Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Update on Roadmap

KeithKanneg

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith,

Thank you for the update. From prior dealings with you, it's obvious that you are both in touch with what people want and also seem to understand that staying in touch with that is what keeps paying people around. Kudos to you for taking steps in the right direction and doing what you can to try and get this runaway train to do a 180 from where it's been headed. Hopefully with you navigating we can continue to see small improvements moving forward.

Just be sure not to let whiners push you into a state of dementia that causes you to make ill informed decisions that bring about things like Galactic Command or Planetary Level Scaling (Worst idea ever)

Good on you for keeping family first, hopefully you had an enjoyable time with your dad. I'd hate for us to have to break out the Jawa doll and have you point to what was touched.

"While you continue to wait, here’s a few highlights of Game Update 5.2.2 scheduled for mid-June (yes, in 2017):"

Easy killer, you are going to overwhelm us (Seriously tho, rapid fire content, no matter how small, is a 200% improvement to sitting around with our thumbs up our butts not knowing if logging in is worth it any more.

• The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event returns with old and some awesome new rewards
    Holy macaroni yesssss. Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting to sink millions into slot machines again?? Hears hoping you guys have come up with or are working on another mount that can compare to the rancor. Cuz let's face it, that floundering ***** of a speeder kinda sucked.

• New Character Perks to increase your speeder piloting speed to 120% and 130%
    See if it weren't for Level scaling this would be a prime opportunity to host swoop racing PvP events on Tatooine. Just imagine the fun of 10 racers zooming through the desert when BOOM, some lowbie Jugg jumps on you and kerploofs your face into the sand, leaving you to face slam the keyboard as you move into 10th place so you can ROFLStomp the attempted murderer.

• Companions will gain influence through standard crew skill missions
    I hate companions. But great for people that use them! Makes a small QOL that will lower people dependency on Comp gifts.

• Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens – this means you can obtain a full bonus gear set for under 800 Command Tokens. You will be able to choose the type of gear you want to purchase (DPS, Tank, or Healer).
    Another small step in the right direction. I for one am super grateful for this change. Tediously grinding for RNG provided gear for a dump truck load of alts is the reason I went from playing every class, down to two classes. Some of us just don't have the time to try and gear up neglected alts. So a way to make that slightly easier is a plus.

• We made a variety of changes to Galactic Starfighter – primarily aimed at reducing the cost, increasing requisition rewards, and offering all players a Gunship and Bomber as standard ships (available in your hangar).
    I know a lot of people on TEH participate in GSF. Not nearly as many as once did, but with this change hopefully it might encourage some to join the GSF ranks or return to it.

All in all you are pushing things back in the right direction. It's going to be uphill but most of us have faith in you and the team.

Just remember,

Nobody is going to give a flying Bantha fart about the "Thrill of the Hunt™" if you guys don't give needed attention to "The long time loyal players who sub and help pay for this game and have been consistently driven off due to somebody deciding knocking SWTOR into a pool of terrible, slow, unneeded and unwanted content and then standing on its head while it drowns™" was a good idea.

Keep on the good fight my man. And may the Schwartz be ever in your favor.

Love Lennik.

TL;DR,

Good things are good.

• Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens – this means you can obtain a full bonus gear set for under 800 Command Tokens. You will be able to choose the type of gear you want to purchase (DPS, Tank, or Healer).

This is the one thing I really wanted to hear. Thank you for this.

Is this likely to become a regular thing where deadlines, for whatever reason, are missed? People saying real life comes first, which holds true but turns out work is real life. Pretty much work trumps leisure in the real life department unless your a bum who doesn't value their job and clocks in the bare minimum. Not saying this is the case for anyone but I did find it to be a bit of a strange comment.

However so far 5.2 was delayed, we have seen extended maintenance, a number of technical issues, class balancing being delayed because someone was on leave and now the road map being delayed by 3 weeks? It doesn't feel like this is good for the game, most the servers are empty.

While the June update doesn't seem to offer anything to make the end game appealing.

The Nightlife Event, is that where you purchase a million tokens then give yourself rsi clicking on a box hoping to get lucky and win a rancor? I'm sure I am missing something but don't we have plenty of gambling boxes from the Galactic Command.

As some with fleet admiral rank and 5 to 1 kill ratio, I don't play any more and this wont be improved by more gunships and bombers. Its been ignored for years and its already gunships trading kills and possibly a burst strike scout.

While the change to gear is nice, this is really just putting the base gear level for any future content requiring 800 tokens. Or you will continue new content to be balanced at basic level 70 gear and getting these tier 1 set bonus gear + bolster is just going to make the rng of galactic command seem even more pointless.

While it may be unfair to group the other stuff as fluff given that gives unfair weight to the three things I've mentioned but I haven't seen a lot of posts on the forum saying this game would be amazing if my speeder went 10 or 20% faster, or my companions gained influence from crew mission (purple gifts aren't exactly expensive) will make getting blue crap from tier 4 boxes really worthwhile.

Really is there nothing more impactful after 3 weeks of working on the road map something to make sticking it out for the next month seem like anything more than a rng generated grind.

Hey everyone,

Wanted to provide an update on my first Producer Roadmap, but getting it published is taking longer than I anticipated. Partly my own fault, as my Dad came to visit and I took a few days off over the past couple of weeks to spend time with him. This ultimately slowed my progress but I am back in full swing now and pushing to get the roadmap completed.

I honestly thought I would have had the roadmap done and communicated already, but, I realistically need more time to finalize it. Translated: That means end of this month, but with full intention of delivering it sooner. <sad face> This is not something I wanted to tell you, but I promised to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening.

While you continue to wait, here’s a few highlights of Game Update 5.2.2 scheduled for mid-June (yes, in 2017):

• We made a variety of changes to Galactic Starfighter – primarily aimed at reducing the cost, increasing requisition rewards, and offering all players a Gunship and Bomber as standard ships (available in your hangar).

I will continue to pass on roadmap updates as I have them. We do have an exciting year ahead of us and I look forward to sharing it you.

---Keith

1. Family is always important. Take it from someone who lost her father a little over two years ago, enjoy the time you have with him because when he's gone no matter how long you will miss him.

2. Thanks for the vendor for the Tier 1 set. That is much appreciated.

Thanks for being open and communication. Have a great day.

Hey everyone,

Wanted to provide an update on my first Producer Roadmap, but getting it published is taking longer than I anticipated. Partly my own fault, as my Dad came to visit and I took a few days off over the past couple of weeks to spend time with him. This ultimately slowed my progress but I am back in full swing now and pushing to get the roadmap completed.

I honestly thought I would have had the roadmap done and communicated already, but, I realistically need more time to finalize it. Translated: That means end of this month, but with full intention of delivering it sooner. <sad face> This is not something I wanted to tell you, but I promised to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening.

While you continue to wait, here’s a few highlights of Game Update 5.2.2 scheduled for mid-June (yes, in 2017):

I will continue to pass on roadmap updates as I have them. We do have an exciting year ahead of us and I look forward to sharing it you.

---Keith

You promised us class balance roadmap. I don't see any class changes :rak_02: u should have had madd it first.

Hey everyone,

---Keith

This is awesome. Really happy about the Nar Shaddaa event returning and new rewards to boot! And also any changes/updates/add-ons to Galactic Starfighter is also welcome good news.

Thanks Keith!

Good on you for spending time with your dad. Family is important! Hope you guys got to do some fun things together!

Wow, an update offered all with changes that I like! Hard to complain about that, even for me. We're still missing news on several very important issues (like class balance!), but I do hope everything does materialize as indicated. However, I suspect certain things promised in the past (such as the new operation) aren't going to be finished within the time we were originally promised (the end of the year) if we're not getting 5.2.2 until June. To be honest, I expected that from the moment the new boss-by-boss release for the new operation was announced, but it still makes me sad regardless. But hey, I'd loved to be proved wrong, and see you guys pump out a lot of content before the end of December!

Edited by AscendingSky

While I approve of cost reduction and increased requisition, I'm not all that certain it's a good move to make gunships available to everyone from the get-go. That, combined with changes to make upgrading faster, may well mean that there will be a huge influx of gunships, making for an even vaster majority of ****** gunship standoff TDMs (there's already too many of those).

The less time we spend on getting gear, the more time we'll have to actually enjoy content like Operations, PvP or GSF! Some of us haven't even done half of the available Operations yet, because we keep falling behind in the grind! (Hey, I rhymed!)

So yes, any grind-killer is welcome! I know some hardcore boys will strongly disagree, but they are only a hand full of players compared to what most people would like to see. I want what's best for Average Joe, because most of us have jobs and are looking at months just to obtain a set of gear. It's more important that more people are able to participate in content than having them continue to try to get to that stage.

This will most likely free up time to get into content like GSF and Operations more often, and that is ultimately what will keep SWTOR alive and kicking! So yeah, I'm really happy about the few crumbs we've been fed and I'm starting to get enthusiastic again! Thank you so much. I know this is my third reply already, but I can't stress enough how positive I am about these changes and your communication with us SWTOR-Junkies!

Have a good one!

Edited by saberscreen

Wha...What? Are you serious, or do you just complain without reading anything? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I am serious. 3 weeks from now, we are halfway into 2017, that's half a year and still no roadmap, no class balance changes, no addressing of server populations, no performance optimization and the bug list is endless some of which date back to launch in 2011.

It's downright embarrassing right now. "My face is tired" from reading yellow posts.... get it?

Glad to hear you got to hang out with your Dad, and very encouraged by the changes you've disclosed. They suggest that you have a good sense of what we want to see. Thanks for treating us like adults, too. Who knows, we might even start to act like adults. Just saying.

Yeah, I am serious. 3 weeks from now, we are halfway into 2017, that's half a year and still no roadmap, no class balance changes, no addressing of server populations, no performance optimization and the bug list is endless some of which date back to launch in 2011.

It's downright embarrassing right now. "My face is tired" from reading yellow posts.... get it?

And this is all Keith's doing?

Ray of sunshine.

To be fair, Keith was given a dumpster fire to put out, but was only offered a squirt bottle to do it with. Even if he wants to do good changes, he has to pry out the money and approvals necessary from EA, and then said changes have to be developed and coded, etc.

Yes, I agree things are taking far too long. The slow dripfeed of minimal content and RNG endgame has crippled the game. But I can't blame Keith for the situation he inherited. I'm trying to give him a fair and reasonable chance to show he can do better before lumping him in with the likes of Ben "THE THRILL OF THE HUNT!!!!!" Irving.

Edited by AscendingSky

To be fair, Keith was given a dumpster fire to put out, but was only offered a squirt bottle to do it with. Even if he wants to do good changes, he has to pry out the money and approvals necessary from EA, and then said changes have to be developed and coded, etc.

Yes, I agree things are taking far too long. The slow dripfeed of minimal content and RNG endgame has crippled the game. But I can't blame Keith for the situation he inherited. I'm trying to give him a fair and reasonable chance to show he can do better before lumping him in with the likes of Ben "THE THRILL OF THE HUNT!!!!!" Irving.

Not wanting to go over old ground too heavily... but why does Keith have to prise money and approvals necessary from EA for his hopefully good changes... whereas Ben was simply just freely handed it and then frittered it away on RNG rubbish?

^^THIS^^

Keith was given a cluster fluff of 3-years of utter neglect. Give the guy time. He may not be able to do what we all want him to do, but I have a helluva lot more faith in him than I ever did in Ben. Give him a chance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.