Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Make level 300 command crates worthwhile

Lundorff

I am not asking to up the drop rate of level 248 gear, but could we please include and retrain the drop rate of level 242 gear after level 300? I am talking about the drop rate from level about level 280 - 299. It would make it easier to gear up and it would provide an incentive to do other types of PVE besides operations. Possible also include UCs when doing stuff like flashpoints, operations and possible even heroics. Edited by Lundorff

It'd be nice if any of the command crates levels were actually worthwhile.

So far all they are is an illusory payoff (that drops crap we disintegrate) for a wholly unnecessary Korean-esque grindathon.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

I would like higher Tier crates feature lower Tier crate gold, legendary gear as filler. For example, Tier IV crates would contain Tier II gold 236 and Tier III gold 242 gear instead of greens or blues. Also feature other class gear for alts or those who like to collect gear.

Cartel Crate certificates and reputation would be nice command crate filler gear as well.

BW should CANCEL that crap system for good.

Lottery for what i want to wear?

So far i could have full dps and tank set, thankfully to that **** system, im half on each forcing me to change to tank or dps spec for the specific set drops.

DISGUSTING:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It'd be nice if any of the command crates levels were actually worthwhile.

Sums it up nicely.

Too many Blues / Greens, and for someone at pretty much max reputation (except Iokath) for everything, those reputation tokens are pointless. Would be nice to have UC drop in the crates, not 5 though, more.

Honestly, I get more excited about opening a crate in Heroes of the Storm or Overwatch than I do about opening GC crates. :p

But getting blue relics and implants is FUN guys,even after you get them in 9 out of 10 crates.

Blue relics and implants are the meta now.Bow to your new master.

In an of itself, low drop rates aren't too bad, but when you compound it with duplicates that you cant use (your alts already have it for example) then this makes the problem far worse.

So yeah, cool, 100 crates later I *finally* get another 248 legendary piece... oh Derp... its yet *another* bracer, and the only 248 piece you have. THAT is what is so frustrating!!

Obviously he doesn't PvP.

And nor should BioWare effectively force someone to PVP to have reasonable progression towards advancing their gear quality. They need to make unassembled components available from end game, group oriented, PVE content. It is very imbalanced, when it comes to obtaining the best gear, when even the worst PVP scrub can get that gear far faster than anyone but the NiM elite raiders.

I am not asking to up the drop rate of level 248 gear, but could we please include and retrain the drop rate of level 242 gear after level 300? I am talking about the drop rate from level about level 280 - 299. It would make it easier to gear up and it would provide an incentive to do other types of PVE besides operations. Possible also include UCs when doing stuff like flashpoints, operations and possible even heroics.

That's a great suggestion, for no reason other than the fact you are reduced to buying 236s and upgrading through Tiers 3 and 4 if you didn't get lucky on the way up.

And nor should BioWare effectively force someone to PVP to have reasonable progression towards advancing their gear quality. They need to make unassembled components available from end game, group oriented, PVE content. It is very imbalanced, when it comes to obtaining the best gear, when even the worst PVP scrub can get that gear far faster than anyone but the NiM elite raiders.

This isn't true. PvP is the only way to get a specific gear piece, but it's far from the fastest way. I get way more crates, gear and CXP packs from Ops than I do from PvP.

The BEST way is to simply get lucky...short of that, there's no good way to gear up in 248s.

This isn't true. PvP is the only way to get a specific gear piece, but it's far from the fastest way. I get way more crates, gear and CXP packs from Ops than I do from PvP.

The BEST way is to simply get lucky...short of that, there's no good way to gear up in 248s.

Getting crates does not mean getting gear that you can use. In fact, for the most part, Tier 4 crates are a big disappointment, as evidenced from personal experience and all the threads here on the forums.

THE fastest, most reliable way to a full set of BiS gear is through PVP, this is unquestionable. Sure, some get lucky, but the vast majority do not.

Getting crates does not mean getting gear that you can use. In fact, for the most part, Tier 4 crates are a big disappointment, as evidenced from personal experience and all the threads here on the forums.

THE fastest, most reliable way to a full set of BiS gear is through PVP, this is unquestionable. Sure, some get lucky, but the vast majority do not.

I just don't agree. The amount of PvP you would need to do is immeasurable. By default, from doing that many WZ's, you would get more crates and more gear from RNG.

Go and play NiM OPs or PvP, get your gear, forget about crates. It's that easy and it's the way it used to be. Or maybe it's not that easy and you all want full 248 set in 20 crates...

So which NiM and the new Ops bosses drop Head, Belt, Bracers, MH and OH? Oh and the rest are off final bosses or the new Op rest is trash in MM Ops lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Folks,

Hope its not too much of a necro post. I was going to try to save up 100 t4 crates and video the opening just for a laugh. My character is well geared and has opened a ton of t4 crates prior to this. However, Im going to post this video as it sorta paints the picture many are unhappy about. I *do* criticize Bioware in this video and there is some profanity. Hope not to offend too bad. I did not start the video until half way through; I left the contents of concern in the command stash. I will make another video in the future after grinding out 30-50 more crates.

TLDR:

33 t4 crates yielded: 20/33 (60.606060 %) Blue (244)/ Purple (246) Implants, Relics, Earpieces.

I got one gold (248) belt which was an upgrade and one purple (246) gloves which I will pass to other toons.

Enjoy

Ashur

Hey Folks,

Hope its not too much of a necro post. I was going to try to save up 100 t4 crates and video the opening just for a laugh. My character is well geared and has opened a ton of t4 crates prior to this. However, Im going to post this video as it sorta paints the picture many are unhappy about. I *do* criticize Bioware in this video and there is some profanity. Hope not to offend too bad. I did not start the video until half way through; I left the contents of concern in the command stash. I will make another video in the future after grinding out 30-50 more crates.

TLDR:

33 t4 crates yielded: 20/33 (60.606060 %) Blue (244)/ Purple (246) Implants, Relics, Earpieces.

I got one gold (248) belt which was an upgrade and one purple (246) gloves which I will pass to other toons.

Enjoy

Ashur

Pretty damn good collection of gear, I'd say. 20 pieces of t4 gear can be distributed many different ways, either as a secondary set of gear for PvP, or an alternate spec, or trade pieces via legacy gear to gear up alts quicker.

Kudos cxp/gc/bioware, in my opinion.

Pretty damn good collection of gear, I'd say. 20 pieces of t4 gear can be distributed many different ways, either as a secondary set of gear for PvP, or an alternate spec, or trade pieces via legacy gear to gear up alts quicker.

Kudos cxp/gc/bioware, in my opinion.

You seem to have gotten an additional zero from somewhere. The video had 2 peces of gear usable for the purposes you mention. Anything that is not equal with or an improvement on crafted 246s is trash.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.