Your reasons for joining swtor

KLAGAN_TROY

Betrayal at Krondor --> The Horde --> Myst --> Zork: Nemesis --> Stone Keep --> Baldur's Gate I, II & III--> Icewind Dale I & II --> Torment --> Never Winter Nights I & II --> Knights of the Old Republic --> Jade Empire --> Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords --> Dragon Age: Origins --> Mass Effect I --> SWTOR.

That's how I got here. I guess I took the scenic route.

Betrayal at Krondor --> The Horde --> Myst --> Zork: Nemesis --> Stone Keep --> Baldur's Gate I, II & III--> Icewind Dale I & II --> Torment --> Never Winter Nights I & II --> Knights of the Old Republic --> Jade Empire --> Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords --> Dragon Age: Origins --> Mass Effect I --> SWTOR.

That's how I got here. I guess I took the scenic route.

thats a traditional route. mine is far from traditional.

Star Trek Armada demo in MP (2001 & first ever mp game i've ever played) -> Quake (2002-2003) -> Quake 2 (2002-2004) -> Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (2004- 2007, 2015-2016) -> Formula 1 Challenge 99-02 (2004-2008) -> Battlefield 2 (2006-2008) -> RFactor (2008-2012) -> Star Trek Online (2010-2016) -> SWTOR (2011-)

Star Trek Armada demo in MP (2001 & first ever mp game i've ever played) -> Quake (2002-2003) -> Quake 2 (2002-2004) -> Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (2004- 2007, 2015-2016) -> Formula 1 Challenge 99-02 (2004-2008) -> Battlefield 2 (2006-2008) -> RFactor (2008-2012) -> Star Trek Online (2010-2016) -> SWTOR (2011-)

I remember Star Trek Armada 😊

I remember Star Trek Armada 😊

two names stood out from that time Cannedfish, my first mp opponent in STA and violentsteven on the gamespy service for STA2, infamously saying "RF are noobs" :rolleyes:. RF wasa guild back then called Rogue Force.

good times those were. most of my fondest memories were playing Wolf:ET, i don't think a game like that will ever be created again.

Ha! No way Jose! At that time it wasn't! This was ground-breaking and new! Most of my friends were playing Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter or Super Mario!

There's one thing I remain proud of though, actually two things! I was 11 or 12 when I finished Myst and I think I was 15 when I finished Zork Nemesis. I remember my parents couldn't finish these games and some of their colleagues gave up too. I felt really clever back then. (That was before we had YouTube walkthroughs!) Actually, we didn't have internet at that time yet. (Maybe some of you did?)

Actually, my first favourite game was Frogger on the Commodore 64. I even programmed a couple of racing games and shooting games on that thing. (And I programmed my own sounds!) I don't know why I gave up on that hobby. It had something to do with the girl next door telling me she thought I was a nerd, so I went out of my way to prove that I wasn't. Needless to say that it all went downhill from there!

Joined SWTOR cuz I love KOTOR and all Old Republic era stories (Darth Bane, Revan, Malak, etc). I doubt I would join a game in the new SW episodes era. The Skywalker`s family drama is so boring. Edited by iankalo

Why I joined SWTOR? Thanks for this refreshing Post.

It is Star Wars… I have played every Star Wars themed game, except for the lego series, or watched all the movies since the beginning.

I can remember the grand opening of Star Wars a New Hope. I took my Daughter to see it. Then I was here for the opening of this SWTOR online. I have two Founder accounts, which I have continually played.

Then how about the first box game a Jedi Outcast and all other boxed games with the SW trademark. I own all games and all movies, that were sold. I do still love all the old music sound tracks, that are in these games. Original movies by Lucas 1 thru 6 then Disney 7 and Rogue.

I guess you could say I have lived Star Wars. So it’s only natural for me to play a Star War game. If its got the trademark, then I will buy into it.

May the Force be with you

Skinner

The biggest reason for me to sign up for SWTOR was because of my awesome experiences with KOTOR I & II. The multiplayer aspect is definitely a huge fun factor, but I've always been a little bit disappointed with SWTOR because I expected it to be like KOTOR. I'm certainly not the only person who feels this way, so I hope the folks at Bioware will do something with this information. Edited by saberscreen

Always been a fan of star Wars. I have played a lot of mmos. I would always take breaks to try a new mmo or an old one i use to play. but i always came back to this one. I dont have friends that play any mmo. this is a great one just to solo, sink myself into story play. that character story's are amazing, ya some are better then others but its great to experience them all.

I came because it was Star Wars. I played SWG since launch and when they shut that game down I signed up for this game. If that game was still around other than the crappy EMU. I probably would still be playing it. I will continue to play this game until they shut it down or make a new Star Wars that is better than this one. Hopefully if they make a new Star Wars they will make one that Bounty Hunters can hunt down players :) like SWG. Miss those old days.

Husband and I started playing right after launch. We enjoy trying out new MMOs and have tried many over the years. Some we stick with for awhile, others we drift away from before the first month is out. This is one we stuck with for awhile, but it kept me hooked much longer than him. We've tried a few other launches since then, but I have found the fully voiced quests have me spoiled. I'm not good at juggling two MMOs at the same time, so it's all or nothing, and none of the newer MMOs have been able to lure me away for long.

I was playing Fleet (an old SOE 2d game) and a guy from my squad announced the forums. we couldnt type fast enough. been here ever since. a few hospital stays and a failed cooling fan held me down for a bit...

i will play more later, though. still subbed.

edit: would be a travesty not to mention that the same squad in Fleet! was also playing SWG as well. My online resume isnt as vast as others.

Edited by Qouivandes

It's the sequel of KOTOR 2 so to speak. :D

i know of a few players who emphatically disagree with that statement :p the comments i read say they want a KOTOR 3. i thought this is KOTOR 3! it is based on the events from the previous game while it's set in the old republic.

AAaaaaah I want to PLAYYYY! My computer battery charger died on me on Sunday, can't play. Just when I was unlocking armor sets at half price through collections :(

Okay, a young Luke full of dreams gazing at a binary sunset is part of my DNA since I was 4, a long time ago.

I resisted the call of MMOs until a day in the summer of 2012. And.... well... that stuff beyond Knight of the Old Republic... kept being advertised on the pages I was working with. And what trailers my god! :eek:

To be honest I never expected all chars to have the exact same story based on class, and I kinda expected people to have formed a full ecosystem of chars (that would be heavy RP) and to be seriously into the Force, the Old Republic, the Empire, and so on. Rolled on a PVE server and stuck with it.

Edited by BenduKundalini

I started on SWG from the beginning and played until it died. Then preordered this one and played for a while. Played others MMOs (Eve, Rift, WOW, LOTR, ESO to name a few). No other game could keep my attention after playing for a while. I recently came back to this game to give it another try and seem to really enjoy it. I love star wars and this is the only MMO for it.