Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Galactic Command Daily Bonus Not Changing

Hammaclar

Oh good, I was afraid it was just me. I haven't bothered to sub since January and had been giving the game another chance this month (though regretting it a little bit after nerfs and still poor communication, even if it is a big improvement from before) and thought I had misunderstood something or missed some announcement. Having it stuck on ops for this week is really annoying. I'd been holding off on heroics hoping it would come up.

I wonder if is it bugged or if they did it intentionally to slow our CXP.

I wonder if is it bugged or if they did it intentionally to slow our CXP.

Slow? Giving it to anything other than Operations/Flashpoints/Uprisings during the event would be a waste, seeing as those are the only activities that actually give a multiplier rather than an increase to CXP gain (with bonused CXP packs).

While I am not complaining, I got a ton of levels the last 2 days.

It would be nice to get an official announcement on wether or not this is intended.

According to a Twitter post that no longer points towards the thing it used to, bonus CXP for ops was supposed to be on on 18th, 20th and 22nd. No idea if they changed their mind.

According to a Twitter post that no longer points towards the thing it used to, bonus CXP for ops was supposed to be on on 18th, 20th and 22nd. No idea if they changed their mind.

Found the article here mentioning that http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170718

This week, you can earn bonus Command XP in Operations on Tuesday, July 18th, Thursday, July 20th, and Saturday, July 22nd. Earn more Command XP to get Command Crates that contain all kinds of rewards for your character!

So some sort of comment would still be nice :jawa_tongue:

they probably just locked ops for 18, 20, and 22 and did the normal 1/7 highlight activity on the other day,it just happend to be ops on the 19th.

They want to give ops player who came back a chance to gear up, with is great, but by doing it this way the are scewing over the cassuals you got a 50% chance of getting your favorite discipline bonus if you are not in to ops,

a better solution would be ops highlighted all week with another discipline like

tuesday ops and fp

wednessday: ops and wz

or a 2 week double gc event so that everyone would have the chance to get their favorite discipline highlighted

I have wasted 6 hours so far this week waiting in OPS queue during peak server times. Not one OPS completed. Only once did I get a pop and we killed a few junk mobs then the group dissolved before even trying the first boss. Maybe they have to do something drastic to improve the random queue times on the busiest server.

Seems pretty self explanatory but I guess Keith or Eric repeating what the page says but in different words is needed I guess.

No the article said that ops would be on the 18 th and the 20 th but not on the 19th, ops was highlighted on all 3 days screwing over non ops players the large but silent mayority over a very vocal minority

Only issue I see is that it should have been all week :p hehee. Thanks for the extra day Keith, Eric and Co. :rak_03:

No the article said that ops would be on the 18 th and the 20 th but not on the 19th, ops was highlighted on all 3 days screwing over non ops players the large but silent mayority over a very vocal minority

Here's some Fries with that

Edited by FerkWork

Only issue I see is that it should have been all week :p hehee. Thanks for the extra day Keith, Eric and Co. :rak_03:

Here's some Fries with that

Im fine with a all week ops if it is followed by an all week fp, and then followed by a all week wz, all week galactic starfighter and then all week heroics, all week uprisings, all week chapters

Edited by amona

Im fine with a all week ops if it is followed by an all week fp, and then followed by a all week wz, all week galactic starfighter and then all week heroics, all week uprisings, all week chapters

I like it Permanent :)

Or just add back all 248 gear pieces to NiM and stop dragging it out lol.

Edited by FerkWork

If there was going to be some extra benefit for operations on specific days it should not have involved the weekly rotation of daily bonuses for galactic command. Daily rotation of bonus for command xp on each of the 7 play styles randomized each week is fair to all. Not having a week where all 7 play styles can earn bonus command xp is not fair. The rotation of command bonus xp should never be used to preference a play style. Pretty short sided decision by the powers that be on customer satisfaction and perception.:mad:

I have wondered myself why it has not changed in what three days? It used to be random now its stagnant.

Again, not bugged.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170718

Supposed to be the bonus on the 18th, the 20th, and the 22nd, which means it was just the 19th that was random, and that has a 1/7 chance of it being operations anyway.

If tomorrow again is the bonus, there is a higher chance something is messed up, but still not positive because then it is still only 2 days in a row that it came up (from an rng standpoint, since the other 3 will be pre-chosen).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.