Class Changes: Arsenal Merc / Gunnery Commando

EricMusco

Hate it.

And no, I'm not one of those people laughing while gunning down innocent victims in PvP, I'm one of those guys carrying weak PUGs through difficult content. Higher energy costs mean that I have to have more alacrity then previously, bringing down my overall damage even more. If in addition to that you nerf any of my survival tools, you can be sure I will be pissed off to no end. And all of that just for PvP, which I never play.

Besides, wouldn't it be a way better idea to BUFF other classes instead of nerfing? At least us mercs and commandos wouldn't be so pissed off ... :mad:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both my raid groups run double sorc heals, including one that is doing MM content (23/26 right now) and we've never had a heal problem. Sorc heals put up plenty good numbers (in fact, according to ixparse, they put out more heals on average than either of the other 2 by a substantial margin).

http://ixparse.com/rating/

I don't think even with the nerfs to Sorc heals they will become subpar healers by any stretch of the imagination. I think they may very likely still be the best healer pound for pound, and they should be, they're the only healer that is a force user and it wouldn't make much sense that a force user was outdone by a non-force user healer. The force "binds together all living things", "Well, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together."

Who better to know how the state of life within a injured person is? Sorcs should be top healer, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have to be much better than other healing specs. They could certainly be closer in overall HPS output, making all viable choices, which is how it should be. That's what class balance should be all about.

Disclaimer: I don't play a Sorc, I never have, I never will. You couldn't pay me to play a healer in any game [although I love healers, please keep on healing me =] ].

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Try to survive some of the current boss fights without those defensives if your team doesn't have an Op or Scoundrel healer. After the nerf to Sorc/Sage healing they don't put out the numbers to keep teams up without the defensives.

That's a terrible argument.

You mean like clearing all NiM content when it was relevant when Commandos had only their plain shield, 30-35% adrenaline rush and Decoy @ 1 - 5 charges.

Cos I recall doing that.

What I wouldn't be able to recall is doing it if there wasn't enough output and there were many times where group output really was the issue.

The 5.0 DCD boost was 95% for PVP. Commandos had enough survivability and enough damage to do all PVE content just fine.

Which is why crippling damage output is a significant attack on PVE use at the levels where damage matters.

i wouldnt be so pissed if they didnt make me grind to 300 and another 500-600+ crates to gears my merc...but nerfing my HM ops character after im fully 248 geared is an insult and if the nerf is too harsh on my DPS meter i will just unsub and go play another MMO

I do not think that mercs dps should lower than Sorc DPS. I don't. Clearly sorcs need some love, I think that's something most people agree on. My response to you was based on you stating that it would be "unfair" for mercs to have lower DPS than them, despite the fact that its the same role [rDPS] and neither class is a pure DPS class. One doesn't have a claim over the either. But, I'll be honest with you, by conceptual design, I tend to see mercs as a more combat centric class than Sorc, that's subjective mind you, but, right or wrong I'm more inclined to mercs having a bit more DPS than a Sorc. The margin is simply to wide, and at this point, Sorcs are underpowered pretty much across the board.

Someone has to be at the bottom and that absolutely sucks when the class you love has that dubious 'honor'.

They're hitting merc DPS too hard. No one saw this coming. I think everyone pretty much assumed they'd be nerfed in the survivability area because that's the part of them that is so egregiously OP. But, if mercs are too keep their insane survival, than maybe this is a good time to let Sorcs have a bit of a DPS edge on mercs.

I don't think mercs deserve this severe of a DPS nerf, the only part i see justifed is the the critical damage bonus provided by Target Tracking is now 15% (down from 30%) . That's it. They shouldn't touch the damage otherwise [speaking only for PVP], the energy costs should be left alone. They should have just nerfed the survivability some. I'm not even saying they should be put back to 4.0 DCD era. If that wasn't enough, than they should not be put back that far.

I get the concerns of mercs, as much as I hate them in their current state, I don't blame merc players for being disappointed because you know those survival nerfs are still going to take place just at a later time, and you are right, if they do all of these things, mercs will likely be underperforming and find themselves in the same position DPS sorcs are in now.

But mercs are OP as hell now. And I get that it's not as big of an issue in PVE. Many people tend not to care about overperformance as much when no one is losing face over it. PVP its a personal thing, another player is kicking your ***, and that effects the ego differently than PVE does. In PVE overperformance right or wrong still helps everyone else in the group because everyone wants to clear as fast as possible with as little difficulty as they can.

Even in PVE merc DCDs are stupid OP. But they're not getting nerfed because of PVE as much as they are over PVP, you're right about that as well. The DCD nerf is appropriate and the critical damage bonus provided by Target Tracking is now 15% (down from 30%) is appropriate, this other crap is not.

You might not care about PVP, I get that, I didn't use to care about that either when all I did was progression raiding, but there are many people who do care about PVP and Mercs and Snipers are utterly rediculous in PVP. [i could care less about Corruption Sorcs, they can leave them as is as far as I'm concerned.]. You shouldn't have to suffer for PVE. But PVP shouldn't have to suffer for PVE either. It's a no win situation.

If later on they nerf the survivability, and if the DPS nerf is as bad as it seems it may be, than if Sorcs are outclassing Mercs, you may find yourself in the same situation as DPS sorcs find themselves in now. Is that fair? I don't know how to answer that question. Is it fair for Sorcs right now?

We need a seperation of PVE and PVP builds and utilities. Right now Mercs the only thing they are not GREAT at is stealth. They have way too much going for them, just like Snipers. No class should be the great at everything.

Even if Sorcs pull ahead of Mercs DPS wise, they still wont have everything on Mercs like mercs have on them currently. Mercs will still be indestructible 3 life DPSers. You can't have everything.

I play a carnage marauder, and they don't have any self heals at all, they kick some nice *** though. Even thought not having any self heals is a big liability, I still don't think they should have them. If my DPS is higher than many of the other classes who have self heals, I'm fine with it, because that's how balance should work. Strengths and weaknesses. I don't mind being a glass cannon, well, at least when I'm not fighting Mercs or Snipers at any rate.

Again, I don't think they are handling the OP Merc situation properly and in that regard you have plenty of support, in fact, it may be enough to cause the Devs to rethink the changes as they are purporting now. I really think this may get changed. But if it doesn't, mercs still won't be as bad as DPS sorcs or Pyro PTs right now.

Great post. IMO, BW does not play enough to have the first clue as to what they are doing. They are also not listening to the underlying issue/complaint about the class - which is survivability. I play Arsenal and even I agree it is crazy what damage I can sustain, but the nerf they are planning to burst damage just shows how clueless they are (that said, I do agree a small nerf is in order, just not to the degree planned). The plan will completely screw up PVE raid groups - I mean how many bosses can you name that have adds that require high levels of burst damage to deal with? I would be fine with a 5% nerf, but that is not what is planned. I would also be fine with a CD nerf, but, again, that is not what is planned (or at least described here). The plan appears to be, ruin the class for PVE'ers and not address the main complaint of PVP'ers - brilliant!

Great post. IMO, BW does not play enough to have the first clue as to what they are doing. They are also not listening to the underlying issue/complaint about the class - which is survivability. I play Arsenal and even I agree it is crazy what damage I can sustain, but the nerf they are planning to burst damage just shows how clueless they are (that said, I do agree a small nerf is in order, just not to the degree planned). The plan will completely screw up PVE raid groups - I mean how many bosses can you name that have adds that require high levels of burst damage to deal with? I would be fine with a 5% nerf, but that is not what is planned. I would also be fine with a CD nerf, but, again, that is not what is planned (or at least described here). The plan appears to be, ruin the class for PVE'ers and not address the main complaint of PVP'ers - brilliant!

It is surprising that in other cases they listen to the community pretty well and fast. I can recall the rather recent nerfs to Operative and Assin openers and to PT skank tank.

And five months now of qq and they do those incomprehensible changes.

I don't think even with the nerfs to Sorc heals they will become subpar healers by any stretch of the imagination. I think they may very likely still be the best healer pound for pound, and they should be, they're the only healer that is a force user and it wouldn't make much sense that a force user was outdone by a non-force user healer. The force "binds together all living things", "Well, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together."

Who better to know how the state of life within a injured person is? Sorcs should be top healer, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have to be much better than other healing specs. They could certainly be closer in overall HPS output, making all viable choices, which is how it should be. That's what class balance should be all about.

Disclaimer: I don't play a Sorc, I never have, I never will. You couldn't pay me to play a healer in any game [although I love healers, please keep on healing me =] ].

Play a VG or PT then you might get an INKLING of what mad is. PT got gutted so Merc could he epic.

Play a VG or PT then you might get an INKLING of what mad is. PT got gutted so Merc could he epic.

Yeah, that's pretty clear. Even beyond that, they totally changed the nature and what made PTs so special, unique even. They were the only Mid-Range class in the game and that diversity of attack options. Let's take a class that uses a ranged weapon, and make it a purely melee class! Did we really need another melee class?

PTs were good in many different situations because they had ranged and melee attacks. I don't know they did that to such a interesting class.

Well, for what it's worth, your revenge on your brethren [Mercs] will soon be at hand! I don't expect you'll let bygones be bygones heh

Hey folks,

Let us know what you think of the changes coming to Arsenal and Gunnery in GU 5.3. Thanks!

Mercenary

Arsenal

Blazing Bolts deals 4.89% less damage and costs 20 heat (up from 16)

Barrage no longer increases the damage dealt by Blazing Bolts, but still finishes its active cooldown

Riddle no longer improves Unload

The critical damage bonus provided by Target Tracking is now 15% (down from 30%)

Decoy now has 2 charges (down from 5)

Eric / Keith / Combat team.

Okay, I've subbed purely to give some thoughts on the proposed changes to the damage output for the spec I've played for years. I understand the design goal and the variance between ranged burst dps etc, I take no issue with the damage output being lowered as you've shown it.

However I have a couple of questions for all of you. Considering this doesn't take into account any changes to the class disciplines, if you start adjusting the class survive-ability by altering any of the other DCDs or placement in the disciplines, will that not lower the damage output further than intended with the above changes?

Most Mercs are far happier now in PvP, knowing that we are not the initial sole focus. Essentially because we live longer we gained a boost in our damage output, I'm wondering if that has been factored into these changes? Tinkering with our DCDs after the above changes will leave a lot of unhappy Merc /Mando players.

Most Mercs are far happier now in PvP

Really? That's weird. I wonder why?

I'd just assumed Mercs would be sad that they got the strongest DCDs in the game on the top-parsing RDPS class, which can now out-tank the BH tank class.

Nothing wrong with that at all!

Edited by stoopicus

Well if you quote the rest of the sentence, you'll find your answer. ;)

I know, I just found that snippet very, very funny - I should have made it clear I wasn't disputing your point about the net effect of both the current OP DCDs and what will happen when they are inevitably nerfed after this DPS nerf :)

Here is a comparison of all the classes and gear from 5.0. (So the nu7mbers are lower than the new max at 248, but the relative ranking should be accurate.) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GtgkOZDgcA3dlBjdoLUzg02zNl9_5fvCU48iY-P0vv0/edit#gid=517290764

Please note, Commando DPS falls about right in the middle of the pack and well below The upper end of the ranged DPS. The nerfs will put them right down with Telekinetic Sages and Lightning Sorcs and no one in their right mind would think that would be a good thing for any class.

Yeah, that's pretty clear. Even beyond that, they totally changed the nature and what made PTs so special, unique even. They were the only Mid-Range class in the game and that diversity of attack options. Let's take a class that uses a ranged weapon, and make it a purely melee class! Did we really need another melee class?

PTs were good in many different situations because they had ranged and melee attacks. I don't know they did that to such a interesting class.

Well, for what it's worth, your revenge on your brethren [Mercs] will soon be at hand! I don't expect you'll let bygones be bygones heh

Hey I like mercs too. Got a lvl 60 before the mega buff was a thing. Love the whole BH class. It just irked me to no end that the mercs got the DCDs that the PT should of gotten.

Hey I like mercs too. Got a lvl 60 before the mega buff was a thing. Love the whole BH class. It just irked me to no end that the mercs got the DCDs that the PT should of gotten.

I've always thought PTs were a very cool and interesting class, before 5.0 I didn't really have much thought of Mercs one way or the other.

I don't blame anyone for wanting those DCDS, I mean who the hell wouldn't. But, I really have to say, and this is with respect, I do not think any DPS spec in the entire game should have DCDs like that. They wreck havoc on trinity, they are inherently unbalancing, and If a class is going to have them, if they will not remove them or nerf them significantly [the DCDs themselves] than I think any DPS spec in the game who had DCDs like that, their DPS should be garbage.

Consider this.

Is there any way, that if instead of Mercs having been given them, they had instead been given to Marauders, that anyone would have been okay with that?

Arsenal is only one rung lower on the DPS chart than Carnage and well higher than Fury. Marauders don't even have self heals at all and mercs do have spammable heals. So, the comparison in specs in similar, in fact, I've heard many people over the years refer to Arsenal as "ranged Carnage" [granted carnage is a harder spec to play, but in the frontloaded sense they are similar]. Would anyone have been okay with that?

Melee has less uptime than ranged do to begin with, less uptime can cost DPS, harder for melee to keep a target in melee range than a range has keeping a target in ranged attack range [4' vs. 30'].

Would anyone have been okay with that?

Of course not.

So how could anyone expect that anyone would be okay with a "Ranged carnage" running around? As it turns out, most weren't okay with it.

You do not want to try and "fix" PTs with these kinds of DCDs. Because a spec was under performing doesn't give any class the right to than be "OP" because "they earned it".

Mercs said the same thing in 4.0, and look what happened.

If PTs get TR or the two reflects, everyone is going to hate PTs, and rightly so.

DPS specs, of any class, should not have H2F under any conditions. Reflects shouldn't have built in heals on top of invulnerability, giving them free reign to unload their rotations on people who can't hit them back.

Now we see that Pyro is getting a buff, and it's about friggen time. Long time coming. But if all of a sudden on top of the DPS buffs, now they have TR, and/or reflect-heal-invulnerability DCDs, all you'd be doing is making Mini-me Mercs out of PTs.

When you have some DPS specs with limited self heals, or no self heals at all, and one life, and than you have other DPS specs with relatively compariable DPS with H2Fs, reflects that often will result in H2Fs because there are a ton of idiots running around PVP culminating in more than one life, you've just created an imbalance.

You can't expect people to be okay with fighting opponents who they can't possibly keep up with in a battle of attrition. A h2F is an extra life any way you cut it.

PTs are in need, and they should get the things they need to put them on more even ground, but H2Fs can't ever result in even ground when only a very select few DPS specs have them. PTs are a melee class, and they should have DCDs like melee classes have [Marauder/Jugg/etc].

Classes with DCDs like mercs have will be hated in PVP. People are fed up with it, they see it as unfair [and rightly so], and they're not going to care which class has it or why they got it. It will result in a backlash, and as fun as that may be for a while to be a titan, sooner or later there is a reckoning. Now Mercs are getting thier DPS severely lowered. And as unfair as that may seem because that really wasn't their problem, if they are going to keep their DCDs which apparently they are, their DPS should be garbage. They shouldn't have gone about it that way of course, but if they weren't gonna bring them down a peg in defenses as they should have, the only other way to bring them down a peg was with their DPS.

I love PTs. I don't want to see them become hated. I don't want after so much time being subpar than when they finally get a bump they instantly become hated. If they get Merc DCDs, there is enough hate to go around. Alot of people hate Mercs and Snipers currently [i'm one of them =p] one more wont make a difference. It isn't like mercs are not gonna be still be great in PVP after 5.3, there gonna be not much different than now even with the DPS nerf. If all of a sudden there comes on the scene another class with these kinds of DCDs, I can't even imagine what will happen. It's not like AP has bad DPS, they still have sick burst, giving them merc DCDs will make them OP.

IMO, DPS specs have no business with DCDs of that kind. Take it from someone who plays a Carnage Marauder who can't heal one friggen point of damage, you can still do very well with DCDs like Marauders Assassins and Juggs have. Without a healer in the group it can be hard, but you do have some self heals and if they would buff them a bit and throw PTs a DCD or two like other Melee specs have, they'll be alright.

I wish they would make PTs like they use to be, mid-range combatants, they had such a unique and interesting place in things, they really had flair and had moves for any environment. Making them purely melee was a bad idea.

Just for the record, I'm not trying to see PTs kept down, I just don't want to see them become hated, they've earned something better than that.

Is there any way, that if instead of Mercs having been given them, they had instead been given to Marauders, that anyone would have been okay with that?

You act as if you're oblivious to the fact that marauders can bounce around a fight, actually facetanking while rotating cooldowns and then self peel with Force Camo to get out of the fight when its going bad.

And equally oblivious to the fact that mercenaries never were able to deal with focus damage to the point where competitive PVP tactic #1 was to kill any mercs first because they were by far the least difficult target.

All it would need to make sense is for mercs to have originally had those half dozen strong mitigation cooldowns and a stealth out.

And yet there they are crammed into an easily shot down strawman example which you then declare a victory for your logic.

Edited by Gyronamics

You act as if you're oblivious to the fact that marauders can bounce around a fight, actually facetanking while rotating cooldowns and then self peel with Force Camo to get out of the fight when its going bad.

And equally oblivious to the fact that mercenaries never were able to deal with focus damage to the point where competitive PVP tactic #1 was to kill any mercs first because they were by far the least difficult target.

All it would need to make sense is for mercs to have originally had those half dozen strong mitigation cooldowns and a stealth out.

And yet there they are crammed into an easily shot down strawman example which you then declare a victory for your logic.

>accuses poster of straw manning

>straw mans poster

Lol #justforumarguments

Edited by Hombad
wording

>accuses poster of straw manning

>straw mans poster

Lol #justforumarguments

Cute try, but I didn't misrepresent so it doesn't apply.

That is the background to the comparison which is why its so ridiculous.

But if I'm not lying then there's great irony in your attempt.

Edited by Gyronamics

IMO, DPS specs have no business with DCDs of that kind. Take it from someone who plays a Carnage Marauder who can't heal one friggen point of damage, you can still do very well with DCDs like Marauders Assassins and Juggs have. Without a healer in the group it can be hard, but you do have some self heals and if they would buff them a bit and throw PTs a DCD or two like other Melee specs have, they'll be alright.

For a long time Mercs have had no effective DCDs vs the continued gap closers and everything else mDPS have gained over a period of time. If the class couldn't kite effectively (or at all) vs the constant stuns / gap closers and all of the shiny toys given to other classes, they effectively became a parsing target that could move slightly.

The problems really occurred after they gutted Merc self heals, gave classes gap closers and then subsequently gave us an inferior gap extender while also gutting our primary kiting tool (Hydraulic Overrides).

I read a lot of cries about Kolto Overload, they improved upon it after having previously gutted it. We never used to have to wait until 30% of HP that could be burst through before it kicked in, it used to work upon activation (and worked better than what it was gutted to). On that subject, a lot of players have seemingly poor memories.

Do I think that class gained a little bit too much in the way of DCDs as primarily a Merc player? Yes. Trauma Regulators, which gets complained about a lot is fine, it's tied to the cooldown on Energy Shield, and to be fair to Mercs here, it isn't their fault players can't get into their heads not to dps them while it's up and they have high HP.

Now the heal on the reflect? That's something I actually wouldn't mind trading with a lower CD on Hydraulic Overrides. Remove the heal, but give me back some of the mobility of the class. Rocket Out can have it's CD increased to compensate, as I personally find it less effective to use.

You also have to remember something when talking about the DCDs for Mercs, compared to a lot of classes, our Disciplines tree has been an utter mess up until 5.0. It's one of the few things that the combat team managed to get right for 5.0, by combining some of the less used utilities and placing them better in the tree. There are always trade offs to be made.

We never used to have to wait until 30% of HP that could be burst through before it kicked in, it used to work upon activation (and worked better than what it was gutted to). On that subject, a lot of players have seemingly poor memories.

Adrenaline Rush used to work on activation yes

But what it did on activation was heal 15% of your maximum health over 10 seconds with no crit possibility.

The first change was to make it heal up to 30% as long as you were below 30% for a max of 8s.

Next change was to move the trigger to 35%

Now utility doubles everything and plus 2s on healing duration

Considering it has always had a 3 min cooldown, the original was total trash. Your memories are oddly rosy about it.

Cute try, but I didn't misrepresent so it doesn't apply.

That is the background to the comparison which is why its so ridiculous.

But if I'm not lying then there's great irony in your attempt.

Well you dealt with the analogy and not the substantive matter, the crux/heart of his argument, and implied his irrationality through your use of language.

That's kind of a misrepresentation to me.

Irrespective of the quality of his argument, the best kind of rebuttal is one that deals squarely and fairly with his matter at large, rather than diminishing it with such a characterisation.

I've always thought PTs were a very cool and interesting class, before 5.0 I didn't really have much thought of Mercs one way or the other.

I don't blame anyone for wanting those DCDS, I mean who the hell wouldn't. But, I really have to say, and this is with respect, I do not think any DPS spec in the entire game should have DCDs like that. They wreck havoc on trinity, they are inherently unbalancing, and If a class is going to have them, if they will not remove them or nerf them significantly [the DCDs themselves] than I think any DPS spec in the game who had DCDs like that, their DPS should be garbage.

Consider this.

Arsenal is only one rung lower on the DPS chart than Carnage and well higher than Fury. Marauders don't even have self heals at all and mercs do have spammable heals. So, the comparison in specs in similar, in fact, I've heard many people over the years refer to Arsenal as "ranged Carnage" [granted carnage is a harder spec to play, but in the frontloaded sense they are similar]. Would anyone have been okay with that?

Melee has less uptime than ranged do to begin with, less uptime can cost DPS, harder for melee to keep a target in melee range than a range has keeping a target in ranged attack range [4' vs. 30'].

Would anyone have been okay with that?

Of course not.

So how could anyone expect that anyone would be okay with a "Ranged carnage" running around? As it turns out, most weren't okay with it.

You do not want to try and "fix" PTs with these kinds of DCDs. Because a spec was under performing doesn't give any class the right to than be "OP" because "they earned it".

Mercs said the same thing in 4.0, and look what happened.

If PTs get TR or the two reflects, everyone is going to hate PTs, and rightly so.

DPS specs, of any class, should not have H2F under any conditions. Reflects shouldn't have built in heals on top of invulnerability, giving them free reign to unload their rotations on people who can't hit them back.

Now we see that Pyro is getting a buff, and it's about friggen time. Long time coming. But if all of a sudden on top of the DPS buffs, now they have TR, and/or reflect-heal-invulnerability DCDs, all you'd be doing is making Mini-me Mercs out of PTs.

When you have some DPS specs with limited self heals, or no self heals at all, and one life, and than you have other DPS specs with relatively compariable DPS with H2Fs, reflects that often will result in H2Fs because there are a ton of idiots running around PVP culminating in more than one life, you've just created an imbalance.

You can't expect people to be okay with fighting opponents who they can't possibly keep up with in a battle of attrition. A h2F is an extra life any way you cut it.

PTs are in need, and they should get the things they need to put them on more even ground, but H2Fs can't ever result in even ground when only a very select few DPS specs have them. PTs are a melee class, and they should have DCDs like melee classes have [Marauder/Jugg/etc].

Classes with DCDs like mercs have will be hated in PVP. People are fed up with it, they see it as unfair [and rightly so], and they're not going to care which class has it or why they got it. It will result in a backlash, and as fun as that may be for a while to be a titan, sooner or later there is a reckoning. Now Mercs are getting thier DPS severely lowered. And as unfair as that may seem because that really wasn't their problem, if they are going to keep their DCDs which apparently they are, their DPS should be garbage. They shouldn't have gone about it that way of course, but if they weren't gonna bring them down a peg in defenses as they should have, the only other way to bring them down a peg was with their DPS.

I love PTs. I don't want to see them become hated. I don't want after so much time being subpar than when they finally get a bump they instantly become hated. If they get Merc DCDs, there is enough hate to go around. Alot of people hate Mercs and Snipers currently [i'm one of them =p] one more wont make a difference. It isn't like mercs are not gonna be still be great in PVP after 5.3, there gonna be not much different than now even with the DPS nerf. If all of a sudden there comes on the scene another class with these kinds of DCDs, I can't even imagine what will happen. It's not like AP has bad DPS, they still have sick burst, giving them merc DCDs will make them OP.

I wish they would make PTs like they use to be, mid-range combatants, they had such a unique and interesting place in things, they really had flair and had moves for any environment. Making them purely melee was a bad idea.

Just for the record, I'm not trying to see PTs kept down, I just don't want to see them become hated, they've earned something better than that.

But something you said. If a merc has those kinds of dcds, their dps should be garbage. Well how would you call PT dps? Oh wait GARBAGE. These DCDs would actually let then live long enough to actually do any kind of damage.

Hence why I keep stating that the dcds should be stripped from the merc and given to the PT. Because PT already has garbage dps. Even on their dps specs, AP and pyro, it's just straight garbage, bottom of the barrel. But as a tank, well that's ok, long as you have the defensive abilities to make up for it.

Which PT DO NOT. They have less defensive abilities than both Juggs AND Sins. Sorry, PT is long overdue to get those. Might be worth a crap then.

Adrenaline Rush used to work on activation yes

But what it did on activation was heal 15% of your maximum health over 10 seconds with no crit possibility.

The first change was to make it heal up to 30% as long as you were below 30% for a max of 8s.

Next change was to move the trigger to 35%

Now utility doubles everything and plus 2s on healing duration

Considering it has always had a 3 min cooldown, the original was total trash. Your memories are oddly rosy about it.

And here's a question? WHY DOES A MERC NEED THAT? Job of a merc is to kite. Use abilites to stop a guy in his tracks then run.

No no, TANKS need abilites like that, not a damn DPS class.

And here's a question? WHY DOES A MERC NEED THAT? Job of a merc is to kite. Use abilites to stop a guy in his tracks then run.

Ah you mean like before 5.0

Merc is still just as good at kiting as it was then, still self heals as good as it did back then.

5.0 changes happened because of how good it was at those things.

It was so famous for its ability to kite and keep itself up that it was granted one hard and two soft anti focus abilities and three different and powerful healing boosts. That was just how good the kiting and survival abilities of merc were before 5.0