Allow F2P with guild bank access to donate credits

NSaynKnutt

I understand that using guild funds is a subscriber-only privilege, and I have no problem with that. However, for F2P or preferred players who have purchased guild bank access, they cannot even donate credits. I think anyone with access to the guild bank should be able to donate funds. That way, the burden of saving credits for, say, guild ship expansions, isn't left solely to the subs. This allows anyone to contribute to their guild, but it has no risk of trying to get around the credit cap, because players can't withdraw funds without a subscription.

I understand that using guild funds is a subscriber-only privilege, and I have no problem with that. However, for F2P or preferred players who have purchased guild bank access, they cannot even donate credits. I think anyone with access to the guild bank should be able to donate funds. That way, the burden of saving credits for, say, guild ship expansions, isn't left solely to the subs. This allows anyone to contribute to their guild, but it has no risk of trying to get around the credit cap, because players can't withdraw funds without a subscription.

Aside from the potential for abuse by gold farmers, that would still leave the opportunity to "get around" the credit cap.

Example:

Johnny drops to preferred and a 350K credit cap. Anything Johnny earns over that 350K goes into escrow and he cannot access those credits without a one time escrow or a subscription.

Johnny knows he is approaching that 350K cap. There is nothing that Johnny wants or needs to buy, but he also wants to maintain access to any credits that would normally go into escrow, without having to worry about pesky little things like subscribing or escrows.

He "donates" 300K to the guild bank, leaving himself with 20K. He does this repeatedly whenever he gets above 300K credits. Eventually Johnny has millions in the guild bank, which would normally be in escrow. Johnny then has guild mate Billy withdraw from "his" millions of credits in the guild bank whenever he needs them.

Note, I am not arguing for or against allowing F2P or preferred to donate credits to a guild bank. I'm just offering a possible reason why BW elected to restrict F2P from donating credits to a guild bank.

Edited by Ratajack

• 1 month later...

Necro'ing this thread. No apologies.

The entire concept of using the guild bank to get around the escrow is complete idiocy. A preferred account can ALREADY DO THIS simply by giving their credits to a subscriber.

It makes no sense to disallow f2p players the ability to donate credits to their guild bank, especially considering the fact they must pay roughly 10 dollars to access the bank in the first place.

Remove this pointless restriction, at least for people who PAYED REAL MONEY FOR GUILD ACCESS.

/rant

• 2 years later...

Unearthing this thread.

Unlocking the guild bank for deposit only, especialy for the Encryptions following weekly conquests. There is little motivation for the f2p to contribute in the conquest as they can't turn in the encrypts to the guild, in any way (no mail to guild master/officers, no guild bank access, no trading with guild master/officers).

Perhaps, they can scheme something through the GTN, but still, it doesn't make life easy for guilds.

Unearthing this thread.

Unlocking the guild bank for deposit only, especialy for the Encryptions following weekly conquests. There is little motivation for the f2p to contribute in the conquest as they can't turn in the encrypts to the guild, in any way (no mail to guild master/officers, no guild bank access, no trading with guild master/officers).

Perhaps, they can scheme something through the GTN, but still, it doesn't make life easy for guilds.

There's already a Cartel Market token to unlock *item* access (withdraw and deposit) to the guild bank. The above posts are about allowing non-subscribers to deposti *credits*, and it was rightly pointed out that this would make life easier for gold farmers:

* Open a guild with one subscriber in the lead.

* Recruit the gold-farmer drones into the guild.

* The drones deposit their farmed credits (not currently possible) into the guild bank.

* The subscriber removes the credits.

Unearthing this thread.

not to mention, a free player or preffered can send items in the mail, it's credits they can't send.

A Preferred player can send one item per mail and no credits.

At least they should give F2P and PREF players the same amount of item slots in the mail as a SUB does, so they don't have to send a million note to another alt of theirs when they want to give an armor set etc... to him / her.

At least they should give F2P and PREF players the same amount of item slots in the mail as a SUB does, so they don't have to send a million note to another alt of theirs when they want to give an armor set etc... to him / her.

-1 not supported. That's what legacy storage is for.

Disclaimer: if you had said that the 8-items thing applies only to mails to other characters on the same legacy, I'd have raised the point about legacy storage, but been otherwise a bit "meh" about the idea.

One of the funny things about this forum from my point of view is seeing posts from subscribers who obviously have never been pref trying to think of things that would be beneficial to prefs or F2P., and failing miserably. Before legacy storage came along, being able to send mail with eight slots instead of one [and credits!] would be a godsend. Now it's almost entirely irrelevant fluff that is eminently suitable for subs to have and be denied to the rest.

The OP is another one. What percentage of pref or f2p have guild bank access? I played for five years as a $5 - preferred before subbing, and despite buying literally every other unlock available, I never bought guild bank access, despite it being available on the GTN, because I saw little point. I only bought it six months ago shortly before dropping sub, and only because I was starting my own solo guild and needed it. It now sells for tens of millions of credits btw, so I'm pretty sure prefs and f2P have other priorities to spend that kind of cash. Even the OP talks about it like it's not actually an advantage for them, it's an advantage for sub GMs to get conquest stuff. Thanks bruh, I'm good. Raise the credit cap instead.

tl;dr: learn how to use legacy storage, and don't virtue signal on behalf of F2P who wouldn't want what you're demanding.

Edited by Ardrossan

There's already a Cartel Market token to unlock *item* access (withdraw and deposit) to the guild bank.

Lol, that thing cost 1080 CC (legacy). To get that amount, a pure f2p needs to buy CCs... and thus become Preferred automatically.

The above posts are about allowing non-subscribers to deposti *credits*, and it was rightly pointed out that this would make life easier for gold farmers

I understand, and I'm not asking for deposit of credits.

My point is for the deposit of conquest's encrypts, which can only be usefull to guilds. So it would make sense to allow that object to be handed over to the guild by some means. Guild bank would be one.