Keith, why can't Bio follow Square Enix's example

Icykill_

OK... well you went off topic.... but....

LOL..... but credit for a new twist on the pitchforks & torches role play. :)

As of June, 2017... EA had ~310 million shares outstanding, at a current average trade value of $115+ per share https://ycharts.com/companies/EA/shares_outstanding https://ycharts.com/companies/EA

That is a market capitalization of $36 Billion.

The vast majority of outstanding shares are held by institutional traders... who can and will vote their financial interests, NOT specifically pet player interests. http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ea/institutional-holdings Besides... EA has a wide portfolio of products and services, and SWTOR is only one smaller facet of the total book of business.

No grass roots effort can put any notable dent into share ownership (leverage), and as such is a waste of time. So you need a better role play.

So what ur saying is...we can do this!!! If all of us buy 1000 shares each, we'll have the majority of shares and then we can totally make this work...right? ;)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone get EA'S attention for course correction?

You can always write to their CEO.

If you are lucky your email will be forwarded to the customer service director at BioWare Austin (formerly Keith)

If you are very lucky it will be read by someone in power at EA.

And if your email is that powerful it's going to be read by EA CEO

Finally if he finds it worth his very precious time you might even get an answer.

To be honest you'd have better luck to get a Gamorrean companion in 1000 draw than the last part :)

Edited by Deewe

I'd rather see a remake of KOTOR1+KOTOR2 as single player modern game, with option to co-op in multiplayer the same story, but NOT mmo.

Remaking SWTOR seems like a miracle. They don't bother to fix simple quest chain bugs, why would all the sudden they care to fix everything. But there is no doubt that I would love to see modern version of TOR too.

FFXIV needs more servers, what they have is not enough for all players. Their game is still growing.

Edited by BoySaber

I'm laughing at the people dissing FFXIV's graphics.

Just watch that (STORY mode) for a minute. That's not "clunky" and the person who recorded that isn't even on the top graphic settings. You want clunky? SWTOR is clunky.

Not that I dislike SWTOR's graphics. Not that I dislike SWTOR in general. Just... really? FFXIV is breathtakingly beautiful.

Edited by Radzkie

You can always write to their CEO.

If you are lucky your email will be forwarded to the customer service director at BioWare Austin (formerly Keith)

If you are very lucky it will be read by someone in power at EA.

And if your email is that powerful it's going to be read by EA CEO

Finally if he finds it worth his very precious time you might even get an answer.

To be honest you'd have better luck to get a Gamorrean companion in 1000 draw than the last part :)

I am lucky because I have Gamorrean companion.

It's a shame Disney haven't caught wind of how EA are mishandling their IP.

They are opening a Star Wars themed hotel in Magic Kingdom at 1,000 per person. They have two new movies on the way along with a new series. An RPG Star Wars game is due the end of 2018. They don't really care about this game as it probably reaches a Star Wars demographic they would otherwise not care about.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to put on this Wookie janitor costume and clean out the bathrooms in First Order lobby......................

I'd rather see a remake of KOTOR1+KOTOR2 as single player modern game, with option to co-op in multiplayer the same story, but NOT mmo.

Remaking SWTOR seems like a miracle. They don't bother to fix simple quest chain bugs, why would all the sudden they care to fix everything. But there is no doubt that I would love to see modern version of TOR too.

FFXIV needs more servers, what they have is not enough for all players. Their game is still growing.

well they started work on KOTOR 3 you know.

If they can do this but allow me to:

Keep all collections I've gotten and unlocked

All achievements

Strongholds and decorations

Work on story and characters I've created

Credits, items in storage, mats

The sure I'd welcome a new engine and servers if the game will play better sure.

But if we are talking.about wiping out 5 plus years of work and dedication and wiping the slate clean, then no I'm against following their example.

The original FFIV was open for only two years and was a major issue from day one. This game has been out 5 years and I feel it's beyond the time to wipe the slate clean.

Build a new game engine, let me keep all work I've out into the game over the last five years just fix all the back end stuff and out more resources such as money and people then I'm all for it. Otherwise no.

As much as I would enjoy an upgraded version of SWTOR, now doesn't seem like a good time. Many of the upgrades released in the last several months have been buggy and not thorough in implementation. For example, new filter fields don't work properly. New searching and sorting options only appear on certain tabs of a UI. Even the Sort By Name feature on vendors has bugs. If they were to make a new version of SWTOR right, I have a feeling it would be crippled by a lack of either a commitment to serious QA or lack of dedication to fixing whatever problems the QA team finds. I'm crossing my fingers that update 5.4 reverses the trend of rushed or shoddy quality.

On a side note, I'm saving up for my trip to Disney's Star Wars hotel and experience. I hope to see y'all there!

Edited by Xina_LA

I'm laughing at the people dissing FFXIV's graphics.

Just watch that (STORY mode) for a minute. That's not "clunky" and the person who recorded that isn't even on the top graphic settings. You want clunky? SWTOR is clunky.

Not that I dislike SWTOR's graphics. Not that I dislike SWTOR in general. Just... really? FFXIV is breathtakingly beautiful.

I watched your video and was totally unimpressed. The dragon looked pretty good, but nothing special. The environment...lol, just lol. Let's say it's very frames-per-second friendly but certainly not great graphics. Just some basic squares and blocks.

I mean, it's not bad, but if this is your example of how great the graphics are then I'd find another clip to show.

A block of 9 basic empty squares with a few blocky rocks around it and a dragon boss...all comparisons aside, how did you see this as a good example of great graphics?

Edited by Tsillah

Well I can't agree more with you. A new Engine and a fresh start for Star Wars is what this MMO needs. Relaunch otherwise said, with better engine and better capabilities. I would suggest for the studio, if they don't have the resources to relaunch the game, to simply make a crowfunding. A lot of games made their appearance thanks exactly to those websites like kickstarter... so perhaps they should look for such alternative. I want a new version of the game, with better engine, and I hope they will start working on it, as soon as they complete their current projects.

I watched your video and was totally unimpressed. The dragon looked pretty good, but nothing special. The environment...lol, just lol. Let's say it's very frames-per-second friendly but certainly not great graphics. Just some basic squares and blocks.

I mean, it's not bad, but if this is your example of how great the graphics are then I'd find another clip to show.

A block of 9 basic empty squares with a few blocky rocks around it and a dragon boss...all comparisons aside, how did you see this as a good example of great graphics?

lol

Clearly our opinions on graphics differ. Because there's not a bunch of random stuff on the crumbling arena itself, it's graphics aren't good? There is a story behind where they're fighting, but it doesn't matter.

I'm looking at the actual... graphics? I don't mean that as snark, truly and honestly, I just don't know what word to use. I'm looking at the way the clouds move, the colors weaving through them, the crystal mountains, the dragon and it's animations, the characters and the class animations(did you see the ninja's jump animation?), etc. They're smoother and vastly more detailed than SWTOR. To me they're far from "clunky" but I guess we are two different people.

Another thing relating to this subject, FFXIV's open world has dynamic weather. Night and day. It can be sunny, raining, cloudy, etc. Rainbows can form. The rain falls different ways depending on the wind. It can be heavy or light rain. The grass and trees move in the wind. The ground gets wet and dries. Characters get wet(and can seek shelter under items/in caves etc). Puddles move when you walk through them and so on. Get bored? Take some time to watch the moving starry sky on a cloud free night... As a side note: there are even monsters and gathering items that need certain weathers to appear.

To me, it just seems like the white knights want to diss FFXIV because they need to protect SWTOR at all cost in their mind. It makes them feel good, I guess? In reality, I like SWTOR, but I'm not blind to the fact it's graphics/world isn't on par with FFXIV's.

Edited by Radzkie

If they can do this but allow me to:

Keep all collections I've gotten and unlocked

All achievements

Strongholds and decorations

Work on story and characters I've created

Credits, items in storage, mats

The sure I'd welcome a new engine and servers if the game will play better sure.

But if we are talking.about wiping out 5 plus years of work and dedication and wiping the slate clean, then no I'm against following their example.

The original FFIV was open for only two years and was a major issue from day one. This game has been out 5 years and I feel it's beyond the time to wipe the slate clean.

Build a new game engine, let me keep all work I've out into the game over the last five years just fix all the back end stuff and out more resources such as money and people then I'm all for it. Otherwise no.

They should be able to move all those things as they are database items... the things that may not work would be outfits and strongholds because they'd probably need to reskin them all.. also you may need to recreate your characters appearance for the same reason as reskinning the outfits.

Edited by Icykill_

Well I can't agree more with you. A new Engine and a fresh start for Star Wars is what this MMO needs. Relaunch otherwise said, with better engine and better capabilities. I would suggest for the studio, if they don't have the resources to relaunch the game, to simply make a crowfunding. A lot of games made their appearance thanks exactly to those websites like kickstarter... so perhaps they should look for such alternative. I want a new version of the game, with better engine, and I hope they will start working on it, as soon as they complete their current projects.

YES and YES to crowd funding, but only to supplement it... if they relied solely on crowd funding, most of it would get funnelled into EA execs bonuses and it would never launch... like what's happening with Star Citzen

Edited by Icykill_

While crowd funding isn't necessarily a bad idea, for a company like EA it's pretty embarrassing as they actually have enough money. It's like a rich person asking for donations so he can get his surgery for his life threatening disease.

It's laughable.

Edited by Eshvara

lol

Clearly our opinions on graphics differ. Because there's not a bunch of random stuff on the crumbling arena itself, it's graphics aren't good? There is a story behind where they're fighting, but it doesn't matter.

I'm looking at the actual... graphics? I don't mean that as snark, truly and honestly, I just don't know what word to use. I'm looking at the way the clouds move, the colors weaving through them, the crystal mountains, the dragon and it's animations, the characters and the class animations(did you see the ninja's jump animation?), etc. They're smoother and vastly more detailed than SWTOR. To me they're far from "clunky" but I guess we are two different people.

Another thing relating to this subject, FFXIV's open world has dynamic weather. Night and day. It can be sunny, raining, cloudy, etc. Rainbows can form. The rain falls different ways depending on the wind. It can be heavy or light rain. The grass and trees move in the wind. The ground gets wet and dries. Characters get wet(and can seek shelter under items/in caves etc). Puddles move when you walk through them and so on. Get bored? Take some time to watch the moving starry sky on a cloud free night... As a side note: there are even monsters and gathering items that need certain weathers to appear.

To me, it just seems like the white knights want to diss FFXIV because they need to protect SWTOR at all cost in their mind. It makes them feel good, I guess? In reality, I like SWTOR, but I'm not blind to the fact it's graphics/world isn't on par with FFXIV's.

I have no issues with FFXIV as such. I'm not a big fan of the Asian style graphics but that's a matter of taste.

But graphics in my view is much more than just technical quality. Take Guild Wars 2 for example. Graphically it's very high technical quality...but it has no atmosphere. It feels uninspiring. Also what you do in your environment matters. It's not just character and monster models.

FFXIV in your clip to me is uninspiring and they chose scenery that is extremely basic and very much been-there-done-that. It's very typical. So perhaps when you talk about the technical quality of the game it may be good quality but to me that is overshadowed by the simply point that I find it uninspiring.

As I said, the location where the raid group is, is just a big square made up of 9 smaller squares. It's 3x3. There is nothing on those squares. And the surroundings aren't much more. So for me graphics is not just about the technical quality but also what you do with it. In this clip what stands out the must is how much they didn't do with it. It's a sober barren surrounding. And it's asian fantasy so of course there has to be another dragon. It's just boring and uninspiring to me.

So tell me, what's the graphical quality you speak of when you look at the location of the boss fight. As I said the dragon looks technically well done, but the location is simplistic. There is no quality to see there because they did nothing with it really.

SWTOR is 6 years old and they chose what they did. Technically the graphics would be inferior but they actually created much more atmosphere. That to me is a better quality because they use what they have more effectively to create an atmosphere that makes me want to be there.

The clip of FFXIV just looks generic to me and very basic, except the dragon of course but there's a lot more on the screen than the dragon and yes, it's all very basic. There is no quality of graphics to read from a bunch of simple squares.

Edited by Tsillah

Well, I'm going to white knight SWTOR by saying I have never liked the FF style which is a major reason I've never played one of the games. I thought about it but I just find it off putting. I think ESO does beautiful environments however you will never see a characters face with a furrowed brow or wrinkled eyebrow as they talk. And if you see one smile it is absolutely freaky at times. Vampires are particularly hilarious. Better graphics takes so much more in that just one image.

At first, I was put off by SWTORs graphics. The colors too vibrant and everything looked slightly cartoony. Having just come from games like ESO, I was used to subdued colors and realistic looking landscapes. But taken as a whole, I find I do like SWTOR graphics a great deal. It matches with the story which has realism and fantastic elements all at once. Of course the whole look should be somewhere between real and animated. I do appreciate dynamic weather except when I'm doing something where its getting in my way. If I'm looking for a certain plant, I'm annoyed with it being dark for example.

While at first I thought, there's something wrong here, I know see how much is right. That doesn't change what others may find appealing but I'm happy with its graphics. Well, except for clipping. I'm happy except for that. Plus I think Sith lords look like Buffy the Vampire Slayer extras. Pretty landscapes are nice but I'm really happy with character models. Even when my character frowns so hard I think he may break his jaw at any moment.

To me, it just seems like some FFXIV Banboi's are trying very hard to recruit players from one MMO to come join them in FFXIV. Real weak sauce move too in my view. You do not need others to join you to validate your personal choices or preferences.

It's simple.. if you like FFXIV better.. then by all means play what you like. But YOU are still here subscribing to SWTOR... so clearly FFXIV isn't the magic fix for all your MMO needs. The same goes for all MMOs to be honest... play what is fun and move on when it's not fun anymore.

I've played FFXIV.. gave it a good 3-4 months play to fully explore and give it a reasonable evaluation. In the end.. I found it less appealing then SWTOR. I did not like the lore (it's completely meaningless), nor their approach to questing, nor the forced grouping for some content required to progress your character in leveling, nor the approach to graphics and character animations, and how they layed out their zones, hubs, and transportation. It's definitely a very Asian style approach to MMO design, which is fine if that's what you like. Personally, I do not.

Edited by Andryah

To me, it just seems like some FFXIV Banboi's are trying very hard to recruit players from one MMO to come join them in FFXIV. Real weak sauce move too in my view. You do not need others to join you to validate your personal choices or preferences.

I'm not trying to recruit anyone. I was addressing posts in this thread about graphics and that is all.

I always have a main MMO and then side MMOs.