Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

246 crafted relics have SAME stats "click/proc" as the 240 "click/proc" relics

other then 8 power and 17 endure/mastery the 246 relics are the SAME as 240, making them waste of mats especially the Iokath Recombinators. did you even check this before you put the update out or did you do that purposed which in that case what was point o even make new 246 crafted relics

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like 2:30am here in Texas, but I wanted to make sure you didn't keep asking until the end of time...If we were to do something like that, it would be the most expensive Cartel Market item known to exist EVAR, as you'd likely be the only player to actually purchase it. ;) But, if you'll promise to stop asking, I will seriously look into it. Deal?

Keith---

on that line of thought.... can we have the PT death from above animation back??? or at least make it look like hte vanguard one, just maybe different color. at the moment Deadly Onslaught looks extremely LAME!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

thank you.

Apologies if someone else asked this already but, what kind of details do the Dev team need from players to be able to have helpful feedback at this point? For instance, in requests for:

Armor

Weapons

Pets

Strongholds

Mounts

Playable Species

Companion Interactions

Direct Sales

Cartel Packs

Story

Bosses

PvP

Etc.

What kind of feedback is more helpful for the team to understand what we are asking for? Or what’s been lacking that would help?I know not every request is abundantly clear. Personally, I didn't realize what was missing to make "iconic jedi robes" until I happened to so see the post of one person that specifically described what was missing.

I appreciate the increased communication and the willingness to adopt suggestions. How can we as players help this process go forward?

Apologies if someone else asked this already but, what kind of details do the Dev team need from players to be able to have helpful feedback at this point? For instance, in requests for:

Armor

Weapons

Pets

Strongholds

Mounts

Playable Species

Companion Interactions

Direct Sales

Cartel Packs

Story

Bosses

PvP

Etc.

*snip*

You forgot OPS LOLOLOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

imo, That would really make things worse

Huh? What do you mean it'd make things worse? Are you talking about the common "there's so much solo content in this game that every player sucks at group content!" complaint, or something else? If it's that complaint, the Shroud mission won't affect the state of that problem at all.

The problem with the mission isn't that it's hard to do, it's that it's so old that no one does it anymore. All they'd have to do is either make the questline repeatable+rewarding, or soloable, because some people may be locked out of that quest's storyline ending because of it.

You forgot OPS LOLOLOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's kinda what I meant by Bosses. Boss battles don't seem to be as important to other content as they are to Ops. However, I tacked both Bosses and PvP at the end because they were an after thought for me. I don't, of myself, do them, but I do want everyone to have a better chance of getting what they need to enjoy the game.

Couple ideas / suggestions to help improve the Game:

1. Legacy unlock (Collections CC or Creds) - RARE Mounts & Pets (Wings, Titan 7, TFB Pod, etc).
  2. Lock Characters in place on Character Selection Menu (First Page is always your favorites - not moving)
  3. Fix QUE Times - Not sure how, but it's horrible and annoying to wait for an hour and burn a CXP booster. Last week I've sat waiting for QUE pop on SM Dailies for almost an HOUR+ during prime time each evening.
  4. Automatically enable CXP or any XP booster STOP feature when on FLEET. Timer starts again when you earn.
  5. Collections Unlock of GSF ships you have purchased already - Legacy wide with Credits or Cartel Coins
  6. GSF Vendor sells Cosmetic ship items for FLEET currency. Why it's CC only is very annoying. At least use existing currency or allow us to purchase with Credits.
  7. Ability to purchase GSF Fleet requisitions conversions with in game Credits or dramatically increase conversion value (250 for 1 cc) instead of current 25 for 1 cc..
  8. Bread Crumb Missions from CXP Crates. You get a hint or something directing you to another something that kicks off a scavenger hunt (Like we had for HK-51). Reward could be some sort of new Companion.
  9. Companion Influence Pack - Like we get for CXP in Operations, but instead you get Companion Influence as a drop (Only get them if they are active when you are about killing something with them active).
  10. Legacy Bound Unassembled tokens - Once unbound timer is done. Mail that new EAR to your ALT.
  11. CXP packs drop Unassembled tokens instead of the actual pieces of Gear for your class/spec. (Make CXP loot more ALT Friendly and give us options at the same time)

Hey, Keith. Has there ever been talk about adding some of the retired or unavailable Cartel Card minipets to the Cartel Coin Card Concierge vendor on the fleet? I know of at least one that was only available if you bought the Origin bundle, but now that specific bundle is no longer available that would be great to own, or some of those country specific pets those of us in the US (Or the other way around) can't get. Some of us have an addiction to getting these pets, so... :p

Is there a chance we could ever see a story revamp happening to KotFE and KotET? An expansion to those expansions, if you will, where the 1 story gets expanded into 3? People complained a lot that we didn't get multiple unique storylines in that expansion and I understand that doing for example 8, as was at the start of SWTOR, is impossible. However, in the Makeb expansion we had for example 2 unique storylines, one Empire and one Republic. Couldn't we have had a similar thing in KotFE and KotET, where we would have had the option to return to our original factions or defect to the enemy one? In that way we would have had three unique storylines, one Alliance, one Empire and one Republic. Had the story been implemented that way I think the playerbase would have been much more praising and happy with what they got, as well as believing the "choices matter" part.

As I am very sad that we never got the choice to return to our original factions. Yes, we can ally ourselves with them but I never wanted that to be frank, I've always wanted to go back to the Sith Empire as Darth Nox or the Wrath to help Acina battle Zakuul, or instead return to what remains of the Jedi Order as the Hero of Tython or Bar'senthor in order to fight Emperor Arcann alongside the Republic. But we never got that choice, we were forced into a tunnel with KotFE and KotET that had a few sub-tunnels but all still ended up at the same spot. A great pity, in my personal opinion :(

Don't get me wrong, the storytelling was good and had me definitely captivated. But I personally believe KotFE and KotET should have been about a seperate main character, a new one if you will, and not a continuation of our original class story characters. They should not have become the Outlander or Commander, I believe.

EDIT: I'd honestly and gladly have such an "expansion" over new story content. I'd happily wait an entire year if it even took them or longer, but if we in the end got 3 unique storylines for KotFE and KotET, one Alliance, one Republic and one Empire, I really believe that would have been worth the wait.

Edited by Ylliarus

Expanding the story is an interesting concept. If they go back and give us the ability to change our official choices that could be nice. I personally thought we should have spent more time building the alliance and taking on smaller hurdles than Zakuul to build up power in KOTFE. I also felt that KOTET took out too many Big Bads at one time and that we should have had the option to destroy the eternal throne. I concede that there's no way to do the last one without changing Iokath's story as well though. :/

Huh? What do you mean it'd make things worse? Are you talking about the common "there's so much solo content in this game that every player sucks at group content!" complaint, or something else? If it's that complaint, the Shroud mission won't affect the state of that problem at all.

The problem with the mission isn't that it's hard to do, it's that it's so old that no one does it anymore. All they'd have to do is either make the questline repeatable+rewarding, or soloable, because some people may be locked out of that quest's storyline ending because of it.

Lets be honest ... mostly everything in this MMO can be soloed with you & your Companion. The Shroud is one of the best Missions they have while still involving Playing with other Players.

Plus, if they create expansions ( KotFE & KotET ) thats literally about ... "Familiy issues" they can branch out The Shroud mission further. In other words, the Devs have ample Potential with this MMO - and seeing as how this MMO is highest funded MMO - nothing is stopping them from doing so.

All i ask is to please think Outside-the-box with these Ideas

Expanding the story is an interesting concept. If they go back and give us the ability to change our official choices that could be nice. I personally thought we should have spent more time building the alliance and taking on smaller hurdles than Zakuul to build up power in KOTFE. I also felt that KOTET took out too many Big Bads at one time and that we should have had the option to destroy the eternal throne. I concede that there's no way to do the last one without changing Iokath's story as well though. :/

If there would have been a story revamp the way I am suggesting I'd have to imagine we'd be allowed to also go back and redo our choices in such a way that we have a new "main playthrough" of KotFE and KotET. I know for example that if I was given the choice to either go create the alliance or return to the Sith Empire I would have definitely done the latter and not the former. I wouldn't have vied for Acina's spot definitely not, but I would have attempted to influence her rule from behind the scenes. Have her be the public face, but the words she speaks would have been mine. I would have adored to have such a choice in KotFE and KotET. I could definitely think of a multi-chapter storyline like originally done in the expansions for such a storyarc, where you cement Acina's rule and through that your own and subsequently help the Empire ready for war in order to beat Zakuul and reclaim the SIth Empire's dominant position from right after the Treaty of Coruscant.

Edited by Ylliarus

The species of Grenkk and Sellexith, anyone? I keep asking but the devs have not given any answers.

I like this idea. On so many planets, you see the same Species, buts its already been well-established that there are other Species within this Universe, such as:

Squibb, Codru-Ji, Kushiban, Cantrosians, and so Much more . Just Google:

" Star Wars: List of Species " and go the Wiki.

Although the App called:

" Fandom: Star Wars " have more Species.

Edited by Vlanzche

I am in shock and awe that BW still hasn't acknowledged 246 Crafted relic are bugged and have same exact click/proc stats as 240 crafted, only thing diffrent about the 246 crafted is 8 power- 17 Endure/mastery... Previous 240/234/230 crafted relics all mirrored there command crate equivalent when it came to proc/click stats Edited by Kyuuu

I like this idea. On so many planets, you see the same Species, buts its already been well-established that there are other Species within this Universe, such as:

Squibb, Codru-Ji, Kushiban, Cantrosians, and so Much more . Just Google:

" Star Wars: List of Species " and go the Wiki.

Although the App called:

" Fandom: Star Wars " have more Species.

Yuuzhan vong (although it's EU, would make for a great series of expansions) and slap an M rating on it.

Quote: Originally Posted by redkungfu View Post

Is it possible to combine GSF, PvP, and Flagships into one giant PvP match? Imagine a Battlefront-esque scenario where each team commands Flagship with the options of manning the turbolasers or launching an assault on the enemy Flagship in a star fighter. Players could land in the enemy vessel and switch to PvP on foot, battling the defenders inside the enemy Flagship. Is this type of gameplay even possible, and if so, is it something you would consider?

That's one of those 'Wow, great idea type messages", but on this one, I'll have to consult with Charles to see what it would take. Sounds like organized Open World (well, Starship world) PvP and we'd need to figure out how to provide the proper incentives so everyone would want to participate.

---Keith

I would DEFINITELY want something like this! It would be awesome!

That's one of those 'Wow, great idea type messages", but on this one, I'll have to consult with Charles to see what it would take. Sounds like organized Open World (well, Starship world) PvP and we'd need to figure out how to provide the proper incentives so everyone would want to participate.

---Keith

While this would be good for pvp players and I can see them doing it, no incentive would get me to pvp. I had way too many bad experiences (minus the couple of times I play with my boyfriend) to ever pvp. But a good idea for pvp players.