tanks in DPS gear make pvp objectively more fun

yellow_

Yes.

5char

So I'm delusional?

I tell you he was a skank tank and your reply was,

Skank tank = a DPS Speced player who is guarding another player.

Doc was not "skank tanking" seeing how he was in tank spec and wearing DPS gear.

All MMOs call skank tank a DPS tank. No not a DPS, because no DPS I have played has taunt and can guard a person besides SWTOR. Only tank in this game can do that, unless your a buffoon and try to tank as a DPS vengeance..

Summary: You wanna be right and can't stand it.

Warrior said pseudo burst is carnage, and soon as Doc and him have a debate here comes good old Hottie..

@Grim - Carnage is burst, please stop over thinking it. In regards to your discussion with Doc, Doc is one of the top PvP Maras in the game. He has a strong understanding of all the Maras specs. He is in good standing for top 3 Mara in solo ranked (2500+ rated) and activity playing Anni in group ranked as well as Carnage for group rank hardswap verse the best PvP group rank teams in the game. He understand the class on the highest level in regards to PvP. I would sit down and listen to him, maybe you could learn something.

Ms. Know it all to quote on a topic she has no business commenting about.

Summary': You and Doc have a history of sarcastic egotistical elitism where you always trying to correct someone just because a dead PvP game has given you a easy time since most of all the great players are gone. Harb don't have very much great players anymore, Tre holds that now. Just look at the leaderboards.

I assume you guys will report me for speaking out loud, but least people should know.

I suggest you and Doc to stop quoting what I say and either agree to disagree, or don't say nothing at all.

If you don't be ready for serious embarrassment.

This isn't a threat.

Edited by Caeliuxrules

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skank

skaNGk/Submit

verb

swindle or deceive.

skanking, aka swindling, refers to pretending to be a tank when you are not. you are a skank tank when you are in dps spec and guarding people

now that's settled, lets get back on the topic of how mitigation tanks are boring turtles that make stuff die even slower than it already does thus making pvp worse

Deet Wrong.

Skank tanks are tank spec only wearing DPS gear [high endurance]. If you are a DPS spec, you are not a tank.

By your logic than, there is no term for a Tank spec wearing DPS gear.

A dps using guards is not a skank tank, the term for them is 'fake tank', which is what you see in L4 on fleet very often for Operations.

A dps using guard only came about at the start of 5.0 and the term skank tank existed prior to 5.0 so that should serve as further evidence that the term skank tank does not refer to a dps spec using guard. Not only that, if it were as you suggest that would essentially mean that every Jugg, PT, and Assassin is regardless of spec a skank tank, either an actual tank spec using DPS gear or just a DPS spec with the ability to use guard. They'd all be tanks of a sort than.

The following link is to another thread on this subject "what is a skank tank" from these forums from 2015, well before 5.0 dropped. You will find here that the accepted definition of skank tank refers to a tank spec utilizing DPS gear. Baring in mind that back than you still had stances [tank stance] so some of the parlance of that period is used. DPS tank = Skank Tank = Tank spec with DPS gear. The term DPS tank is no longer used because there aren't stances you can toggle anymore.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=812697

The definition you provided for 'skank' can still apply from a slightly different point of view.

A tank spec using DPS gear is not operating in a manner that is normally consistent with that role, they are claiming to be tanks, but they are operating more as DPS therefore that can be viewed as the 'deceit'. Tanks are meant to mitigate damage and have enemies focus on them rather than on the healers or DPS, they are not designed for functioning as a DPS role yet that's what skank tanks do.

I understand why they do it, if tank stats do not function as they do in PVE in PVP for them, using tank stats is suboptimal, they lose little in the way of survivability by not using them and they gain more by using DPS gear. Wouldn't make sense to go about it any other way under those conditions.

Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that they are role breaking and getting the best of both worlds resulting in imbalance. They need to address the issue where by tank stats are consumerate in their use in PVP to the same/like full effectiveness as in PVE. If they do that, at that point they should than punish tank specs for using DPS gear in some appropriate manner. They effect of skank tanking in PVP is not much different that how Mercs and Snipers are role breaking, although I would say skanks are not as role breaking as Mercs and Snipers, as Skanks only represent DPS and Tank roles in one whereas Mercs and Snipers represent walking trinities with representation of all three roles in one.

Again I don't blame them for skank tanking under current conditions, but a tank spec should never be able to put out DPS spec type DPS. Just under the dps of the lowest ranked DPS spec should be as high as a tank spec should be able to put out at best. I don't think anyone could disagree with the notion that skank tanking is role-breaking.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Deet Wrong.

Skank tanks are tank spec only wearing DPS gear [high endurance]. If you are a DPS spec, you are not a tank.

By your logic than, there is no term for a Tank spec wearing DPS gear.

A dps using guards is not a skank tank, the term for them is 'fake tank', which is what you see in L4 on fleet very often for Operations.

A dps using guard only came about at the start of 5.0 and the term skank tank existed prior to 5.0 so that should serve as further evidence that the term skank tank does not refer to a dps spec using guard. Not only that, if it were as you suggest that would essentially mean that every Jugg, PT, and Assassin is regardless of spec a skank tank, either an actual tank spec using DPS gear or just a DPS spec with the ability to use guard. They'd all be tanks of a sort than.

The following link is to another thread on this subject "what is a skank tank" from these forums from 2015, well before 5.0 dropped. You will find here that the accepted definition of skank tank refers to a tank spec utilizing DPS gear. Baring in mind that back than you still had stances [tank stance] so some of the parlance of that period is used. DPS tank = Skank Tank = Tank spec with DPS gear. The term DPS tank is no longer used because there aren't stances you can toggle anymore.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=812697

The definition you provided for 'skank' can still apply from a slightly different point of view.

A tank spec using DPS gear is not operating in a manner that is normally consistent with that role, they are claiming to be tanks, but they are operating more as DPS therefore that can be viewed as the 'deceit'. Tanks are meant to mitigate damage and have enemies focus on them rather than on the healers or DPS, they are not designed for functioning as a DPS role yet that's what skank tanks do.

I understand why they do it, if tank stats do not function as they do in PVE in PVP for them, using tank stats is suboptimal, they lose little in the way of survivability by not using them and they gain more by using DPS gear. Wouldn't make sense to go about it any other way under those conditions.

Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that they are role breaking and getting the best of both worlds resulting in imbalance. They need to address the issue where by tank stats are consumerate in their use in PVP to the same/like full effectiveness as in PVE. If they do that, at that point they should than punish tank specs for using DPS gear in some appropriate manner. They effect of skank tanking in PVP is not much different that how Mercs and Snipers are role breaking, although I would say skanks are not as role breaking as Mercs and Snipers, as Skanks only represent DPS and Tank roles in one whereas Mercs and Snipers represent walking trinities with representation of all three roles in one.

Again I don't blame them for skank tanking under current conditions, but a tank spec should never be able to put out DPS spec type DPS. Just under the dps of the lowest ranked DPS spec should be as high as a tank spec should be able to put out at best. I don't think anyone could disagree with the notion that it is role-breaking.

I know I said I was done posting on these **** forums because of keyboard warriors, but...

WTB a meaningful post with less than 1,000,000 words that people will actually read. :)

Warrior knows what he is talking about and is very thorough on explaining things in detail. I've read a lot he has to say and would advice listening to him.

Bioware should hire this guy to break it down what is wrong with classes, or to educate people on facts and not biased urban opinions.

Edited by Caeliuxrules

Feel free not to read one word of anything I post =]

Trust me, won't have to worry about me reading anything you post that's longer than a sentence. Otherwise I'm gonna get involved in another "pseudo-burst" argument where one side is obviously wrong and is summoning upon fanboys to prevent anyone else from intervening with the reg star on shadowlands LUL

Warrior knows what he is talking about and is very thorough on explaining things in detail. I've read a lot he has to say and would advice listening to him.

Bioware should hire this guy to break it down what is wrong with classes, or to educate people on facts and not biased urban opinions.

I'm not gonna say he's unknowledgable, but if you have to type an essay every single time you post on the forums to get your point across when you can say simply "Skank tanks are tanks in DPS gear" and then maybe post a screenshot or something of a definition, then there is something clearly wrong with your brain to the point where I think you should seek mental help.

I'm not gonna say he's unknowledgable, but if you have to type an essay every single time you post on the forums to get your point across.

Well don't most great minds have a lot to say?

You can't judge the person giving info, if your complaining on the way your receiving it..

Pseudo burst = carnage

Upload burst = fury

Sustained damage = anni

Fin

Shall I quote the part where you literally said I was right after providing examples of how, by Grim's definition, every burst spec in the game is "pseudo-burst" and Grim was only arguing for his spec because he wants it to be one of the superior mara specs? LUL, just stop responding at this point. You are becoming petty. Let me know how Grim's dick tastes.

Shall I quote the part where you literally said I was right after providing examples of how, by Grim's definition, every burst spec in the game is "pseudo-burst" and Grim was only arguing for his spec because he wants it to be one of the superior mara specs? LUL, just stop responding at this point. You are becoming petty. Let me know how Grim's dick tastes.

I agree that carnage isn't a true burst, it's a ramp up burst class.

Let me see this imaginary quote.

I agree that carnage isn't a true burst, it's a ramp up burst class.

Let me see this imaginary quote.

Here you go.

Great points and looking at it that way yeah some specs in this game is more ramp up than upload burst.

Devs said it I reckon to explain to the masses thier opinion what specs are. Seems debate was taken serious as we can see lol.

Great points though, +1. 😀

And compliments to Hottie's viewer: http://imgur.com/a/PPgIa

Edited by LanternsUnite

No, but on your stream sounds like you have a lisp, is that chewing gum?

So, you've gotten destroyed so hard that you can't even provide a logical counter argument and thus resort to a personal attack? Wowee please lend me the book of 12yr old insults you read out of while you sit there spamming the "refresh / reload page" button, sweating from the speed at which you click the button, waiting for someone or KissingAiur to reply.

Grim at least speaks SOMETHING from his own mind, granted I don't read all of it because I can't be bothered to read a constant stream that is a Trump wall of text, but some of it is interesting indeed. Meanwhile you sit here spew random crap that is so degrading that the sewage system has a higher sanitation level. If you're gonna sit there and ride someone's dick while sucking another one at least do it correctly.

I will take my leave now, but please let me know when you actually decided to jump into a PvP match so I can 20% alacrity you. You think 15% is lethal and fearsome? You have no idea the power that I wield with 20%. I have ascended to a level nobody else has, to a level nobody else ever dreamed of...TO A LEVEL NOBODY DARES GO. And this...isn't even my final form. Kids get globalled both in game and on forums with how fast I move.

:thinking: <--- yes this is safe and not a virus. Who do you think I am, <Lukewarm TaunTauns>?

Here you go.

T

And compliments to Hottie's viewer: http://imgur.com/a/PPgIa

1.I defended Grim on his point of view, matter fact I agreed with him.

I really didn't see any name calling, disagreement maybe.

And to fair when it came to the disagreement between Doc and Grim, it was over the word Psudo-Burst which Grim feels carnage is compared to Fury. Then Doc wanted to correct Grim, then Grim snaps back, then Doc snaps back, then it stopped..

Then Hottie (ironic Doc's guild mate) brings topic back up DAYS later which is today being snarky and prentencious calling out Grim (basically calling Grim bad because of a opinion, just because Doc is a good ranked player and got his feelings hurt), so I butted in today like she did because well not fair to team up on Grim when Grim didn't have intentions to hurt anyone was just his opinion WHICH he should have about the class he loves.

There it is.

Summary: To be honest who cares.

Js.

😂😂😂😂😂

I agreed with you about your opinion, don't get it twisted about me not agreeing with Grim. Grim was attacked for having a fair minded opinion which even Bioware has said pseudo spec.

I happen to be on side with Grim, carnage isn't true burst class, it's a ramp up damage burst with crafty moves.

Real burst is fury and from looks always will be. I do hope carnage gets love cause I like playing it as well.

1.I defended Grim on his point of view, matter fact I agreed with him.

I agreed with you about your opinion, don't get it twisted about me not agreeing with Grim. Grim was attacked for having a fair minded opinion which even Bioware has said pseudo spec.

I happen to be on side with Grim, carnage isn't true burst class, it's a ramp up damage burst with crafty moves.

Real burst is fury and from looks always will be. I do hope carnage gets love cause I like playing it as well.

Are you actually this dumb? LOL, what part is ramp up? The part where you build fury stacks for Berserk for your alacrity buff? You know, THE THING THAT ALL 3 MARAUDER SPECS DO? Or the cooldown on Ferocity that buffs all your damage? Oh, so you mean the same thing that Annihilation has? LOL. What a *********** meme.

This is literally you IRL without a doubt and anyone who doesn't agree is eating the same krabby paddies as you: http://imgur.com/a/PPgIa

Edited by LanternsUnite

I will take my leave now, but please let me know when you actually decided to jump into a PvP match so I can 20% alacrity you. You think 15% is lethal and fearsome? You have no idea the power that I wield with 20%. I have ascended to a level nobody else has, to a level nobody else ever dreamed of...TO A LEVEL NOBODY DARES GO. And this...isn't even my final form. Kids get globalled both in game and on forums with how fast I move.

ROFL!!!!! OK little buddy.. 😂😂😂😂😂

Are you actually this dumb? LOL, what part is ramp up? The part where you build fury stacks for Berserk for your alacrity buff? You know, THE THING THAT ALL 3 MARAUDER SPECS DO? Or the cooldown on Ferocity that buffs all your damage? Oh, so you mean the same thing that Annihilation has? LOL. What a *********** meme.

This is literally you IRL without a doubt and anyone who doesn't agree is eating the same krabby paddies as you: http://imgur.com/a/PPgIa

Seems irony of ignorance has polluted you all.

Poor souls. 😂😂😂😂

Seems irony of ignorance has polluted you all.

Poor souls. 😂😂😂😂

K fam.

I suggest you and Doc to stop quoting what I say and either agree to disagree, or don't say nothing at all.

If you don't be ready for serious embarrassment.

This isn't a threat.

Think Evo said it right, seems like a punching bag of complete utter *********** bordom

#wakemeupbeforeigogo

Think Sick Twisted Individuals is a understatement.. more like Egotistical Flakey Individuals fits.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

No, but on your stream sounds like you have a lisp, is that chewing gum?

http://imgur.com/a/PPgIa

P.S. All taken from this thread LOL, could get more if I wanted

Edited by LanternsUnite