Enough about Theron. Please :)

Naholen

Game of Thrones would be pretty bland if only Dany and Jon were alive and everyone else got killed off.

Kinda how Lana and Theron are always fine and well, but all the old vanilla LI seem to get butchered and become less relevant.

😥

I'm not even that interested in the vanilla companions but they're a lot better than the alternative given.:rak_03:

I just want something new and refreshing, how hard can it be.:rak_06:

Edited by Eshvara

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game of Thrones would be pretty bland if only Dany and Jon were alive and everyone else got killed off.

Kinda how Lana and Theron are always fine and well, but all the old vanilla LI seem to get butchered and become less relevant.

😥

I'm not even that interested in the vanilla companions but they're a lot better than the alternative given.:rak_03:

lol Lana and Theron Targaryen and the player character is Drogon wrecking **** for them.

But they are fire and ice and are meant to come together and steam up the galaxy! We are all just Ygritte and Daario, sexy distractions from their journey of true, incestuous love.

If it isn't weirding you out, it isn't the real thing.

OMG. This convo turn is OMG at the brilliant character similarities.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzTYI2YnYTXo5e3e7hssnnpu0ioTMIBQz8Yb_Jr97HH4ea6q_G

Almost makes me wish Theron will receive a resurrection angle!

also, this!

I just want something new and refreshing, how hard can it be.:rak_06:
Edited by TyonYlle

I don't think most would be amused with the Lana and Theron relationship.

Though I wouldn't mind that.:rak_03:

I've always been a supporter of love between companions.

From when I was first introduced to them in Manaan, I honestly thought the story was heading in the direction of a Lana/Theron match-up. Was honestly kind of hoping for it. Then got bombarded with their mutually-pathetic attempts to hit on my married character. Ugh...

From when I was first introduced to them in Manaan, I honestly thought the story was heading in the direction of a Lana/Theron match-up. Was honestly kind of hoping for it. Then got bombarded with their mutually-pathetic attempts to hit on my married character. Ugh...

Yeah, I also thought Koth and Lana, but also a nope! Would like some affection between my companions to be honest, like in DAI! Of course only after the romance lock in has passed.:rak_03: They kinda tried with Torian and Mako.

I'm almost positive that they were the result of many a breakups. :rak_01:

Not quite sure how to explain it, but there's just something about him.:rak_03: But then again, I'm head over pixels about a character some others loathe to death.:rak_03:

He always makes me think of a 70's radio talk show host lol, and his statement that his name is usually followed by a longing sigh from one of his many conquests, he makes me cringe and laugh at the same time.

Edited by serenitty

I'm almost positive that they were the result of many a breakups. :rak_01:

it's kind of funny that on my last play-through, I had my married SW playfully hitting on Theron just for the sheer "Wouldn't it be ironically hilarious if Satele Shan's son fell for a Sith Lord?" *****s and giggles factor. Then you get to the last conversation with him on Yavin and your only two choices are "Kiss" or "Go away, you're my enemy now". I was like...stuck. Came across a meme that pretty much described it: "When you thought you were doing some harmless flirting, but f*cked around and found yourself in a relationship". Yeah...whoops! Will make for some interesting head-canon come KotFE/ET, though. :D:cool:

It isn't unreasonable to be mad that the last remaining character in the story you have any interest in is going to be killed off like all the other ones you liked. It's like if GoT killed off everyone except the bland heroes Dany and Jon, it would be unwatchable for most people who like to see Cersei, Tyrion, Arya, Tormun etc. add some spice to the story.

Let's get real here. Real life, real facts. The only reason anyone has gotten kill options for any character is because that character doesn't have any more role to play in the story or they want to cull the cast of companions down to manage for everyone. You're not getting it because they want to give you choice or consequences or flavor to your story. So let's just stop pretending. Let's also stop kidding ourselves that they'd ever give Theron or Quinn or anyone else little DLC's to buy. The reality is that kill options mean they're gone and we're left with two options; forget about them or try to keep them going in your own imagination.

Since we don't know exactly how the story is going to play out, what exactly Theron has or hasn't done, if he's helped you or harmed you on the whole, this conversation is pretty speculative and you're getting pretty personal in here for something that might turn out to be completely irrelevant. There are plenty of people who have expressed their desire for a kill option who haven't tried to describe people who don't want it as unreasonable, overly sensitive, selfish, or whatever other unpleasant descriptions you've been throwing around in this thread. :mad: Unreasonable, indeed.

Preach!

I'd be fine with Theron being the traitor if the story was presented in such a way as to:

1- Establish that there was a traitor in the midst

2- A chain of events with Theron and Lana trying to help you "figure out" who the traitor is, with false evidence being planted and circumstantual events placing suspicion on a variety of companion characters, ultimately leading to a grand conclusion where the true identity of the traitor is discovered

3- Hear his reasoning for turning on you, and if it does in fact turn out to be a double agent scenario, that thusly opens up the true story and enemy

Instead we just jump on the train and find out "oh there's a traitor! after him!" and then he's like "yeah, it's me." And then he emails you later and says so long.

The presentation was horrible.

Edited by Arlanon

I'd be fine with Theron being the traitor if the story was presented in such a way as to:

1- Establish that there was a traitor in the midst

2- A chain of events with Theron and Lana trying to help you "figure out" who the traitor is, with false evidence being planted and circumstantual events placing suspicion on a variety of companion characters, ultimately leading to a grand conclusion where the true identity of the traitor is discovered

3- Hear his reasoning for turning on you, and if it does in fact turn out to be a double agent scenario, that thusly opens up the true story and enemy

Instead we just jump on the train and find out "oh there's a traitor! after him!" and then he's like "yeah, it's me." And then he emails you later and says so long.

The presentation was horrible.

I agree, it was horribly done. M. Night Shyamalan level BS.

I agree, it was horribly done. M. Night Shyamalan level BS.

My suspicion is that we got all of season 2 plus half of season 3 squished into what was supposed to be the first half of season two, and that what we are getting now was supposed to be season 3 chapters 10-16 squished into a few breadcrumb quests. No story is going to be well done if you cut out 90% of it. :(

Same here. I love this game and put a lot of time and money into it over the years but, if they do cut his part in the story at all I'll drop my sub.

Tbh I don't think Theron is a traitor. I think he's pretending to be one, to infiltrate the Scions (?), but I don't think he let anyone in on it, not even the Commander.

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I'm sure. The way he said to a romanced character "I'd do anything to protect you." He's doing this to protect the Commander from the real traitors, the remaining Scions. They want to destroy the Alliance, revenge for what happened to Heskel and the others. I remember that lingering shot on that Scion's face; She's the real traitor. Theron is undercover. There won't be a kill option because he is not a traitor.

Edited by RevansSoul