tanks in DPS gear make pvp objectively more fun

yellow_

If you're not running 4's who even cares what you play or how you gear, regs are a complete **** show due to gear disparity, skill/experience disparity, and zero matchmaking.

4s is the only top tier gloat of what works in a premade and what doesn't. Thing about organised 4s is there is only a handful of comps that work vs skilled players seasoned with their comp. Even then some matches are determined by human era, lag, or a smart intelligent strategy.

The meta ATM in 5.3 in 4s is skank tank, it's nothing brilliant or made up, skank tank has been used years ago and will continue till bioware makes the correct changes that need addressed.

I used to face years ago a skank tank comp with a guild called Lukewarm Tauntauns, it was effective and it worked but as good as they thought it was with wins, hard swap focus beat it.

Meaning skilled players adapt to change and learn how to change the game plan to provide a cushion for success.

I feel like YODA speaking..

:csw_yoda:

Edited by Caeliuxrules

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well absorb sin/shadow has pros and cons, shield tanks seem to be more survivable where Jug has better defensive outcomes outta the 3. Yeah HP of course matters lol.

See you can make a decent tank out of end/power augments and dps gear with tank armorings.

I don't like it but while in normals I can pull some silly numbers on my guardian in pure dps gear and pure dps spec if I take that to ranked I get wrecked. I take a skank tank and I can make a difference, a big one. Its night and day. As a Sin I don't feel the need but as a guardian, I do.

4s is the only top tier gloat of what works in a premade and what doesn't. Thing about organised 4s is there is only a handful of comps that work vs skilled players seasoned with their comp. Even then some matches are determined by human era, lag, or a smart intelligent strategy.

The meta ATM in 5.3 in 4s is skank tank, it's nothing brilliant or made up, skank tank has been used years ago and will continue till bioware makes the correct changes that need addressed.

I used to face years ago a skank tank comp with a guild called Lukewarm Tauntauns, it was effective and it worked but as good as they thought it was with wins, hard swap focus beat it.

Meaning skilled players adapt to change and learn how to change the game plan to provide a cushion for success.

I feel like YODA speaking..

:csw_yoda:

Teams have been running "skank tanks" (this is a misnomer btw, since it originally referred to dps specs stance swapping to guard) since ranked 8vs8.

Hard swap comps don't counter skank tanks, hard swaps comps are designed to counter guard by preventing the tank from guarding your target through the effective use of cc and short burst windows; hard swap doesn't care what kind of gear your tank is using but dps geared tanks are actually more effective vs hard swap since your tank survival isn't an issue.

If you're Yoda I guess I'm Darth Sidious; perhaps you'll withdraw from the forums and hide on Dagobah after losing this encounter.

hard swap doesn't care what kind of gear your tank is using but dps geared tanks are actually more effective vs hard swap since your tank survival isn't an issue.

This is when I can't take you seriously.

You just applied DPS tanks are better for hard swaps when the hard swaps and tank tunneling is happening?

Did you just apply that a Tank DPS survivability isn't a issue?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This is when I can't take you seriously.

You just applied DPS tanks are better for hard swaps when the hard swaps and tank tunneling is happening?

Did you just apply that a Tank DPS survivability isn't a issue?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

What does tank tunnel have to do with hard swap?

You never brought up tank tunnel, you specifically said that hard swap countered skank tanks:

Tank survivalability is important vs tank tunnel.

Tank survivalability is not an issue vs hard swap.

Edit: Also, Gladius had good guard swaps but his dps as a tank was never extremely high, I wouldn't classify him as a skank.

Edited by alexsamma

Teams have been running "skank tanks" (this is a misnomer btw, since it originally referred to dps specs stance swapping to guard) since ranked 8 vs 8.

I don't know who you faced in 8s but I'm here to tell you the best guilds who played 8s had jug full tank and a shadow full tank node guard.

To mention a few, hey I'm MVP, crescendo, strictly business, synergy. @Bastion.

Edited by Caeliuxrules

I don't know who you faced in 8s but I'm here to tell you the best guilds who played 8s had jug full tank and a shadow full tank node guard.

To mention a few, hey I'm MVP, crescendo, strictly business, synergy. @Bastion.

You ignored 99% of my post, but as an East Coast player the best team I faced was <Casual> and Liege was essentially an extra dps on their team.

You ignored 99% of my post, but as an East Coast player the best team I faced was <Casual> and Liege was essentially an extra dps on their team.

Didn't ignore you man. I understand swaps and tunnel man. I've done ranked since beginning. Faced best guilds on bastion and Harb. Hear casual was dam good from players I have known.

Bottom line sure it matters who is behind wheel of tank, that is for sure.

My opinion would never run skank in my meta. But hey I just might you never know.

Edited by Caeliuxrules

What map was this and how long did the match go for? Any vids?
It was a slightly longer than average hypergate. One person was streaming but she was taking care of pylons.

What does tank tunnel have to do with hard swap?

You never brought up tank tunnel, you specifically said that hard swap countered skank tanks:

If it wasn't already clear, he has no idea what he is talking about. He puts that hardswap term into his posts completely randomly as far as I can tell. It's like swtor forums mad libs.

Mitigation stats are at their most useless against hardswap.

If it wasn't already clear, he has no idea what he is talking about. He puts that hardswap term into his posts completely randomly as far as I can tell. It's like swtor forums mad libs.

Mitigation stats are at their most useless against hardswap.

Remember when I posted the arrogance of you and Hotties bravado, it stinks like brute Cologne.

No duh on hard swaps mitigation don't matter, if the team swapping is swapping on a no guarded target then it's correct no?.. (insert sarcasm)

But being tank tunneled as a DPS tank don't work does it, so why skank vs that unless your applying that this era of swtor ranked is skank tank tunneling, may the best fluff damage win?

Think Evo said it right, seems like a punching bag of complete utter *********** bordom

#wakemeupbeforeigogo

Edited by Caeliuxrules

Remember when I posted the arrogance of you and Hotties bravado, it stinks like brute Cologne.

No duh on hard swaps mitigation don't matter, if the team swapping is swapping on a no guarded target then it's correct no?.. (insert sarcasm)

But being tank tunneled as a DPS tank don't work does it, so why skank vs that unless your applying that this era of swtor ranked is skank tank tunneling, may the best fluff damage win?

Think Evo said it right, seems like a punching bag of complete utter *********** bordom

#wakemeupbeforeigogo

You literally have an obsession don't you?

*popcorn*

You literally have an obsession don't you?

*popcorn*

Lol you guys keep quoting and feeding the masses your one sided point of view.

I mean you can't help yourself, and Doc well thinks your guild is only guild doing ranked.

#popcornwithbutter

Lol you guys keep quoting and feeding the masses your one sided point of view.

I mean you can't help yourself, and Doc well thinks your guild is only guild doing ranked.

#popcornwithbutter

I'm sure if he actually said that you could quote him.

*popcorn*

Think Sick Twisted Individuals is a understatement.. more like Egotistical Flakey Individuals fits.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm curious about the quote in your signature, could you please explain to me what it means (to you)?

"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.”

90% of this thread is Caeliuxrules crying and spilling is delusions on how he thinks this game works. I am thoroughly entertained as well.

I'm delusional?

You said skank tank was DPS only, I corrected you. You didn't like it or either did Doc. Both of you like playing paddy cake on these forums like some self righteous agenda.

I can't be controlled by you or anyone's standard because I actually know what I am talking about. Kinda like how you tried to correct Warrior about playing Marauder when you don't even play the class, then insert your opinion on how wonderful your guild mate is.

Or kinda like when we are talking about tanking, and yet again you try to act like you and Doc know everything.

So far if anyone goes through all yours and Doc's post I would be willing to bet both of you quote and try to correct everyone and use your guild as a beckon of experience, when actually it's just a small guild of ranked players who took years to even get better, and if any of the old players was playing wouldn't have a chance.

Mosh, Krea, Lukewarm, just name a few people and a guild who trained your guild.

Lmao, I remember you. Never seen you in solo ranked. Never seen you guys in conquest. Never seen you guys do any raids. Pretty much seen you trihard in regs and still lose.

I mean your what's left of Harb. Sad. It's OK though wait till you see who I am bringing back with me.

Going to be surprise. Shhhhhh

Edited by Caeliuxrules