Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

True, but I do love those lvl 70s from your own faction who camp the start planets and try and trick people to duel them by spamming the duel button. Killing them at lvl 14 is the most fun I've had in ages lol

lol everyone is not good, that's why we have laws, rules and a host of other stuff to discourage unacceptable behavior.

Since, dueling is not a forced activity, There is no penalty. Though the spamming thing can be annoying. People do that for guild invites and group invites too.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol everyone is not good, that's why we have laws, rules and a host of other stuff to discourage unacceptable behavior.

Since, dueling is not a forced activity, There is no penalty. Though the spamming thing can be annoying. People do that for guild invites and group invites too.

If it was real greifing it would be bad.. but you have to admit that if you beat one of those lvl 70s it's pretty funny

It's like 2:30am here in Texas, but I wanted to make sure you didn't keep asking until the end of time...If we were to do something like that, it would be the most expensive Cartel Market item known to exist EVAR, as you'd likely be the only player to actually purchase it. ;) But, if you'll promise to stop asking, I will seriously look into it. Deal

Keith---

On this topic Keith as far as animations go would that be possible for us to maybe purchase older or a different animation for our abilities.for example I play tk sage and I really prefer the animation and sound effect of disturbance over telekinetic burst which replaces disturbance it would be cool if I could use it instead thanks

On this topic Keith as far as animations go would that be possible for us to maybe purchase older or a different animation for our abilities.for example I play tk sage and I really prefer the animation and sound effect of disturbance over telekinetic burst which replaces disturbance it would be cool if I could use it instead thanks

The problem is they, somehow, couldn't apply the Telekinetic Burst's damage/effects to disturbance because it is a skill that all Sages have. Since, TB is better than Disturbance, and they could not change the quality of TK's disturbance, specifically, they just deleted it because it would be a useless, additional skill.

Maybe they could make it an important skill in the balance spec; make it function like telekinetic throw does ( don't think anyone likes its animation anyways).

I totally prefer disturbance, and would stubbornly used it in TK if they hadn't deleted it . You can hardly have fun, in SWTOR and be competitive at the same time.

Edited by Yezzan

"Is it possible to combine GSF, PvP, and Flagships into one giant PvP match? Imagine a Battlefront-esque scenario where each team commands Flagship with the options of manning the turbolasers or launching an assault on the enemy Flagship in a star fighter. Players could land in the enemy vessel and switch to PvP on foot, battling the defenders inside the enemy Flagship. Is this type of gameplay even possible, and if so, is it something you would consider? "

That's one of those 'Wow, great idea type messages", but on this one, I'll have to consult with Charles to see what it would take. Sounds like organized Open World (well, Starship world) PvP and we'd need to figure out how to provide the proper incentives so everyone would want to participate.

---Keith

I was talking about this with friends since GSF and flagships first appeared in this game. I even wrote a thread about this some time ago. This game needs wars between guilds, because right now guildships are basically useless.

It dosn't have to be very complicated. Just add guildships to gsf matches and when one of the teams will destroy opposite side, just switch to some kind of voidstar. The team wins when they destroy oponent in both gsf and pvp. If one of the teams will only win in gsf it will be consider a draw but rewards will go to team that won gsf.

You could also consider some kind of ranking like in rwz but for guilds with seasonal rewards. Please Keith let me know what do You think about it.

Edited by KrukPL

What I'm also hoping is by the increased dialog, weekly discussion threads, and regular ole, "what a great idea" type of messages, we'll deliver lots of changes enjoyable for a wide range of different play styles.

--Keith-

I've an idea that maybe a great one or not... allow combine queuing so you can queue for regs, ranked and gsf all at the same time...

In regards to character customization and QoL improvements mentioned in the Roadmap, could we perhaps see more items added to the Adaptive Gear vendor? There are still a lot of amazing and beautiful moddable armour sets that were removed when KotFE hit from planetary vendors etc. which I think would be a very welcome sight to see with many players who loved them. One such armour set could perhaps be the Darth Baras one with his mask, but then designed in such a way that both male and female versions of the outfit are unrevealing (an issue I talk about this this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=924787 ). But still there are a lot of armour sets missing that were available before that still haven't had their return into the game and are terribly missed by the community. Seeing them returned to the mentioned vendor, or another one, would be a gigantic and epic QoL improvement. A few examples of these armour sets still missing: [Artifact] Pristine Battlemind, Arkanian Force-Master, [Artifact] Pristine Ardent Blade, Campaign Weaponmaster, Columi Stalker/Survivor, Dark Reaver Force-Master, Deceiver Bulwark / Pummeler, Elite War Hero Weaponmaster, Forcebound Adept, Rakata Stalker/Survivor but most, most importantly... Centurion Force-Master/Force-Mystic. I really would love to see that last one returned into the game. Edited by Ylliarus

That's one of those 'Wow, great idea type messages", but on this one, I'll have to consult with Charles to see what it would take. Sounds like organized Open World (well, Starship world) PvP and we'd need to figure out how to provide the proper incentives so everyone would want to participate.

---Keith

Maybe a bit different: A starship battle between two flagships (and, maybe some helping ships in the background). Between those ships, we have a space station (like Carrick). Achieving goals on the Space Station (e.g. Tapping Turbo-Lasers, killing enemys) grants a score. When the score reaches 1.000 you win.

Besides the battle on the space station, there is also a battle outside, where you can also help on the score by destroying enemys and targets at the space station, like turbolasers.

However the map may look after, taking so many players, that the map is not empty might a bit too much for swtors engine. So, maybe we have to make different maps. I like the idea of a new gsf map fighting near a space station. Maybe s.th. like "attack the space station", where one team has to defend the station, and the other team has to conquer/destroy it by destroying turrets and other important systems. After one round, the sides are switching and the former defenders are attacking the station.

A new ground pvp map on a space station would also be nice. The game mode can be just a simple death match "kill all enemies troops" (100 kills overall?) Or tapping several important points, like turbo lasers, reactor core, bridge, hangars etc.

There are so many ideas...

---Keith

That game has a name it's Battlefront...

It's like 2:30am here in Texas, but I wanted to make sure you didn't keep asking until the end of time...If we were to do something like that, it would be the most expensive Cartel Market item known to exist EVAR, as you'd likely be the only player to actually purchase it. ;) But, if you'll promise to stop asking, I will seriously look into it. Deal?

Keith---

May I ask on our behalf then because I also really prefer the older animation.

---Keith

I also was thinking about it for a long time. It could be realized like this:this activity is needed to be queued (as warzones or gsf), everything is happening in the space: two teams appear on their huge flagships - one team is an attacking team another is an defensive ship, some of the players who are in an attacking team sits in little starships (freighters) (which can shoot and fly of course),fly's out from their flagship and tries to destroy enemies' flagship, another part of the players in an attacking teams takes a big transporting ship which fly's to enemies flagship, gets inside it and lets them out, these players from attacking team are fighting with players from defensive team inside their flagship. MEANWHILE some of the players in defensive team are using turrets to destroy attacking team's little starships (freighters) and attacking teams transporting ships, while other players from defensive team fighting attacking teams players which got inside their flagship.

However one problem here - Those who are from attacking team and died on enemies' flagship should resurrect somewhere but i have no idea where :D on their defensive flagship and take transporting ship again? Or,already on enemies flagship somewhere? - i don't know.

So with it we can combine both gsf and face-to-face pvp

I'm not Keith, but I'll hop in on this one!

You're definitely right - our goal was absolutely to encourage Open World PvP on Iokath. One of our main motivations for including stuff like playable vehicles and Op bosses and Player loot was to make PvP on Iokath a unique and interesting experience compared to Outlaw's Den or Ilum. And, yeah, it just doesn't seem to have grabbed folks' interest.

I don't think that forcing Players to participate in PvP is the answer - SWTOR just isn't that kind of game - so we need to look elsewhere for solutions. Presumably better incentives would be a great way to start, but I'd love to hear your thoughts (and everyone else's) on the subject. In the coming weeks one of the discussion topics we will make is on this very topic!

so with ur message world pvp will be dead. U guys dont understand the mechanic of how MMO works. U know the secret why wow had so cool open world pvp? BECAUSE they provide AWESOME, UNIQUE rewards for it. So until you start to do the same, so e of ur activities will be always DEAD. Some of the awesome, unique rewards must be available only for doing PVE activities, some of the unique rewards must be available only for pvp activities. It' ps the only one working way lol. If you wont so it - don't even try anything else since you will just spend time without any use. MMO is always about forcing - if you want lighting tuning - pls do some pvp dailies, if you want thythian lightsaber - pls do some pve dailies or activities. IT IS HOW IT WORKS. If you give players low, bad rewards - they wont do it, if u give players two ways of getting cool reward - they will choose the easiest one (aka - without pvp).

Besides, you are already forcing people to do pve - due to much faster gearing up through pve, and some rewards could be obtained only with pve (for example thythian lightsaber and other things which are dropping from pve bosses). Gtn isn't counting since the prices are over-high. When u guys understand how mmo works lol? It is because before you created this game u had only experience of making single-player games

It's like 2:30am here in Texas, but I wanted to make sure you didn't keep asking until the end of time...If we were to do something like that, it would be the most expensive Cartel Market item known to exist EVAR, as you'd likely be the only player to actually purchase it. ;) But, if you'll promise to stop asking, I will seriously look into it. Deal?

Keith---

If that's the direction we're going, I'd like to see the old Vanguard "Motor Volly" animation return. Although I prefer the mechanics of the new "air strike" move, it just looks awful...especially when it bugs. Kinda looks like a rave went horribly wrong, or like I went to a color run or something. :sul_confused:

PS: Would also like PvP & GSF pops on my server (POT5), you know...just the ability to play the game I'm paying a monthly subscription for.......

Keith---

Keith, it's the small posts like this that make you awesome.

These posts may not turn into anything tangible, but they do an amazing job of transforming the image of Bioware as a remote and un-approachable corporate drone factory into a team of living, breathing individuals.

---Keith

This is something my guild has been wanting in SWTOR FOREVER! If flagship PvP could be a thing then I would be PvPing every second. :rak_03:

---Keith

Truly an excellent idea. :cool:

For me, "proper incentive" would be just having this in the game.

Keith---

Oh great... Enter Alec to cry about Jedi robes until he gets HIS answer :rolleyes: You may have opened a can of worms here buddy xD Lots of entitled people that will feel it's their god given right to have you "seriously look into" their pet issues. And will no doubt also promise to badger you until the end of time if you don't address them xD To be honest I'm in shock he hasn't came in full force already xD

---Keith

Not gonna lie, this sounds incredible and I'll be disappointed if it turns out this isn't possible. Maybe this could be the cornerstone of this year's expansion! Or even a mini-expansion like Galactic Starfighter and Strongholds.

(Psst. PSSST. I am sure a lot of "I hate using walkers" complaints will be alleviated if walker use was restricted to massive battle kinda maps. You could make PvE group battles on a similar basis too. Imagine reworking the Kuat Flashpoint to incorporate 2 players in starfighters and 2 in the shipyards themselves. Now THAT would be something.)

Oh great... Enter Alec to cry about Jedi robes until he gets HIS answer :rolleyes: You may have opened a can of worms here buddy xD Lots of entitled people that will feel it's their god given right to have you "seriously look into" their pet issues. And will no doubt also promise to badger you until the end of time if you don't address them xD To be honest I'm in shock he hasn't came in full force already xD

Aaaaand look one post after yours, it has begun. :D

Alec, we believe in you! Come here and join!

Keith,

Is it possible for the rewards at the Nightlife Event to be put on the collections. I know they are legacy wide but unlocking them on our account would be nice, especially the mounts and the companion instead of having to hope and pray to the RNG gods that we get more for our other accounts and some of us have 12 or more lol.

Thanks.

How about a pvp in one of the planets cities. Conquer the city kinda like xbox games . Have objectives you need to complete and kill the opposite team. That would be a lot more fun. Have to think and kill the opposition. Having a sniper sit and prevent anyone from playing is not fun. Having to move around a building of city is way more fun.

Ummm...my comment was in response to PvE version of GSF. But, to answer your question, we are in the process of providing more MMO content which includes updates for the variety of game systems offered by SWTOR including, Flashpoints, Operations, PvP, GSF, story updates, companion changes, just to name a few. Those efforts should benefit the foundation of this MMO, although t do enjoy themepark content, too.

What I'm also hoping is by the increased dialog, weekly discussion threads, and regular ole, "what a great idea" type of messages, we'll deliver lots of changes enjoyable for a wide range of different play styles.

--Keith-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, its nice having a vague idea of what beings considered.

Amidst all that I've type on Page 33, was anything considered ? I'm not trying to sound Selfish, but some of those listed was Problems Players had when they 1st started too ... And its an Issue I still here about today.

( such as Exhaustion Zones )

My point is, despite all that was stated ... Why can't Devs just Remove Exhaustion Zones ?

Or at least expand the SandBox ? ( Not ThemePark-Only )

If not that, then ... Give more Depth to each Area - rather than walking on Ground Level ... can go Underground ? Or Climb up Mountains ?

( for This Example I'll still use Tatooine. but NOTE: Other Planets can utilize this Differently ... or better )

Removing Exhaustion Zones:

~ Exploration, Seek out Crafting Material, Treasure Hunting via Relics or Ancient Sith Caves, You might fall into a

Sand Hole ... which could then lead to a Intertwined Passage-Way Filled with it's own Dangers, you find a

way back up ( via Force Abilities or Technological Abilities ) . Maybe now they want to Climb Mountains ? After

some time passing by, a Player might begin to see Mirages ... just like an actual desert. etc ...

( possible New GSI, Seeker Droid Missions and MacroBinocular Missions ? )

In short, if you wanted more content, you simply just remove Exhaustion Zones - consider Open-World ?

I'm not asking for an entire "True=Planet"

( that'll make the Game File too big )

But i know you could Make these Area Bigger.

All-in-all, I'm asking to make the Changes that will forever have a Big Impact on the MMO as a whole. And it doesn't have to solely be ThemePark Content.

Possibly the Best way to summarize this .... " Imagine a Script; A script that's entirely Lucid and well-thought-out. Then apply Logic to that Script and then implement that into the MMO "

(i.e. Think " Outside-the-Box " ... yet remembering that there is also Legends-Lore to fall-back on )

Because there's alot more to add than just ThemePark Content ... and if you do, don;t let it be Repetitive " Copy&Paste "

Edited by Vlanzche