Enough about Theron. Please :)

Naholen

Well yeah, it is available for those who want it, but my brain just blocks out the ability to even try. It's crippling really!

I mean I could Headcanon that I'm going to romance dark side Arcann and be Mister and misses Edgelord, but it just won't work! If it's not canon, it just doesn't matter! (To me)

😥 My sad life.

I envy you magical people who can.:rak_03:

Oh I envy them too haha I've got the same mindset as you pretty much. but still In my Jedi playthroughs even though I don't see people I've let live much it doesn't bother me much cos I know they're alive at least. I have it in my head that maybe BW will someday stop being so unbelievably lazy and use these companions who've been forced to the background by kill choices.... But that's probably a pipe dream lol

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I feel obliged to mention for the folks saying maybe Theron had a good reason etc. didn't he already try to have you killed? Reason really don't matter by that stage to me. I mean Tyth says the "traitor" (Theron) lured you to Iokath to be a SACRIFICE for him :confused::confused::confused::confused: How is that in any way a reasonable thing to make any of my darksiders have to forgive him for? I mean that's just cut and dry betrayal right there. Like is it still ok if he was trying to save the galaxy? We should be cool with that involving us being fed to some ancient machine? Cos my Sith (and my bounty hunter for that matter!!) aren't much for noble sacrifice's honestly and they shouldn't be made to be the type for them.. And don't say well he knew we'd win fighting Tyth cos that's a lazy way to tell a story to me. We may be basically invincible in game but we aren't meant to be in the story really. Nobody could know Tyth wouldn't get the better of us. If anyone could it would be a god right? Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh, and I feel obliged to mention for the folks saying maybe Theron had a good reason etc. didn't he already try to have you killed? Reason really don't matter by that stage to me. I mean Tyth says the "traitor" (Theron) lured you to Iokath to be a SACRIFICE for him :confused::confused::confused::confused: How is that in any way a reasonable thing to make any of my darksiders have to forgive him for? I mean that's just cut and dry betrayal right there. Like is it still ok if he was trying to save the galaxy? We should be cool with that involving us being fed to some ancient machine? Cos my Sith (and my bounty hunter for that matter!!) aren't much for noble sacrifice's honestly and they shouldn't be made to be the type for them.. And don't say well he knew we'd win fighting Tyth cos that's a lazy way to tell a story to me. We may be basically invincible in game but we aren't meant to be in the story really. Nobody could know Tyth wouldn't get the better of us. If anyone could it would be a god right?

Well, If Tyth is affiliated with the traitor organisation, and Theron is triple agent under them, he'd assume Theron lured you there to be sacrificed.

But Theron's actual plan or reasons may be different.:rak_03: Tyth just doesn't know that.

I'm not saying anything of this is true of course, but yeah, it could be a reason.:rak_03:

Oh I envy them too haha I've got the same mindset as you pretty much. but still In my Jedi playthroughs even though I don't see people I've let live much it doesn't bother me much cos I know they're alive at least. I have it in my head that maybe BW will someday stop being so unbelievably lazy and use these companions who've been forced to the background by kill choices.... But that's probably a pipe dream lol

Well I hope the prophecy of uuuuuuuuuu about Bioware is true.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Well, If Tyth is affiliated with the traitor organisation, and Theron is triple agent under them, he'd assume Theron lured you there to be sacrificed.

But Theron's actual plan or reasons may be different.:rak_03: Tyth just doesn't know that.

I'm not saying anything of this is true of course, but yeah, it could be a reason.:rak_03:

Well I hope the prophecy of uuuuuuuuuu about Bioware is true.:rak_03:

But, at the end of the day, he DID still lure you there. Most likely expecting it to be to your death. What other reason could Theron have for laying you out like a treat for this dude?? I mean if he wanted us to kill Tyth why not just ask. Whoever this new big bad is they CANT feasibly be watching everything all the time. Theron definitely could have let us in on whatever this is if it was some plan.

And yeah, many a galactic war has started over the prophecies of the great master UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :rak_01:

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

As to your second point I must again point out there are OTHER COMPANIONS. Just because some have got that awful kill-mark doesn't mean there's nobody who can fill Theron's time. They have plenty still to return and a few who avoided any kill orders. And honestly it's up to BW to just stop with the laziness and write failsafes for gods sakes. If Theron is dead for this line use Arcann if he's dead use Jorgan, Kaliyo, Vette etc etc the list goes on until if everybody is dead you get left with the Lana show since she simply can't die.

As an LGBT person who plays his toons as gay men, I can tell you we do not have a lot of options where romanceable and having a relationship with a male companion is concerned, we only have Koth and Theron and Koth's already been killed off and I had no interest in him as he got on my nerves anyway. Arcann has already been killed off and again I'm not interested in romancing him either even if they made him romancable, so Theron is the only one currently left in the game that a male can romance. So this point is moot, the remaining companions are established as either unable to be romanced or are established as straight.

Edited by DarthEnrique

As an LGBT person who plays his toons as gay men, I can tell you we do not have a lot of options where romanceable and having a relationship with a male companion is concerned, we only have Koth and Theron and Koth's already been killed off and I had no interest in him as he got on my nerves anyway. Arcann has already been killed off and again I'm not interested in romancing him either even if they made him romancable, so Theron is the only one currently left in the game that a male can romance. So this point is moot, the remaining companions are established as either unable to be romanced or are established as straight.

Whatever new LI they introduce will all be multisex, so even if Theron did die, that doesn't mean he'll be the last LI available for men.

Just because you're not interested, doesn't mean others aren't​, Koth and whatever new future LI will still be options for all.

But, at the end of the day, he DID still lure you there. Most likely expecting it to be to your death. What other reason could Theron have for laying you out like a treat for this dude?? I mean if he wanted us to kill Tyth why not just ask. Whoever this new big bad is they CANT feasibly be watching everything all the time. Theron definitely could have let us in on whatever this is if it was some plan.

And yeah, many a galactic war has started over the prophecies of the great master UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :rak_01:

Mmmyea he did, but it still isn't the same! I don't know. I'm not trying to defend Theron, I just can see the other possible side of it.

Edited by Eshvara

Whatever new LI they introduce will all be multisex, so even if Theron did die, that doesn't mean he'll be the last LI available for men.

Just because you're not interested, doesn't mean others aren't​, Koth and whatever new future LI will still be options for all.

How many were introduced in KOTFE and KOTET? 6 for the Star Fortresses, none of them able to be romanced, Lana, Theron, Koth, Senya and Arcann and only two were romanceable for gay men, Koth and Theron, and one was killed off already, sorry but I'm skeptical for a good reason.

^This. BW have still catered to you. And a lot of us have had no LI whatsoever for a few years now with the companions gone. We lived. Because we got our romance scenes in vanilla. Same as you had KOTFE/ET plus SoR for Theron romance scenes.

How many were introduced in KOTFE and KOTET? 6 for the Star Fortresses, none of them able to be romanced, Lana, Theron, Koth, Senya and Arcann and only two were romanceable for gay men, Koth and Theron, and one was killed off already, sorry but I'm skeptical for a good reason.

Um. Star Fortress comps weren't romanceable on anyone regardless of sex tho were they? Don't see why you'd expect them to be really. Eshvara was referring to new main characters which the star fortress people aren't. And Koth being dead doesn't matter bottom line he was still introduced and used same as I'm sure new LI's will be introduced.

^This. BW have still catered to you. And a lot of us have had no LI whatsoever for a few years now with the companions gone. We lived. Because we got our romance scenes in vanilla. Same as you had KOTFE/ET plus SoR for Theron romance scenes.

Um. Star Fortress comps weren't romanceable on anyone regardless of sex tho were they? Don't see why you'd expect them to be really. Eshvara was referring to new main characters which the star fortress people aren't. And Koth being dead doesn't matter bottom line he was still introduced and used same as I'm sure new LI's will be introduced.

🙄 You know what this insensitivity is getting on my nerves to the point where and this is a promise, Theron gets killed off and I'm not allowed to have anything more to do with him cause of it I will not stay subbed to this game and I will never returned as a sub, I will play to spend time with the person that I love but Bioware will not get anymore money from me for a subscription or Cartel Coins, I'm tired of this. I pay for my subscription not you, Bioware needs to respect what I want if they want my money. Period, so enough! I want Theron as my love interest, my game my choice and my choice need should matter if I spare Theron and want to continue my relationship with him I do not want a damn email every now and then period, respect people's feelings and don't tell them what to do or how they should feel or how they should enjoy the game they pay for.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Are we supposed to expect a new LI with every expansion? And I don't blame you for being skeptical. But rumours around a new LI have already started, even confirmed by a voice actor. I can almost guarantee he'll be multisex. You not being interested in however is not part of the actual problem at hand.

Mmmyea he did, but it still isn't the same! I don't know. I'm not trying to defend Theron, I just can see the other possible side of it.

Oh I can see the other side where he could be doing this for a greater good I just don't see any greater good being enough to stop my Sith Lord and a sizable portion of the community from wanting him dead anyways. After all my Sith don't generally care about the greater good. I see how people could be annoyed about this but in my view the axe has been swung already. No going back now. Sith (and the community xD) aren't generally rational people who'll forgive stuff like this.

Are we supposed to expect a new LI with every expansion? And I don't blame you for being skeptical. But rumours around a new LI have already started, even confirmed by a voice actor. I can almost guarantee he'll be multisex. You not being interested in however is not part of the actual problem at hand.

I don't want Arcann! I have no interest in him as a love interest, I like him as a character that's it.

🙄 You know what this insensitivity is getting on my nerves to the point where and this is a promise, Theron gets killed off and I'm not allowed to have anything more to do with him cause of it I will not stay subbed to this game and I will never returned as a sub, I will play to spend time with the person that I love but Bioware will not get anymore money from me for a subscription or Cartel Coins, I'm tired of this. I pay for my subscription not you, Bioware needs to respect what I want if they want my money. Period, so enough! I want Theron as my love interest, my game my choice and my choice need should matter if I spare Theron and want to continue my relationship with him I do not want a damn email every now and then period, respect people's feelings and don't tell them what to do or how they should feel or how they should enjoy the way the enjoy the game they pay for.

You realise I pay the exact same amount monthly that you do right? Why are your wants more important than mine or Eshvara's or anybody else's huh? Talk about "insensitivity" :/

🙄 You know what this insensitivity is getting on my nerves to the point where and this is a promise, Theron gets killed off and I'm not allowed to have anything more to do with him cause of it I will not stay subbed to this game and i will never returned. I'm tired of this. I pay for my subscription not you, Bioware needs to respect what I want if they want my money. Period, so enough!

U, might have been a little harsh, but what I think, he meant to say was that all new companions from now on (back since SoR) will be Bisexual. I don't think you need to worry about getting no other male LIs, considering all companions of recent are bi, in fact, I think you could say the trend goes all the way back to their first expansion, Makeb.

But we're all getting a little heated, I think, like others have said, I really don't think you need to worry about Theron not having any more involvement in the main storyline in the future. There's worlds of difference between other companions, like, even Koth, and Theron.

I don't want Arcann! I have no interest in him as a love interest, I like him as a character that's it.

Tough I guess. I wanted to keep Kira Carsen. I couldn't. I moved on. Your starting to sound a little whiny about this I have to say. Theron will likely have a kill option. That's just something you'll have to come to peace with or else unsub I guess. It sucks. But hey, that's BW for you. I hate the companions being background characters post possible death too. But that's just the way the wind is blowing now.

I still don't think he will!

I do. They've already starting swinging the axe in my mind. I think they'll be afraid of the backlash if they don't a la Quinn in vanilla. They removed the kill option and people went nuts. If they wanted him to live they wouldn't have made it such an out and out betrayal and wouldn't have made Theron actually try to kill you + tear down your lifes work in the alliance.

U, might have been a little harsh, but what I think, he meant to say was that all new companions from now on (back since SoR) will be Bisexual. I don't think you need to worry about getting no other male LIs, considering all companions of recent are bi, in fact, I think you could say the trend goes all the way back to their first expansion, Makeb.

But we're all getting a little heated, I think, like others have said, I really don't think you need to worry about Theron not having any more involvement in the main storyline in the future. There's worlds of difference between other companions, like, even Koth, and Theron.

It's not that, if I choose to spare Theron and continue my relationship with him, which is what I want, I should have that option and get more than a damn email from Theron now and then isn't going to cut it but people don't want to respect how I feel where my game is concerned. It's not meant to be harsh it's meant to be realistic that I'm tired of being told how I should enjoy my game and acting like future possible love interest companions is going to cut it when I already have a companion love interest.

This like asking all people who have had their love interest to come back from the vanilla companions to move on and choose a new love interest when they want to remain loyal to their original love interest back to have them later be where three will be no interaction with them like female characters just got with Quinn, it's not right and Bioware needs to stop.

I do. They've already starting swinging the axe in my mind. I think they'll be afraid of the backlash if they don't a la Quinn in vanilla. They removed the kill option and people went nuts.

I think Bioware is no longer frightened by backlash. They keep receiving it and nothing changes. I bet heir skin is as thick as bark. Theron will live! And so will immortal waifu Lana.

Edited by Eshvara

Tough I guess. I wanted to keep Kira Carsen. I couldn't. I moved on. Your starting to sound a little whiny about this I have to say. Theron will likely have a kill option. That's just something you'll have to come to peace with or else unsub I guess. It sucks. But hey, that's BW for you. I hate the companions being background characters post possible death too. But that's just the way the wind is blowing now.

It's whiny to demand my money's worth out of this game? Yes I will unsub if Theron gets killed off that's not being whiny that's being my final straw has been hit. And guess who suffers when more players quit cause I'm not the only one who will leave if Theron is killed off and you'll be the one suffering cause that means less people playing the game and more complaints about servers dying, etc.

Bioware cannot keep losing subs as it wi kill this game, the fact they are understaffed is because they are not keeping enough subscriptions to have a full staff, they can't keep affording to lose players so think about that.

Edited by DarthEnrique

It's not that, if I choose to spare Theron and continue my relationship with him, which is what I want, I should have that option and get more than a damn email from Theron now and then isn't going to cut it but people don't want to respect how I feel where my game is concerned. It's not meant to be harsh it's meant to be realistic that I'm tired of being told how I should enjoy my game and acting like future possible love interest companions is going to cut it when I already have a companion love interest.

This like asking all people who have had their love interest to come back from the vanilla companions to move on and choose a new love interest when they want to remain loyal to their original love interest back to have them later be where three will be no interaction with them like female characters just got with Quinn, it's not right and Bioware needs to stop.

Your basically saying this is the last straw because its the comp YOU like this time. I've already had to "move on" as you say with Vette and I didn't complain nearly this much. Nobody is telling you "how to enjoy the game" we are telling you the realities of the game. Possibly dead comps get pushed to the background. Theron will likely die. He doesn't deserve special treatment just because you want it. The story is for everyone not just you. Otherwise I want Kira back tomorrow or I'm unsubbing too xD What stops people doing these ultimatums every night?

It's whiny to demand my money's worth out of this game? Yes I will unsub if Theron gets pushed off that's not being whiny that's being my final straw has been hit. And guess who suffers when more players quit cause I'm not the only one who will leave if Theron is killed off and you'll be the one suffering cause that means less people playing the game and more complaints about servers dying, etc.

Bioware cannot keep losing subs as it wi kill this game, the fact they are understaffed is because they are not keeping enough subscriptions to have a full staff, they can't keep affording to lose players so think about that.

Lol. Swtor- "Dying since December 2011"

I seriously doubt more people would leave over this than threaten to leave every day over missing companions. Your money's worth here is what you are getting. You don't pay anything more than me. They can't cater perfectly to both of us. My money's worth is being allowed to kill Theron then. How do they keep us both? They can't. And you can't prove more people love Theron than would want him dead really. I've seen plenty who can't stand the Devs pets Lana and Theron. Does the money they pay mean nothing?

They can they proved they can with Senya and Arcann, you spared them and they got to be a major part of the final chapter of KOTET but since then they been in the background and all we get is emails. They can do it but whether they will is another and I don't trust them to do what's right with Theron is concerned. Anywho you're on ignore now. Please do the same.

I really hope they'll continue this.😥 It's a fix for most things! Or at least a sturdy bandaid.:o