw-up and, from what Eric said, they're well aware and once they get the problems sorted, will address the inconvenience aspects.

Just...please...no more droids. Or droid parts or droid equipment. :)

• Dev Post
Well, that doesn't sound good. Wouldn't there be a way around it? Such as, delete all executable files, download the launcher it put in its original place? That way all the data files would be left untouched, and even if one has been modified and deviates from the expected version, only that one data file would have to be replaced.

I was just giving an example of why a rollback isn't as simple as it seems. No need to get concerned about re-downloading the game or anything. Our goal is to get things up as fast as possible with minimal impact to all of you (beyond the downtime).

-eric

*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™".

I was just giving an example of why a rollback isn't as simple as it seems. No need to get concerned about re-downloading the game or anything. Our goal is to get things up as fast as possible with minimal impact to all of you (beyond the downtime).

-eric

Impact is already here.

I would have accepted this if this was not in a Double XP/CXP week. This is unacceptable.

I assume we'll be compensated with an extra day of Double XP/CXP now.

Also why is the European playerbase always screwed? Are we not important enough to you???? Unfair Bioware.

I agree with you on the first point. Frankly, while I do think it's a bit much to get 7500 CXP (assuming you have bonus pack) for clicking 8 relics and killing 15 Massasi in Yavin, I hope the long-term lesson learned is that the CXP grind now is excrutiating.

As for your second point... I'm sympathetic and this is not a USA rocks rant, but what do yo expect? They live in Austin, TX. Do you really expect them to get up at 2 a.m. and go to work?