omaan

With new patch which increases difficulty by which players receive medals on warzones but also increases the quantity of unessembled components which is gained for it i thought that it is a good change,since iam pretty good in pvp and always get many medals. However, it seems that it was a nerf actually due to much lower amount of unessembled components i started to receive for the fights, even though i iam still receiving the same number of medals i received before. Currently gearing up through pve is MUCH faster compared to pvp because all bosses have guaranteed drops, and devs also planning to make bosses to drop unessembled components... Iam sorry Keith but this is a negative issue i see in your work. People have told you that remooving pvp gear will cause new problems, and one of these problems is balancing both pvp and pve gearing progressions. It is bioware who created this problem - so it is for you to solve it. At the moment pvp requires MUCH buff so that people could gear up through it, you cant FORCE us to run pve the same as you can't force pve players to play pvp. gearing with only pvp takes months and even more, whereas pve is provides much faster opportunity. Pls,fix it, dont force me to run pve. Especially considering that world pvp is dead in this game...

I totally agree OP. I could care less for OPs and avoid them like the plague. This has created a GREAT unbalanced in the force and needs to be addressed.

I hope they do take into consideration those who might be in the minority as much as those who do OPs/PvEs.

Bwahahahaahhaah *gasp* (cant breathe) ahem* no

your theory that "being good" is not based on gear is 100% not MMO based. MMO is designed around gear prgression so you can do things that are to hrdr to good at. so how about you go into a NiM ToS in 230s an come an say "see, gear is a L2P issue" or do ranked in 230s an eat a 45k heatseeker missile through your dcd. lulz, this was literally the most hilarious thing Ive seen in awhile on the forums.

as for class balance? lol, if you honestly believe if theres one class with 2 more hp bars than anyone else, and everyone who cant win is a L2P issue, you need to L2P

It's not a theory it's fact. Science my friend. You have never been killed in a pvp match by a lessor class or someone that has worse gear then you do on? Let me guess not you right, you are to leet.

But I have an idea that may help you. if gear is the issue, why don't you guys just take the gear out of the equation? Go in with nothing on but a MH. However if that is not your cup of tea you can always keep making excuses on why you can't do something. That way, you can always blame someone else. Nice philosophy.

bad example also, I would go in to NIM ToS with 230's on. There is not that big a difference between 230's and 248's, at least not the difference that you are painting it out to be. Now if you said 192's then you may have had something.

Edited by Chelz

Sorry... we do have multiple bosses - but you can only kill them each ONCE a week. You can PVP non-stop for days and buy tokens and upgrades non-stop

Sorry... we do have multiple toons - you can do the content on them, this allows you to kill each individual boss multiple times per week. With Legacy gear, you can be in a full set of 236/242 set of gear in 2-3 hours.

FIVE Bosses drop usually 5 Tokens plus a 2nd Token on last boss. So eight people and each person gets an item how? Simple math is 8 people - 6 tokens means 2 people get nothing. Except S&V this is pretty simple. :)

Sorry... we do have multiple bosses - but you can only kill them each ONCE a week. You can PVP non-stop for days and buy tokens and upgrades non-stop. Yea.. typical PVP vs PVE issue and not going to be solved here. Don't tell me PVP players don't jump into PVE for "EASY" gear like EV/KP that is no brain cells required to get tokens from. PVE players have to PVP/GSF to get UC's to upgrade gear so I don't see the issue.

I'm still think that CXP should be LEGACY WIDE like reputation. This entire 300 on each character is moronic and makes having ALTS a complete headache. They should RAISE the bar to 400, remove the 250% CXP Buff and make account wide at the same time. So if you get CXP on one character you get it on another.

Seriously - You first need to get 8 people (PVP/GSF) you can solo que. Then you need to actually CLEAR the content. (Some of the SM's I've seen lately are a complete Cluster of useless can't listen individuals). Then you are locked out for a week. Same conversation I mention above - You can sit in a corner in PVP/GSF and cry and still get UC's to purchase gear. You can't do that in PVE - sorry, but PVP vs. PVE grind is never going to see eye to eye. I hate PVP and could care less about PVP. I hate I have to go into PVP/GSF just to get some stupid UC's to BIS my own gear. Sounds familiar? I DO agree with you that PVP and PVE people should be able to gear up in the same amount of time, but that's just not possible. Some of the best pieces in both realms are a PAIN to get and when you get players from OTHER side that don't do that it's a complete MESS. AFK PVPer at node, AFK Scout in GSF, PVP player in PVE that doesn't understand "STAND on this giant hologram that is your color... don't move... (Moves every time).

I already told you that u should not wait a week after u used que group finder. You can invite 8 guys for example from the guild and go do for example dread palace lol. There are operations which could be completed WITHOUT group finder. And those problems about which you wrote are also inherent to pvp. With new patch when the quantity of unessembled components depends on your pvp activites/medals are not allowing you to get much unessembled components. Even those who works MUCH are not getting enough. If you just stay in the corner all u get is 7-8 components lol. In addition, warzones are also facing incompetent players lol, it's not only pvp. And Musco said that operations will also drop components! Which now makes pve twice as better way of gearing up compared to pvp. Pvp gearing up needs a buff, or just returning back to pvp gear and pve gear being separate.

Sorry... we do have multiple toons - you can do the content on them, this allows you to kill each individual boss multiple times per week. With Legacy gear, you can be in a full set of 236/242 set of gear in 2-3 hours.

Yeah true, kill bosses one one char - rip off armorings,mods, enhancements - send them via legacy gear to other toon = profit. Besides, as i said group finder is not the only way to complete operation, queue group finder - complete its operation, form a group, and fly to oricon to complete dread palace lol. Or other operation where it is located

CXP Code:

Gear is a lie, there is only CXP.

Through CXP, I gain Crates.

Through Crates, I gain Trash.

Through Trash, I gain Disintegration.

Through Disintegration, I gain More Crates.

Through More Crates, I gain Frustration.

Through Frustration, my Will is Broken,

and the Firey Grophets shall set me free

CXP Code:

Gear is a lie, there is only CXP.

Through CXP, I gain Crates.

Through Crates, I gain Trash.

Through Trash, I gain Disintegration.

Through Disintegration, I gain More Crates.

Through More Crates, I gain Frustration.

Through Frustration, my Will is Broken,

and the Firey Grophets shall set me free

Especially relevant for pvp players :/ trash is all we seeч, whilst buying one piece through another requires thousands of UC... This is madness

It's not a theory it's fact. Science my friend. You have never been killed in a pvp match by a lessor class or someone that has worse gear then you do on? Let me guess not you right, you are to leet.

But I have an idea that may help you. if gear is the issue, why don't you guys just take the gear out of the equation? Go in with nothing on but a MH. However if that is not your cup of tea you can always keep making excuses on why you can't do something. That way, you can always blame someone else. Nice philosophy.

bad example also, I would go in to NIM ToS with 230's on. There is not that big a difference between 230's and 248's, at least not the difference that you are painting it out to be. Now if you said 192's then you may have had something.

Agreed. All my mmo are actually build around gearing which makes you competetive in pvp and able to fun harder contents in pve. Devs could solve problem with pvp gearing up very easy - buffing bolster to nim gear. In this case pvp players wont complain that much ye they not only refuse to buff bolster as it wad before they also making pve much brighter and faster way of gearing up, whereas collecting unessembled components to buy 230-248 gear takes half of the year :/ so devs both not buffing bolster and not giving us (pvp players) to gear fast. One word for this - RIDICULOUS. Continue Treating pvp players with such ignorance, and even Keith wont save this game from loosing subscribers

I have to disagree. With PVE you only get to fight a boss ONCE a week for that gear and you roll against 7 other people. So chances are 5-6 of the 8 will get something and 2-3 will get nothing. If you play PVP/GSF only you get UC's towards gear every time you QUE. If you play well you get more - if you play less and sit in the corner crying you still get something. PVE isn't like that so it's a hard comparison to make.

Me - I hate PVP, but I do love GSF. So I've found a balance to fly GSF for UC's to upgrade my PVE gear.

Exactly, I can 't understand why PVPers think we're getting all of this gear in Ops when we're literally rolling RNG to get an unassembled token to redeem against 7-15 other players in the same raid. The irony is that my Raiding guildies were and are running PVP to gear up faster since 5.0.

Exactly, I can 't understand why PVPers think we're getting all of this gear in Ops when we're literally rolling RNG to get an unassembled token to redeem against 7-15 other players in the same raid. The irony is that my Raiding guildies were and are running PVP to gear up faster since 5.0.

Everyone is using "one component per person" which means almost everyone gets a gear part. You can run operations with different toons, extract the pieces from received gear and send it via legacy gear to your main toon. Besides, there are many pve guilds which already have fully geared players so they just inv new players, carrie them through operations with giving a new player all gear components lol. By this point these guys gear fully gear up in a week. And Musco told that he is also planning to make pve to drop UC. Now you understand our concerns? To gear up through buying 236-248 gear parts one by one takes very long time. I dont like that devs created such situation when pve players are arguing with pvp players about which way of gear progression must be faster but that what they did lol, this whole idea with remooving pvp gear was and currently is at the moment - crab. I think those players who will feel that their favorite activities are not rewarding enough comparing with other activities will just leave the game. So it is bioware who should start balancing things.